As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MSPA: THREAD BORKED, PARADOX SPACE TO BLAME

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Let's pick up where we left off, with John and Karkat.
    03868_2.gif
    EB: but now they don't have dream selves left!
    EB: who ever goes will be risking their life for good, won't they?
    CG: THAT WOULD BE THE LOGICAL EXTENSION OF THOSE FACTS, YES.
    EB: this is unacceptable!
    EB: couldn't i do it?
    EB: i am apparently immortal, because of this god tier business, so the bomb probably would not kill me!

CG: OK, BUT DON'T YOU THINK THERE'S A REMOTE POSSIBILITY THAT GOING ON A SUICIDE MISSION TO SAVE ALL OF REALITY WOULD COUNT AS A HEROIC DEATH?
    There is one thing neither of them know that we do: Aradia is waiting for "friends" to arrive at the Green Sun.

CG: BUT I MEAN, THE THING IS SHE SPENT A LONG TIME BEING DEAD AND MOVING ON, IT'S NOT LIKE YOU CAN JUST BRING SOMEBODY BACK AND EXPECT THEM TO GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ALL THE STUFF YOU THINK IS IMPORTANT.
    CG: I'VE TRIED TO TELL HER THAT HER SPRITE SELF IS PROBABLY NOWHERE NEAR AS DESPICABLE AS SHE'S MAKING OUT WITH HERSELF TO BE.
    [...]
    CG: AND FOR ALL THE SHIT SHE'S GIVEN ME ON THIS VERY SUBJECT, SHE KEEPS HERSELF DANGLING FROM A VERY HIGH HOOK.
    CG: SHE'D BE DOING ME A MAJOR PERSONAL SOLID BY MAKING AT LEAST SOME ATTEMPT TO GET HERSELF OFF.
    CG: WAIT
    CG: FUCK
    CG: WHAT DID I JUST SAY
    That's an important part about the dead, but it's sort of lost among Karkat's Fruedian slips.

Via some shenanigans Jade will get the quills John needs to cause the scratch.

Here's the part I don't think we know all of yet.
    CG: ANYWAY, AFTER SHE GIVES THAT TO YOU, SHE THEN HAS TO GO THROUGH WITH THE REST OF THE PLAN, WHICH IS MAKING SURE YOU ALL SURVIVE AFTER THE SCRATCH, MINUS ONE OF THE DERSE DREAMERS OF COURSE.
    CG: THE PLAN REVOLVES AROUND SOME REALLY BAFFLING HAND WAVEY MUMBO JUMBO WHICH I DON'T REALLY UNDERSTAND, BUT SHE TOLD ME TO TRUST HER ABOUT IT BECAUSE THE INFO COMES FROM A "Reliable informant."
    CG: WHITENED FOR SMUG TOOL.
    CG: IT INVOLVES SOMETHING TO DO WITH A YELLOW LAWN RING.
    CG: WHICH ISN'T THE HUMAN WORD FOR IT, IT'S JUST YOUR WORD IS SO DUMB I FEEL DUMB SAYING IT.
    We've seen the 1 yard come to play now... well, that's open for speculation I guess.

EB: since she is mortal, and i am not (sort of), and i don't need to do the scratch for a while, can i go help her? [...]
    CG: SWEET BLEEDING JEGUS, EGBERT, YOU KEEP BRAGGING ABOUT YOUR IMMORTALITY, AND THEN BRAINLESSLY ANNOUNCE PLANS TO GO OFF AND DO SOMETHING HEROIC! YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE THE SHORTEST LIFESPAN OF ANY IMMORTAL IN HISTORY.
    I've said this many times throughout this Drunkstunk thing, but I'll lay it out here. The story's tongue-in-cheek acknowledgement of John as the hero is one of my favorite running gags.

The entire plan is contained on this page: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/scratch.php?s=6&p=005772
    I read the whole thing and couldn't think of a way to summarize it. So it's up to you.

Let's see what's been going on elsewhere.

room77.gif
    03869_1.gif
    Quite a mess you got there, Doc.
    [o] This scrapbook is now in hopeless disarray.
    room79.gif
    [o] Feel free to examine the clippings while I tidy.

And so begins our first scrapbook update.

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    I demand to be woven into the drunkstuck narrative

• Options
    weave, motherfucker

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    remember when I took a random guess at what quarters' power was

and then it turned out I was right

I remember that

because I'm a self-absorbed shitheel

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    if it's a random guess then it doesn't mean anything except you had coincidence on your side

• Options
    cilla black gonna kick em while they're down, kick em while they're down in the downtown brown

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote:
    just release the books on amazon the same day glen beck releases his next book

hahaha

• Options
    A SNEAK PREVIEW OF THE NEXT EPISODE OF DRUNKSTUCK:
    AICsO.jpg

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    if it's a random guess then it doesn't mean anything except you had coincidence on your side

I have

all the luck

• Options
    Skull Man wrote:
    cilla black gonna kick em while they're down, kick em while they're down in the downtown brown

it's just that, man, if you wanna speculate and prognosticate potential things happening in the future of MSPA that's all cool and good and half the fun in the first place

but if you happen to be right, silently punch you fist in the air and feel good about yourself. don't point it out to everyone.

this doesn't even go exclusively or particularly to speed. it's everyone yo

• Options
    if you're awful and a butt maybe

• Options
    half the fun of predicting shit is rubbing it in everyone's face when you were right!

• Options
    especially because unintentional was very steadfastly mocking me for pulling it out of thin air

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    speed racer i fully support your right to wave the dick of your correct predictions all over this thread

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    what are you nerds doing in this thread that it is ten pages longer than when I checked it this morning?

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    a random guess is probably ok

just 'cause it's fun to be all "holy shit how did I get that right"

so long as we're avoiding anything like "YES I AM THE SMARTEST YOU ALL BOW DOWN TO MY GENIUS"

unless you're larlar who gets a free pass for obvious reasons

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    DotB I don't know if you know this but 10/25 is very soon!

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    especially because unintentional was very steadfastly mocking me for pulling it out of thin air

it's true, i was

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Bear we are talking about the end of act flash. Didn't you see it already?

• Options
    actually I skipped all those pages like I even got time to read

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Only ten pages?

We probably won't even finish the thread on the same day the update goes live.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    look ten pages is a lot to read

especially because I am illiterate

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    we're trying to get to a hundred pages so we can have a new thread just for the flash

• Options

it's true, i was

and on a related note that was the same conversation where you were asking me if they were releasing portal 2 dlc

and now they have and we still haven't played it!

• Options
    oh I see

well

I can contribute to that noble cause

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Faster!!!

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    MizuumiMizuumi pet dog you've been eating my video game how could you eat my video gameRegistered User regular
    look ten pages is a lot to read

especially because I am illiterate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw2T1jx8kzo

(stealing other people's youtubes?? yes indeedy)

ducklett.gif
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular

it's true, i was

and on a related note that was the same conversation where you were asking me if they were releasing portal 2 dlc

heh yeah

i keep telling my brother to download it but he won't do it :(

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    There's no way the flash is going to necessitate its own thread.

(Watch as I am promptly proven wrong.)

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    I 'm still proud that I guessed the kids were all clones and siblings. I wasn't exactly right, but HEY!

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    I understand not wanting to read ten pages, but we got a deadline to keep.

comeon boys we got 'till sunup to tear this thread down bring in the wrecking ball

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I never predict stuff.

I guess I can say that I knew Vriska was dead and not going to be god-tier revived, but Vriska's death was ambiguous and I can't really brag about totally calling it.

• Options
    Besides, everyone knows she's totally going to continue having a big role anyway

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    i remember when we found out vriska could put the kids to sleep and i was like 'welp that explains jade's narcolepsy then' and got told that was a ridiculous idea

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    look even if I click through every page I haven't read a word in these threads in ages

reading is for chumps and i'm just too cool for that nonsense

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options

it's true, i was

heh yeah

i keep telling my brother to download it but he won't do it :(

go give him a noogie

right now

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    All of Homestuck in 2 days DONE.

I am ready for this flash now

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    look even if I click through every page I haven't read a word in these threads in ages

reading is for chumps and i'm just too cool for that nonsense

hahahhahaaahahahahaah

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    I am all up on all relevant backstory, running gags, call backs, allusions, and imagery.

Plowing through with no time for breaks was really the best way to do it.

• Options
    Here's what I'm going to do for these.

I'll post a link, as such: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/scratch.php?s=6&p=005774

I was going to screencap them but worst-case I only have an hour and a half left. Maybe if I hate myself to do this again for EOA6 I'll go back and fix this.

Let's start with the bottom right, where past John is being messaged by Vriska.
    AG: 8ut this is all true. I've seen it already. You have no idea how delicious the dramatic irony is right now!
    AG: You will die. I will lead you into a trap, and watch you 8leed to death on a 8ig stone sla8 with a sword stuck in your chest.
    The dramatic irony is so thick I could cut it in half with a knife embedded in a cane with a dragon's head on it!

Er, right. Let's cut to the chase.
    AG: 8ecause this isn't really happening.
    GT: it isn't?
    AG: It did, once.
    AG: 8ut now it's just a memory.
    AG: I guess I must 8e dead.
    Someone once pointed out that GT had more lines than a few of the trolls. Look, Past John had a long chat with Kanaya and then there's this one. So it makes sense.

03880_2.gif
    GT: i was going to block you. but then...
    GT: i didn't for some reason.
    AG: Exactly. 8ecause we've already 8een through this. You're either asleep, or dead like me.
    AG: Man! I can't 8elieve I let her trick me like that. Such an amateur mistake.

GT: i guess i am feeling something like deja vu... maybe.
    GT: i still don't think i believe you, though.
    There was a lot of speculation about this John when this first went up.
    AG: John, there is no present! You are not in your hive, and you don't have anything to send. She received it a long time ago. None of this matters anymore.
    AG: If you don't 8elieve me, you are free to look out your window.

03881_1.gif
    03882.gif

We'll get back to that in a bit.

What about the Derse battleship on the lower left? That looks familiar.
    03888.gif
    Oh, right, these guys.

03889_2.gif
    03890.gif

What about the top of Dave's apartment?
    03873.gif
    Is this what I think it is?
    TG: ok first do you even have burger kings out in the fucking woods
    TG: why do you reference things that obviously arent in the woods like terrible burgers

TT: I'll limit my establishments of reference to lumber mills and sugar shanties from now on.
    TT: Also, there's a Burger King less than forty minutes from my house. I won't let this stand in the way of the new policy though.
    Yes, yes it is.

03875.gif
    TG: i just want your professional take on how many things in my dream symbolize dicks
    TT: We've already established that all of your dreams are packed with enough homoerotic symbolism to lift Freudian theory from the ashes of discreditation.
    TG: yeah thats a given but i didnt even dream about puppets this time

TT: Are you serious?
    TT: I'm clearing my schedule. This is a major breakthrough.
    When people say this "miss the old Rose", I assume this is the sort of thing they're talking about.

TG: well obviously i knew the birds were just black screaming sky dongs just hear me out
    TG: i kept dying
    TG: there kept being these traps like i would go one way and get my head chopped off
    TG: or go another way and get stabbed or whatever
    TG: and every time i died the dream reset itself and i was standing there alive and ready to try to escape again
    TG: but each time i would be watching myself from the vantage point of a different crow
    TG: like i was the crow all squawking around in circles like a macabre flapping douche
    TG: and i would always watch myself try to do something different to dodge the trap but i always ended up dead

TT: Hm.
    TT: Well, if I've learned anything from my extensive skimming over the Wikipedia articles on dream analysis,
    TT: It's that this dream is very unlikely to have any literal significance whatsoever.
    TT: It's probably not about dying at all.
    Well... actually. Anyway, let's cut to the chase.

TT: Listening to you conjure imagery of my mother in her underpants is definitely keeping us buoyed high above this swirling Freudian hellhole.
    TT: Well done.
    TG: please its not like shes my mom i can visualize her choice ass all i want without it gettin much more than moderately uncomfortable for everyone involved
    TT: What if you're wrong?
    TG: about what
    TT: Her not being your mother.
    TG: uh
    TT: Don't worry, you're probably safe. Luckily I can think of no literary or historical precedent for that sort of folly whatsoever.
    Okay guys I'm sorry but.... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA I am literally trying to keep from rolling on the floor of my cubicle here.

TT: If the rest of it is incompatible with prognoses of the zoologically dubious, I will withdraw my insinuation.
    TG: theres not even much more to it
    TG: i looked up into the sky
    TG: didnt see anyone singing
    TG: but even though the sky was black i could see the sun
    TG: it was bright as hell even through my shades
    TG: so i flapped my wings and flew up away to it like a fucking piece of garbage
    And this is where they realize the truth.

03877.gif

Let's go with the one with the Leo sign on it now.
    03891.gif
    Huh.

Anyway, this is the most definitive statement we've gotten about what happened to Jaspers:
    JASPERSPRITE: Yes one time i was with rose and i was sitting there dressed up in my suit with her as happy as can be.
    JASPERSPRITE: But then she disappeared!
    JASPERSPRITE: The whole place disappeared and i was in another place. There was no rose there was someone else.
    JASPERSPRITE: I guess i loved her too in time but never as much as rose it just wasnt the same.
    JASPERSPRITE: I kept waiting to see rose again but never did and finally i lost hope that i would and then i died.
    Yep.

Okay, let's close this out with something sad:
    AC: :33 < so, youre saying that maybe i will have to die to get to be with him?
    JASPERSPRITE: Yes maybe. :3
    AC: :33 < i hope thats not the case!
    AC: :33 < but i guess you just have a different way of looking at things
    AC: :33 < thank you for the advice jaspers!

And now, the last one, with Jadesprite.
    Hey, isn't that....
    03885.gif
    03886.gif
    Davesprite?

This discussion has been closed.