As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40,000] Tales of the Neckbeard and Adventures in Crazyland, 1000 FLGS stories.

• Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Huh. Corsairs seem pretty cool. I should think about building it if the league around here's cool with that sort of thing.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    I've been repainting some of my Space Wolves in anticipation for the thunder wolves. Basically, since they flatout made the Lord model Harald Deathwolf, I'm changing my company to his.

My old thundercav cavalry is up for sale, btw. I'm going to try and get an arm and leg for them.

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    My store was only giving out pins as prizes from an hourly raffle and I couldn't spend the whole day in the store, so if anyone ends up with an extra they don't want, lemme know and I'm sure we can work something out. :)

why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Hmmm. Badass Eldar Corsair squad idea: Take the Dark Elf Corsair+Kabalite combo from the Trueborn conversion, then add Corsair bits.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Eavy Metal laziness. They painted one Hive Tyrant and blue tacked the different arms on for photos. Notice under the left top arm, glob of blue tack.

333742_sm-The%20wonders%20of%20blue%20tack.jpg

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    You can see the blu-tac pretty clearly in the 360 shot on the GW website too. Although I guess they swapped the head round too as the Swarmlord has a different (stupid looking_ head as well as the arms.

• Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    Fortress of Redemption assembled! Apoc game tomorrow, gonna be fun to use this piece of terrain!

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    That's funny.

Meanwhile, GW fully painted three or four different dreadnoughts for the venerable dreadnought kit...

</stirsthepot>

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    ben0207 wrote: »
    Alpharius wrote: »
    Are there any solid rumours on what to expect for the next Chaos dex?

Disappointment.

This is probably the most solid rumor I've seen about it.

• Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    altmann wrote: »
    Fortress of Redemption assembled! Apoc game tomorrow, gonna be fun to use this piece of terrain!

Oh fuck, thats tomorrow...

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    Quiet Nax I know you've spent the last 48 hours optimizing your 5k apoc list

signature.png
  • Options
    TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    By optimizing you mean assembling chaos spawn for 5k of spawn.

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
  • Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    I wish that had been the case :(

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    Im devoting a majority of anything I have leftover/unpainted to a fuckoff huge conscript squad.

signature.png
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    More of a Fantasy rumour (why I put a more detailed post there), but the Fenrisian wolves are apparently GW's new standard wolf model. Anything using wolves (again, more a Fantasy thing with wolf riders) that GW or FW do now will use them as a base.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I know how I'm painting my Imperial Fists. Army Painter Demonic Yellow spray, paint in some details, then dip them in Army Painter Quickshade. That seems to be the fastest way to get to a playable force for me. Awesome.

I'm still trying to figure out how to build a list though. With my tyranids, I'm just playing what I think looks cool, and what seems fun to me. That's why I might go Mawloc over Trygon. It may not work often, but when it does, it should be awesome.

With my Fists, I want something that might actually be competitive. I know I want to include at least one bike squad. I know what you're saying. It's been said here before. But bikes on the move seem to me that they would be hard to kill. If I ran a squad with two meltas and a multimelta attack bike, that's one fast, hard to kill tank-busting unit.

I think I want a Predator too. And I am waffling on the autocannon/twin-linked lascannon turret. I'm not magnetizing it. I'm building it one way, and working my list around it, and learning how to play it that way.

My thinking is that no matter what I play, the vast majority of my opponent's are going to be marines, whether they're vanilla, red, green, wolf, chaos or what. So I think I need lots of tank-busting, and armor-save denying stuff. I will have two tac squads with missile launchers and plasma guns. Other than that, I'm open. Maybe a scout bike squad. Maybe a scout squad full of snipers and a missile launcher. I should probably include transports for those troops so if I need to contest objectives, I can.

I want to play Fists, so Lysander might be an option, with a retinue of assault termies to go with him, that would be me a great HTH counter-attcking force. And maybe a vehicle for them also.

Any thoughts/advice? I have all of two tactical squads to paint. A landspeeder, the bikes, and that's it. So I will need to buy things to fill this out, but I only want to buy what I plan to use, unlike my 'nids.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited February 2012
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Eavy Metal laziness. They painted one Hive Tyrant and blue tacked the different arms on for photos. Notice under the left top arm, glob of blue tack.

Should have magnetized! 8->

edit: and apparently the Swarmlord has an adrenal gland too.

Echo on
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Go for the autocannon Predator if you go with melta-bikes. You have enough anti-tank in the bikes, the Predator should be used as fire support for infantry/light vehicles. Also, Tac squads with missile launchers and plasma are also going to be awesome for denying armor saves and popping transports as well. Transports are pretty awesome as well, I recommend getting some.

As for Lysander with assault termies, I endorse this as well, with a Land Raider of your choice.

It seems like a pretty solid list to me (but I play Noise Marines, so add salt to taste).

• Options
    I'm also taking a road trip tomorrow with my friends to Atlanta to play at Treefort Games. I'm going to get to play!!!

I'm going to ask them to not be gentle, 'cause I want to learn, but I also need them to understand I have no clue right now what I'm doing, so they might have to explain some stuff.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Good luck!

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Thanks! If I don't win, I'm not stressing it. I just want to learn how to play again.

Is it possible to buy a space marine bike with the meltagun from GW anymore? I have one, but the other special weapon that came with my old set was a flamer. I'll need to break that torso off and put on another meltagun torso. Does anyone have an extra one they don't need? I'll be happy to buy or trade bitz for it.

EDIT: When I look at the stats line for bikes, and some other units, I see this: T4 (5).

Why is the 5 in parentheses? Isn't that the toughness of the space marine on the bike? You can't separate them, so why are there two numbers?

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    It means he's T5 for everything except instant death.
    So you wound him as though he's T5, but he is instagibbed by anything s8 or above.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I'm torn between my 2 proposed lists.
    Do I want: 3 squads of 6 Noise Marines +
    Wing Lord/Melta-Raptors/5-Melta-Chosen/3 DakkaPreds
    or
    Bike Lord/Melta-Fist Bikes/2 Punch Dreads/12 Summoned Daemons
    ?

Extreaminatus on
  • Options
    Got it. Thanks. So missile launchers still kill bikes. Makes sense.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Wings are cooler than bikes

• Options
    I was told wings are JUST AS COOL as bikes! That's why I was so torn!

• Options
    I was told wings are JUST AS COOL as bikes! That's why I was so torn!

Wings?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Chaos Lords have a Wings or Jump Pack upgrade they can take. Wings let them move as jump infantry without actually being jump infantry so they ride in a transport, while the Jump Pack turns them into a 100+ point Raptor.

• Options
    Actually the real best option is a Slaaneshi lord with a demon weapon on a steed of slaanesh.
    7-11 instant death PW attacks on the charge with a 12" charge range and fleet.
    What do you mean he costs 165pts and has a chance of hitting himself in the face?

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Actually, my Lord has a Mark of Khorne. The Noise Marines just follow him because they think he's cool.
    8->

EDIT: I was also wondering of how to model the daemon weapon. Don't want a whip because those are silly.

Extreaminatus on
  • Options
    karlthepagankarlthepagan Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    I made my first stupid MSU net list and it's somewhat original

Mechanized psycannons

Coteaz
    3 min acolyte squad rhino
    3 Max purifiers 4 psycannon rhinos

Purifiers combat squad and take the extra rhinos

Lots of points to add psyback, discipleman, land raider, and/or shrouding raven. Trade acolytes for DCA to taste.

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    What awful GK list do I bring to PAX east? I can do most things but I have no dreadnoughts for I will not touch psyflemen.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Actually the real best option is a Slaaneshi lord with a demon weapon on a steed of slaanesh.
    7-11 instant death PW attacks on the charge with a 12" charge range and fleet.
    What do you mean he costs 165pts and has a chance of hitting himself in the face?

My favorite thing is when they charge him and you giggle and toss out your attacks before any other comparable model in the game. Works well with Greater Daemons of Slaanesh as well. I10: So useless, but so humorous.

• Options
    So who wants to guess how much a pewter Canis Wolfborn weighs?

because I'm auctioning mine off.

• Options
    Fuck if I know. 12 ounces?

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Matrias wrote:
    So who wants to guess how much a pewter Canis Wolfborn weighs?

because I'm auctioning mine off.

There's a distinct possibility I have a pewter dread somewhere. And they are stupid heavy.

Like excellent paperweight or impromptu zombie removal device.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    So I had the opportunity to paint both a metal and a finecast Abaddon, within a few weeks of each other.

The differences are.. uh. Interesting.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    The only dreadnought I own is metal. Is heavy, man.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    just trying to determine how much it'll cost to ship. thanks guys.

• Options
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    So I had the opportunity to paint both a metal and a finecast Abaddon, within a few weeks of each other.

The differences are.. uh. Interesting.

How interesting are they?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
This discussion has been closed.