As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[HBO] Game of Thrones S2 on Sunday; spoilers abound, no tags; NO BOOKS

• Options
    RhalloTonnyRhalloTonny Of the BrownlandsRegistered User regular
    Another good episode.

-I feel like Tywin has a little RPG menu and just keeps using >TEAR DOWN because it's never not worked. I want scenes of him talking to every character just to see how he insults them.
    -Arya scene was tense enough that I had to double back and listen to what Littlefinger was saying.
    -A great laugh when I was gifted with seeing another slap. "Did my hand magically fall off?"
    -Grinding? I figured it was equal parts "I want to wiggle out of these ropes."
    -Jmaie Lnanitesr. Quality time with dear old dad must have been a real joy.

As for the thread, I steer clear of it until I've watched the episode. And I mean this in a non-goose way, but what could you discuss if you hadn't seen the most recent episode that couldn't just wait?

An advantage is that it would promote spoiler tags to carry some more weight, since they wouldn't be a crap-shoot between a joke, information about a yet to be aired episode, and someone discussing the current episode.

!
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    I really enjoy Tyrion trying to pull Joffrey's head out of his own ass. Never gonna happen, but man he really is trying.

Also, zomgzombiemovie.

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    As for the thread, I steer clear of it until I've watched the episode. And I mean this in a non-goose way, but what could you discuss if you hadn't seen the most recent episode that couldn't just wait?

I'm on this boat.

• Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    waiting to open the thread till you've seen the episode seems reasonable. I'm new to thread but I'd be willing to chat with people who have seen it later and I'm guessing most feel the same way- so they won't be lacking for discussion. I know that isn't the main concern, but still it might be..somewhat reassuring.

I love your avatar.

"...You first."

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    mcdermott wrote: »
    Evermourn wrote: »
    MrMister wrote: »
    Do we really need to spoil events from the most recent episode? It seems like a reasonable policy to ask the spoiler-averse people to avoid the thread until they catch up. It's hard to have a conversation when half of it is behind spoilers.

This.

I agree. I used to believe in the 24-48 hour spoiler window, this being the DVR age, except that damn why not just wait the 24-48 hours to click the thread? I see no reason that willingness to keep up with the current episode not be a pre-requisite.

However, the rules are in the OP, this is what has been handed down, so I will do my best to abide by it unless we change it.

If we ever decide to change this, it should be announced through nothing more than a post saying "OPEN SPOILERS BITCHES" followed by a Littlefinger "Deal With It" gif.

(and a thread title change, of course)

Seriously. You know what I do when I haven't seen the latest episode of Mad Men?

I just don't click on the thread!

Spoilers in things like [chat] are a whole different matter, obviously, but putting spoilers for an episode that's already out is just silly.

(Unless it's like an HBO GO early premiere or something weird like that)

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Agreed Kana. We shouldn't be held responsible for anyone's lack of willpower. This is the Game of Thrones thread, why would we be talking about anything else other than what happened in the most recent episode?

Heisenberg on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2012
    Note that while book talk is still verboten, television conversation is considered uninhibited. All TV going-ons will- once aired- be regarded as common knowledge. Don't start reading until you've seen the episode!

there

i edited it into the OP, also

Organichu on
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Theon kills Dumbledore

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    the_Frollothe_Frollo Riiiiiight.... THERE.Registered User regular
    Thanks, Organichu.
    "Would you kindly" edit your last post now, and maybe use a font color that doesn't make my eyes cry warm tears of blood and then melt?

thanks! ^.^ :)

• Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Note that while book talk is still verboten, television conversation is considered uninhibited. All TV going-ons will- once aired- be regarded as common knowledge. Don't start reading until you've seen the episode!

there

i edited it into the OP, also

I like this. Now I can talk about nekkid Osha and the wildling chick who grinded her ass against Jon Snow all I want!

Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    but

but

the eye melting font is necessary to speak to the people... :(

i will change it after i eat this entire stromboli

• Options
    edited May 2012
    EDIT: Nevermind, I be blind.

EDIT: Also, TV SPOILERS ALL UP INS

ic08q.gif

mcdermott on
  • Options
    mcdermott wrote: »
    Recommend changing the thread title too, since that's what they'll be clicking to open the Pandora's Box of spoilers. ;)

i did! i edited it to say 'spoilers abound, no tags'

• Options
    can anyone tell me if there's still "Eyeball Melter Yellow" in the thread? I can't see for myself because, well, I don't have eyes anymore.
    (I am using the braille version of the forums)

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    If it fits, say something about aired episodes? Otherwise we could go nuts with previews or if another one leaks or some bullshit.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    yotesyotes Registered User regular
    Someone needs to re-write Lily Allen's song about her brother to more closely suit Theon. Someone funnier than me.

"You need to get a job because the bills need to get paid."

BUT NOT THE GOLD PRICE.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I love that "the iron price" is just a badass way of saying "steal shit because that's more fun than actually working and paying for it"

• Options
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    I love that "the iron price" is just a badass way of saying "steal shit because that's more fun than actually working and paying for it"

Naw man, you gotta actually kill people.

Shoplifting a candy bar is not paying the iron price for it, you pansy. Stab the clerk, like a man.

• Options
    man, splitting the pub bill in Pike must have been a bitch.

• Options
    the_Frollo wrote: »
    man, splitting the pub bill in Pike must have been a bitch.

Hahaha, that's what I was thinking.

Maybe they pay based on kills.

"2 confirmed kills for that pint, my lord."

• Options
    lol

"Hey, who ordered chips?"
    "I did, how much's that?"
    "half a septim or sword-to-the-face, m'lord"
    "I WILL PAY"
    "No, no, wait, I'll take th-AAAAAIIIGHHH!!"

• Options
    also, takes wine'n'dine dates to a whole new level.

War of the sexes, anyone?

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    We all know about Tyrion, but I have to say Tywin is acted goddamn luminously now.

• Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    They still just buy stuff

but they buy stuff with money they got from people they killed 8-)

t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    your logic and common sense are so out of place, this is the interwebs.

• Options
    Absalon wrote: »
    We all know about Tyrion, but I have to say Tywin is acted goddamn luminously now.

Let's not forget Michael McElhatton as Roose Bolton.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I think Tyrion should have been on that boat with his niece, maybe taking Sansa with him. Shit looks like it's about to get super ugly in King's Landing.

Also, I think I'm just about at the point where I think the show has stopped even pretending the amount its sexuality and nudity is integral to the plot. Much of it is simply gratuitous, and it's kinda hurting the already-shaky story.

• Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    There's been like a total of 3 boobs in the last 2 episodes.

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • Options
    Ever since the ridiculous Littlefinger brothel scene the amount of nudity/sex has been fine.

• Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    There is a point where commenting on nudity pretty clearly shows the viewer is something of a prude.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    There is a point where commenting on nudity pretty clearly shows the viewer is something of a prude.

LolAmericans, amirite. But seriously though, I agree.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular

I assure you, I'm no prude. When overt sexuality and nudity fails to serve any real purpose to the story at hand, it's distracting.

If it was juggling rodeo clowns in the background it would be just as distracting, but without that extra level of shameless visceral pandering.

• Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I disagree, I don't find it distracting at all and most of the sex and nudity fit where they put it and does serve a purpose

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    One could argue there isn't enough nudity. The Dragon Mother hasn't gotten naked at all this season.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular

I assure you, I'm no prude. When overt sexuality and nudity fails to serve any real purpose to the story at hand, it's distracting.

If it was juggling rodeo clowns in the background it would be just as distracting, but without that extra level of shameless visceral pandering.

What did you view as gratuitous? The Osha scene or the boob flopping out in the zombie attack? The scene back in episode 2(?) where Theon is railing that captains daughter I thought was unnecessary but Osha dropping her burlap sack was fine.

I also hate when it feels like they put nudity or sex scenes in for the sake of them. I think a lot of scenes would benefit from not showing as much full on nudity. I feel it detracts from the show when the scene looks like it belongs on cinemax at 3 in the morning.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    The Littlefinger brothel scene was absolutely gratuitous. This sums it up in accurate and hilarious fashion: http://gawker.com/5902076/snl-explains-the-nudity-in-game-of-thrones

Heisenberg on
  • Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    I swear to god, if you people ruin all this gratuitous nudity for me...

• Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular

It's just an odd time to bring it up since the last 2 episodes have been good about avoiding pointless nudity. Last week's didn't have any and I felt the nudity in this episode was both brief and plot relevant. And we haven't had a brothel scene for a few weeks now.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    what exactly did Asha get from seducing Theon?

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    That big burly guard that was following her around and keeping her locked up was sent off.

This discussion has been closed.