Options

[Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition] Triple Skulls is where it's at!

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Think I got a basic understanding of the game now, and really loving the mechanics. Made a team and applied to the Open League (The Draco Ickesbanes are my team... And a cookie to anyone who gets my joke there), I'll join the real league when/if it gets reset. Can someone give me an invite to the steam group please?

edit: thanks!

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Trying to get back into Blood Bowl, just sent a join request for the Open league with a Norse team. Wouldn't mind an invite to the steam group (steam name is just Veev)

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Veevee wrote:
    Trying to get back into Blood Bowl, just sent a join request for the Open league with a Norse team. Wouldn't mind an invite to the steam group (steam name is just Veev)

profile link? can't find you via the search

edit: nvm found you by searching in the pa main group, and your name on steam is so totaly not veev, it's veevee

Foomy on
    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Foomy wrote:
    Veevee wrote:

edit: nvm found you by searching in the pa main group, and your name on steam is so totaly not veev, it's veevee

Bah, whatever, you found me anyway didn't you? Hope I get into the open league soon, I needs to play some Blood Bowl

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Anyone had the port forwarding error? I've played 6 weeks of this league with no problem and now getting a port forwarding error when trying to connect to Corpekata.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    I was getting that trying to connect to Mvickers last week. He rebooted game and PC, still happening. Finally I hosted and he was able to join. Not sure if it's some kind of international deal or what.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote:
    Foomy wrote:
    Veevee wrote:

Bah, whatever, you found me anyway didn't you? Hope I get into the open league soon, I needs to play some Blood Bowl

I just accepted you, and a couple other teams that had applied that i had forgotten about. The steam group that we used to use was at http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pabb . I'll probably idle in there all day today, since i might be busy watching playoffs today, but maybe i can invite people that pop in. (do members have invite powers?)

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    yeah sorry I've been engrossed in Zelda over christmas and I've become a bit lax with the open league. I'll start being attentive again tomorrow.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Have a PA League game that needs verifying - the electrifying Dairai Longstriders pulled out a 2-0 victory over the Sand Vipers. After my match in the other league against the Really Dirty Old Men, I had real low expectations about how this one was going to turn out, but (inappropriate deity of your choice) bless dodge, the Amazons made it through with only two players injured (one death saved by Apothecary). Despite the big, scary hitters on the khmeri team, dodge let me take those 'stumbled' results without blowing a hole in my defensive line, massively slowing their offense down, and meaning I had players in place to pick the ball if it got knocked loose. Also, I was far enough behind in TV to have a generous amount of petty cash, and used that to strip them of one reroll, and pick up a Bloodweiser girl to help keep the injuries from being too bad.

The Vipers played a tight game, but every time the dice turned on them, I made sure to take full advantage of it, and took one dumb risk that paid off (a long pass that I knew I'd never make, but scattered well on landing, letting a lady pick it up and run into the end zone). I was only two squares away from a third touchdown on turn 16, but a bold blitz had knocked the carrier down, leaving her with not quite enough movement after she jumped up and grabbed the ball again. The dice did seem to be on my side at some points, like when I managed to recover the ball near my end zone, and the Khmeri who blitzed in to stop me from going anywhere got re-killed for his trouble.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Week 7 has started(On the 9th and will end on the 19th)

Games to be played:
    VicWhiten vs [PA]Drake
    [PA]Draeven vs macg91
    mEEks vs BlitzAce1981
    Fooms vs Witchalok
    Dudeman vs TaliosFalcon
    moleface vs Elvenshae
    Corpekata vs KafkaAU
    Banzai5150 vs Phoenix-D
    Gabriel Pitt vs Exeunt
    Docshifty vs ZH-kuvl
    WSDX vs Mvickers
    TheLawinator vs TroubleBrewin
    Lord_Snot vs gosprey

As always, I will try to be diligent about validating matches, and make sure to PM or Steam MSG me immediately if you need a reset or an extension.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    BTW, I figured out how to get the steam overlay working. Disable cinematics and add BB_LE.exe in your blood bowl folder as a non-steam game to your steam library. Works like a charm.

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote:
    BTW, I figured out how to get the steam overlay working. Disable cinematics and add BB_LE.exe in your blood bowl folder as a non-steam game to your steam library. Works like a charm.

nice, it's been a bit annoying that the overlay doesn't work with it by default

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote:

I was wondering why it kept crashing when I tried to skip the intro. Thanks for the info.

PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    @VicWhiten

Hit me up on Steam and let me know when you can play.

• Options
    If you could, when talking about a game that has been played, preface it with a "Regular", "Open", or "Extended" League so those of us who are managing these can know if we need to do something or not. Thanks, it gets a bit hectic with trying to keep track of the 26 team Regular League at times.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Also if Banzai doesn't answer, you can try message me. Although I think he's probably more active than me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Maybe I'm stupid, but for some reason I can't buy equipment for my guys. I do, the money spends, but I hit save and for whatever reason it removes the gear and gives me my money back. Something I'm overlooking?

• Options
    Pretty sure gear is part of the blitz portion of the game, which Banzai disabled? Maybe it still lets you purchase the gear, but then doesn't work?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Corpekata and I played our (regular league) game earlier, my Dark-elves vs his Undead, and Nuffle did not look kindly upon the undead.

The first half Corpekata's dice were rolling nothing but ones and skulls. Particularly the ghouls, who couldn't catch a ball. This resulted in 3 touchdowns to the elves by half time.

Feeling a bit cocky after half time, the elves advanced on the undead, who changed their play (although I wouldn't call fumbling ghouls a play) and involved a wight, who slipped past and made it to the back line. Although he was tackled a couple of times and the ball came loose, the elves couldn't move it back up field and a ghoul swept in for a touchdown, 3-1 with 3 turns left.

The elves received, formed a cage, and moved up the field, scoring on the last turn.

Final score, 4-1, no lingering injuries on any team, the only major one being a fractured arm, which was regenerated by a zombie.

My MVP went to my stand-in linesman. So that was a waste. I also have 3 guys who need 1 exp to level. On the plus side, I got 70k winnings.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DudemanXDudemanX Riverhead, NYRegistered User regular
    Elin is my opponent in the Extended League and our game is way past due. He hasn't been on Steam since our last failed attempt to play our game which was Wednesday. I have no idea if this will ever get done. Just give us a draw or do what you gotta do.

Steam: DudemanX3
    Discord: Dudeman#9279 - Battle.net: Dudeman#1385
    Twitch: CrashTestJonny - XBox: CrshTstJonny
    Nintendo Switch: SW-4469-1892-0302
  • Options
    DudemanX wrote:
    Elin is my opponent in the Extended League and our game is way past due. He hasn't been on Steam since our last failed attempt to play our game which was Wednesday. I have no idea if this will ever get done. Just give us a draw or do what you gotta do.

At this point there are 3 unplayed games for the week, which is above my threshold for actually advancing the week. Keep trying, but if the other games are played and you still have no news, I'll assign a draw and we can move on. Thanks for the heads up.

Steam
  • Options
    I'm going to be hanging out in the group chat room for a bit if anyone wants to play an open league game.

Steam
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    I started my semester so I only log onto Steam when I'm done with my crap, and it's been a busy beginning. I have a paper to write today, and some chapters to read. And an assignment for another class. Hopefully I can get it done today and I'll have some time tomorrow.

Aibyn has been busy with work and getting ready for his semester to start up. His game glitched last time because his video card has been acting up recently, probably time for a new one.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Tried to play some single player exhibition...

Wow, the computer really has no qualms with cheating, does it? My skink with stunty and dodge rolled straight ones, INCLUDING THE REROLL AND FAILING THE ARMOR ROLL, to get KO'd.

Meanwhile, one of their dudes dodges out of a clusterfuck of 5 of my guys, including one with prehensile tail, by rolling straight sixes like 3 times.

Yeah that's totes legit.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Sorry it took so long, I've been sick all week and napping when I get home from work. Gabriel and I got our game in.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote:

Wow, the computer really has no qualms with cheating, does it? My skink with stunty and dodge rolled straight ones, INCLUDING THE REROLL AND FAILING THE ARMOR ROLL, to get KO'd.

Meanwhile, one of their dudes dodges out of a clusterfuck of 5 of my guys, including one with prehensile tail, by rolling straight sixes like 3 times.

Yeah that's totes legit.

Blood Bowl is THE game for teaching you how a 1 in 6 chance is actually a fairly high percentage, lol.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote:
    Sorry it took so long, I've been sick all week and napping when I get home from work. Gabriel and I got our game in.
    Indeed we did. Extension league Darkwolfe vs G Pitt, 2-1 loss for me needs validating. On the one hand, I thumped the shit out of some elves. I tried to play a mobile game for the first half, but the Gits scored once, and near the end of the first half, broke free with nothing I could do to stop a touchdown. So I says to me, 'Fuck it, I'ma gonna punch me some elves until the half is over.'

And it worked! To a certain extent. Right at the tail end of the first half, I managed to run a hole I punched in DW's line, and get the ball into the end zone. However, after that, I think the computer might've been offended by my continued elf punching, because I got within one turn of a touchdown three more times, each time the ball somehow getting loose (my sure hands guy failed every time he tried to pick up the ball) and then an elf picking it up and rocketing it back down the field. The game ended with four Gits on the field, six badly injured, and one KO, IIRC. But that's okay, the elves killed my only guy almost ready to level so dead that not even the apothecary could save him. :D

• Options
    BB is all about being punched in the dick or given a medal at random intervals.

I started a Skaven team, two games later I had a gutter runner with + Agility + 1 movement and a second with +1 Agility.

Didn't stop them failing 2 consecutive 2+ dodge rolls in the next game though.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Darkewolfe wrote:
    Indeed we did. Extension league Darkwolfe vs G Pitt, 2-1 loss for me needs validating. On the one hand, I thumped the shit out of some elves. I tried to play a mobile game for the first half, but the Gits scored once, and near the end of the first half, broke free with nothing I could do to stop a touchdown. So I says to me, 'Fuck it, I'ma gonna punch me some elves until the half is over.'

And it worked! To a certain extent. Right at the tail end of the first half, I managed to run a hole I punched in DW's line, and get the ball into the end zone. However, after that, I think the computer might've been offended by my continued elf punching, because I got within one turn of a touchdown three more times, each time the ball somehow getting loose (my sure hands guy failed every time he tried to pick up the ball) and then an elf picking it up and rocketing it back down the field. The game ended with four Gits on the field, six badly injured, and one KO, IIRC. But that's okay, the elves killed my only guy almost ready to level so dead that not even the apothecary could save him. :D

Validated.

Steam
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Welp, going to make a new team later that isn't fucking cursed and re-apply to the open league. This game is racist against lizard people.

edit: How are Amazons for a beginner who hates being fucked by bad dice rolls? Moderately forgiving? They seem relatively cheap so I could get an apothecary on team creation. But if they're good for beginners I can't decide if I'd want to call them The Ex-Girlfriends or The Dudelukslyka Ladies.

edit2: Nevermind, read up on them and they sound good. At least better than what I was doing before. The Dudelukslyka Ladies have applied to the PA Open League.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Regular League game between me and Fooms needs to be validated. The Grenlun Goregoylz beat Sleipnir's Ninth Leg 2-0, with a considerable bit of luck (and unluck) on the Norse's side.

• Options
    I'm going to roll over the extension league week the end of tomorrow (wednesday), so we can keep it moving.

Steam
  • Options
    Validated Regular League games - and a reminder, the week ends on the 19th and we have 4 games still to be played.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    Sent mEEks a message back on Thursday, haven't had any response, and I seriously doubt I'm going to find time to get it played midweek, since I have a sneaking suspicion he's PST.

PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    DWARVES CONFUSED BY LACK OF WANGS

Dick Punchers 1 - Amazing Amazons 0

Disturbed by the lack of dangly eye level targets, the dwarves flailed wildly across the field during the first half, somehow scattering over half the ladies off the pitch and allowing the dwarf runner (considered more of a large halfling by the rest of the team for his distinctly undwarflike attempts to win the game) to score. During halftime the coach explained the birds and the bees the dwarves in an attempt to calm their nerves. Then he explained it to them again, and finally he told them they were magic golems made by elves and should be thought of as soft and dangly all over.

Emboldened by their new understanding of the Amazons, the Dick Punchers set out to have a normal punch up in the second half. Unfortunatly the Amazons coach had cleverly tied bottles of beer to all of his player's waists, ensuring that each dwarf would only throw a single punch before standing around to have a drink and sing songs about punching elves in the dangly bits. As a result, the entire second half was a quaqmire, with the dwarf runner holding the ball completely surrounded by dwarves and amazons and unable to move.

sig.gif
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    I give your action report a 11 out of 10

• Options
    Ok - can't be arsed to type it up pretty.. so here is who is left

VicWhiten vs [PA]Drake
    mEEks vs BlitzAce1981
    TheLawinator vs TroubleBrewin
    Lord_Snot vs gosprey

You have until sometime tomorrow(The 19th) in the evening(EST) to get these done or you get a 0-0 tie.

I've not been told of people not responding, so I can't weed out people that aren't active without that kind of information. Everyone is a big boy and can contact each other, etc. and let me know if their having issues. We have some people wanting to fill vacant slots, so if I need to boot a few more people to fill the slot with active players, let me know.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    Sorry about the late response! I'm pretty busy with school this semester so I think I'll drop out and let in someone more active. Good luck with the league.

• Options
    mEEksa wrote:
    Sorry about the late response! I'm pretty busy with school this semester so I think I'll drop out and let in someone more active. Good luck with the league.

Thanks for playing.

First person to PM me gets his spot. Create a new team, and I'll tell you when to apply.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Raiden333 wrote:

Yeah that's totes legit.

That is totes legit.

The chance of your Skink failing to dodge is 1/3 * 1/3 = 1/9. So for every nine first up Skink dodges you do 1 will fall over. Once a Skink falls over then it's a 42% chance of getting injured and a 58% chance of something worse than a Stun occurring. So in total it's a 2.7% chance. So every 37 dodges you perform that's a Skink KO'd or worse.

When it comes to improbable plays here are some of my highlights of moves I've pulled off.

In the last game I played my Human Blitzer dodged into two tackle zones, dodged from there into another tackle zone, then picked up the ball in a tackle zone, all without a re-roll. (8.3%)

In another game, all without a re-roll, My human Thrower dodged, picked up the ball, threw a long Bomb accurate pass in a Distributing Presence to a Catcher who was standing next to a Beast of Nurgle who caught it, Griff then went for it 3 times and made a 1d Blitz against the Beast to push him away from the Catcher. (1.1%)

You don't even want to hear about the time my stock Thrower made 3 dodges, the first into 2 tackle zones, then 1, then zero and two go for its to throw a single dice block against a Norse Blitzer knocking him down and then catching the ball as it bounced free. (0.16%)

And you really don't want to hear about the 4 turn play I executed against Norse that had a cumulative probability of seventy nine thousand eight hundred and fifty nine point eight oh two seven five to one against that got me the game tying touchdown. (0.001%)

Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.