As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

iPhone iStupidity

Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMABaton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
edited November 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
So I have an iPhone 4. It's on AT&T, which may or may not be significant. I dunno.
I woke up this morning, and my phone has been acting oddly. It will have 3-4 bars and 3G, and stay that way for about 5-10 seconds. After that, it says 'searching' for about 45 seconds, and then says 'no connection' for about another 30 or so. Then it repeats. Over and over.
I've gone to AT&T, and they swapped the SIM card with no change in the weirdness.
They told me to go to the Apple store, and I'm going after work, but my phone is out of warranty.
Any chance they'll still swap it out for me? I haven't dropped it, and it's been in a case since the day I bought it (release day, stupid me.)

Erin The Red on

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    How close are you to the end of your warranty? They may have a "grace period." At least, this is what they told my dad the last time he had to replace his current-gen iPod Nano (this makes the third one in a year).

• Options
    Dark MoonDark Moon Registered User regular
    I'm going to ask a dumb question, but just in case: You have power cycled the phone, right? Every now and then my iPhone 4 will start doing a similar no-service/full-service dance and all it takes to set it right is to turn it off and then back on.

3072973561_de17a80845_o.jpg
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Yeah, I rebooted it several times throughout the day.
    My phone was previously jailbroken, which I don't THINK caused the issue, as I went to the legit version with iOS5. They ended up doing a factory reset with the SIM card out, which fixed the issue.
    So if you have this problem eventually, there you go!

And props to Eric at the Apple store for fixing my shit.
    All for free. Huzzah!

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Apple store guys have always been great for me. In the future, if you are not too far out of warranty, they'll still hook you up.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment