Options

Rape [Chat]

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »
    pony is it fun? how's the combat, you mentioned it was good but "for an mmo" right? my friend's HUGE into DC comics but not really a gamer. will he like it?

the combat is probably the best part of the game. it's very much a beat 'em action game. Champions Online promised to do that but you had to sit the game down and unfuck it for that to happen

this game sets it up like that by default. you just mash buttons and smash dudes and shit. you can be strategic with your powers, and that makes the game a lot easier, but i found i can win a lot of fights by just punching dudes into oblivion

that's the early game, though, presumably at higher levels you have to play a little smarter?

anyway, you can pick up and throw objects, knock guys into the terrain, shit like that. it reminded me very much of the old side scrolling beat em up games (Streets of Rage and the like) except 3D i guess?

the combat is pretty aces, all around

Pony on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    I honestly think I'll end up just skipping over HD formats that come on a physical disk. DVRs are already pretty de riguer and I doubt I'll have any need for them by the time I end up buying an HDTV.

I've given up on physical formats completely.

I did make one exception when I bought a CD two years ago.

I still buy CDs because I haven't found a download service that keeps track of what I've bought and allows unlimited re-downloading. If I'm going to have to back my music up anyway I might as well just buy it in a convenient archival format. Especially because most of the time it's cheaper.

japan on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    h2hfS.jpg

oh nooooooooo

Pony on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    I honestly think I'll end up just skipping over HD formats that come on a physical disk. DVRs are already pretty de riguer and I doubt I'll have any need for them by the time I end up buying an HDTV.

I've given up on physical formats completely.

I did make one exception when I bought a CD two years ago.

I'd think about that, if broadband in the UK or NZ made that practical.

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    Man, "Streets of Rage but 3D" is kind of making me excited. It seems like non-shitty combat is the next big step for MMOs - I really like STO's space combat, for instance, and a hero game with fun fighting controls is an excellent idea.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    hot like the dickens

It's 2 degrees outside here.

It's going to get down to -19 tonight.

I was thinking about going out to see some bands tonight with friends but driving home at 2am when it's -20 out?

Fffffffuck that.

I forsee a night of WoW and a warm blanket.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    there's only three travel powers in DCUO currently

Flight, Acrobatics (my favorite) and Superspeed

Flight is what you'd expect. I haven't tried Superspeed, but apparently it's actually pretty god damn fast and unlike Champions or CoH, vertical impediments don't get in your way because you can run up walls

Acrobatics is totally fucking awesome. It increases your running speed and jumping height, lets you climb any surface (including ceilings) and you can hold the jump button to glide, slowing your falling speed so you can Parkour around the giant fucking buildings of Gotham

Pony on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    trolling gun forums is one of the best things

How do you troll such people?

one of my favorites is talking about great experiences you had with law enforcement or local government

"hey so i went to the local blah blah blah and a deputy asked me to cover up and i did and he was really friendly, good interaction! :D"

they're all WHY

WHY DID YOU LET THEM TRAMPLE ON YOUR RIGHTS

FUKKIN SHEEPLE

Ahh.

Have you tried the "I was in X country for a hunting trip and you know what? Restrictive rules on gun ownership works for some people" approach? Or is that too obvious

well it's ineffective if you look like you're presenting a legit argument

i find the most fun way to do it is to present your argument such as they get the sense that you're arguing on their side, but doing it badly

on the biggest forum for gun owners in my state, there are some pretty strong constants amongst all the veteran posters:

-a license to carry firearms should be referred to as such, and not as a 'permit'

-a magazine is a magazine, a clip is a clip

-rounds are not bullets

-you're not legally obligated to inform a police officer that you're carrying a firearm, unless he asks

-basic stuff about not consenting to unwarranted searches, seizures etc

-open carry is legal, don't let a cop bully you into abdicating your rights, you know the law, he doesn't, if necessary escalate to a police chief

so a good first post could be

hey everyone my name is organichu :)

i got my permit yesterday and i'm really excited! went to the store and bought a ruger with 200 bullets, i carry a few of the clips with me but i leave the chamber empty for safety lol

a cop stopped me this morning! i almost crapped my pants. i immediately told him i was carrying and he looked in my window and saw my pistol on my hip

he threw me on the ground and searched my car, and confiscated my clips but gave me back my gun

thank god he at least gave me back my gun... he told me to cover up my handgun so i wouldn't scare people

i understood where he was coming from so i covered up and i'm happy we have good cops in my township!

well

nice to meet you all again

it will inspire so much rage

Organichu on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Isn't there like real debate about Catholicism on stormfront. Like you have schisms down whether that's acceptable or not, with the more liberal elements okay with it or vice versa.

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    It's turned unexpectedly mild here. Just below freezing overnight and 4-5 degrees during the day.

Back home my sister was complaining about the temperature veering from -10 to +10 degrees apparently at random.

japan on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Last line of one student's final report.
    In closing, these projects have proven to cost many sheets of paper and much toner, all non-refundable by the university.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    what grade are you going to give him, richy?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    someone should tell John McCain that not even racists hate gay people anymore

I really, really liked John McCain in 2000.

... why couldn't he have been a Democrat? He'd be an awesome Democrat.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    What are you talking about? He'd be as bad a democrat as he is a republican. His problems don't stem from his party affiliation.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    "Beta Registration Closed
    Thank you for your interest in DC Universe Online, the beta registration is now closed."

:l

desc on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That sounds like a lot of fun Pony. Shame the power sets are limited atm. Though the fighting styles sound cool. Also wish there were more villains/heroes you could mentor with.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Canadians complaining about spending money on school make me chuckle.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Richy wrote: »
    Last line of one student's final report.
    In closing, these projects have proven to cost many sheets of paper and much toner, all non-refundable by the university.

A+

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    desc wrote: »
    "Beta Registration Closed
    Thank you for your interest in DC Universe Online, the beta registration is now closed."

:l

i'm... i'm sorry.

honestly though it's not that great a game

it's basically got the gameplay that Champions Online promised it would have, but it actually less options in the way of character customization and stuff

although apparently most of the costume options you unlock via getting gear?

i am unsure if i agree with that design decision

Pony on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    hmm.

I would probably play it and then get bored quickly, much like CO.

On the other hand, the principle of the thing: there are only so many superhero games out there.

Oh well!

Any amount of time spent on an MMO would be better spent on the DC play by post game I wanna do with BASH! rules anyhow.

desc on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    It's turned unexpectedly mild here. Just below freezing overnight and 4-5 degrees during the day.

Back home my sister was complaining about the temperature veering from -10 to +10 degrees apparently at random.

Yeah it was like 25 here yesterday but the temp has been dropping steadily since then.

Hooray for a 45 degree change in 36 hours I guess >_<

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Chrimbo avatar.

And my title makes sense again.

japan on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Yeah it was like 25 here yesterday but the temp has been dropping steadily since then.

My sister works at a stables in the middle of nowhere, so her objections were more to do with going from "inaccessible because of a metre of snow" to "inaccessible due to flooding" to "oh noez snow" again in the space of two days.

japan on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Man, I hear that. It was in the mid 50s F a few days ago and now it's 66 F.

This crazy winter weather!
    8-)

desc on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Was mid 50's yesterday to snow last night to high 30's today. Colorado, you weather so crazy.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I need snow

it snowed for 10 minutes yesterday and now it's not even in the forecasts

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    And I am done marking for this course!

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    hot like the dickens

It's 2 degrees outside here.

It's going to get down to -19 tonight.

I was thinking about going out to see some bands tonight with friends but driving home at 2am when it's -20 out?

Fffffffuck that.

I forsee a night of WoW and a warm blanket.

I was quoting nerd's video

it's 72* F here today

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Apparently my voice sounds 'sad' according to random G&T dude while we were playing League of Legends

but! I didn't have to go to family Christmas thing with my dad, and instead i'm going to go to ufc and get drunk and have GOOD TIMES

so

hatas gonna hate

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    was it Dysleksia, cass?

I hate that guy

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Mark Wahlberg used to take one of my friends to elementary school

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    was it Dysleksia, cass?

I hate that guy

No, and Dysleksia is extremely persuasive. He comes into a channel and says he wants to play with me and by golly I am going to play with him because oh god.

• Options
    edited December 2010
    tonight me and Cass will drink beer and shout profanity as two dudes beat the shit out of each other for our amusement

she should talk about this in Feminism Club

Pony on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    what no

he ain't persuasive

he's a weirdo

anyway, I'm glad things are working out for you

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    tonight me and Cass will drink beer and shout profanity as two dudes beat the shit out of each other for our amusement

I'm reclaiming this shit.

"So guys (trigger warning) today I ogled Jake Shield's fine ass and toned thighs. That's right, I turned a man into a sex object. Because it's ok when I do it."

Then we'll all cheer and I'll be carried away afloat a sea of hairy armpits.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Apparently my voice sounds 'sad' according to random G&T dude while we were playing League of Legends

but! I didn't have to go to family Christmas thing with my dad, and instead i'm going to go to ufc and get drunk and have GOOD TIMES

so

hatas gonna hate

I am going to my wife's work party tonight BUT

I have a secret hope that we will leave early, go to the hotel bar

and they will somehow be showing UFC

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    cass that is NOT OKAY

objectivism hurts :(

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    "reclaiming" is a feminism codeword for "behave hypocritically"

Pony on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Pony wrote: »

I'm reclaiming this shit.

"So guys (trigger warning) today I ogled Jake Shield's fine ass and toned thighs. That's right, I turned a man into a sex object. Because it's ok when I do it."

Then we'll all cheer and I'll be carried away afloat a sea of hairy armpits.

"trigger warning"?

japan on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    what no

he ain't persuasive

he's a weirdo

anyway, I'm glad things are working out for you

Things are not working out fantastic, if things don't get better I will need to consider spending Christmas in the hospital, but going out with Pony and Choco and having a good time will be a start.

This discussion has been closed.