As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Army of Two] Lovers

RichardTauberRichardTauber KvltRegistered User regular
edited January 2011 in Games and Technology
So Army of Two: 40th day is fun to play. Especially in co-op with your significant, or not so significant, other. Especially liking the rock paper scissors. Are there other great splitscreen co-op games for the ps3 that does not inspire Hamlet-ish murders?

You can also talk about the first game if you have to. Word is that it's worse than the second one. Or you just be jealous that my mrs. refers to the game as Army of Richard. Hell. Yeah.

492918003_BCVKH-L-2.jpg

RichardTauber on

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    They had these games on sale for cheap the other day from the EA store. Was gonna play co-op with my friend but we had a bad experience with the demo way back when.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The first one sucks because you can't play online outside of your region (EU, US).

Which is ridiculously stupid.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Back when it came out, and I got it for 10 bucks, I didn't mind the first one. But I guess the climate changed by the time I got around to the 2nd, cause I HATED it. I don't why, either! Bad checkpoints, jank graphics, retarded implementation of co-op, I don't know. But I couldn't stand it and dropped it back to gamefly the day after playing co-op. 50 cent: blood on the sand was a far better cheesy, goofy co-op gears alike.

Medium Dave on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I thought both were really good co-op games... Have you tried Resident Evil 5?

urahonky on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yeah Resi 5 is fantastic coop, although the splitscreen implementation is kinda weird.

I also loved the singleplayer despite Sheva's pants on head retardedness.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    RichardTauberRichardTauber Kvlt Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    urahonky wrote: »
    I thought both were really good co-op games... Have you tried Resident Evil 5?

Yeah, blew through that in a weekend. Probably the best co-op so far. Gonna try Castle Crashers next

I agree that Army of Two 40th day has some pretty weak checkpoints. But with both styling your weapons AND fistpounding, how could anyone resist it?

RichardTauber on
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The first game I still break out when I want some unapologetic America, FUCK YEAH!

It's like your own 80s action movie.

My favorite bit is parachuting into Taliban central and going "BACK TO BACK" against waves of suicide bombers.

It's like Captain America punching Nazis in the face.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    If you're going for Castle Crashers style co-op, don't miss Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion