Options

28 Weeks Later!

• Options
    CarnivoreCarnivore Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    coffee is for losers.

us real men do shots of vodka in the morning.

Carnivore on
    hihi.jpg
  • Options
    DranoDrano __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    i cant remember if ive tried irish coffee or not

Drano on
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Carnivore wrote: »
    coffee is for losers.

us real men do shots of vodka in the morning.

or both

all yelling at the morning meeting because your rat-faced boss won't order a goddamn pizza

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    i wonder what cocain is like.
    probably awesome

Drano on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    oh man when I worked at Verizon Wireless, they had this big fitness drive, then installed foutain soda machines in the office and gave us 64oz mugs, then wouldn't let us order sandwiches instead of pizza for the meetings

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    i was offered cocaine once by a 16 year old girl

Drano on
  • Options
    Jedi RenegadeJedi Renegade Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    did you snort it off her ass

Jedi Renegade on
    metalsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    she did a hit and started using my computer to go on myspace and write poetry.
    it was the darnedist thing.
    she wouldnt shut up about how deep she was.
    it was my friends little cousins girlfriend.

Drano on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    the "I'm so deep" was clearly a sexual innuendo

Jedi Renegade on
    metalsig.jpg
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    clearly

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    ACTUALLY
    my friend was there with a girl too, and we find out later her parents were pressing charges against him for statutory rape. shit happens at my place, i wouldnt have testified in his favor.
    he probably knew she was under aged too, my friend is an asshole.

I DONT WANT TO DO MY SCHOOL WORK.

Drano on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    wait, HIS parents were pressing charges?

Jedi Renegade on
    metalsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    i fixed it, cool your britches

Drano on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    inyourendo

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    you didn't fix it fast enough dammit

I was misinformed for a short period of time

Jedi Renegade on
    metalsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    im leaning forward and sipping my coffee.
    my heart is beating so hard its actually rocking me back and forth slightly

Drano on
  • Options
    Tiger_ArmyGTRTiger_ArmyGTR Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    i like to say sexual nintendo....

Tiger_ArmyGTR on
    Drunkenly pissing on a girl's work clothes is no path to a second date.
  • Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Instead of being infected with the Rage virus, they should make a movie about people getting infected with the Gay virus. Mass involuntary homosexual orgies in the streets would bring upon the apocalypse via God smiting.

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    SA wrote: »
    Instead of being infected with the Rage virus, they should make a movie about people getting infected with the Gay virus. Mass involuntary homosexual orgies in the streets would bring upon the apocalypse via God smiting.
    28 Gays Later?

Halfmex on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Halfmex wrote: »
    28 Gays Later?

I want alot more than just 28 gays. I'm talking about hundreds of millions here. Maybe even billions.

SA on
  • Options
    SpazMuffinSpazMuffin Hey Cut it outRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    28 Gays Later?

I want alot more than just 28 gays. I'm talking about hundreds of millions here. Maybe even billions.
    What are you like gay or something?
    He has already been infected, time to go Frank on him

SpazMuffin on
    Cosgrove_Face_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    SpazMuffin wrote: »
    28 Gays Later?

What are you like gay or something?
    He has already been infected, time to go Frank on him

Nah, I'm like the cliche disheveled scientist explaining the magnitude of outbreak to the Generals and Government Officials in the underground bunker.

SA on
  • Options
    [Tycho?][Tycho?] As elusive as doubt Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Defender wrote: »
    Sheri wrote: »
    Defender wrote: »
    Fuck defender. Liking a movie because it's fun and keeps you entertained is good enough reason for me. Either you like it or done, who gives a shit why.

Yeah, either you like it or done. Who gives a shit why? Why bother to understand what you think? Why be able to communicate it to others in terms more meaningful than thumbs up/down? Why try to get anything more than the absolute bare minimum out of the experience? I think it's great to spend your money on something and get as little joy from it as possible, so basically I eat crappy food and wolf it down so fast I can't taste it, and I watch crappy movies and just shut my brain off so I can't get anything more than "there was fighting and computery-graphicy stuff huuuhhhhhhh!"

Dude, being entertained is not the bare minimum of joy.

If it's entertaining, I get lots of joy out of it.

I'd rather be entertained and joyful than watch a deep, philosophical and emotional film and get all depressed at the state of the world.

Yeah, being entertained IS the bare minimum. Every film should be able to keep your attention and keep you entertained. In that way, it is part of the bare minimum.

Also, something that provokes thought is not necessarily depressing. Fight Club, for example, was a really fun, stylish film that was just plain fun to watch. But it also had deeper value. And that deeper value may have caused people to think, but it wasn't (at least for anyone I've spoken to who's seen it) depressing at all.

New concept: there are degrees of entertaining. For example, two movies can both be entertaining, yet one can be more entertaining than the other.

[Tycho?] on
    mvaYcgc.jpg
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    [Tycho?] wrote: »
    New concept: there are degrees of entertaining. For example, two movies can both be entertaining, yet one can be more entertaining than the other.
    Also: No movie is exactly as entertaining as the other. There are degrees of entertainment, however slight that prevents a film from being equally entertaining as another. Even if you see the same movie for a second time, it would be a completely different experience since time has passed and your previous experience will influence how you are entertained by it.

Oh man, this joke sucks.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    MoriartyMoriarty __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Drano wrote: »
    i wonder what cocain is like.
    probably awesome

it's pretty much the best

Moriarty on
    will suck dick for shock images and videos
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, until you completely fuck up not only your own life, but the lives of your friends and family.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Guys on a scale of 1 to awesome, what would you rate this movie?

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    mediocre

p.s. yeah but cocaine is so good you don't even care

Moriarty on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I really liked it, but I wouldn't say it's the greatest zombie movie ever made or anything. I'll save that distinction for the inevitable WORLD WAR Z movie (which I'd rather see as a Band of Brothers style miniseries, but I doubt that'll ever happen).

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Well WWZ would be in documentary form right? So I'd assume it won't have enough money to make a huge blockbuster, but would be an HBO miniseries or Sci Fi.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Veretas wrote: »

2?

Honestly, I really hated this movie. For a somewhat more serious and realistic look at the zombie niche, this fails miserably in the realism dept.
    In short, the movie is without point. Why would you set up a plot element, two characters having an immunity to the rage virus, to have it go nowhere? The other characters in the movie all die and risk their lives for this kid on the hopes something will materialize, and nothing does. The military was again handled with stupidity, I can't believe any military in the world COULD BE THAT FUCKING SLOPPY. It just get's more and more annoying for me, like when the military is picking people off everyone is like "OMG WHY ARE THEY SHOOTING AT US?" I honestly do not believe 28 weeks after the world as they know it has collapsed everyone would be so clueless.

What was up with their father somehow dodging every means of extermination to come after the kids? That was fucking retarded.

Hiding in a car from biological weapons with a t shirt over your face yelling "shut the vents!" will not fucking save you.

Can a car outrun an apache on a straight away?

And we are left with nothing, the movie ends with no resolution.

Don't get me wrong though, the first 20 minutes were great.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Shoggoth wrote: »

2?

Honestly, I really hated this movie. For a somewhat more serious and realistic look at the zombie niche, this fails miserably in the realism dept.
    In short, the movie is without point. Why would you set up a plot element, two characters having an immunity to the rage virus, to have it go nowhere? The other characters in the movie all die and risk their lives for this kid on the hopes something would materialize, and nothing does. The military was again handled with stupidity, I honestly do not believe any military in the world COULD BE THAT FUCKING SLOPPY. It just get's more and more annoying for me, like when the military is picking people off everyone is like "OMG WHY ARE THEY SHOOTING AT US?" I honestly do not believe 28 weeks after the world as they know it has collapsed everyone would be so clueless.

What was up with their father somehow dodging every means of extermination to come after the kids? That was fucking retarded.

Hiding in a car from biological weapons with a t shirt over your face yelling "shut the vents!" will not fucking save you.

well if it isn't Mister Wrong

Raneados on
  • Options
    TrexyTrexy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    It was a generic action movie.
    There were zombies in it and it was pretty to look at.
    Stop complaining.

Trexy on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Raneados wrote: »
    Shoggoth wrote: »

2?

In short, the movie is without point. Why would you set up a plot element, two characters having an immunity to the rage virus, to have it go nowhere? The other characters in the movie all die and risk their lives for this kid on the hopes something would materialize, and nothing does. The military was again handled with stupidity, I honestly do not believe any military in the world COULD BE THAT FUCKING SLOPPY. It just get's more and more annoying for me, like when the military is picking people off everyone is like "OMG WHY ARE THEY SHOOTING AT US?" I honestly do not believe 28 weeks after the world as they know it has collapsed everyone would be so clueless.

well if it isn't Mister Wrong

Well if it isn't Mister I fail to elaborate.
    Trexy wrote: »
    Stop complaining.

So being a generic action movie is good enough these days? Isn't that a complaint in itself? It's a generic action movie?

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    the only good part of that movie is how the series is now two for two in the thumbs-in-eyes department

Moriarty on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Mister

Wrong

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Stop complaining.

yeah except the first one was a really smart, well-executed thriller

and an overall really, really good movie

this one was sub-par, even as far as "generic action movies" go

so i think we have a good reason to complain, seeing as it had none of the qualities that made its predecessor great

Moriarty on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I'm not content to go see a generic action movie anymore and not complain.

I'm not going to cut a movie any slack in the bitching dept just because it was essentially made to be generic.

or

"made to suck"

More accurately.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    TrexyTrexy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Abloo bloo bloo
    If you saw the preview, you should have known it was just going to be an action movie with zombies.

Trexy on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Abloo bloo bloo
    If you saw the preview, you should have known it was just going to be an action movie with zombies.

So there's some fucking rule now where if you see the preview for a movie it's immune to closer scrutiny and exempt from criticism?

I mean, I did see the preview. It looked good, after I saw it I decided it was a bad movie and I didn't like it.

Isn't this like, how people have been seeing movies for a long time now?

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg