As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Presidential Election Thread] All Hail the Liberty Rooster.

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Hey, at least black people made it into this picture. Sure, they have to stand at the back of the painting, but they're in there.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Wait, native Americans are 'foreign hordes' now?

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Well are they WASPs?

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    I hate that you can post that painting from Bioshock and it seems more realistic than stuff that is actually being produced by Right Wing nutjobs.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    That is a Bioshock Infinite poster. I am totally pumped for it.

• Options
    Oh, haha, that's from Bioshock Infinite. I thought it was from the dude who painted the previous ones.

• Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Oh, haha, that's from Bioshock Infinite. I thought it was from the dude who painted the previous ones.

That's the joke.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    Yes. Thank you.

I got it.

• Options
    UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    The entries in the interactive version of that are so good. Marbury v. Madison is actually one of those case documents on the ground, hailed as a travesty alongside Roe v. Wade. The one for the professor (clutching his Origin of Species book, of course) is pretty great, too.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I'd love to see a painting by this guy that expresses what he likes, as opposed to blind lunatic reactionaryism.

I'm guessing Jesus and Reagan kicking people off the wall they built between the US and Mexico after the repeal of the 14th Amendment.

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Apparently Teddy R "lost" to the righteous conservative wing of the Republican party after he turned "left". (before or after they :disqualified" about 20-25 of his delegates?) But that's ok, even though Wilson won the election Teddy still kicked Tafts ass.

• Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    Is Lincoln doing Al Jolson? That seems bizarrely inappropriate for the Great Emancipator.

p55498l4dse.jpg

That made me laugh, and you should feel bad about that. :oops:

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Kruite wrote: »
    Apparently Teddy R "lost" to the righteous conservative wing of the Republican party after he turned "left". (before or after they :disqualified" about 20-25 of his delegates?) But that's ok, even though Wilson won the election Teddy still kicked Tafts ass.

which was really what he wanted to do.

• Options
    I'd love to see a painting by this guy that expresses what he likes, as opposed to blind lunatic reactionaryism.

I'm guessing Jesus and Reagan kicking people off the wall they built between the US and Mexico after the repeal of the 14th Amendment.

elegant-horse-pictures_2206_54847022

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    KalTorak wrote: »
    That guy has terrible hacksawing technique. The chain is still slack, man!

God, no wonder you don't have a job.

And he's blonde, too. It's like the artist is slapping me all over the face.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Jobs: +115k, 8.1%. Things are... not getting worse!

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    The more I look at that thing, the less I understand it.

I'm glad it's on the last page. With any luck I'll forget it when the next stupid thing is posted.

one_nation_under_God.jpg

You're welcome.

Also, fun interactive version! Can you find Satan in the picture?

For Pete's sake. On the interactive version, if you hover your mouse over the American flag way in the background, it tells you that each of the stars on the flag is supposed to represent a different state (duh). It goes on to add, "Some stars shine brighter than others."

Oh shut the fuck up.

SammyF on
  • Options
    TenekTenek Registered User regular

Eh. Pretty mediocre, really.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I'm guessing W isn't at the table because his era of Republicans are teetotalling prudes who don't drink or gamble.

And seriously, are they on angel dust or something? No joke in the world is that funny. Blazing Saddles isn't that funny, and it's the funniest thing in existence.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

But they aren't getting better as fast as they should! We should be adding 500k jobs a month! (this is a thing that Romney said, it has also happened like 16 out of 23,184 months that we've been tracking this)

It's not a great report and it is a downward trend for employment. Hopefully things will pick up more. One wonders how things would look if the GOP was capable of doing anything other than doubling down on failed policy regardless of their potential for passage or indeed effectiveness.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »

That's the joke.

It had me for a second there, it was really convincing. Damn you Poe's Law!

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Regarding that constitution picture, WHO THE HELL TRASLUCENT GUY ON THE FAR LEFT!!!??

Scared the Bejeesus out of me. I gotta find the Cthulu version of this picture, it's far less disturbing.

Also, gotta love how Bioshock Infinite has parodied (most likely unintentionally) this style.

• Options
    Mad King GeorgeMad King George Registered User regular
    What the f...? All those founding fathers and no Button Gwinnett?

This poster's a sham.

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    Regarding that constitution picture, WHO THE HELL TRASLUCENT GUY ON THE FAR LEFT!!!??

Scared the Bejeesus out of me. I gotta find the Cthulu version of this picture, it's far less disturbing.

Also, gotta love how Bioshock Infinite has parodied (most likely unintentionally) this style.

If you mean the guy on the center right, that's clearly the Emperor

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    SicariiSicarii The Roose is Loose Registered User regular
    There was a guy who did a line-item critique of all the flaw symbolism in that guy's paintings. It was a really long list.

gotsig.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Some webcomicer did a rewrite of all the captions that was pretty funny.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    There are literally only two reasons why a party holds their convention in a particular state.
    History doesn't hold up there.

DNC 2004 = Boston
    RNC 2004 = NYC (but may have been targeting NJ)
    DNC 2000 = LA
    DNC 1996 = Chicago
    RNC 1996 = San Diego
    DNC 1992 = NYC
    RNC 1992 = Houston

RNC in 2000 (Philly) and 2008 conventions (Col[d] and Minn[r]) hold up to that pattern but its not a long term trend.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Wait, he included Thomas 'Payne' in that painting?

Uhhhh, ok duder.

• Options
    What the f...? All those founding fathers and no Button Gwinnett?

This poster's a sham.

You think that's a travesty?

Brigadier General John Stark isn't even MENTIONED!

• Options
    finalflight89finalflight89 Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Some webcomicer did a rewrite of all the captions that was pretty funny.

shortpacked.com/McNaughton%20Fine%20Art.htm

• Options
    Mad King GeorgeMad King George Registered User regular
    Somebody should 'shop out Jesus for Ben Stiller and put a Night at the Museum 3 title on that thing.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    There are literally only two reasons why a party holds their convention in a particular state.
    History doesn't hold up there.

DNC 2004 = Boston
    RNC 2004 = NYC (but may have been targeting NJ)
    DNC 2000 = LA
    DNC 1996 = Chicago
    RNC 1996 = San Diego
    DNC 1992 = NYC
    RNC 1992 = Houston

RNC in 2000 (Philly) and 2008 conventions (Col[d] and Minn[r]) hold up to that pattern but its not a long term trend.

NYC was to run on 9/11

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Pi-r8Pi-r8 Registered User regular

Depends what number you look at, really. Unemployment went down, but then there's this.
    Participation-Rate.jpg

• Options
    BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular
    Pi-r8 wrote: »

Depends what number you look at, really. Unemployment went down, but then there's this.
    Participation-Rate.jpg

Old people.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular

Participation-Rate.jpg

So you're saying that we're finally back to Reagan levels?

• Options
    HotandnerdyHotandnerdy Hot and Nerdy Kansas CityRegistered User regular
    Bagginses wrote: »

Participation-Rate.jpg

Old people.

Lmao....its Definetly old people!

girl.jpg
  • Options

Participation-Rate.jpg

Old people.

Not totally, there's also a large amount of people who just give up looking for work and stop getting counted.

But this is a trend that goes back much longer than Obama, so tying it to him would be disingenuous.

So basically, expect that to be the story in your news broadcast tonight.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

Participation-Rate.jpg

Old people.

Not totally, there's also a large amount of people who just give up looking for work and stop getting counted.

But this is a trend that goes back much longer than Obama, so tying it to him would be disingenuous.

So basically, expect that to be the story in your news broadcast tonight.

There's a good lecture on Khan Academy that talks about the difference between U3 and U6 numbers and what it means for the recovery.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    My crazy step uncle was ranting about Obama making government bigger again.

He said that the federal government should only be responsible for keeping our borders safe. I asked if that meant we should get rid of government agency except the Coast Guard and Border Patrol, dumping the Navy and Army into them, respectively.

He got mad at me and looked out of the window for the rest of the car ride and wouldn't talk to me. Hilarious!

imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    moocow wrote: »
    My crazy step uncle was ranting about Obama making government bigger again.

He said that the federal government should only be responsible for keeping our borders safe. I asked if that meant we should get rid of government agency except the Coast Guard and Border Patrol, dumping the Navy and Army into them, respectively.

He got mad at me and looked out of the window for the rest of the car ride and wouldn't talk to me. Hilarious!

For double fun remind him the the government is the smallest it's been since the 80s.

Then remind him who was President in the 80s.

Lh96QHG.png
This discussion has been closed.