As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Go post in the new STEAM thread

• Options
    Crazed LlamaCrazed Llama Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    anyone know how the PC version of KOTR is? worthwhile upgrade to xbox version?

Crazed Llama on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    DourinDourin Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Also, can a PS3 controller be used for a PC gamepad, or does it require something special to do it?

Dourin on
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Man, I thought the earlier leaked list had a Recettear 8-pack listed? Did that never materialize?

I shouldn't complain, though. Between Metro, AvP, and Monkey Island, I got enough to buy today already.

rndmhero on
  • Options
    TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    If anyone is doing a world of goo pack or lead and gold and doesn't mind taking another game as payment (no paypal) count me in!

TPSou on
  • Options
    bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Haikira wrote: »
    Cherrn wrote: »
    Also, anyone considering buying AvP or the AvP pack, just don't. Really. Even if you give it away for free, you are hurting that person.

I wish I could give the copy in my account away for free. mostly to just remove it from my list though. It's like a stain.

Well I was interested before... why should I not bother?

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    rndmhero wrote: »
    Man, I thought the earlier leaked list had a Recettear 8-pack listed? Did that never materialize?

I shouldn't complain, though. Between Metro, AvP, and Monkey Island, I got enough to buy today already.

I think someone on here said that the developer debunked that "leak," but said that it would be on sale in some capacity during Christmas.

Dourin on
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Yeah, one of the guys on the localization team for Recettear said that the Recettear 8-pack leak was false. Posted about it a couple days ago, but I guess most people missed it (not surprising considering how fast the thread moves)

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dourin wrote: »
    Also, can a PS3 controller be used for a PC gamepad, or does it require something special to do it?

It's possible but it takes extra software and some tweaking. I can link you to what I use later when I get home.

adytum on
  • Options
    JDcapoJDcapo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'd be interested in a Trine pack too, or KotOR.

JDcapo on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

I think someone on here said that the developer debunked that "leak," but said that it would be on sale in some capacity during Christmas.

Well, nuts. Not like I don't have enough to tide me over 'til then, I suppose.

rndmhero on
  • Options
    IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Also, glad I didn't dump the $10 into Plain Sight yesterday, as now it's in the indie pack and I can get it for half of that and still get 4 other games too. :D

Plain Sight is awesome fun, and a steal for $5. If anyone picks it up in the indie air pack today, feel free to add me on Steam and maybe we can get some multiplayer going. :D

Is there a PA Plain Sight Steam group yet?

IdolNinja on
  • Options
    CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    anyone know how the PC version of KOTR is? worthwhile upgrade to xbox version?

It looks pretty good, but you can't native widescreen it without changing the EXE which steam doesn't like. I run it in windowed mode and do just fine though. Seems pretty stable too, other than some odd slowdowns I haven't had the game crash or anything yet. Honestly for $2.50 it's worth the purchase.

CheesecakeRecipe on
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    ok Dourin, I'll gift you a copy of Dirt 2 later tonight when I get one for myself as well :)

unless you are home now, I guess I can do it now from work

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    adytum wrote: »

It's possible but it takes extra software and some tweaking. I can link you to what I use later when I get home.

Instructions
    http://www.hardcoreware.net/how-to-playstation-3-controller-64-bit-windows-7-vista/

Driver
    http://www.motioninjoy.com/download/

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    ok Dourin, I'll gift you a copy of Dirt 2 later tonight when I get one for myself as well :)

Totally up to you. I am home sick from work, but don't necessarily need the game this second. :P

Dourin on
  • Options
    JDcapoJDcapo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Well I've already got dogfighter and plain sight. Is it still worth it to get the air pack?

JDcapo on
  • Options
    adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    CarbonFire wrote: »

Instructions
    http://www.hardcoreware.net/how-to-playstation-3-controller-64-bit-windows-7-vista/

Driver

That's what I use and it works fairly well, so no need to wait until I get home, Dourin. :)

GG Carbon.

adytum on
  • Options
    JinkaJinka Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think I can get away with just getting KotOR today. Still thinking about getting a Trine or World of Goo pack for random giftings...I'll decide by tonight I guess.

Jinka on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Man, Dirt2 looks pretty awesome. Hopefully it'll be on sale again around Christmas.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Bollocks! I think work is blocking Steam purchasing or something. Paypal and neither of my credit cards are working, so no Indie Air Pack for me right now. Gotta try again when I get home.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    CarbonFire wrote: »

Instructions

Driver

That's what I use and it works fairly well, so no need to wait until I get home, Dourin. :)

GG Carbon.

Sweet! Thanks, Carbon. I'll try to get this set up today.

Dourin on
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    JDcapo wrote: »
    Well I've already got dogfighter and plain sight. Is it still worth it to get the air pack?

Yep. You want Altitude. For five bucks that's half off the regular price. GSB and Flotilla are good games too, but are a little niche.

Drake on
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Oh you people. Stop making me want DiRT 2.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    JinkaJinka Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Maddoc is a wonderful human being and attractive too. Thanks for the gift of Trine <3

Jinka on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    No seriously guys

Anyone want me to dance for their amusement for a copy of Metro 2033?

Because elsewise I'm just gonna buy it myself and then no one is happy!

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I will dance more the Olivaw will. I will dance like a little marionette for free games.

SenorTacos on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Yeah well I'll publicly humiliate myself for the chance at not paying ten dollars!

How about that

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Totally up to you. I am home sick from work, but don't necessarily need the game this second. :P

YOU HAVE BEEN GIFTED

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The best part of DiRT 2 was the McRae tribute video they put in. You unlock it late in the game after winning a tribute rally series.

Spoiler'd for those who'd rather see it in-game.

citizen059 on
  • Options
    SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I will start posting pictures of things that are cooler than Olivaw to win your love. (it's not too hard)

SenorTacos on
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    SenorTacos wrote: »
    I will dance more the Olivaw will. I will dance like a little marionette for free games.

I would kill olivaw. But that wouldn't be very festive. So instead i will just buy metro 2033 for myself.

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    the indie air pack is good, so good in fact, the first person to add me and ask for it can have a lovely free pack! Need to keep the gifting steam going! (see what I did there?)

TPSou on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    citizen059 wrote: »
    The best part of DiRT 2 was the McRae tribute video they put in. You unlock it late in the game after winning a tribute rally series.

I'm really sad they took his name off of the game

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Imperfect wrote: »
    WANT TRINE? HERE'S HOW TO GET IT.

Iolo was awesome enough to gift me a copy of Just Cause 2, so I'm passing along the love with a giftpack of Trine today! I already own it, so I have 8 of these puppies to give away.

What do you have to do? A GOOD DEED.

I'm serious. Go out and do a good deed, right now. Help an old lady cross the street. Refill the coffee, even though you didn't take the last cup. Be nice to someone you're not normally nice to.

Then come back here and tell us about it. (Also, PM me because this thread moves too fast and I easily might miss it.)

We're running on the honour system here, boys and girls.

MAKE ME PROUD.

EDIT: BTW, send me an email address I can gift this to when you PM me. If you've already PM'd me and haven't included an email addres, PM me again, please.

3/8 gone!

5/8 remaining!

Still plenty of Trine remaining! If you've posted in the thread about your good deed but haven't PM'd me, your good deed still counts, but I don't really know about it! PM me and you will get some delicious Trine!

Imperfect on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    And I'll start posting things that are dumber than SenorTacos

It will be very difficult!

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

IIRC it was still sold with his name attached in Europe.

citizen059 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    SenorTacos wrote: »

I would kill olivaw. But that wouldn't be very festive. So instead i will just buy metro 2033 for myself.

You are the cruelest of all

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Maddoc wrote: »
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Anyone got a Trine pack or Lead and Gold pack going? I'm interested in either or both, but I haven't been following the thread so I'm not sure if anyone started getting a pack together yet.

Also, glad I didn't dump the $10 into Plain Sight yesterday, as now it's in the indie pack and I can get it for half of that and still get 4 other games too. :D

Friend me on Steam

Sorry I didnt say thank you on Steam, was running out the door for work (was just on lunch), but THANK YOU!

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • Options
    edited November 2010

IIRC it was still sold with his name attached in Europe.

I wonder if Dirt 3 wil be
    Colin McRae Rally 1 - 4 are some of my fav PC games

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    So does anyone have an AvP pack going?

rndmhero on