Options

Phantasy Star Online 2 -- Beta Live, 3 Invites Available From Those Already In Game

• Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Boob sliders! YES!!!

Sega knows their audience so very well. I am concerned about the lack of MAGs in these videos, and with the weapons floating behind the characters, it's not looking too good. MAGs were seriously my favorite part of any game ever.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    Looking through the current PSO thread on GAF (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=438565&page=5) I saw a rather large dump of news and features about various game aspects and mechanics. Fear not, folks, MAGs are still in, although how they're gonna be implemented is something of a mystery right now.

• Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    What

Where did this come from?

Jesus Christ where do I sign up for this!?

• Options
    PSU did the same thing with MAGs, and we ended up with Partner Machines. Stop it, Sega. We asked for MAGs, give us MAGs, not some hip new version of MAGs that you think we will like.

• Options
    The movement looks a bit stiff. I like all the floating around, that looks really cool. Pretty much still a day 1 game for me, probably beta test if I can get in there.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    This looks exactly like what I want.

Has there been any indication it's coming out in the west, or is still officially Japan only?

Watching those videos...it looks like the engine was made specifically for this generations consoles on top of older PC's...I wonder when they're going to announce it for PS3/360.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    I'd rather play on PC. The Xbox servers for PSU were ghost towns compared to PC's. People don't want to pay for a live account on top of a subscription fee. Also, every PC player has a keyboard, which makes communication easier.

• Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    You didn't have to pay for Live on 360 and PSU.

also, this looks so good. SO GOOD.

www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    I can honestly say, in the entire time I played PSU on the 360, which was a couple years, I never once felt like it was even close to a ghost town.

On the other hand, when I played it on the PS2, prior to this, which shaered servers with the PC, even before I switched a few months after the game came out, to the 360, it was already a ghost town.

• Options
    Man, it doesn't mater what platform they put it on, so long as they just announce they'd be localizing it. All will be forgiven for PS Universe if that happens, Sega. You know you want to.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I'd buy this game twice. One to stick in a shrine and one to actually play.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    So apparently, PSO2 will be on PC, Vita, and smart phones. Also, no subscription needed, and so far the only items for sale in the virtual store are cosmetic items:

http://kotaku.com/5896343/phantasy-star-online-2-will-also-be-on-on-smartphones

I like the idea of having PSO in my pocket at all times, though my productivity will hate it.

Edit: Fuck yeah MAGs in the screenshots.

spookymuffin on
  • Options
    EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    The fact that it's Free-to-fucking-play is.... AWESOME. I wanted to believe it, but I didn't. I'm sorry Sega!

edit: Does the fact that it runs on smartphones also means that it'll run on tablets too?

EVOL on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    EVOL wrote: »
    The fact that it's Free-to-fucking-play is.... AWESOME. I wanted to believe it, but I didn't. I'm sorry Sega!
    It really is the second coming of Phantasy Star Online! WE'RE NOT WORTHY!! WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FucbvoFFy0

Grimthwacker on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    If the Phantasy Star MMOs left a positive impression on me, I would be saying right now, "Oh, looks like I'll be buying a Vita."

• Options
    I was almost considering it, but then they said smart phones so that's good for my wallet.

I wonder how hard it will to be to get into that beta test.

• Options
    Ugh, I get their desire to put it on Vita given the success of the PSP's on the...PSP...

Anyway, It'd still be nice to play this on my 360 or something, but then I also understand they probably don't want to splinter populations again because that sure as hell didn't help PSU.

Either way, I just want them to announce it for the US for fucks sake. I'm fine at this point with playing it on the pc. I've got myself a 360 controller and a good PC. Bring it. I need more PSO.

Also, why is it that if there's a screenshot/art for a game that has tits in it, Kotaku always uses that? I'm sure there are hundreds of screenshots of character creation, in-game menus, on the ground battles, etc for the game that isn't some fanservice titty shot just to garner hits. Fucking hate kotaku so much aruggghghbblblarear

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Yeah it's kotaku. They gotta do what they can since they aren't exactly known for their award winning reporting.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    You saying you hate titties? Shame.

I would like something as far as a release date for this thing for us, though. I like it being on PC because everyone has a keyboard, and it's easier to communicate with people if they aren't using a controller to mash out text-like responses.

They're saying that the Vita and PC versions are linked, which is awesome, but I'm wondering if the smartphone versions will have anything beneficial from playing it, other than "Oh hey, PSO on my phone!" Like maybe you can level up skills or your MAG or something on your phone while you're away from your home.

• Options
    astronautcowboy3astronautcowboy3 Registered User regular
    Dude, feed your MAG on the go. With push notifications when it's time to feed! AWESOME! Apparently you can also check your auctions and storefront or whatever. And maybe there are minigames (knowing Japan, Meseta slots).

The JRPG Club: Video game reviews, vocabulary lists and other resources for Japanese learners.
    PSN: astronautcowboy 3DS: 5343-8146-1833
    I have Sega, Nintendo and Xbox games and systems for sale. Please help me buy diapers.
  • Options
    AoiAoi Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I was almost considering it, but then they said smart phones so that's good for my wallet.

I wonder how hard it will to be to get into that beta test.

The smartphone game is something completely different from the PC/Vita games. Sega stated in their Beta announcement the other day that the mobile version will be a much simpler game, that will have a big emphasis on social elements.

As for how hard it will be to get into the beta test??

Follow their steps and it's actually pretty simple to sign up.

Aoi on
  • Options
    TalezTalez Registered User new member
    Man, it doesn't mater what platform they put it on, so long as they just announce they'd be localizing it. All will be forgiven for PS Universe if that happens, Sega. You know you want to.

People are seeing English localizations data mining the alphas.

• Options
    astronautcowboy3astronautcowboy3 Registered User regular
    I'm in the beta. Anyone else?

The JRPG Club: Video game reviews, vocabulary lists and other resources for Japanese learners.
    PSN: astronautcowboy 3DS: 5343-8146-1833
    I have Sega, Nintendo and Xbox games and systems for sale. Please help me buy diapers.
  • Options
    Aw crap, forgot about the beta. I've got some stuff to do before I can sink my life into this one. Can you talk about it at all? Does it feel like PSO or the evil stinky PSU?

• Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    I'm in the beta now. Hurray!

• Options
    KasiusKasius not kaseius Registered User regular
    Also in the beta. Less than two days until it starts! Can't wait.

Any particular ship you guys are gonna play on?

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I signed up, but I guess I might not have gotten in? Sadface. :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mageormikemageormike Registered User regular
    Also in the beta. Starts the 19th Japan time, so Wednesday night over here I'm guessing.

• Options
    KasiusKasius not kaseius Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I signed up, but I guess I might not have gotten in? Sadface. :(

you still have a bit over a day to get an invite.

it starts at 3 am EST on the 19th.

Kasius on
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Phantasy Star 4 is my favorite game of all time.

I will be following this like nobody's business.

• Options
    I'm in the beta. Anyone else?

I'm in the beta as well. Really looking forward to giving it a go.

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    i got in too!! just gotta figure out how to install this sucker

• Options
    So if I'm reading a recent update right, it looks like once you create a character on a ship this time, you can't move them from ship to ship, so it might not be a bad idea for the few people playing the beta to pick one out ahead of time. Apparently a lot of english speakers are going to be starting on Ship 2, sooo that might be the best idea overall :D

• Options
    RobesRobes Registered User regular
    Hm. I finished and it seemed like everything was successful, but i didn't get that final email like they mentioned.

"Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • Options
    So I signed up for the wrong beta XD. I went back and redid it, only to find that the button to sign up for PSO2 is actually unclickable :(

• Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    Wait. What Beta did you sign up for?

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I dunno honestly. The instructions say to click on the 4th one for the PSO2 service , but PSO2 isn't the 4th one. The japanese writing just didn't match up. The pso2 one is like the 8th one.

"Now it’ll bring you to a page saying you’ve been sent another email. Congratulations, you’ve completed your SEGA ID registration. There should be a button in the middle of the page. Click on it to bring you to another page where it will let you register for additional services.
    The 4th one down(ファンタシースターオンライン2 メールマガジン ) is to subscribe to the PSO2 newsletter. Click on the button underneath it."

The 4th one is initiald.net Whatever that is XD

Robes on
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure the beta signups ended about a week ago for the PSO2 beta, which is why that button is greyed out for you.

• Options
    noooooooooo :(