Options

Secret Tijuana Death[Phalla] - End of Match: Leaving The Ring Victorious

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    So, do we break out the cocaine now or later?

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Cocaine before/after hookers, discuss.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Cocaine before/after hookers, discuss.

I think the tradition is to do them at the same time.

• Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Coke --> Hookers --> Regret --> More Coke.

rush rush gimme yeyo!

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Round 1: The Sound of the Opening Bell

In a small, dimly-lit room somewhere beneath the city, a small group of men meet. A new season of the deathmatch circuit is about to start, and proper preparations must be made to make sure it runs smoothly. This time around, there's a new concern. Somehow, word has gotten out that there's an illegal fighting ring in town and the government's begun to get involved. Law enforcement agents have discreetly inserted themselves within the lower ranks of the organization, ready to break it down from the inside. Unfortunately, the amount of secrecy involved in the organization structure has made it impossible to figure out the infiltrators from the loyal.

The group can only come up with one plan: let the grunts sort it out for themselves. Tell them that there are some rats to exterminate and let them figure out who needs to have their access to the circuit cut off. Meanwhile, the fights must go on - there's too much money to be made and the season too close to suspend things now. It will be a tumultuous time for the organization - only time will tell what the outcome will be.

Today's Bouts

Match 1: Mantaro Muscle vs. Samuel "Brain Dead" White
    Match 2: La Araña Discoteca vs. El Presidente Loco
    Match 3: Deez Chucklenuts vs. Lord Humongous

Standard close time for Day 1 is Monday, February 27, 9PM PST / Tuesday, February 28, 12AM EST / 5AM UTC

Don't forget to post, vote, and submit actions. A couple of reminders: when you send in money actions for betting, bribing, bidding, or transfer, you cannot take back or lower your submissions but may increase their amounts. If a player votes within the last five minutes of vote close, there is an extension. Make sure you've read through the opening post carefully!

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    !Gaslight, for not knowing that, clearly, hookers and blow go together.

• Options
    Baidol, for not mentioning hookers in the first place.

• Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I like how the vig and guards can't be killed. =)

They can only be bought.

Which raises a question: Can the mafia also buy the services of the vig/guards? (not a clarification request, because I'd wager it would come back clarification denied)

I'm guessing... yes?

Edit: Also, this is not to say that there aren't dedicated vig/guards, but talking about spending money outside of the arena.

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    So just to make sure I'm clear on this, wagers need to include an amount we're wagering and a percentage we're wagering for? So, for example, "I wager $200 for 20%"?

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    So just to make sure I'm clear on this, wagers need to include an amount we're wagering and a percentage we're wagering for? So, for example, "I wager $200 for 20%"?

When making a bet, you only specify the amount you wish to wager. If you win, you get a return proportional the amount you wagered as compared to the total amount wagered by all winners.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Match 3: Deez Chucklenuts vs. Lord Humongous
    Fifteen-hundred on Humongous! All those who don't bow shall pay!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxBAiR9JLvQ&feature=related

• Options
    MrBlarney wrote: »

When making a bet, you only specify the amount you wish to wager. If you win, you get a return proportional the amount you wagered as compared to the total amount wagered by all winners.

Ahhhh, alright, that makes more sense. Thanks!

• Options
    $500 on El Presidente Loco! Viva el presidente!

• Options
    I wonder if the narrations will give hints as to the capabilities of the winning fighters.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Baidol because I'm angry at myself for making it so I can't play you game and taking it out on you.

Also you just posted!

Posting is suspicious!

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Traitor

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Slym posted before me

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    romanqwerty is wearing a baby face and a clean suit. He doesn't even have a potbelly. who is this kid?

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Baidol wrote: »
    I wonder if the narrations will give hints as to the capabilities of the winning fighters.

I'm kinda guessing the way we are suppose to get an edge is through rigging fights of known fighters. That is people sharing (privately or not) custom fighter info. And then figuring out the best way to make money in a match.

Granted they run the chance of their group being infiltrated or other individuals countering their attempts to boost (or whatever) a fighter. I mainly suggest this because of the custom fighter option being highly recommended.

• Options
    romanqwerty is wearing a baby face and a clean suit. He doesn't even have a potbelly. who is this kid?

Virgil, what are you talking about?
    seriously I just see the normal robot avatar. Is this a video game reference(Payday?) or something?

• Options
    Well, since no one else appears to be laying bets on match 1:

$500 on Mr Muscle!

• Options
    Egos wrote: »

I'm kinda guessing the way we are suppose to get an edge is through rigging fights of known fighters. That is people sharing (privately or not) custom fighter info. And then figuring out the best way to make money in a match.

Granted they run the chance of their group being infiltrated or other individuals countering their attempts to boost (or whatever) a fighter. I mainly suggest this because of the custom fighter option being highly recommended.

Yeah, I imagine this is what Infidel's fight fixing ring is intending on doing. However, even they won't know the stats of every fighter, and so will need to figure out how to maximize their bribery investments. The implication that a fighter favors, say, strength over wits in a narration would be valuable. We will see what comes up tomorrow.

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular

seriously I just see the normal robot avatar. Is this a video game reference(Payday?) or something?

I think he's saying you're a NARC (...or whatever the racketeering/death fights version is)

• Options
    reading comprehension ,falcon.

I get what he is saying now though.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I realize this is hazardous to my health, but I like to live dangerously and thus vote for Infidel

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Capfalcon wrote: »

I think he's saying you're a NARC (...or whatever the racketeering/death fights version is)

Maybe a Judge?

Judge... Dredd.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    All I'm saying is that if you aren't sporting a mustard stain, a thin goatee, and a plaid smokers suit- you just might not belong here.

He just replaced his suit with a fresh jacket as we were speaking. He's gotta be the rat.
    FTFPv.jpg
    Just look at this guy.
    I'm just having fun with my day one vote, egos. No references here.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    reading comprehension ,falcon.

I get what he is saying now though.

I blame the new quote trees.

• Options
    Having fun in phalla?

Suspicious

• Options
    I'm just having fun with my day one vote, egos. No references here.

yeah I know you were just having fun :D Just wasn't sure if I missed something.

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Having fun in phalla?

Suspicious
    Posting in phalla?

Even more suspicious

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    What about lurking? Is that suspicious?

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Oh, yeah, very.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    crap!!

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Oh Vertroue, I was worried that you weren't in this game.

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    See.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    He's the most suspicious of them all.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Oh man, should have got into that bet fixing ring while I had the chance.

I just KNOW the disco spider is set up to just lose every single opponent he goes against, but there's no way I can resist betting on him :(

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    He's the most suspicious of them all.

Suspicious? You have not yet seen suspicious!

I know who's suspicious:

ecco the dolphin

That's right.

• Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    as much as i have a grudge against egos from soul hackers, i will totally assert that ecco the dolphin needs to die.