As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What would you change about SE++ and WHY

• Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Jordyn, have you learned how to cook? It might help. If you know how to cook, you'll start coming up with more ideas for things that you want to eat, and also you'll actually be able to make those things. For example, last night I thought of fajitas, and since I know how to make them, I can just pick out what seasonings or what type of peppers I want or whatever and go do it.

Defender on
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    There are also stores which prepare entire meals and make them available for purchase. Many will even provide an eating surface and a chair to sit in, then deliver said meal directly to this surface, for an additional monetary tip.

jwalk on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    No, I'm not a vegetarian.

We had sandwich meat but I used the last of it yesterday.

I just, I'm really annoyed with...stuff lately.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Heres what you do:

When you ARE hungry, write whatever you want to eat down if you do not have that particular item. Then, when shopping time comes, you know what you crave, and thus, can purchase the items so that you have them to eat.

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    Defender wrote: »
    Jordyn, have you learned how to cook? It might help. If you know how to cook, you'll start coming up with more ideas for things that you want to eat, and also you'll actually be able to make those things. For example, last night I thought of fajitas, and since I know how to make them, I can just pick out what seasonings or what type of peppers I want or whatever and go do it.

She just doesn't have any stock items.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Frosted ButtsFrosted Butts Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Jordyn wrote: »
    Honestly, we're terrible at shopping for groceries.

Ya know how you're not supposed to go to the grocery store if you're hungry because you buy too much?

We don't buy enough.

I get there, and there is nothing that I want to eat. And I can't imagine ever wanting to eat again.

And even if I go there hungry, I can't decide what I want.

I have a similar problem, only food seems completely repulsive to me unless I'm dying to eat it.

Frosted Butts on
    lion1si5.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    You guys are making a way bigger deal out of this then you really should be.

I just can't decide what I want to eat right now, and we happen to not have many groceries in the house at the moment so my options are limited. I swear, I'm fine.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    The Geek wrote: »
    Defender wrote: »

She just doesn't have any stock items.

well yeah, once you start cooking you'll naturally build a stock of spices and crap. If you make pasta dishes, you'll have extra pasta. If make breaded meats, you'll have bread crumbs. But I think that the issue is that you need to learn to cook, because your stock will (and should) reflect what you actually use, which is based on what recipes you know.

Defender on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    You guys are making a way bigger deal out of this then you really should be.

I just can't decide what I want to eat right now, and we happen to not have many groceries in the house at the moment so my options are limited. I swear, I'm fine.
    clayton_cover400.jpg

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited June 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    UGH GOD LOOK FUCK YOU GUYS OK

I can cook fucking fine, there's just a lot of bullshit that results in me not being able to cook what I would want that I'm not going to go into right fucking now.

so fuck off.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Fuckin Okies! Get the fuck out of my west
    I've been saying that shit for years.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    Jordyn's anorexic!

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Berries and cream
    Berries and cream
    I'm a little lad who loves berries and cream

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Since it is Fish & Chips Friday, as it is every Friday, I am going to have Fish & Chips.

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    No wait, forget what I said.

EDIT: I only ate fish & chips once when I was in London and oh god, it was swimming in fat. Urgh...

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'm going to go have lunch with my sister.

Weaver on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Jordyn is so lacking in nutrients, he body has started to digest the grammar parts of her brain.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    jwalk wrote: »
    Since it is Fish & Chips Friday, as it is every Friday, I am going to have Fish & Chips.
    You know why Friday's fish 'n chips day? Because the fish comes in on Saturday.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Berries and cream
    Berries and cream

are those any good anyway?

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Berries and cream
    Berries and cream

are those any good anyway?

I don't know. I haven't tried them.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited June 2007
    Also I'd probably change SE++ so that it was a Monarchy, with me at the top, and with you all as serfs, and you have to address me as "Your majesty" but even then I might take offence and have you executed.

bongi on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    bongi wrote: »
    Also I'd probably change SE++ so that it was a Monarchy, with me at the top, and with you all as serfs, and you have to address me as "Your majesty" but even then I might take offence and have you executed.

Hey, I mean, that's just fair.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Druhim wrote: »
    WA-CHOW!

Well if you're worried about freshness, have the deep fried Twinkie (covered in rasperry jam).

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    WA-CHOW!

Well if you're worried about freshness, have the deep fried Twinkie (covered in rasperry jam).
    To be fair, places that offer specials on Friday may be doing it mainly because of the Catholic tradition of not eating meat on that day. However some places do have specials on fish 'n chips precisely because they're trying to get rid of as much of the old fish before the next catch comes in.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    I can cook but I don't like doing the cleaning process afterwards.

My first experience cooking was with a Stuffed Cornish Hen with Wild Rice and Mushrooms and Celery. I found it at About.com and tested it since I wanted to make a Cornish Hen. It was quite good. After that, I started cookign more things, Red Snapper, Mongolia Boiled Lamb with herbs, Dumplings (now i can make my own), Stuffed Fish and just recently (a couple of months ago) Calamarai Rings with Tomato Sauce and Udon Noodles. I don't consider myself a top class chef, but I know I can cook.

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    This place sells Fish & Chips every day. In fact, that's nearly all they sell, they are a Fish & Chips place. So, I think I'm okay. They really do make a deep fried Twinkie though.

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

My first experience cooking was with a Stuffed Cornish Hen with Wild Rice and Mushrooms and Celery. I found it at About.com and tested it since I wanted to make a Cornish Hen. It was quite good. After that, I started cookign more things, Red Snapper, Mongolia Boiled Lamb with herbs, Dumplings (now i can make my own), Stuffed Fish and just recently (a couple of months ago) Calamarai Rings with Tomato Sauce and Udon Noodles. I don't consider myself a top class chef, but I know I can cook.
    That's pretty cool, but did you mean broiled lamb? Because boiled lamb doesn't sound too appetizing. If you made a stew out of it and simmered it that could be really tasty but I'm assuming you meant broiled.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I don't like cooking. It takes entirely too long.

I could slave for like 30 minutes over a hot stove making spaghetti and meatballs.

Or I could pop a can of Spaghetti-Os in the microwave for 2 minutes and get exactly the same effect.

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    look Daric, even I know those aren't exactly the same.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    If by same effect you mean that you have provided a digestable substance for your body to break down and use as fuel in the metabolic process, then yes.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

That's pretty cool, but did you mean broiled lamb? Because boiled lamb doesn't sound too appetizing. If you made a stew out of it and simmered it that could be really tasty but I'm assuming you meant broiled.

It's OK, he's probably making up everything except that one time he cooked Udon noodles.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Daric wrote: »

I could slave for like 30 minutes over a hot stove making spaghetti and meatballs.

Or I could pop a can of Spaghetti-Os in the microwave for 2 minutes and get exactly the same effect.
    Oh christ you're a fucking pathetic human.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Also guys, I burn salads.

Daric on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Daric wrote: »

Oh christ you're a fucking pathetic human.

I gotta say, that made me vomit a little.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Druhim, I can't find a grocery store nearby with a decent meat selection.

Or, ya know, where I can buy meat that isn't packaged for a family of 8.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    The whole foods here at Denny & Westlake has an excellent meat selection but yeah it's nowhere near your house so why am I even mentioning it.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    If your ever in the area I guess

Weaver on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    Druhim, I can't find a grocery store nearby with a decent meat selection.

Or, ya know, where I can buy meat that isn't packaged for a family of 8.
    Shopping for one is pretty tough. I have a hard time finishing off milk or bananas before they go bad...not tthat you're shopping for one person, but you are when it comes to meat anyway.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Jordyn, just stock up on Lunchables. You'll be good for life.

Daric on
This discussion has been closed.