As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Diablo III] The old thread.

• El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    Well, I didn't mean to blow the ring thing out of proportion. They took out rings & amulets from the beta a few patches ago, and they've quietly crept back in. Seeing a vendor with rings was an unannounced but pleasant surprise. Had I not seen that news item, I'd probably walk past that guy without a 2nd thought forever.

• SkabSkab Registered User regular
    El Guaco wrote: »
    Well, I didn't mean to blow the ring thing out of proportion. They took out rings & amulets from the beta a few patches ago, and they've quietly crept back in. Seeing a vendor with rings was an unannounced but pleasant surprise. Had I not seen that news item, I'd probably walk past that guy without a 2nd thought forever.

They never completely removed them before. They could still drop off certain mobs.

Also, The Fence sells good shit. You could get 1h cross bows off him that had like 18+ dps on them from him last patch, for example.

steam_sig.png
  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Page- wrote: »
    Yeah, you can get through normal with just about any build on any class, even if you do /players 8 the whole way through.

And at least install plugy even if you don't want any other mods.
    You say that but it is literally impossible for me to kill Duriell (the boss of the desert act) with this Barbarian on normal. His ice aura means I can barely do damage to him and he takes off a quarter of my hp per hit. It is seriously frustrating, because other than the sewer boss I have yet to die.

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    You're probably underlevelled then. Buy a merc, fill up on extra hp pots, and spam him with something that will actually do damage.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    So my Diablo III client still won't update, it just stays at Updating Tools (0%)

Is the new patch out yet or not?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    So I'm signed up for the annual pass for WoW and that means I get Diablo III for free. Do I get anything extra for buying a standard retail version, or is it just the CE that gets any benefit from that?

So my Diablo III client still won't update, it just stays at Updating Tools (0%)

New patch has been up and running since yesterday.

steam_sig.png
  • MovitzMovitz Registered User regular

Happens to me too every now and then. It usually helps to just restart the updater a few times.

Found Bishiboshs remains in the Den of the Fallen this morning. I believe that means I have found every random thing available in beta.

steam_sig.png
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Undead Stygian Dolls can eat a giant bowl of dicks.

• GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

use more Decoy

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular

Please tell me you're playing D2. If those things are in D3, I'm either going to end up crying in the fetal position or driven mad with an insatiable bloodlust as I hunt down every last one of them.

Probably B, then A. I don't like those things.

My first visit to the fence gained me a ring with +2-4 damage and 6% MF!

• BullioBullio Registered User regular
    ugh, I'm about to buy a totally useless strategy guide, aren't I?

steam_sig.png
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Rizzi wrote: »
    So I'm signed up for the annual pass for WoW and that means I get Diablo III for free. Do I get anything extra for buying a standard retail version, or is it just the CE that gets any benefit from that?
    CE only. All the normal version gets you is a physical copy and a key to give to someone else (or a second account for yourself).

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Had the same issue. You need to delete your battle.net folder in the hidden folder "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ ... Once " I believe. I did that, ended the agent*32 task in task manager and restarted the launcher and it worked fine.

Oh and when you do that it will attempt to redownload a bunch of stuff and your install bar may freeze for 5-10 minutes, don't close it, just let it go and it will be fine.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Bullio wrote: »

Yeah, totally useless since all the info will be on the interwebs anyway. Surprise guides still sell.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Griswold wrote: »

use more Decoy

I'm playing as a sorc. :P
    Bobble wrote: »

Please tell me you're playing D2. If those things are in D3, I'm either going to end up crying in the fetal position or driven mad with an insatiable bloodlust as I hunt down every last one of them.

Probably B, then A. I don't like those things.

It's D2. :)

• No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Xeddicus wrote: »

Yeah, totally useless since all the info will be on the interwebs anyway. Surprise guides still sell.
    All the info will be on the net eventually

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular

And the info will be wrong after they decide to rebalance the classes anyway a week after the game goes live...

• UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    Is Blizzard doing any kind of pre-load on the digital pre-order?

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular

I have D3 from the annual pass, was able to download it a few weeks back, just can't install it yet. I assume a preorder would be the same way.

• Drowning RabbitDrowning Rabbit New HampshireRegistered User regular

If you bought the regular edition from Blizzard you should be able to already pre-load it. Just log into your battle.net account and there should be a download waiting.

• ZekZek Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

And the info will be wrong after they decide to rebalance the classes anyway a week after the game goes live...

The guide's info is probably already wrong right now.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    the cover of the guide looks nice but it's not like it's made by blizz. might look fancy on a shelf and that discounted pre order price isn't bad but I don't think I can justify that. CE gives me plenty of nice shelf stuff.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Hopefully we'll get something like the Arreat Summit. But nowadays who knows we might be better served by the community with wikis and fansites.

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
    edited April 2012
    Fireflash wrote: »
    Hopefully we'll get something like the Arreat Summit. But nowadays who knows we might be better served by the community with wikis and fansites.

They actually said a little while back they were planning on doing an Arreat Summit type site for it, but who knows if its still in the works. Or maybe theyre just counting the community site NGN just linked.

Skab on
    steam_sig.png
    Well it'll have all the items and class info, if it has monster info in the Acts part then what else did the arreat summit have?

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    i only remember using arreat summit for rune word combinations/basic cube recipes

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

You could get the Book of Cain instead.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
    The Summit was nice for seeing how skills scaled as well. At least if you weren't just copying a build.

These days I imagine the fan community will put more effort into updating a D3 guide than GFraizer will.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

If you bought the regular edition from Blizzard you should be able to already pre-load it. Just log into your battle.net account and there should be a download waiting.

It does kind of suck that CE purchasers have to wait for pickup/delivery. I bought mine from Amazon, but even with release date delivery UPS won't bring it to my place until 6pm.

It'd be nice we could somehow get activation codes for the standard edition digitally and then separately activate the CE content once it arrives.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve

It does kind of suck that CE purchasers have to wait for pickup/delivery. I bought mine from Amazon, but even with release date delivery UPS won't bring it to my place until 6pm.

It'd be nice we could somehow get activation codes for the standard edition digitally and then separately activate the CE content once it arrives.
    That's why you work Tuesday and then take Wednesday off!

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna be on a five hour trip and I wanna play the beta noooooo

Curse you non-internet laden train

• SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    I didn't realize people were so excited to play the beta still, hehe.

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    I played it a number of times

Don't care want Diablo 3

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I have to make myself not play in order to not burn out on that part of the game.

They are still giving away more beta keys. I'm not sure this game needs any more hype, and we're just a month away from release. I suppose it can't hurt to have more people stressing the servers.

• DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    El Guaco wrote: »
    They are still giving away more beta keys. I'm not sure this game needs any more hype, and we're just a month away from release. I suppose it can't hurt to have more people stressing the servers.

Sorry, who? I'd like to check it out if possible...

This discussion has been closed.