Options

[Call of Duty] BLOPS2 The Game With No Last Stand Or Dead Man's Hand

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Treyarch proved with Black Ops that they have the balls to stand up and do something they know the community's going to have a fit over (removal of stopping power, quick-scoping, etc), and I'm just hoping they have the nerve to do it again this November.

I spent all night last night running around with a PSG quick scoping people in black ops.

Don't know why you insist on lying about this fact, ducks.

They've also seen the controversy caused by Assassin in MW3, so I doubt they're going to make the same mistake twice.

What MW3 assassin controversy? I guess EMP protection is pretty stupid, but to be fair, support streaks and the EMP are the problem, not assassin.

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    It's true that quickscoping exists again, after Treyarch made a few patches, but it's nowhere near as prevalent, easy, or effective as it is in MW2-3. I'm not a quickscoper, by any stretch of the imagination: I do it occasionally in private matches, when we're just dicking around. In Black Ops, I'm passable. I'm pretty average at it, to be honest. I wouldn't take that strategy into an actual game, although some people certainly could. In MW2-3, I can quickscope and do well with it. It's incredibly easy.

When I say that Treyarch removed quickscoping, I mean that because it's true. It's not a lie at all. They effectively did remove it. It's true that it eventually returned after some patches, but it's also true that it's nowhere near the same as it is in the Modern Warfare series. It's something that now exists again in BLOPs, sure, but it was a selling point for Modern Warfare 3.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    I don't think you can commend a company for "doing something that was hugely unpopular with the fan base" if the first thing they do once the fan base bitches is add the thing back in.

I'm much more competent sniping in Blops than I am in MW3. Mostly because of the speed of the game. Blopses super slow pace means quick scoping doesn't need to be as 'good' as it is in MW2/3 because the other person is going to mosey around a corner at 2 feet per minute any second now and then 2 or three seconds later they might start shooting in my general vicinity and then after two or three more seconds of shooting their gun might actually hit me three or four times and kill me. And in those few seconds I can pull off five or six sniper rounds that'll kill in one shot. Sniping is more effective in blops than MW2/3 because of the imbalance the sniper rifles have over all the other guns and because of the slow pace of the game.

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    Tubes are so stupid underpowered in mw3

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Black Ops is a lot of fun now. It's easier than I remember. I do look forward to seeing what Treyarch will do with Blops 2 as well. If they can just pick up the game's pace a little bit and do something to improve kill-streaks it'll be pretty decent.

Wait, did I wake up in an episode of "Sliders" where people actually LIKE a Treyarch game? That's like the episode where they find an "almost-earth" where little things are different, like the Golden Gate bridge is blue instead of red.

I thought we were supposed to hate Treyarch?

My entire universe is upside down. Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnrgh..

Golden Gate Bridge is ORANGE.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Fucking nice, lol.

My wife got me a some Turtle Beach X41s last night as a surprise, because my old headset's been giving me hell for a few months. Super excited about it. I seriously needed a new headset, and these are a step up from the X11s I was using before.

My only complaint about the X41s: they chew through AAAs like candy. I'm lucky if a pair lasts a week (5-7 days of use, 3-5 hours a night for reference). So 4 rechargeable AAAbatteries and you're set.

Luckily, it's super easy to replace on the fly. You can do it without taking the headset off since both batteries go in the same direction.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Double XP weekend is this weekend and its live right now if anyone cares.

• Options
    GccPoseidonGccPoseidon Registered User regular
    I may not be on tonight, but the wife and kids are heading to Ohio for the week tomorrow morning. I'll be around and bored for most of the next 7 days. We need to play games :)

• Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    Next week (mon-wed) will be tthe last time for the foreseeable future that I can play video games as much as I want, whenever I want.

XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    I may not be on tonight, but the wife and kids are heading to Ohio for the week tomorrow morning. I'll be around and bored for most of the next 7 days. We need to play games :)

Kaaaaaaaaaaaaay 8->

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Next week (mon-wed) will be the last time for the foreseeable future that I can play video games as much as I want, whenever I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ
    What will we do without you?!

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular

Yeah, TWIST HIS ARM whydontcha? Sheesh.

(I may or may not be around, as I'm currently beating on the TERA beta to let me in.)

There will be manshooting at some point though.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    BLOPS2 is going to be another rehash on the same engine as the past decade with no balance, stupid glitches and retarded perks that facilitate frustrating gameplay.

See you November.

• Options
    Next week (mon-wed) will be tthe last time for the foreseeable future that I can play video games as much as I want, whenever I want.

Prestige and use the token to reset your stats. It's not like you'll ever get a chance to play again.

Also I hope you picked up a decent gunsafe to keep things secure while the kid is there

• Options
    Also I hope you don't get arrested for kidnapping

• Options
    He's crossing state lines so it will be that or trafficking

• Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Alright, to hell with this beta thing Modern Warfare 3.

Time to shoot some people and have it cause no effect, and have grenades go off three seconds before actual fuse because... no reason, lulz.

This is retarded. I cannot participate with you folks, whatever the hell the connection is doing in some configurations of PAers is making it damn near unplayable for me.

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    You on the PS2 beta vin?

• Options
    MrVyngaard wrote: »

(I may or may not be around, as I'm currently beating on the TERA beta to let me in.)

• Options
    Welllllll fine then mr knowitall

• Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    Come play. Me and Vyn need more people.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Those were some good games and I'll be back on later after I watch some Hockey.

I finally got high kill total games with the PKP, which I liked, but hadn't done well with. I even managed it with the RDS instead of the Silencer. Got to fill them bars. And a good game with the USAS, but I think my problem with that gun is I don't remember to use it like a semi auto and expect it to be more like a pump action with a one shot kill.

• Options
    hockey

then maybe shooting

or maybe shooters

depends

• Options
    Come play. Me and Vyn need more people.

Sorry about that last match. It's just.. dammit.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    1) Tubes are so underpowered its laughable, kill radius? Like 3 feet from POI
    2) MW2 learned me real gud at how to counter tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7PelrbwA2I

Seriously how was that not a double?

iRevert on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Which one of you people is coming to Columbus next week?

• Options
    GccPoseidonGccPoseidon Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    joshgotro wrote: »
    Which one of you people is coming to Columbus next week?

I am. I am flying in Sunday (4/29) and I'll be there until Wednesday afternoon.

GccPoseidon on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Played CoD4 yesterday for a while. Only fell into one hacked lobby. Shit's so fun when it's not ruined. I really miss that game. I don't miss that fucking M40A3, though. I mean, you render the people who use it (everybody) fucking useless if you just slap on Juggernaut, but it sucks that you have to run that setup all the time just so you aren't getting one-shotted in the foot every time you pop around a corner. Still, though. Shit's so cash.

[edit] Also, I've never understood why the M16's considered overpowered and cheap, while the M40A3 ACOG's considered "all pro"; they both kill people with a single pull of the trigger. Is it just because the M40 makes you jump through some hoops to do it?

milk ducks on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Played CoD4 yesterday for a while. Only fell into one hacked lobby. Shit's so fun when it's not ruined. I really miss that game. I don't miss that fucking M40A3, though. I mean, you render the people who use it (everybody) fucking useless if you just slap on Juggernaut, but it sucks that you have to run that setup all the time just so you aren't getting one-shotted in the foot every time you pop around a corner. Still, though. Shit's so cash.

[edit] Also, I've never understood why the M16's considered overpowered and cheap, while the M40A3 ACOG's considered "all pro"; they both kill people with a single pull of the trigger. Is it just because the M40 makes you jump through some hoops to do it?

Probably. People are weird in the connections they make. BTW, I really didn't get into the CoD series until MW2, then kinda late. So what was the big deal of removing Stopping Power and Juggernaut? One made your weapons more powerful the other made you harder to kill, right? Basically the are a counter to one another and occupied the same slot. What was the problem then? I'd assume it was the combination of the perks with certain weapons/techniques that made them OP. Wouldn't adding these perks back into the same slot as Ghost/Assassin solve a lot of problems or would it just complicate things more?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Probably. People are weird in the connections they make. BTW, I really didn't get into the CoD series until MW2, then kinda late. So what was the big deal of removing Stopping Power and Juggernaut? One made your weapons more powerful the other made you harder to kill, right? Basically the are a counter to one another and occupied the same slot. What was the problem then? I'd assume it was the combination of the perks with certain weapons/techniques that made them OP. Wouldn't adding these perks back into the same slot as Ghost/Assassin solve a lot of problems or would it just complicate things more?

How to make best COD game ever

1) Copy MW2
    2) Remove OMA refilling tubes
    3) Add new maps
    4) Add new killstreaks
    5) Last stand is negated by headshots, explosives, and shotguns

Every single one of us would run out and buy that game and love it.

• Options
    iRevert wrote: »

1) Copy MW2
    3) Add new maps
    4) Add new killstreaks

What about SCAV refilling tubes or explosives in general? I remember Claymore spam being a pain in the ass too.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options

1) Copy MW2
    3) Add new maps
    4) Add new killstreaks

What about SCAV refilling tubes or explosives in general? I remember Claymore spam being a pain in the ass too.

Your asking the guy who wasn't around for the javelin glitch yet still has more kills than half of this thread combined with it if Scavenger shouldn't refill explosives?

Logo2_revisedweb.jpg

• Options

1) Copy MW2
    3) Add new maps
    4) Add new killstreaks

Your asking the guy who wasn't around for the javelin glitch yet still has more kills than half of this thread combined with it if Scavenger shouldn't refill explosives?

Logo2_revisedweb.jpg

Hmmmmm.....good point.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    so are these new maps good? honestly im not super into mw3 these days, but im still kinda interested.

• Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I haven't played on any of the maps, but they look nice. Sanctuary looks like an awesome FFA map, I'm probably going to run Survival on it after I take care of some chores.

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    edited April 2012

1) Copy MW2
    3) Add new maps
    4) Add new killstreaks

Gimme a crossbow and I'm in.

Oh, and if it had MW2's smoothness. Not this "we made things fairer by crippling everyone with a horrific lag compensation system that is compensating because it can't really".

MrVyngaard on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    I miss mercy

• Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    Honestly this is why I'm not a fan of the annual release schedule. I was fine with MW2. Then everyone had to move to Black Ops, and I didn't like it much at all. And then I got MW3 because I thought we could get the band back together, and it just sort of fell off. I'd probably still be happy playing MW2 with all you guys now if they'd done nothing but release map packs.

@vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    So what was the big deal of removing Stopping Power and Juggernaut? One made your weapons more powerful the other made you harder to kill, right? Basically the are a counter to one another and occupied the same slot. What was the problem then? I'd assume it was the combination of the perks with certain weapons/techniques that made them OP. Wouldn't adding these perks back into the same slot as Ghost/Assassin solve a lot of problems or would it just complicate things more?

The issue was that Stopping Power and Juggernaut were hands-down the only perks that mattered, and they're boring: you can kill with 1 less bullet, or you can survive 1 extra bullet, basically. And that's really powerful. Compared to them, even UAV Jammer / Camouflage / Cold Blooded were considered second-tier. Removing them allowed for more diverse playstyles. We've got a lot of Ghosts / Assassins now, but we've also got a ton of people using Hardline, Scavenger, Flak Jacket, etc: it's not just Stopping Power all day erry day, and that's been a good move for the series, as far as I'm concerned. Adding them back in would certainly make Ghost / Assassin less prevalent, but it would also automatically become the perk that everyone uses, because it's that good. None of the other options would matter.

• Options
    Willeth wrote: »
    Honestly this is why I'm not a fan of the annual release schedule. I was fine with MW2. Then everyone had to move to Black Ops, and I didn't like it much at all. And then I got MW3 because I thought we could get the band back together, and it just sort of fell off. I'd probably still be happy playing MW2 with all you guys now if they'd done nothing but release map packs.

It's funny how divisive the series is now, too. I can't stand the Modern Warfare series anymore. There's nothing about it I enjoy. Other people hated Black Ops, and want nothing to do with it. It's neat that, because of the staggered annual release schedule, both camps get what they want, though. I mean, I think the best solution would be just to skip the next Treyarch game if you didn't like BLOPs; all indications point to this next one being really similar. I've pretty much decided I'm never buying another Modern Warfare game, you know? That way, it doesn't feel like an annual release schedule -- you and your friends get a new game to play every two years, basically.