Options

[STEAM] Summer Sale is in full swing. Current Contests now featured in OP (λ)

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I really wish the ME pack didn't have the Deluxe Edition. Much rather see 1 & 2 standard for $10.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    The Newell is going to be cross with me for even saying this... but those who are pondering ME1 and/or ME2 should keep the release of ME3 in early March in mind. And that there is likely a sale around Thanksgiving and almost certainly one around the Winter. Meaning if you can't quite afford or justify one or both now (either due to lacking finances or free time) you will probably have at least 2 more opportunities to snag them as cheaply or even cheaper before the year is out, and who knows, they might even have a pre-order deal when the 3rd becomes available.

Now, none of this is certain of course, just thought I'd mention it so that resources might be aimed at other games as well, and do note that I absolutely love both ME1 and 2, so I highly recommend picking them up all the same. Just that time remains.

I just hope the physical Collector's Edition copy I'm buying can be registered on Steam.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Ooh Total war actually looks great. I already bought it off d2d for someone a while ago but nows my chance to get it for me!

I'll bet you 5 bucks that someone jumps on the chance to gift it to you before you can pull the trigger. :lol:

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Maz- wrote: »
    Mass Effect 2 is amazing and everyone should own it.

That is all.

I'm surprised how many people still don't own it. I already helped Icemopper out, but I still have 21 people in my friends list who have ME2 on their wishlists D:

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Has X3 been on sale yet? I kind of want the Gold Edition.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    hamdingershamdingers Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Frei wrote: »
    If you're one of those people on the fence about The Last Remnant: buy it. If you have doubts, add me on Steam (see signature) and I will talk you up on it until you do.

Or you can just add me if we aren't friends already.

BOUGHT'D. Appreciate the recommendation and first hand thoughts. 15% downloaded....

hamdingers on
  • Options
    chidonachidona Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    A classy shout out to TheCanMan for gifting me Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. Sophistication personified, the man is.

chidona on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Peff wrote: »
    Be straight with me....what are my chances of seeing Civ V on sale during a daily?

Rewind time two days and pay 24.99 for it, or rewind time 8 days and pay 10.70 for it.

What I'm saying is you missed the Steam daily deal of it, and a much better deal from Gamers Gate.

It is steamworks though, so if it ever drops in price anywhere you can have it in steam

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Divinity 2 is good, but I think I'm going to wait for it to drop down to $10 or so.

Did Flames of Vengeance resolve the cliffhanger ending of the base game? Or is there an expected Divinity 3?

cckerberos on
    cckerberos.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Ooh Total war actually looks great. I already bought it off d2d for someone a while ago but nows my chance to get it for me!

I'll bet you 5 bucks that someone jumps on the chance to gift it to you before you can pull the trigger. :lol:

given that the store still won't work on my phone, its entirely possible. About an hour out two before I'm back on the PC.

Oh and I actually bought it for a foreign PA member, from d2d as it was on sale in the UK only. Its not as cheap now add it was then but still a good price for it given the size if the games.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    ChronicChronic Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I didnt have any of the DLC for Fallout 3 so I finally popped and got a STEAM version.

Chronic on
    I hit people with pillow wrapped baseball bats. Sure the blow is softer, but its still a bat.
  • Options
    NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Wait, did someone say that Fallout 3 GOTY does not have GfWL? If so, that is tempting...

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I just went to buy Guardian of Light for 2.49 and it suddenly costs nearly 7 quid now.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

Like, it literally just went up.

Godammit.

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    While I don't own it for PC, I can wholeheartedly attest to the fact that the Mass Effect series is fan-damn-tastic.

I've loaned them out to friends after beating them on XB360 so many times. I may have to look through the house and see if theyre loaned out still, or if they're somewhere in the entertainment center.

Such good games. So much possibility

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Man, I thought today was gonna be alright. Now I have that Total War deal and Universe Sandbox in my cart.

Gah.

Doctor Detroit on
  • Options
    symbolsorsymbolsor Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Masume, of the classiest gents around, has gifted my unrelated brother Half Life 2. That's real charity. Thank you again Masume.

symbolsor on
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    People! Convince me one way or the other on Last Remnant!

InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    chidonachidona Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    TheCanMan wrote: »

Well, I might as well call this one. I was going to wait till I got 10 entries, but I highly doubt anyone else in this thread is going to have less than Audiosurf, Braid, Far Cry, and the Orange Box. Plus, it's a chance to chide a lurker into participating more! :winky:

chidona, the link to redeem your copy of Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is in you PM inbox.

From both symbolsor and myself, enjoy!

PS
    Just wanted to let you guys know that the few of you with well over 100 games who entered made me chuckle. Thanks. :lol:

I should probably explain myself, haha.

I've been at university for the past 3 years on a very mediocre laptop (entry level Inspiron 1525), and as such I've been out of the gaming 'loop' for a long while - essentially, I've missed the entire current-gen (don't have a 360/PS3/Wii). Well, for graduation, I bought myself a very nice present - a new Dell XPS 17 laptop! It's being delivered very soon, so I'm taking the sale as a chance to stock up on all the stuff I missed out on whilst slaving away over my degree.

Hell, I've never even been able to /play/ HL2: Ep2, as my computer flat out won't run it. Same with TF2, and Portal 1 only worked if, and only if, I made the portals opaque. I completed Portal without being able to see through the portals. Thank your generosity once more, good sire!

chidona on
  • Options
    DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

I vented earlier, before it went on Sale, about how Total War's AI is frustratingly shit. Like, guys on an elevated position won't notice enemies below them and they'll get shot and killed while the guys below them snicker and run off.

Cannons will get set up and shoot straight into the ground.

The boat warfare is awesome some times, then other times hte enemy gets fucked up and just runs away. And if you were broad side, and can't catch them, you just have to put the timer on FASTEST and still wait 5 minutes as he sails away.

What exactly do you do in Universe Sandbox? Worth the $$?

I'm also thinking real hard on Last Remenant!! I should be content for months and months after this week!

DrunkMc on
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

Yes I think it was.

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    For whoever was asking about ME2 getting an ultimate edition: I would rate it as a "maybe, leaning towards no". BioWare has stated the PS3 version is the closest thing to an ultimate edition that they intend to make. However, with the advent of Origin, that might change.

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    DrunkMc wrote: »

I vented earlier, before it went on Sale, about how Total War's AI is frustratingly shit. Like, guys on an elevated position won't notice enemies below them and they'll get shot and killed while the guys below them snicker and run off.

Cannons will get set up and shoot straight into the ground.

The boat warfare is awesome some times, then other times hte enemy gets fucked up and just runs away. And if you were broad side, and can't catch them, you just have to put the timer on FASTEST and still wait 5 minutes as he sails away.

What exactly do you do in Universe Sandbox? Worth the $$?

I'm also thinking real hard on Last Remenant!! I should be content for months and months after this week!

Awww :(
    Party pooper.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    So frustrated that I missed the DoW Retribution sale! Every day looks more and more like they won't be doing best sellers again... :(
    It extra sucks because I'm pretty sure I checked steam for the daily 10am that day and the summer sale wasn't there when I checked. :evil:

I'd say there's fairly even odds of it showing up in a best of sale

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011

Yes I think it was.

Aw dang. Oh well!

Oh well

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    InkSplat wrote: »
    People! Convince me one way or the other on Last Remnant!

Do you serve the Newell? Well DO YOU?!??
    Honestly have no idea. I suppose if you like JRPGs....maybe? I know I do not like them, so LR is an easy pass for me. There seem to be more positive responses to this question than negative ones in the thread so far...

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    HeartfinderHeartfinder Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Also concerning the PC version of the Last Remnant - is it a clear upgrade over the X360 version, which I have, but is in the gamebank?

Heartfinder on
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I need one more item for my wishlist. Are there any more strategy games with the flexibility of Crusader Kings, EU3, or Victoria 2?

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    ThibisThibis Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Just Last Remnant for me today. I always thought that game looked interesting. Ten bucks still seems a bit high, but I don't think I've seen it lower.

ME2 for that price is a fucking steal. If you are even halfway interested, get it.

Probably going to miss the sale tomorrow due to being drunk on a dock and far from reliable internet connections. If the email for registering a new computer actually works, I might still be able to swing it. I suspect it relies entirely on how interested in the sales I am. The better the sale, the better the chances there will be no internet at all. But I'm ok with that.

Thibis on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I really don't think anyone should let the cost of Mass Effect 2 DLC deter them from picking the base game up for $6.80 since there's still a fuckton of concentrated awesome in vanilla ME2.

Also, the story-based DLC varies in quality from "really good" to "holy shit this is awesome".

Lawndart on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    For whoever was asking about ME2 getting an ultimate edition: I would rate it as a "maybe, leaning towards no". BioWare has stated the PS3 version is the closest thing to an ultimate edition that they intend to make. However, with the advent of Origin, that might change.

Well they had a reissue for ME1, and that only had 2 DLC missions. Something something september meme

Also, not steam, but greenman gaming has some free games: Arma 2, Men of war and tower bloxx http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fun/gaming/3681414/Games-for-gratis.html

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    What Lawndart said. Vanilla ME2 is phenomenal. You don't even miss the DLC if you've never had it before. Everyone should own Mass Effect 2...

>_>

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    kaliakalia Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    FiveAgainst1/TripleB must be practically made of Top Hats! I knew he wanted to gift me something in return for Amnesia, but . . . ME2?! That is just an awesome over-the-top amount of class!

kalia on
  • Options
    ThibisThibis Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Triple B wrote: »
    What Lawndart said. Vanilla ME2 is phenomenal. You don't even miss the DLC if you've never had it before. Everyone should own Mass Effect 2...

>_>

The DLCs are nice, but hardly necessary. Get the game. Roll Vanguard. Regret Nothing.

Thibis on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Spoit wrote: »

Well they had a reissue for ME1, and that only had 2 DLC missions. Something something september meme

Also, not steam, but greenman gaming has some free games: Arma 2, Men of war and tower bloxx http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fun/gaming/3681414/Games-for-gratis.html
    Their site is also getting hammered, making it impossible to get any of these games. I'd wait until the UK timezone is fast asleep before trying.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    gilraingilrain Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I bought Empire & Napoleon yesterday, for $20. Oooh, that feels bad. :(

I know all about waiting for the last day, but had assumed that since Shogun 2 was already a daily, if the others were going to go on sale they'd have made 'em a franchise sale that day instead of breaking a franchise into separate days. I chose... poorly.

gilrain on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Also concerning the PC version of the Last Remnant - is it a clear upgrade over the X360 version, which I have, but is in the gamebank?

I haven't played it, but I've heard that it has a bunch of improvements over the console version. Something about being able to equip everyone instead of just some characters and there being a turbo mode.

Peewi on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    http://lastremnant.wikia.com/wiki/Difference_between_Xbox360_and_PC_version

They massively changed core game mechanics from 360 --> PC and totally redid the leveling system, party system, and expanded the battle system.
    As well as New Game+, a better final boss fight, and performance and ease of use changes.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    DiamondGFXDiamondGFX Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    CONTEST TIME

You are alone in a dark and musty [castle,house,asylum,spaceship,etc]. You can't remember your name, or why you are here. You've travelled through the various corridors, hearing faint sounds in the distance. Suddenly, a shadow moves across your field of view! You turn the opposite way and RUN! You find a room with a desk, a closet, and nothing else. You're alone, unarmed, and terrified. You grab the desk, block the door with it, and dash into the closet.

As you sit there, heart racing, trying to hold your breath, wallowing in a puddle of your own cowardice ("Hey! That wasn't cowardice!"), you hear the desk move and the door creak open. You peer through a small crack in the closet door only to see...

What is on the other side of the closet door? What fevered nightmare has chased you to this tomb?

Best answer will receive a copy of Amnesia! PM me your answers, please!

DiamondGFX on
    ain't got one
  • Options
    HeartfinderHeartfinder Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Wow, after reading the list, yeah, looks like I'll be picking it up. The fact they threw in an NG+ mode sealed the deal. Thanks, everyone.

Heartfinder on
    steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Universe Sandbox. Has anyone played it? Seems like it could be neat.

projectmayhem on