achewood [chat]

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    emnmnme wrote: »
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    Any animu peoples on?

Ever heard of an anime called Baccano? It looks good, is it? Y/N

People will tell you it's a great anime. I found it to be above average. It's 14 episodes or so long and is about a train heist gone wrong when it's discovered half the passengers on the train are immortal.

emnmnme's final judgment: Worth watching through once.

:^:

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    dammit carrot I need a sleeping buddy

go sleep with mori

in fairness I made that joke because I'm not really sure what you mean

besides, we all know that when Bob arrives, that's the signal we've been up too late

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I try to go to bed between 11 pm to midnight. Usually around 11:30. I wake up at 8:30 to 9:00 am. Though I tend to actually wake up at 7:30 am since my folks are up and about so the noise wakes me up.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Any animu peoples on?

I don't consider myself an anime person but I thought it was pretty good. Very confusing at start but also very rewarding by the end when all the individual stories come together.

Quid on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    someone who falls asleep at the same time as me

which, right now, is like 3-6pm

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Any animu peoples on?

People will tell you it's a great anime. I found it to be above average. It's 14 episodes or so long and is about a train heist gone wrong when it's discovered half the passengers on the train are immortal.

emnmnme's final judgment: Worth watching through once.

:^:

Oh, and the english dub is what I saw and it was pretty well done.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Quid wrote: »
    Any animu peoples on?

I don't consider myself an anime person but I thought it was pretty good. Very confusing at start but also very rewarding by the end when all the individual stories come together.

So it's kinda like the movie Go?

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    also goddamn mazzy your ancient greek title/location is sending me into a tizzy

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It's ridiculous, Americans picking on the head of BP. It's like a furious customer punching a prostitute in the face because he's sickened by his own desire.

japan on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    BP's just trying to pay its way through nursing school!

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Quid wrote: »
    Any animu peoples on?

So it's kinda like the movie Go?

I never saw that. Reminded me a bit of Pulp Fiction. Each episode is basically the POV for one of the characters during the events that transpire. So to start you have very limited information which I think hurts it a little. But as it progresses and the different competing interests are fleshed out with their respective characters it comes together very nicely.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    BP's just trying to pay its way through nursing school!

They've only paid out a third of the promised restitution, right?

emnmnme on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    japan wrote: »
    It's ridiculous, Americans picking on the head of BP. It's like a furious customer punching a prostitute in the face because he's sickened by his own desire.

That comparison is more apt if America were a frequent customer and is beating the prostitute because now he's found out he's got herpes, gonorrhea, syphilis and AIDS all up in his junk.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    A guy on fb has just made this his status
    Life is like a movie, if you've sat through more than half of it and its sucked every second so far, it probably isn't gonna get great right at the end and make it all worthwhile. None should blame you for walking out early.

I don't really know him that well but uh...

Tav on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    if you are going to watch Baccano, you need to watch it dubbed.

Seriously the accents are all great and hearing Japanese in 30s America is just jarring. Go with the English.

Greeper on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I should probably stop making so many jokes about suicide.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Sounds like a cry for help if I ever heard one.

CALL THE COPS!!

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Tav wrote: »
    Life is like a movie, if you've sat through more than half of it and its sucked every second so far, it probably isn't gonna get great right at the end and make it all worthwhile. None should blame you for walking out early.

Yeah, that's a pretty obvious cry for help. If you don't know him well, then you probably can't offer much support, but maybe you can at least call attention to it so that his actual friends and family are less inclined to ignore the statement.

Like, "That's a worrying sentiment. Maybe you should talk to someone about how you're feeling these days."

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Greeper wrote: »

Seriously the accents are all great and hearing Japanese in 30s America is just jarring. Go with the English.

Oh I watch all my anime dubbed. I know that it makes me a terrible person, but meh.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
  • Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I just completed Just Cause 2 and picked up the Platinum Trophy in the process.

Only took me 68 hours. 8-)

Did you play the mission where you had to drive the hooker in a pink limo, and run over the general armed with a rocket launcher?

South host on
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I actually think it's good to make jokes about suicide, since that makes the subject itself seem less troubling and taboo. Consequently, people are less afraid to discuss it, which makes it easier for them to offer and receive help depending on the situation.

My mom was pretty afraid to talk about suicide, and that made talking to her about my own depression quite difficult. The closest she came to acknowledging it was slipping me an article about some guy who survived jumping off a bridge, and then became a suicide counselor. The implicit statement was that suicide is a bad idea, I guess.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

Oh I watch all my anime dubbed. I know that it makes me a terrible person, but meh.

Actually it just means you're a person who has personal preferences towards dubbed anime

Anyone who takes a hardline stance on the side of subs vs. dubs and which one is a greater representation of the wonderful animation of glorious Nippon is a terrible person who needs to be killed before their disease spreads

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I actually think it's good to make jokes about suicide, since that makes the subject itself seem less troubling and taboo. Consequently, people are less afraid to discuss it, which makes it easier for them to offer and receive help depending on the situation.

My mom was pretty afraid to talk about suicide, and that made talking to her about my own depression quite difficult. The closest she came to acknowledging it was slipping me an article about some guy who survived jumping off a bridge, and then became a suicide counselor. The implicit statement was that suicide is a bad idea, I guess.

I don't know I'm constantly being like

'if I have to wait in line I'll blow my head off'
    'if my mom doesn't knock one more time i will shoot myself in the face'

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Tav wrote: »

Yeah, that's a pretty obvious cry for help. If you don't know him well, then you probably can't offer much support, but maybe you can at least call attention to it so that his actual friends and family are less inclined to ignore the statement.

Like, "That's a worrying sentiment. Maybe you should talk to someone about how you're feeling these days."

I just said it to the only friend I know from his hometown, and was promptly told "ah sure, he's always like that. Will be grand"

hmph

Tav on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    All this talk about old fashioned cooking over a pile of burning human excrement is making me hungry.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    tumblr_ljrq94IFEo1qip5s0o1_500.png

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Actually it just means you're a person who has personal preferences towards dubbed anime

Anyone who takes a hardline stance on the side of subs vs. dubs and which one is a greater representation of the wonderful animation of glorious Nippon is a terrible person who needs to be killed before their disease spreads

I think on a couple occasions I've seen the Japanese voice acting so much better I'd recommend it over the dub, but otherwise I'd agree.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, sometimes Japanese voice actors are more expressive or otherwise better fit their roles. I thought that was the case with Paranoia Agent and Samurai Champloo, at least.

And sometimes you just get tired of hearing Spike from Cowboy Bebop all the time.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Who's the dame Robos?

EDIT: Also, every time I think about getting an Apple Superdrive for my Air... I can't help but think of it's name in like a Japanese style accent. "Soopa-driva!"

Teehee

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Good thing I already encircled the forums with fire.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Who's the dame Robos?

I don't know, but her mental health issues ensured that I would experience an immediate attraction to her.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, sometimes Japanese voice actors are more expressive or otherwise better fit their roles. I thought that was the case with Paranoia Agent and Samurai Champloo, at least.

And sometimes you just get tired of hearing Spike from Cowboy Bebop all the time.

STFU that guy is awesome. His voice is so gravelly, it sounds like he drinks a pint of motor oil every morning.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Who's the dame Robos?

I don't know, but her mental health issues ensured that I would experience an immediate attraction to her.

Okay... what's the name of the movie, that way I can look up who the dame is.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Good late afternoon chat.

I have become enamored with the Successful black man meme.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2011
    L.A. Noire SPOILER.
    Did I just switch dudes? Twist!

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    Cowboy Bebop was so good.

Samurai Champloo was also, so good.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    harrumph

was talking to a girl on OKC, who said that she responded to my message before looking at my profile

I asked her what she was doing this summer, and now she's not saying anything anymore

maybe she checked me out and thought "meh"

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Animu chat eh.
    I just got through Hellsing (dubbed). Thought it was pretty good, though not quite living up to what it could have been. Will need to give ultimate a shot.

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Who's the dame Robos?

Okay... what's the name of the movie, that way I can look up who the dame is.

Play It Again, Sam.

It stars Allen and Diane Keaton, so I'm guessing the girl in the picture doesn't have a major role.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Honk wrote: »
    Cowboy Bebop was so good.

Samurai Champloo was also, so good.

The opening themes were the best parts.

emnmnme on
This discussion has been closed.