Options

Advantages That Can Be Disadvantagious

• Options
    DraperDraper __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    Maybe for an international flight but most domestic flights I can get business class for only $100-250 more. For flights over 2 hours I like it. On AirTran I just upgrade at check-in for $49 each way.

Over 2 hours economy is fine unless you're a pussy, one movie and you're done. Now I can completely understand wanting business or first class in 10+ hour international flights, but it's thousands more for that.

Draper on
    lifefinal3.jpg
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    This is an example of how I can fuck up in social situations.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm 6'3", and here when I finish losing all this weight, I'm going to begin gender reassignment.

All the girls say that tall girls are hot, but I am not yet convinced.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'm 6'3", and here when I finish losing all this weight, I'm going to begin gender reassignment.

Really? Why?

Draper on
    lifefinal3.jpg
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2011
    Draper wrote: »

Really? Why?

That doesn't strike you as a stupid question?

A duck! on
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Not exactly a huge list of reasons for that Draper.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Draper is just so continually clueless

I mean dang, guy, you don't know diddly even about anything do ya

Raneados on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i am so smart I am like Data

someone teach me to be human

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Gender Reassignment honestly sound like it'd be pretty brutal on your emotions and health with all the hormones.

Then again so does being transgendered in the first place.

I know there are people here like that and I hope they all are happy and healthy.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    It's such a serious thing and no one I know can honestly say they could ever be comfortable around a transgender person that I want to know why someone would go through with it. The amount of answers are pretty limited but still.

Draper on
    lifefinal3.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    why would they not be comfortable

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It's such a serious thing and no one I know can honestly say they could ever be comfortable around a transgender person that I want to know why someone would go through with it. The amount of answers are pretty limited but still.

you know shitty people

why can't you be comfortable

the person doesn't change, all that changes is that they get to be who they feel they are

are you homophobic, as well?

how about black people? are they okay to be around? they're different, you know!

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    i heard black people were like this

and I'm a white dude so I'm like this

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Koshian wrote: »
    It's such a serious thing and no one I knows can honestly say they could ever be comfortable around a transgender person that I want to know why someone would go through with it. The amount of answers are pretty limited but still.

why would they be uncomfortable around transpeople unless they're poopoobuttfaces

also I can 100% guarantee you and all those people have met/interacted with a transperson without even knowing it

An excellent point Koshian. I think that is a safe guarantee to make.

Sassori on
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Disadvantage that is actually advantageous:

I have ridiculously bad eyesight. Like, absurdly bad. However, this means I get to wear rad glasses that, I feel, improve the way I look. I get complimented on my glasses frames on a weekly basis, by total strangers!

(I don't actually have any advantages :( )

Sheri on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I mean you can't entirely control what makes you comfortable or uncomfortable. They probably feel that way from a position of ignorance.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    also I can 100% guarantee you and all those people have met/interacted with a transperson without even knowing it

This is strange, how often are people transgendered?

Honest question, I really don't think I'd be uncomfortable myself. I gather that some of them aren't very open about it. That makes sense I guess a lot of people are buttfaces.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Weaver wrote: »
    I'm immortal

Dusk, at the park.

Be there.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    how they were raised etc

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    The topic came up once and a few of my friends all said they think it's weird and it would be weird to have one as a friend. Doesn't mean they couldn't one day be cool with it, they would just be weirded out at first. I would be too probably.

And I've seen videos of some transgender people who look and sound like guys in drag, so that's a little weird too.

Draper on
    lifefinal3.jpg
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sheri wrote: »

nice ass

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Stale wrote: »

nice ass

There are no associated disadvantages

Sheri on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    * In 1994, the American Psychiatric Association reported that "data from small countries in Europe with access to total population statistics and referrals suggest that roughly 1 per 30,000 adult males and 1 per 100,000 adult females seek sex reassignment surgeries."

* In 1986, researchers in the Netherlands, which offers transgender-related health benefits in its universal healthcare plan, calculated the prevalence of male-to-female transsexualism at 1 in 18,000 and female-to-male at 1 in 54,000. A follow-up study from 1996 cited prevalence at 1 in 11,900 males and 1 in 30,400 females.

* In 2002, Lynn Conway, a professor at the University of Michigan, estimated male-to-female transsexualism in the United States to be in the range of 1 in 500 to 1 in 2,500.

Found from the Human Rights Campaign. And these are pretty old statistics for the most part. So I would think that Koshian's math is safe.

Sassori on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'm gonna need glasses soon

I'm still way good enough to drive but i want me some perfect vision

Raneados on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The topic came up once and a few of my friends all said they think it's weird and it would be weird to have one as a friend. Doesn't mean they couldn't one day be cool with it, they would just be weirded out at first. I would be too probably.

And I've seen videos of some transgender people who look and sound like guys in drag, so that's a little weird too.
    Your friends are gay

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

nice ass

There are no associated disadvantages

You will never be a bad ass.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    its a pretty bad idea to base statistics on those who seek the surgery, just fyi

also: the HRC is awful in regards to transpeople, especially when you see their opinions on the american ENDA

Oh really? I wasn't aware of that. That's disappointing to hear.

Sassori on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Advantage both of my heels have spurs wicked enough to kill a man with.

Disadvantage standing and walking hurts.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    That is higher than I though Kosh, I'm surprised.

And Draper that last part sounds pretty judgmental, if they are happy with how they look and how thy feel why would it matter? What if they were the coolest person in the world to hang out with would you let it get to you still? That's kinda mean.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The topic came up once and a few of my friends all said they think it's weird and it would be weird to have one as a friend. Doesn't mean they couldn't one day be cool with it, just would be at first. I would be too.

And that's not really a bad reaction, regardless of what anyone tells you. A bad reaction would be to see it, be freaked out about it and refuse to change your position. You think it's creepy and awful and unnatural and that's just the way it is because you say so.

Taking a position that it makes you feel a bit weird, but you're open to the idea means you'll think about it, talk about it and perhaps get some knowledge on the subject! Then it's suddenly not weird anymore! You can't help how you feel, but you can realize it's not good to feel that way and take steps to change that.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    sometimes i work too hard, you know?

alright so did i get the job

satansfingers on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    The topic came up once and a few of my friends all said they think it's weird and it would be weird to have one as a friend. Doesn't mean they couldn't one day be cool with it, just would be at first. I would be too.

And that's not really a bad reaction, regardless of what anyone tells you. A bad reaction would be to see it, be freaked out about it and refuse to change your position. You think it's creepy and awful and unnatural and that's just the way it is because you say so.

Taking a position that it makes you feel a bit weird, but you're open to the idea means you'll think about it, talk about it and perhaps get some knowledge on the subject! Then it's suddenly not weird anymore! You can't help how you feel, but you can realize it's not good to feel that way and take steps to change that.
    I can understand this myself, but a lot of people can just as suddenly go from feeling it's kinda weird to the first thing.

It must make things awful hard for them.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    yeah transgender is a difficult topic and can be a bit hard to grasp in the abstract (ie a bunch of straight dudes hanging around and talking about it), until you actually spend significant time with a transperson and it's all like wow it all makes sense, it'd kind of be uncomfortable any other way

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    that is the fucking understatement of the century

Sorry kosh...

I can't imagine.

The world sucks sometimes.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Weaver wrote: »
    I'm immortal

Dusk, at the park.

Be there.

No way. You meet me here. It's raining, it will be more dramatic.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Is poutine fries with gravy?

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i dunno.. i'm in new york but i'm not seeing it

satansfingers on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    bsjezz wrote: »
    yeah transgender is a difficult topic and can be a bit hard to grasp in the abstract (ie a bunch of straight dudes hanging around and talking about it), until you actually spend significant time with a transperson and it's all like wow it all makes sense, it'd kind of be uncomfortable any other way

Exactly. I can't say much past the ideas I have because I have yet to actually have a conversation with a trans person yet.

Draper on
    lifefinal3.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    SE++ is PA Forum TransCentral

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    at one point in my life I was freaked out by dudes that I just thought were gay but turned out to be straight

now I live and go to school in LGBT central

Weaver on