Options

[Chat] Thread

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    One of my old students is now on a roller derby team. There are lots of photos on facebook. They are very odd.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    One of my old students is now on a roller derby team. There are lots of photos on facebook. They are very odd.

It is strange. Also, some leagues are "going straight"

http://publicaddress.net/fieldtheory/going-legit/

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Buying tickets for the Louvre online is an frustrating. There 2 resellers: one for the US and one world-wide but the only options are to pay with credit card and either pick them up in a shop in France or to deliver them with DHL for 25€.

@Mojo_Jojo do you have any experience with buying tickets at a Carrefour or Virgin Mégastore?

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Aldo wrote: »
    Buying tickets for the Louvre online is an frustrating. There 2 resellers: one for the US and one world-wide but the only options are to pay with credit card and either pick them up in a shop in France or to deliver them with DHL for 25€.

@Mojo_Jojo do you have any experience with buying tickets at a Carrefour or Virgin Mégastore?

That is weird. I have no experience with buying tickets at French Virgin but I used to do it all the time back in Manchester. It was a special desk somewhere in the upper reaches of the building.

It can't be so difficult though. I imagine you'll just need to go to a specific store with your card and they'll hand you the tickets.

Sorry, I'm not very useful here.

Edit: Wait, you're under 26, aren't you. The Louvre should be free for you.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    Morning chat (well, more like after noon)!

Here is my soundtrack for today:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjsH82IFfp0&ob=av2n

Video is pretty shit but the song is aamazzinnng

• Options
    edited April 2012

That is weird. I have no experience with buying tickets at French Virgin but I used to do it all the time back in Manchester. It was a special desk somewhere in the upper reaches of the building.

It can't be so difficult though. I imagine you'll just need to go to a specific store with your card and they'll hand you the tickets.

I am. Wait, can you just walk up to one of the side entrances, show your passport and get in? :o

Yep. I did this myself when I was a young 25 year old stallion.

Edit, Louvre website:
    La gratuité d'accès aux collections permanentes du musée du Louvre et au musée Eugène-Delacroix est accordée, sur présentation d'un justificatif en cours de validité, pour :
    - les moins de 18 ans
    - les jeunes de 18 à 25 ans résidents dans l'un des pays de l'Espace Economique Européen
    - les enseignants titulaires du Pass Éducation
    - les enseignants en histoire des arts, histoire de l'art, arts plastiques, arts appliqués, en activité, sur présentation d'un justificatif mentionnant la matière enseignée
    - les artistes plasticiens affiliés à la Maison des Artistes et à l'AIAP (Association internationale des arts plastiques)
    - les demandeurs d'emploi et les bénéficiaires des minima sociaux (justificatif daté de moins d'un an)
    - les visiteurs handicapés et leur accompagnateur.
    So, it's only the permanent collections that are free. You get a reduced rate for the special exhibitions though (I've a feeling they are also free for under 26's between 6pm and 10pm)

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options

I am. Wait, can you just walk up to one of the side entrances, show your passport and get in? :o

• Options

I'm more of a young otter, but OK awesome! Thanks for the tip.

• Options

I had to check on Urban Dictionary to see what you were talking about

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Ugh, the Yogscast guys.

One of them I can stand. It's the ear-piercing man-screech guy I loathe. My rule for Yogs videos is to stop watching as soon as my ears start to bleed.

For this video I lasted for five seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHmEBD9XUXs

• Options
    Kalkino wrote: »

Huh? Why? Does "young otter" mean anything specific?

• Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular

A young, inexperienced bear.

• Options
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Damn, damn what they say about me?
    I don't know man, fuck is on your biscuit
    If I get hit, swinging on a big bitch
    I don't know man, I'm shittin' on your whole life

MrMister on
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    P(Hand-1 | Hand-2) > P(Hand-1)
    P(Hand-1 | not-Hand-3) > P(Hand-1)

It follows from Bayes’ Theorem that

P(Hand-2 | Hand-1) > P(Hand-2)
    P(not-Hand-3 | Hand-1) > P(not-Hand-3); and
    hence P(Hand-3 | Hand-1) < P(Hand-3)

Fuck this shit.

• Options
    That's more hands than I have.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    That's more hands than I have.

It's more patience than I have.

• Options
    Leitner wrote: »

Indeed!

• Options

Oooh, that would be super useful.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Hmmm. Now if only I could remember what the super-duper insight I had yesterday night ten minutes before bed was.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ronya wrote: »
    Hmmm. Now if only I could remember what the super-duper insight I had yesterday night ten minutes before bed was.

Wasps are just lazy bees!

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    :bz

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    If you find someone who's equally smart and well-informed as you are, and they disagree with you about something--something where, before discovering the disagreement, you would have said they were just as likely to be right as you--what should you do?

Answer: you should suspend judgment.

• Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    Just played that card game 7 Wonders - very impressive game.

@Echo - you should get that too!

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Just played that card game 7 Wonders - very impressive game.

@Echo - you should get that too!

Yeah, it's pretty good, especially for a casual crowd. The only obnoxious thing the the labyrinthine science scoring system (and the fact that the wonders don't seem balanced).

• Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Just beat the Diablo 3 beta.

Yep. I'm buying this game.

All the fun of Diablo2, none of the bullshit born of twelve year old game design.

Meh to Diablo 3

But if Blizzard wants to get around to releasing the next installment of Starcraft 2? Like, ever? That would be awesome.

All in good time - considering it was over ten years between starcraft 1 and 2, they could get into a 3-4 year schedule for each release and be considered to be moving at a good pace.

Just to be contrary, Starcraft 1 came out on March 31st, 1998 and Brood War came out November 30th, 1998.

The production value of the stuff they are making today doesn't compare. It takes much longer when working with the kind of hardware and art asset detail to deliver a product.

Blizzard is also being judged MUCH more harshly than they were back then because people expect total perfection from them due to their overwhelming success in the industry. Anything less and their stuff is considered "meh" or "below expectations".

So, since they pull in over a hundred million dollars a month in subscriber fees, and more on top of that in software sales there really isn't any reason for them to release anything until they want to.

Yeah, they went from making one of the most popular games of all time with starcraft, to making one of the other most popular games of all time with Diablo II, to making one of the most dominantly popular and financially successful games of all time with WoW. That's not a streak you want to break by releasing a subpar product.

I think I would actually like Blizzard to be like a super-popular actor and take the time to just release some indie-ish things. Fuck it, you're rich as hell, why not take some risks?

I know they won't, because that's hardly Bobby Kotick's style, but I can dream.

I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    I've been meaning to read up on 7 Wonders.

I've been reading that Valve employee handbook. Man, that sounds like a really interesting place to work at.

• Options
    Leitner wrote: »

Indeed!
    OK, I did not know that. o_O

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I thought the term was "bear cub"

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    @Deebaser

Why do you want to ruin my dream? i know how it is in the game industry, that's exactly why I want to have a job in it, so i can change it for the better from within. If It don't work, i can always do, well, just about anything i set my mind to, really.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i was still a tad jetlagged and tired from this week so yesterday i went to nap at 6 and set an alarm for 8 so i could go to some guy's bday party

but i set it too quietly and then turned it off it seems and slept till 1

so i wasnt gonna go then

and then i slept from 2-6:30

whoops at missing his party, yay for lots of sleep

poo
  • Options
    Some people missed my birthday because they accidentally napped until midnight.

Still should've come, because that shit was just starting to get crazy at midnight!

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular

It really is! I kinda want one now.

sig.gif
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Richy wrote: »

It really is! I kinda want one now.

I really hope that "smooth transition" can be turned off. It's a touch too slow even just watching the demonstration.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    jgkqz.gif

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    This Bolt Action Pen is a thing I have ordered.

But I found it $10 cheaper than at ThinkGeek and it was in stock. Should be here tomorrow. :D

EDIT: That reminds me, @mim Look at this Pen!!

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Guys I installed Tribes. Friend Burnothy if you want to look good by comparison!

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    If you find someone who's equally smart and well-informed as you are, and they disagree with you about something--something where, before discovering the disagreement, you would have said they were just as likely to be right as you--what should you do?

Answer: you should suspend judgment.

That's silly because they aren't me and I believe in myself so I'm going to think I'm right.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    @Sparvy that song is pretty fun! Reminds me of Little Dragon for some reason.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    ow..,.. my fucking head.

This discussion has been closed.