As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Remember [Planetside]? It's free for 45 days if you've ever subscribed to it!

CripTonicCripTonic Registered User regular
edited May 2011 in MMO Extravaganza
Set your nostalgia glasses to intense and proceed with caution...

Simply log in over at the SOE site to change your password, grab the Launcher and go fuck the shit out of Vanu.

Seriously. Do it now.

0liDg.png
CripTonic on

• Options
    Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Urgh. I played for free when they did this a while back, and it really hasn't aged well. Nostalgia glasses do not withstand first contact with the horrible graphics and horribler netcode. Plus my character is on the Euro server which as far as I know is a ghost town now.

Mr Ray on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    oh man, I wonder if I can remember my login or still access whatever email I used to play this

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Mnemon-CorbantisMnemon-Corbantis Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    honestly i'm surprised this game is still live.

Mnemon-Corbantis on
    logo.png
    Empire - Veela Server
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    oh man, I wonder if I can remember my login or still access whatever email I used to play this

answer: nope. nuts.

woulda been fun to try and run dudes over with my invisible atv again, but oh well

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    AyulinAyulin Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Just hopped on and played for a few hours (VS here) - nice to see that there're actually still pretty big fights going on, though I suppose merging everything into one global server would do that.

Managed to suck even more than I used to, though: only got three kills over something like two or three hours. Did repair/heal a few people, though, so there's that :P

(Also, the CR5 guys who were on changed primary from Cyssor (lolCyssorside) to some cavern to Ishundar to Ceryshen within a pretty short period of time. Fun.)

Ayulin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chasehatesbearschasehatesbears Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Been playing around on VS a little bit as an engineer, only BR6 right now.

There's a decent amount of action going on and it's still pretty fun, but the netcode really is awful.

chasehatesbears on