As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Phallakinetic Finale - Day 9 - WITNESS THE ARMADA'S TRIUMPH

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    SLyM for voting for the same person for two days in a row! Also for being in the post-suburbs.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    What are you talking about when you say post boonies and post suburbs? I have never heard this type of expression before.

Is there a post downtown?

• Options
    Oh I know, it doesn't mean he isn't mafia! But it sort of attracts attention to do that, which is what is putting me off.

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    @Smoove Operator I am really struggling at this logic...First you say that wiet is probably mafia because a person who turned up village faction voted for him ON DAY ONE, which sort of invalidates any knowledge of him being in an opposing faction, then you point out my defense of wiet on day 2 of which I am defending for the same reasons prior stated in this sentence (which is really long, I know).

I mentioned in my post about sportz that I had other motivations on this I'm not yet prepared to share to the entire thread (you know, FACTION PHALLA) so it is what it is. This is detective work that I'm doing that makes him look uber shady. Further, he said several times "I AM DONE POSTING FOR TEH DAY LOLOLOL DUNA HAS TARGET ON HIS FAYCE". He proceeded to message me twenty minutes later, a full hour and ten minutes after he said "only here for a bit, LOL REG IS SUSPICIOUS AND I DONT HAVE TO EXPLAIN WHY OLOLOLOLOL"

Furthermore, this is how I always respond to this, over the top and angryface. So guess what, ALL PAR FOR THE COURSE BABY, YOU AINT LEARNED JACK SHIT FROM MY POSTS OTHER THAN FACT. Quit trying to find things that aren't there.

@Dunadan019 so our super secret deal to murder everybody is off? But our role PMs said we had to be nice!

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    There can be, let me add that TRV is in the Postoloplis, does that make it more clear? (It is a silly way of suggesting an amount of posts)

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    What are you talking about when you say post boonies and post suburbs? I have never heard this type of expression before.

Is there a post downtown?

We don't go to post downtown anymore...
    wil-smith-serious-face.jpg

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    no killing for me. I was actually planning on being dead before the weekend so I could go back into peaceful retirement.

• Options
    :whistle: Things can be great when you're DOWNTOWN! No finer place for sure, Downtown, everything's waiting for you, downtown! :whistle:

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    @REG Rysk You need to use double quotes to mention a person with a space in their name.

SHUT UP JDARK, MY SHIFT KEY IS BROKEN
    Gracias

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Can I be the cuddly companion for the players in the post penthouse?

• Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    It is not impossible for wiet to be mafia but it is less likely than everyone else in the game at this point.

That is shockingly similar to the conclusion I came to. Peccavi said that "wiet is not mafia." I disagreed with the absoluteness of the statement, but also said that I don't think the reasons for voting for Wiet were compelling.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Anialos wrote: »

This is making me think that the person in the post penthouse is gonna turn out to be evil and you want to be the cat that sits in their lap. :bz

• Options
    Retaba wrote: »

This is making me think that the person in the post penthouse is gonna turn out to be evil and you want to be the cat that sits in their lap. :bz

And thus, The Hivemind is born.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular

You'd rather I be the poor undernourished faithful animal companion of someone in the post slums?! Nay, for that is where the truly vile mafia lurk, barely scraping by whilst they plot against the establishment.

• Options
    It is not impossible for wiet to be mafia but it is less likely than everyone else in the game at this point.

That is shockingly similar to the conclusion I came to. Peccavi said that "wiet is not mafia." I disagreed with the absoluteness of the statement, but also said that I don't think the reasons for voting for Wiet were compelling.

Yet you are using it to indict me.

Do

Not

Understand

• Options

You'd rather I be the poor undernourished faithful animal companion of someone in the post slums?! Nay, for that is where the truly vile mafia lurk, barely scraping by whilst they plot against the establishment.

Of course not! I hear the post-suburbs are a good place for fuzzy cute animals, just don't go to the post-boonies. Really, the post-boonies are not the place for creatures. They do... things.

• Options

so why did you justify your vote for REG by tying him to wiet? and then state that reg being mafia would imply wiet was mafia (which is incorrect)

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Might I ask which departed soul? The context here could be important.

A healing empath pointed me in this direction.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    wiet is unlikely to be mafia. mafia might join a bandwagon on their partners but thats when it is relatively inevitable. relatively inevitable usually means more than 2 votes. at the time of his vote, there were about 6-7 people with 1 vote for them and wiet with 2 votes. throwing a vote on wiet at that point makes no sense. .

No, I disagree. That's a great time for a mafia to vote a fellow. Only two votes? That doesn't look dangerous, that looks like "I'll put a harmless vote on my mafia buddy so it looks good for us later" (were they both mafia). Now, coulda been a random vote or something, but saying that a mafia wouldn't do that is wrong.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    kime wrote: »
    wiet is unlikely to be mafia. mafia might join a bandwagon on their partners but thats when it is relatively inevitable. relatively inevitable usually means more than 2 votes. at the time of his vote, there were about 6-7 people with 1 vote for them and wiet with 2 votes. throwing a vote on wiet at that point makes no sense. .

No, I disagree. That's a great time for a mafia to vote a fellow. Only two votes? That doesn't look dangerous, that looks like "I'll put a harmless vote on my mafia buddy so it looks good for us later" (were they both mafia). Now, coulda been a random vote or something, but saying that a mafia wouldn't do that is wrong.

the timing of the vote was noonish with 2/3 of the day gone. an unlikely time to catapult a teammate into a lead.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Bah, this whole "being gone all day",thing sucks. Ringo hasn't been TOO herp derp this game, so I'll change my vote to anialos for the suspicious as hell narration reaction posts and this cat silliness while trying to avoid this whole wiet-reg rysk-any other wagon thing

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Bah, this whole "being gone all day",thing sucks. Ringo hasn't been TOO herp derp this game, so I'll change my vote to anialos for the suspicious as hell narration reaction posts and this cat silliness while trying to avoid this whole wiet-reg rysk-any other wagon thing

Mind explaining how my narration reaction is suspicious? Not really trying to avoid a wagon, just don't really see any reason to hop on one of them just yet. Of course if I hop on one now you'll say I'm mafia hiding on a wagon =p.

• Options
    It's part of the whole inactive activity thing mafia (and specials) use to keep their post counts upso theyre not picked up as inactive, while not taking an active stance people can call them on later in the game

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ah, yah, understandable! I shall endeavor to provide some POQ (posts of quality). Would be a crapload easier if vanilla wasn't time-skipping and messing with the magic box.

• Options
    To be fair, my inernt access has made it so I haven't been around to comment on most things either, since I've only gotten back after vote close every single day:( and talking about not being around, see everyone tomorrow! (unless I die)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    shalmelo wrote: »
    Holy shit, not only does Dunadan have at least one mafia member on his list, but he's actually providing reasonable, coherent analysis.

Duna, I don't know what's happened to you during your downtime, but I like it.

don't get used to it, I'm not coming back.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Holy shit, not only does Dunadan have at least one mafia member on his list, but he's actually providing reasonable, coherent analysis.

Duna, I don't know what's happened to you during your downtime, but I like it.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    I'm finding it a bit odd that Jdark, Spoit, and Winky all voted against Ringo within an hour or so after narration last night.
    Seems a bit strange for three people to all pick the same person in a very short time frame, unless they're in some form of cahoots.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I'm finding it a bit odd that Jdark, Spoit, and Winky all voted against Ringo within an hour or so after narration last night.
    Seems a bit strange for three people to all pick the same person in a very short time frame, unless they're in some form of cahoots.

It would stupid for people in cahoots to do that.

• Options
    Taya wrote: »

It would stupid for people in cahoots to do that.

Maybe they figure that others will figure it's a stupid idea, and therefore eliminate the thought that they are working together when they really are.

Actually you're probably right.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

If nobody else has more than one vote, pushing your mafia buddy up to three is a ridiculously risky thing to do. Did I overspeak by declaring that Wiet definitely isn't mafia? Yes, fine. I was trying to head off the posts of "Wiet's survived 2 bandwagon attempts! Clearly he must be protected by mafia!". No, that's bad logic. There's no evidence whatsoever that Wiet is mafia, and until someone reveals such evidence, continuing to vote for him rather than looking at what information we do have is just a distraction for the village. The mafia loves when the village is too lazy to do critical thinking.

• Options
    Well of those three Winky voted Wiet Day 1, can't find his day two vote if he made one, and has gone from a Ringo vote to hopping quickly onto an admittedly silly Kime wagon. None of his votes have come with any reasoning at all, and much like what I'd done to this point made up with fluff. My vote is currently on Kime because, well, he's always suspicious, but I think !Winky is even MORE delicious suspicious.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular

Do you really think 3 people who have been in contact got together and decided to start a bandwagon for Ringo with little explanation and expect it to last the entire day? Feel like this kinda post is thrown out there in hopes someone finds one of them suspicious to get some traction going.

I know I sometimes vote for people previously mentioned if I completely forgot they were in the game-doesn't really work for Ringo since he was a reserve.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    @SeGaTai, are you psychic? Does this mean you find TRV suspicious? What am I having for dinner?

• Options
    Turkey on rye?

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Noted.

• Options
    I'm sorry you two, but there is only room enough for one hivemind in this phalla.

• Options
    SeGa, I'm just making observations. I know most of them will probably be useless, but I'm hoping to do SOMETHING helpful before I die.

• Options
    TRV, realized my comment could have been read more hostile than I meant it. Just that those 3 votes were probably pretty meaningless, Ringo had just joined the game and was replacing infi who was too busy to really do very much it seemed. So that there 3 placeholder votes essentially is meaningful, that there all for Ringo seems unlikely to me.

PSN SeGaTai