Options

Que veux-tu, [chat]? Happy May Day!

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    why are you guys hating a movie that you haven't seen yet?

One of my super powers is that I know if something sucks / rocks without having to experience it.

I tend to disagree that this is an impossible thing. If I can't judge something without having experienced it in it's entirety, then you're arguing that it is not in fact possible to make an informed choice about which content to consume beforehand?

You can make a somewhat informed choice and it gets more informed the more research you do, but in practice not only can we not approach 100% certainty, I think we can maybe do, like, 80% at best. God knows I have just in the past month talked to a ton of people who were astonished by how much they enjoyed Cabin in the Woods.

It is possible I am confusing the normal circumstance, where I can point out several things I dislike about something, or dislike in presentation, and the person doesn't actually refute them or explain how it's not actually like that, they simply say "you can't judge it without seeing it".

And that is the story of how I ended up seeing Avatar. Though it did make me realize just how gimmicky 3D cinema really is.

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

One of my super powers is that I know if something sucks / rocks without having to experience it.

I tend to disagree that this is an impossible thing. If I can't judge something without having experienced it in it's entirety, then you're arguing that it is not in fact possible to make an informed choice about which content to consume beforehand?

I'm confused by your phrasing.

"I can judge X and Y without experiencing them in their entirety. Because of this ability, I am able to make an informed choice between X and Y without having to fully experience X and Y. If this were not the case, then I would only be able to make informed choices after I had fully experienced both X and Y."

Are those words akin to your words?

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    If Enders game ever comes out it better be in 3D and include Rats hobby of playing with holographic male genitalia.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Thanatos wrote: »
    @Jacobkosh You want Torchlight?

oh, uh, sure!

why do you have it/are giving it away?
    Yeah, I've got a copy my buddies and I got for buying a four-pack of Torchlight II. You're one of the few people on my friends list who doesn't have it.

cool, ok! thank you! I've been curious about it.
    @Jacobkosh Accept PotatoNinja's friend request.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

like a ps3 and rock band

do... do you have a camera on me right now?

Because I am currently in the process playing the second thing you mentioned on the first thing you mentioned

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    If Enders game ever comes out it better be in 3D and include Rats hobby of playing with holographic male genitalia.

If there's one thing I'm certain you won't see in any adaptation of Ender's Game, it's the nudity. I'm sure they'll even figure it out for the shower scene.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    OSC is a creepy repressed gay dude. Very sad.

• Options
    edited May 2012

You can make a somewhat informed choice and it gets more informed the more research you do, but in practice not only can we not approach 100% certainty, I think we can maybe do, like, 80% at best. God knows I have just in the past month talked to a ton of people who were astonished by how much they enjoyed Cabin in the Woods.

It is possible I am confusing the normal circumstance, where I can point out several things I dislike about something, or dislike in presentation, and the person doesn't actually refute them or explain how it's not actually like that, they simply say "you can't judge it without seeing it".

And that is the story of how I ended up seeing Avatar. Though it did make me realize just how gimmicky 3D cinema really is.

Yeah. I'm grateful for my super power. It has enabled me to avoid seeing many, many shitty movies.

_J_ on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »

If there's one thing I'm certain you won't see in any adaptation of Ender's Game, it's the nudity. I'm sure they'll even figure it out for the shower scene.

The movie theaters it is shown in will be crushed under the blatant, heavy-handed political and religious messages anyway.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Just for the record, I fucking hate ninja draft saves of posts.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

oh, uh, sure!

Yeah, I've got a copy my buddies and I got for buying a four-pack of Torchlight II. You're one of the few people on my friends list who doesn't have it.

@Jacobkosh Accept PotatoNinja's friend request.

done!

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Man, I really hope the Cloud Atlas film will be good. If nothing else, seeing Hugh Grant playing a Korean slaveowner should be entertaining.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

oh, uh, sure!

It's good! Did torchlight 2 come out?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options

He is?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

oh, uh, sure!

No, there was a promo where preorders for Torchlight 2 received a free copy of Torchlight.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    holy shit they made a movie of "The Sweeney"

I hope it's good

• Options
    I think my keyboard might be getting worn out. Keys are getting stiff. Time to get a new one and Logan's Run this one.

• Options

oh, uh, sure!

No, there was a promo where preorders for Torchlight 2 received a free copy of Torchlight.

hmmm

looking at the preorder page on steam it appears there won't be an osx version

I hope that changes

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    @PotatoNinja thanks, man!

• Options
    Don't thank me

Thank Thanatos

no wait that only encourages him

so yeah actually thank me instead

yer welcome.

• Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    I finish the book this month!

(I'm quickly losing grasp on any 'if all goes well' qualifiers; even the clubs that yield enough info to write on are petering out on storylines. I still need to do due diligence and make sure I'm not missing anything, but there doesn't look to be that much more to miss. ETA remains close of business on the 25th.)

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    fuckin had a rage out tonight

slammed my face into the desk a couple of times

forehead wounds bleed like crazy

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular

He is?
    He oscillates between being board member for NOM and writing the most homoerotic shit you could ever read.

• Options

what the fuck

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

what the fuck

bipolar, bro

• Options

what the fuck

bipolar, bro

is one of those poles LoL or r/mensrights

• Options

what the fuck

bipolar, bro

unrelated

• Options

what the fuck

bipolar, bro

srsly. I didn't think that biopolar meant one lost all notions of self-preservation.

• Options
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    jacob if you want to talk about it i am on gtalk and vent

but 'what the fuck' is not a fantastic comment to make :p

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Good morning [chat].

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    turned on

Ansset when he is fifteen (though he still has the body of a 10-year-old.) Kyaran has a boyfriend called Josif who is, in his own words, sixty two percent homosexual and the rest heterosexual.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    NOM is a terrible acronym because it makes me think of NOM NOM NOM

• Options
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Good morning [chat].

Morning.

• Options
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I just ordered that book. used on amazon for like $5 shipped... also apparently I own Ender's Game

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular

Which thanks to you, always makes me think of vaginas with teeth.

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Every day on my way to work, I see a lollypop lady helping kids across the road. However she is doing so at a pedestrian crossing, making her entirely redundant. This makes me a little sad inside every day.

MORNING.

Campy on
  • Options

Which thanks to you, always makes me think of vaginas with teeth.

my work here is done

This discussion has been closed.