Options

I've Covered Wars You Know

Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
edited October 2011 in Social Entropy++
6bc0b1d53c.png

Dead Rising 2: Off The Record is out TODAY! Mine will be coming via UPS sometimes around 1 or 2 this afternoon. Since this is a "reimagining" of a previously released game it's only $40 and it's going to be worth every penny, especially if you never played the first Dead Rising 2.

"Off the Record is a complete reimagining of Dead Rising 2, with new missions, cutscenes, environments, enemies, and weapons. The photography mechanic from the first Dead Rising will also be included. There will also be technical and system upgrades, such as optimization of loading times and improved network performance.[62][63] Off the Record also features a new sandbox mode. This allows players to explore Fortune City without the obstacle of time"

There is apparently one new area in the game where most of the new weapon combos are. Some of the original survivors have been moved here to utilize it a bit better.

Also, there is a new checkpoint system so you don't have to go all the way back to the last save every time you accidentally stumble unprepared onto a psychopath and get unceremoniously slaughtered because all you have is a rake and a hot dog.

HERE ARE SOME SCREENSHOTS

dead-rising-2-off-the-record.jpg

_-Dead-Rising-2-Off-The-Record-PS3-_.jpg

recordead1.jpg

dead-rising-2-off-the-record.jpg

Raijin Quickfoot on

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    _-Dead-Rising-2-Off-The-Record-PS3-_.jpg

Next frame: sodomy

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Please tell me those are cheese-covered zombies.

@The_Geek

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Larlar wrote:
    Please tell me those are cheese-covered zombies.

@The_Geek

Nope, servbots.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Gosh I loved Dead Rising 2

I'll gladly play it again with the dumpy, slightly homely Frank West

He's great

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Olivaw wrote:
    Gosh I loved Dead Rising 2

I'll gladly play it again with the dumpy, slightly homely Frank West

He's great

That was pretty much how I felt about it.

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    Yes, a zombie game to make up for Dead Island

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Hmm

Will I enjoy this game as someone who was incredibly turned on by the potential of the first Dead Rising but horribly turned off by its save game system/time limit system/weapons break constantly system?

• Options
    Rolo wrote:
    Hmm

Will I enjoy this game as someone who was incredibly turned on by the potential of the first Dead Rising but horribly turned off by its save game system/time limit system/weapons break constantly system?

The weapons still break pretty often, but when you use the combo system to make new weapons they do a fair amount of damage before the break happens.

The save system in vanilla Dead Rising 2 was better and this one has a checkpoint system as well so I would imagine that shouldn't be a problem.

There is a sandbox mode now so you don't have to play it with the time constraints.

• Options
    I don't know.

I found the very things that most people hated about the first to be it's most engaging features.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    yeah the save system is like, a core aspect of dead rising games.

I am excited for this although I wont be able to get it right away.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    The save system breaks my brain. I am just not psychologically equipped to deal with games like this.

• Options
    the weapon durability thing also quickly became trivial in the first game once you found the right magazines

triple durability mini chainsaws erryday

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I will maybe play this at some point, should I ever have the opportunity.

It will fulfill my dreams of being a dumpy, hairy man

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Keith wrote:

Keith is all about becoming a bear.

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I really hope this game improves on overtime mode

in vanilla DR2 it was
    just running around and fetching different items

while insanely powerful super zombies mauled you to death

followed by a boss which you couldn't bring any of your items to

it was really awful

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Hunter wrote: »
    Keith wrote:

Keith is all about becoming a bear.

8->

• Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    Stale wrote:
    I don't know.

I found the very things that most people hated about the first to be it's most engaging features.

I loathe exploration games with time limits.
    To me it says "Our designers are shitty, so we're putting in an arbitrary constraint so you go faster"

Either that or it is deliberate and the designers are just bad.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    I don't really see dead rising as an exploration game

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    Ok I just hate time limits in general, then.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I really wanted Dead Rising to be... not dead rising.

The time limits and restarting and replaying a bunch and junk all combined to be a thing I don't want to play.

Which makes me sad, because I love killing zombies.

I just watched the quick look for this on giantbomb and their consensus was basically "... this is Dead Rising 2. We're not sure why it exists. But definitely get it if you never played dead rising 2"

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    That's fair, though I feel like Dead Rising would be way too easy without them.

And intentionally so, the game is built around huge ocean like swathes of zombies that are more obstacle than enemy. That's clearly not a design you agree with but I like it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Gunna play this game so hard.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    neville wrote: »
    Ok I just hate time limits in general, then.

haterbatman.jpg

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Sir Headless VIISir Headless VII Registered User regular
    Dead rising 2 had a lot of "Really? this is how you made your game? Why are you such and asshole?" moments for me but I played it all the way through and really enjoyed it so I am kind of excited about this.

Steam - Backpack - Bnet: SirHeadless #1154
    7KEFduI.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Did you play the first Dead Rising? Cause I can't imagine anything like that that wasnt already present in the first game.

Well, except for zombrex I guess.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I went out and bought this for the PS3 in-between meetings today at work.

Gonna go home soon and get my Frank-West-zombie-killin-sombitch on

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Man, I just now remembered this came out today.

Kinda wish I hadn't blown my money on Saint's Row 1 and 2 and Beavis and Butthead: Mike Judge's Most Wanted yesterday.

Sigh, maybe next week, Frank. Maybe next week.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Sir Headless VIISir Headless VII Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Balefuego wrote:
    Did you play the first Dead Rising? Cause I can't imagine anything like that that wasnt already present in the first game.

Well, except for zombrex I guess.

One of the guys I lived with had it on x-box so i played it a bit but not enough to have a mission timer or miss-timed save give me the big ol middle finger. The game is super fun but if you don't understand what you need to do it can be really frustrating.

Sir Headless VII on
    Steam - Backpack - Bnet: SirHeadless #1154
    7KEFduI.jpg
  • Options
    I've logged, without exaggeration, close to 1000 hours of Dead Rising.

I'm one of the few people I've ever encountered with 100% of the achievements.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I might get this for PC

DR2 ran great on PC, and it was a lot of fun too

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Dead rising 2 had a lot of "Really? this is how you made your game? Why are you such and asshole?" moments for me but I played it all the way through and really enjoyed it so I am kind of excited about this.

Yup. You guys suggested this game to me back some time ago and after a while the biggest issue was the fact that it was so brutal with the save points or lack thereof.

Having that fixed + a sweaty hairy guy wearing a Buzz Lightyear knock-off, wielding a giant purple dildo sword that appears to channel concentrated lightning at the tip is what I am about. Bring on the Necrophiliacs!

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Stale wrote:

I could never get that for DR1. That game was so hard, I could not see doing 7-Day Survivor without my Real Mega Buster.

Though I am only four achievements away from 1000/1000 DR2. But I don't have anyone to coop with (yo someone coop with me in the original DR2!).

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Zay wrote: »
    Stale wrote:

I could never get that for DR1. That game was so hard, I could not see doing 7-Day Survivor without my Real Mega Buster.

Though I am only four achievements away from 1000/1000 DR2. But I don't have anyone to coop with (yo someone coop with me in the original DR2!).

I think I made it to day 6 no less than a dozen times and died because I set the controller down and went to the bathroom, or I dozed off while waiting to drink another gallon of OJ

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    I kind of want to play the first again now, since I am missing a few of the easy achievements.

But getting Saint will suck considering the suicidal tendencies of survivors in that game.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    thought this was a new wrestling thread

• Options
    My first 360 achievement was in Dead Rising 1, that I got for falling off a pile of boxes (fall/drop 20 feet or something)

my only achievement in that game. From April 2007

• Options
    UPS is late today.

• Options
    I think I want to milk the last few cheevos I plan on getting out of Dead Space 2 before I put this in anyway.

• Options
    I hope it's not pregnant

• Options
    how did you like Dead Space 2 raijin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]