Options

Sleepy [chat]

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Drez wrote: »
    Yeah, but bulemics actively repress hunger. It wasn't something anyone was talking about here, unless I missed something. Bulemics don't forget to eat - they obsess over it, don't they? They just actively don't eat, despite feeling hungry. At least, that's how I understand it.

That's an even worse problem, yes. But I'm not sure how it relates. Or came up to be honest.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2011
    Mmm, potato salad with apple slices and fried onion.

Echo on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Echo wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Man that sucks. Not having an appetite I'd be looking for like a pill that would give me all my calories and shit.

Hey now, nothing wrong with my appetite. I just don't feel hunger and I can't eat early in the day.

So if someone threw a ribeye steak at your face, you'd salivate, but until someone did that, you wouldn't really feel the need to go seek out a ribeye steak? Basically?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Lipstick seems cool. I'm shit at applying it.

Practice on corpses first.

Making them look pretty for a date, ya wacky necrophiliac?

emnmnme on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Got a webcam yet?

SOMEONE START UP A TINYCHAT.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Inquisitor on
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Oh, I'm totally going to. PotatoNinja is gonna hook me up.

I've heard it's much less formulaic than the original, which is good. Like I said, I enjoyed it quite a bit. It was very atmospheric, I'm just a horror movie junkie, and I'm pretty much inured to most of that stuff by now.

DS2 is really great

Its DS1

except better in almost every way

I guess the plot makes a little less sense (although I thought it was more interesting), and the sense of discovery and confusion the first game had is lessened a bit

its way smarter than DS1 overall, plenty of moments in DS2 show that the developer is really starting to get a handle on their game and the genre overall.

PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I keep forgetting to get a webcam

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    tiny chat got really awkward last time

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    hmm, 50% off dead rising 2. How's that one?

desc on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, but bulemics actively repress hunger. It wasn't something anyone was talking about here, unless I missed something. Bulemics don't forget to eat - they obsess over it, don't they? They just actively don't eat, despite feeling hungry. At least, that's how I understand it.

That's an even worse problem, yes. But I'm not sure how it relates. Or came up to be honest.

You said:
    I'm not saying that. This whole thing started because I was comparing the opposite problem, the one most people face instead.

Bulemia is more prevalent than anorexia. So I assumed that's what you were talking about. If not, I don't know what you meant by "the opposite problem."

Are you talking about my addiction to gummi bears? 'Cause I'll fuck your shit up if you take away my gummi bears.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

I've heard it's much less formulaic than the original, which is good. Like I said, I enjoyed it quite a bit. It was very atmospheric, I'm just a horror movie junkie, and I'm pretty much inured to most of that stuff by now.

DS2 is really great

Its DS1

I guess the plot makes a little less sense (although I thought it was more interesting), and the sense of discovery and confusion the first game had is lessened a bit

its way smarter than DS1 overall, plenty of moments in DS2 show that the developer is really starting to get a handle on their game and the genre overall.

The cartoon movie on Netflix Instant Watch was trash, though. It was an hour of cartoons characters cutting each other in half with chainsaws.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    emnmnme wrote: »

Practice on corpses first.

Making them look pretty for a date, ya wacky necrophiliac?

No...just...you know...

Practice...

Drez on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Man that sucks. Not having an appetite I'd be looking for like a pill that would give me all my calories and shit.

i'd probably hit up smoothie king three times a day

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So if someone threw a ribeye steak at your face, you'd salivate, but until someone did that, you wouldn't really feel the need to go seek out a ribeye steak? Basically?

Pretty much. Unless it's early in the day, because then the thought of food is like trying to eat even more after you're already full.

I do actually eat something breakfasty sometimes, usually some yoghurt with müsli, it's liquid enough to fool the sense of being unable to eat. Drinking isn't a problem.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Pretty much. Unless it's early in the day, because then the thought of food is like trying to eat even more after you're already full.

I do actually eat something breakfasty sometimes, usually some yoghurt with müsli, it's liquid enough to fool the sense of being unable to eat. Drinking isn't a problem.

I could probably eat a steak for breakfast. And lunch. And dinner. And as an after-dinner snack.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

wha happened

Variable on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »

I'd like to travel back in time and give my 8 year old self a modern cell phone. I was proud of my first Gameboy at the time.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

DS2 is really great

Its DS1

Definately. Atmosphere was also top notch. I think with DS2 they really showed they've created a world I want to see more of. I can't wait to see where they take the franchise, I hope the second game sold like the gang busters it deserved.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Wait are you thinking of the time when everyone got shirtless? Because that was great

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Hey now, nothing wrong with my appetite. I just don't feel hunger and I can't eat early in the day.

More or less in my case. I have IBS and anxiety disorders which complicate things, but the "hey I'm hungry I should go eat" thing never really kicks in so I have no idea how much I need food until I'm dizzy or nauseous.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    desc wrote: »
    hmm, 50% off dead rising 2. How's that one?

Did you play the first at all?

Dead Rising 2 is fun. Its also really frustrating, some of the boss fights are really obnoxious and unfair (in a "do stupid shit to win" way, not in a "old school hard" way).

That said

its a game where you can attack dynamite to a lawn dart, throw the lawn dart into the head of a zombie 30 yards out, then get a shitload of points because you killed a big group of zombies in an amazing way

It has an electric wheelchair you can cart zombies around in

I guess how much frustration are you willing to endure for a game that lets you kill zombies in the best possible ways?

PotatoNinja on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

You said:
    I'm not saying that. This whole thing started because I was comparing the opposite problem, the one most people face instead.

Bulemia is more prevalent than anorexia. So I assumed that's what you were talking about. If not, I don't know what you meant by "the opposite problem."

Are you talking about my addiction to gummi bears? 'Cause I'll fuck your shit up if you take away my gummi bears.

he's talking about feeling hungry when you're hungry

the opposite of not feeling hungry when you need to eat

Variable on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Preacher wrote: »

DS2 is really great

Its DS1

Definately. Atmosphere was also top notch. I think with DS2 they really showed they've created a world I want to see more of. I can't wait to see where they take the franchise, I hope the second game sold like the gang busters it deserved.

DS2 is great, but the only problem is the save system. They caved and gave people three save slots, which cheapens the whole experience.

[/experttroll]

Drez on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    Eddy wrote: »

Wait are you thinking of the time when everyone got shirtless? Because that was great

I'm talking about last time, when zombie was, like, (to mori) "I think you're really annoying" and mori replied "well, I don't like you either" and then everyone left.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Preacher wrote: »

DS2 is really great

Its DS1

DS2 outsold DS1 by a fair margin

did well enough that EA wants to continue the series

DS3 is gonna happen no doubt

PotatoNinja on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Variable wrote: »

You said:

he's talking about feeling hungry when you're hungry

the opposite of not feeling hungry when you need to eat

Oh.

Drez on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Speaking of games I own, I really need to actually play alpha protocol. It sounds like it gets better after the initial section, which is where i stalled out.

desc on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    what is this tiny chat thing

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Can't really get into terreria. Not sure why, it just isn't grabbing me.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Wait. For some reason my brain just thought DS2 was Dead Rising 2. Despite us talking about Dead Space for like 20 pages.

What the fuck, brain?

edit: Wait, we're talking about both series.

OH MY GOD THE BLOOD IS POURING OUT OF MY EYES WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON AUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Drez on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I never got around to playing DS2, or MW2, or Assbros.

Man, I should get on this shit.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

You said:

The opposite problem is habitual overeating due to overactive hunger! The one that affects, like, 25% of all Americans. So yes, your gummi bear addiction. How are anorexia or bulimia "the opposite" of under-eating due to lack of hunger response?

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

I'm talking about last time, when zombie was, like, (to mori) "I think you're really annoying" and mori replied "well, I don't like you either" and then everyone left.

of COURSE when i don't show up it gets weird

im like the sticky, bro-ish glue that keeps our [chat] family together

Rent on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    desc wrote: »
    Speaking of games I own, I really need to actually play alpha protocol. It sounds like it gets better after the initial section, which is where i stalled out.

:?:

After the tutorial level, I found it to be pretty consistent throughout the whole game. Actually, things got too easy by the end when I maxed out some of my stats.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

aaaaawkwaaaaard

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »

I'd like to travel back in time and give my 8 year old self a modern cell phone. I was proud of my first Gameboy at the time.

I dunno graphically it looked all right, but the shooting, animations, and enviroment were very poor.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I look forward to the sequel to Skyrim. Black Marsh.

500 hours of bog-slogging gameplay action.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I look forward to the sequel to Skyrim. Black Marsh.

500 hours of bog-slogging gameplay action.

+2 Wading Boots of Too Tight Crotch

Echo on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

You said:

The opposite problem is habitual overeating due to overactive hunger! The one that affects, like, 25% of all Americans. So yes, your gummi bear addiction. How are anorexia or bulimia "the opposite" of under-eating due to lack of hunger response?

MY GODDAMNED BRAIN IS BROKEN TODAY OKAY?

Drez on
This discussion has been closed.