As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Valve Steam Call of Duty and Expansion

RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey guys, I bought the Call of Duty pack on Steam, downloaded all of the games. For some reason the original Call of Duty and it's expansion don't launch properly. It does the regular "Launching Call of Duty..." Steam box, inits the game, but then flicks out to the desktop and terminates the CoD executable process immediately.

The next time you try and start CoD, it recognizes that the last CoD terminated unexpectedly, and asks if you want to try Safe Mode, but regardless of your choice it repeats the same thing.

So does anyone know about and problems CoD has with either Windows XP, Catalyst drivers (I've tried multiple versions, including latest and the version shipped with my Video Card), or the AGP8x X1950 Radeon chipset?

I've tried a bunch of tricks I know, including compatability modes and disabling Video card features (like VPU recover) but nothing has worked yet.

Ruckus on

• Options
    stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    You could always try re-downloading it, something might be corrupt.

stigweard on