Options

Sticks carrying dogs thread (also cat [chat])

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Organichu wrote: »
    how was pax

i went to the riot booth 5-6 times over the weekend but they were fresh out. i finally scored you a riot singed skin on sunday afternoon.

that is a lot of dedication! what a great friend!

did you have to wait in line? also did you explain to them that Shen is op?

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    how was pax

it was hells of fun

you shoulda come

I'm sad I missed it. did you learn all about the newest pikachus and get a sneak peek of the naruto movie

i got to play a little of the darkness II and tool around with the 3d gameboy

also hung out with bros a lot

it was p cool

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    bone daddybone daddy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    are you going back for another degree?

It turns out that that costs money, and the odds of me getting a raise in exchange for having fancier credentials are laughable at best, because I guess we'll all be lucky if Rick Scott doesn't murder us all in our sleep after he's done raping the state's orphans and bludgeoning the state's indigent elderly. I'm just extorting audit privileges from professors who don't know any better.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2011
    Tonight's excursion in little plastic mans:

200437_10150435275020597_778075596_17561905_651861_n.jpg

Echo on
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Leitner wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »
    Why are you going to eat her?

Or by "meat" did you mean "penis"? If you did then hell yeah I'm awesome. If you didn't then I'm sorry, lately I've been double reading everything.

End of my college career and THAT just kicks in. WHERE WERE WAS IT WHEN I NEEDED IT THE MOST?!

(I was continuing Eddys good natured ribbing of elements of [chat])

I enjoyed my double reading while it lasted...

Mim on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    how was pax

i went to the riot booth 5-6 times over the weekend but they were fresh out. i finally scored you a riot singed skin on sunday afternoon.

yes i am fantastic

i didn't so much have to wait in 'line' for a skin as like, battle around the mass of nerds to even find a worker to ask

they were debuting the new champion so the LoL 'cage' was packed most of the weekend

i am glad i stuck it out though

Organichu on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited March 2011
    bone daddy wrote: »
    are you going back for another degree?

It turns out that that costs money, and the odds of me getting a raise in exchange for having fancier credentials are laughable at best, because I guess we'll all be lucky if Rick Scott doesn't murder us all in our sleep after he's done raping the state's orphans and bludgeoning the state's indigent elderly. I'm just extorting audit privileges from professors who don't know any better.

they have professors in florida?

are they called "perfesser"?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    how was pax

it was hells of fun

you shoulda come

I'm sad I missed it. did you learn all about the newest pikachus and get a sneak peek of the naruto movie

i got to play a little of the darkness II and tool around with the 3d gameboy

also hung out with bros a lot

it was p cool

everyone should organize a trip out to San Diego for no particular reason

:(

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    echo your man is riding dirty

How are you going to paint him?

desc on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    how was pax

I said this to phreak and morello

I was told I was not allowed to make eye contact with them

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    how was pax

yes i am fantastic

i didn't so much have to wait in 'line' for a skin as like, battle around the mass of nerds to even find a worker to ask

they were debuting the new champion so the LoL 'cage' was packed most of the weekend

you're glad you stuck it out because they agreed to nerf Shen ?

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ludious wrote: »

this had me almost in tears

The moment the second dog comes into frame I couldn't not smile. By the end of the vid my cheeks were sore. When the dog bares it's teeth for the first time it lines up perfectly with the lyrics in the song, so good.

I just hope that dog isn't a rescue and was abused hence it's behaviour, and is indeed just a dog that is guilty of the charge of kitty snack theft in the 1st degree.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    are they called "perfesser"?

Ah.

Hah.

<.<

>.>

Yes.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Tanky DPS is the worst metagame.

It was worse than Team AOE.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    i have seen dogs that guilty before

dogs understand guilt

and shame

Pony on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    how was pax

they promised me that they would nerf vlad because he is OP

they saw the truth of my words

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    how was pax

yes i am fantastic

i'm glad because

you deserve any skins you might want

you deserve the world

Organichu on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2011
    Dogs have a sense of shame.

Cats have a sense of "...and I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling humans!"

Echo on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    how was pax

they promised me that they would nerf vlad because he is OP

they saw the truth of my words

hmm I wonder if that means you can write your trip off

as it now counts as a volunteer mission, with you working for the betterment of humanity

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    how was pax

yes i am fantastic

i'm glad because

you deserve any skins you might want

you deserve the world

yessss paypal me the money for alien heimer you dashing fool

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Echo wrote: »

Cats have a sense of "...and I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling humans!"

Unicorns are majestic.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Appropriately, the last day of work/school I have before spring break is also going to be the longest :(

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Masticores are worse.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hoooly shit my forearm hurts, and it's only going downhill from here for the next little while.

Totally worth it.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I don't want to treehouse or whatever but this is exactly what rubs me the wrong way about G&T:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=138966

The first four or five posts are lambasting a game before it's out based on an image, a live action trailer, and a basic description of the game will probably entail.

"Oh no, the main character has changed, I'm fucking ANGRY!!!!!!!!"

What the hell, guys? How about waiting to see something tangible first. Fuck almighty.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

This is not universally true. My cats have a sort of free-floating shame cloud, hovering over them at all times. The dog? The dog breaks out of her crate while I'm gone, shits all over the house, saves over the last DDR game, eats ten power cords, and then waits, gloating, by the door until I come home. It's all "How did you even...? Fuck it, I don't want to know." from hell to breakfast. And it turns out that interspecies shame transplants don't work "reliably," and my vet has no interest in pioneering that particular aspect of animal medicine.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
  • Options
    edited March 2011

This is not universally true. My cats have a sort of free-floating shame cloud, hovering over them at all times. The dog? The dog breaks out of her crate while I'm gone, shits all over the house, saves over the last DDR game, eats ten power cords, and then waits, gloating, by the door until I come home. It's all "How did you even...? Fuck it, I don't want to know." from hell to breakfast. And it turns out that interspecies shame transplants don't work "reliably," and my vet has no interest in pioneering that particular aspect of animal medicine.

No, actually your cat is a wizard that is maintaining a glamour enchantment over your home so that when you step through, you think your dog is the one to blame but it's actually your cat. It's a slick bit of magic, but a complicated spell for a house cat. He must be brilliant.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Drez wrote: »
    I don't want to treehouse or whatever but this is exactly what rubs me the wrong way about G&T:

The first four or five posts are lambasting a game before it's out based on an image, a live action trailer, and a basic description of the game will probably entail.

What the hell, guys? How about waiting to see something tangible first. Fuck almighty.

Counter Argument:

Metal Gear Solid 2.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Holy shit Bone Daddy. What's up duder.

Also holy shit it hurts to type a little. Not enough to stop me but it's a constant twinge.

• Options
    edited March 2011

shoulda gotten a jewish dog

a sephartic terrier or something

you're killing your mother!

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dogs are the best.

Because they feel bad if they've done something bad.

If my dog bit me, even if it was by accident because I riled him up a ton when we were playing he would be ashamed and go hide. I forgave him instantly, but he'd still feel bad.

If he peed, or vomited in the house (which we later learned was partly because he was getting very very ill) he'd feel deeply ashamed, despite it not being his fault that he'd accidentally eaten something a bit dodgy or was ill.

We forgave him immediately, just cleaned up and tried to comfort him. But he'd always feel bad.

Now I miss him and wish I had hugged him to the extreme every time he felt bad or lonely about anything.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    For the bitches say I shot some shit out of my dick and now she sick, sheeeee betta

Lay Low

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Also holy shit it hurts to type a little. Not enough to stop me but it's a constant twinge.

Now we know there is a level past the table flip though.

Piss cass off enough and she will punch you in the throat.

Galahad on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    No, actually your cat is a wizard that is maintaining a glamour enchantment over your home so that when you step through, you think your dog is the one to blame but it's actually your cat. It's a slick bit of magic, but a complicated spell for a house cat. He must be brilliant.

Are you putting forth the hypothesis that my cats have sort of Wonder-Twinsed their powers together in order to be able to shit dog-shit all over my house in order to frame the hound? Because I think it would be easier at that point to ritually murder the dog and make it look like she ran away because she's a whore who wants to get with all the dude-dogs and maybe afflict the household with some puppies when she finally gets back from her sex-vacation.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Galahad wrote: »

I apologized for like ten minutes, and then sporadically throughout the day.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Tonight's excursion in little plastic mans:

200437_10150435275020597_778075596_17561905_651861_n.jpg

oooh :^:

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Counter Argument:

Metal Gear Solid 2.

That's not a counter argument. It's a title drop of one game that runs the full gamut of critical and user review and even if MGS2 were universally panned still doesn't serve as an example that excuses prejudgment in this particular case. In fact, even if there had been ten or twenty or even one hundred examples like MGS2, all universally panned, it still wouldn't be a valid pattern to justify prejudgment. Because prejudgment is universally wrong.

Drez on
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Galahad wrote: »

I apologized for like ten minutes, and then sporadically throughout the day.

Nnnnnnoooooooo destroying mental impression of badassitude and name kicking!

Galahad on
This discussion has been closed.