As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

this is the save toonami thread for babbys check OP for details you candycorns

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    honestly

i hate the real robot genre

i would much rather see super robots duke it out with each other

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »

it literally just started playing this

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    related: last i checked all of 08th ms team is on youtube for your viewing pleasure

• Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    Holy fuck holy fuck holy fuck!

Yesssssss

"Space, an endless frontier...."

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I actually prefer Outlaw Star over Cowboy Bebop

there's a lot less dramaram going on in outlaw star and it's more about crazy shit going on practically all the time, so it's not hard to see the appeal

plus also spaceships with arms that punch other spaceships

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    I never really liked any giant robot thing other than gasaraki and big o

I still need to see g gundam though

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    Tenchi was really really fucking dumb

but also really aesthetically pleasing outside of the 90s hair and faces

• Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    I have no Cartoon Network, yet I must scream ...

Also, this is on my iTunes playlist for when I'm playing Borderlands, and shit-you-not came up when I started into the General Knoxx fight:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny24zPeQLks

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    This if from the third Tenchi Myuo OVA series done in '03.

They're showing new anime.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I loved Big O once I gave it a chance

it was nice to see giant robots that were all ungainly and awkward

and I love that the theme song is a straightup knockoff of queen's flash gordon

• Options
    the theme song immediately sold me on big o

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I don't know what's going on

the moon blew up and now they're on jupiter and is this a giant meowing spaceship

this is hilarious

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    honestly

My problem with the latter

is that 99% of that sort of stuff takes itself too seriously, or just isn't funny, or I just can't stand the characters. Or sometimes all three.

The only example of it that doesn't is Megas XLR, which is basically a parody of giant robot fighting, which made fun of the genre in pretty much every way, and I loved it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg0mpdoNk4s&feature=relmfu

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Megas XLR is my favorite show from when i was a kid

god

god i miss it

• Options
    I still like Tenchi a bunch

pretty damn interesting setting and characters (characters who aren't Tenchi), all told, even if the harem anime thing was awful then and continues to be awful now

• Options
    my problem with big o's shitty awkward moving robots

is that they spent half an episode watching the dumb things slowly rise out of the ground

then slowly take a step forward

then the next one

and then ah god fuck you just fucking fight we get it, you move realistically for a mechanical object your size i don't care i don't care i don't care

• Options
    I will never know what the hell is going on during an episode of tenchi

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    the theme song immediately sold me on big o

CAST IN THE NAME OF GOD

YE NOTA GUILTYA

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    BIG O

BIG O

BIG O

BIG O BIG O

best theme song ever

• Options
    oh shit I forgot megas

I love megas

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    MEGADEUCE

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    tenchi's

motherfucking

voice

• Options
    mensch stop gettin' all hot and bothered to tenchi muyo

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular

pretty damn interesting setting and characters (characters who aren't Tenchi), all told, even if the harem anime thing was awful then and continues to be awful now

okZO4.jpg

• Options
    ah, Megas

does anyone remember when cartoon network showed all the pilots for possibly upcoming shows

that's how I first saw Megas and Kids Next Door

also this one show that never made it past the pilot

it involved some space hero, who went to his happy place when things got bad

his happy place had chocolate pudding

it was so funny to little BFL

• Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Hating you all so much right now.

It's a warm, friendly hate. But hate nonetheless.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    ah, Megas

does anyone remember when cartoon network showed all the pilots for possibly upcoming shows

that's how I first saw Megas and Kids Next Door

also this one show that never made it past the pilot

it involved some space hero, who went to his happy place when things got bad

his happy place had chocolate pudding

it was so funny to little BFL

commander cork

• Options
    YES!

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

there's a lot less dramaram going on in outlaw star and it's more about crazy shit going on practically all the time, so it's not hard to see the appeal

I loved Outlaw Star so much back in the day.

My favorite episode was Cats and Girls and Spaceships
    On their way to a planet, they're attacked by a strange ship that has these two mini ships that split off, and does this gang-up tactic to beat their ass.

They escape the fight, and lick their wounds for a few days planetside. While they were down there, Jim met up with this local girl with a couple of cute cats that followed her everywhere, and they totally hit it off. Started going out, really getting along. Then, after setting up a real date, the ship was ready to go and so Jim was gonna have to stand her up.

Except it turns out she was the pilot of the ship that whuped their ass, and her cats were actually little androids that pilot the mini ships, and neither she or Jim had any idea that they were the ones trying to kill each other. When they met in space again, this time the outlaw star was ready for them and took out all three ships. The damage from the fight meant they couldn't leave the planet yet, so Jim was all "Fuck yeah, I get to go on my date"

Except she doesn't show, and he has no idea that and his crew had just killed his girlfriend. So he's just sad, thinking he got stood up.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    was in toonami or adult swim that started to show cyborg 009

that is still a show i'd like to watch sometime, it seemed pretty cool

• Options
    i remember seeing a single episode of sailor moon, saw the nude transformations, got embarrassed, turned off the tv

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Ok I just checked CN

what's this Kekkaishi nonsense that's on right now

• Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    It's times like these where I wish I had a television

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Also I am so glad I managed to pick up a copy of the Toonami soundtrack album years ago before it went out of print

• Options
    cartoon network watching went into a few phases for me:

1. The Early days:
    Cartoon Network movies, including those scooby doo movies, and looney tunes. A golden era

2. Toonami Era

3. Desperately trying to stay up late so I could watch Fullmetal Alchemist Era

• Options

On their way to a planet, they're attacked by a strange ship that has these two mini ships that split off, and does this gang-up tactic to beat their ass.

They escape the fight, and lick their wounds for a few days planetside. While they were down there, Jim met up with this local girl with a couple of cute cats that followed her everywhere, and they totally hit it off. Started going out, really getting along. Then, after setting up a real date, the ship was ready to go and so Jim was gonna have to stand her up.

Except it turns out she was the pilot of the ship that whuped their ass, and her cats were actually little androids that pilot the mini ships, and neither she or Jim had any idea that they were the ones trying to kill each other. When they met in space again, this time the outlaw star was ready for them and took out all three ships. The damage from the fight meant they couldn't leave the planet yet, so Jim was all "Fuck yeah, I get to go on my date"

Except she doesn't show, and he has no idea that and his crew had just killed his girlfriend. So he's just sad, thinking he got stood up.

oh my god dude yes

that is also my favorite

the music in the last fight scene is just wow

actually no it's tied for my favorite

the other being The Seven Emerge, when Gene fights Shimi

• Options

good christ that's bleak

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    honestly

yes thank you

• Options
    skettios wrote: »

okZO4.jpg

yes yes space trees and cute rabbit things that transform into giant crystal spaceships

tenchi is still OK in my book

• Options
    I honestly cannot pick a favorite outlaw star episode

Though the evil plant selling ice cream is up there

7656367.jpg
This discussion has been closed.