As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Wars: Republic (Village) Victory! Special shoutout to the SK (The Anonymous)!

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    El Skid wrote: »
    Someone needs to meditate harder...

Sorry, I'm kinda new to this whole meditating thing so...

Sorry if that was a bit harsh. It's been a while since I last phalla'd, so I'm feeling a bit jittery >_<

Haha, don't worry about it ;). Your comment didn't offend me at all.

• Options
    Brian KrakowBrian Krakow Registered User regular
    You know what, let's try that- changing my vote:

I'm not playing your goosy game, assholes.

I am also changing my vote to not negotiating with terrorists

• Options
    JABMonkeyJABMonkey Cincinnati, OHRegistered User regular
    Not giving in to the terrorists is great, and in an ideal situation it might work. But here's the thing, "not playing their game" doesn't mean that we succeed.

If we don't choose they aren't going to just hand their hostages back because we're no longer fun. There's not even a guarantee that after choosing they will release one. . .

But if they do I think that Yaddle would be a better choice. She's more likely to give us useful information on those who held her. And, presonally I think she is more useful in the fight agaisnt sith.

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    JABMonkey wrote: »
    Not giving in to the terrorists is great, and in an ideal situation it might work. But here's the thing, "not playing their game" doesn't mean that we succeed.

Giving hostages back is a way to divide people. They're not offering to give a hostage back for fun, it's to try and turn people against each other. Because it is to their advantage.

The fewer the people who put in a vote for one or the other, the less division their game causes. I'm not naive enough to think that everyone will nullify their vote and generate a perfect case. But the more people who don't put themselves into one group or the other, the less effect this tactic is going to have.

Hell, thinking about it they'll probably just wait until the last minute, say "sorry, the Jedi tried to rescue them, so they're both dead now", just to get EVERYONE who tries to play their game pissed off at the Jedi... whether there was a rescue or not.

They currently hold two people's lives in their hands, and they will do whatever they want with them. Playing their game is what they want, because they feel that whatever they get out of playing is worth more than what they'll have to give up to play... which may be something, or may be nothing. Regardless, I am not giving them the satisfaction.

If you are measuring success in "let the terrorists get as little out of this as possible", then I contend that not playing their game does indeed mean success... The question to ask is... What measure of success are YOU using?

If you're hoping to play the game that they are dictating the rules for, and come out farther ahead then they do...I have news for you, and it isn't good :(

El Skid on
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    What I'm wondering is, where are the Republic's Commandos???

• Options
    JABMonkeyJABMonkey Cincinnati, OHRegistered User regular
    If you believe their endgame is to divide us then when and if this is resolved one way or the other the best thing for everyone to do is work together from then on. Stating/choosing someone in this issue shouldn't mean more than "this person believes Yaddle/Finis is a higher rescue priority for the reasons they present.".

I will measure success by how well we work after the fact. And I will measure it by whether or not our rescue missions succeed.

(This is an interesting debate, and I am enjoying it. I hope you are too.) :-)

• Options
    CitizenCitizen Registered User regular
    This looks great!
    Sign me up for some mind tricks.

Free the Jedi, Yaddle. This is the start of a war. We need generals, not politicians.

• Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    Vallorum

I don't even know who these Jedi are. Untrustworthy if you ask me. I bet Yaddle is in LEAGUE with the Sith who captured the honourable chancellor.

• Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    Retaba wrote: »

See my post at the end of page 1.

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Sign up! A jedi will not be able to stop a sith! We need Vallorum to do that.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I have to drop out. I can't play two phallas at the moment.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    No problem Grunt's, hope all is well.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    You know what, let's try that- changing my vote:

I'm not playing your goosy game, assholes.

I am also changing my vote to not negotiating with terrorists

Fist in the sky

Not choosing anyone. Will not cooperate with Sith.

• Options
    From a purely impartial viewing, the conversation regarding who to choose and why has made me smile.

I was not expecting there to be such a good debate on the merits of each candidate. Nor had I expected the "We choose not to choose" answer to be gaining such ground. If that wins, I'm going to laugh.

As of right now, the official count is Finis 19, Yaddle 15, 5 votes for neither, and 4 people didn't vote when they signed up. So, it can still go either way.

Also, if you have any forum friends who aren't playing, getting those last 7 people would be wonderful. I'm holding out hope that Diablo fever runs out in the next couple days.

I've also talked it over with Munkus, and the game will start Sunday night even if I have to cut a few roles. If the game doesn't have 50, so be it.

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Is @Rend gonna play? I missed him in Phallakinetic since people just HAD to go kill him right away :/

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    Or @B:L for that matter! Is Star Wars not good enough for your presence?? :P

Steam
  • Options
    Retaba wrote: »

See my post at the end of page 1.
    Master Bauer sounds like a jedi.

Although he would of been a better candidate to clone than that bounty hunter.

• Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    I have to say I'm not super committed to my choice, I just picked something that sounds more useful.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Cythraul wrote: »
    Or B:L for that matter! Is Star Wars not good enough for your presence?? :P

Jedi Knights offend my Goltana Knight sensibilities.

Plus they make lousy Guards.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    You cut me deep, man :cry:

Steam
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    B:L doesn't want to end me? I'm hurt. I thought we had a nice foe relationship going. Does this mean found a new enemy and are breaking up with me?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Dude. You're not... my nemesis.

• Options
    Langly wrote: »

Yes?

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Methinks Langly was trying to get you to sign up.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Nullzone wrote: »
    Methinks Langly was trying to get you to sign up.

Methinks Langly thought Retaba hadn't posted in the thread yet, because retaba still looks like ketbra.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    psolmspsolms Registered User regular

if the game doesnt start on sunday, then put me in the main list.

• Options
    I thought I did sign up, haha whoops!
    Psssoooosh that is the sound of a lightsaber turning on. Or hitting something. Probably both.

• Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    I hear a sign up is in order. Looking forward to being a survival neutral.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Due to an unexpected last minute visit from some friends that are stopping by later tonight for dinner, I am ending sign ups and sending out PMs.

There will be a narration as well.

Do Not Post about roles until I have sent out PMs. Thank you.

Assuran on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Sweet. Soon I get to kill the Republic. I was getting so tired of playing Huttball.
    Did I say kill? I mean save. That's right. Save. *cough*

• Options
    Day .5 Narration
    Dying as heroes

The former Jedi Knight stood guard over the bound figure keeping him company. Though she was currently tied down and without her lightsaber, the fallen knight knew better than to let his guard down. She was a Jedi Master and a member of the Jedi High Council, so she presented a threat to him even now. He reached out with the force, hoping that the Jedi Master was full of fear. He was disappointed, but not surprised to find her utterly fearless.

“Anakin, forsaken the order, have you? Think of all your teachings. Those you held dear, betrayed you have.”

Anakin Skywalker, former Jedi Knight, currently one of the Dark Lords of the Sith let loose a flurry of rage.

“I DID NOT betray you. You betrayed ME. They told me to always be mindful of my feelings, to bury love and to hide it from everyone. I had to marry in secrecy. In SECRECY! What force of good destroys love? No, you have betrayed the Force. You have removed yourself from the balance, instead forcing a failed philosophy down the throats of all your younglings.” Anakin paused only briefly to gather his anger like a shield.

“I am the Chosen One. I will bring balance to the force. I am no longer Anakin Skywalker; I am Darth Vader.”

Yaddle looked on with pity at the hate filled former student. Yoda had warned the order against bringing him into the fold, but had relented on the dying wishes of fellow master Qui-Gonn Jinn who was sure Anakin was the Chosen One. She had watched his ascent with curiosity, but only now realized the folly of allowing him to train.

“Consumed you, it has. Taken you, has the Dark Side. Sorry, I am, that you are lost.”

Darth Vader started advanced on her and gloated, “I am more powerful than you could ever be. I am more powerful than any two Jedi.” Behind him, another Sith had entered the room. The horned man nodded at Vader, who turned back to Yaddle with a sickening smile.

Yaddle simply looked away. “What you must, do. Ready, I am. There is no death, only the force.”

Darth Vader ignited his lightsaber and drove it through Yaddle’s body. The two Sith turned and walked away.

“Our Master has called for us. It is time to reveal ourselves. It is time for our revenge.”

Supreme Chancellor Finis Vallorum had seen better days. One eye closed, welts lining his face, and currently bound and gagged, he could barely keep track of the room spinning in front of him. It had been a long few days. Somehow, his new division of Clone Troopers had been infiltrated by the same man they used as genetic stock. What a stupid, tragic mistake that turned out to be. ‘Never trust a bounty hunter,’ the Chancellor bemused, ‘words to live by in the future’. However, before the Chancellor could dwell further on his misfortune, Vallorum was jolted back to reality by the voice he had come to dread.

“I was paid to deliver the Supreme Chancellor and I did. My client told you to kill him.” The bounty hunter knew of the General’s reputation, so he took a slightly diplomatic tone while studying the monstrosity standing before him.

The metallic monster curtly nodded his head and ignited a lightsaber he produced from one of his hidden compartments while reaching for the Chancellor’s gag. “Any last words, Supreme Chancellor?”

Before the Supreme Chancellor could answer, a toady looking Neimoidian interrupted: “I don’t think it’s a good idea to kill him. It will rally the Republic. Think of the…”
    Quicker than the Neimoidian could finish his statement, the ignited blade was pointed at his throat. He trailed off into silence.

“I do not care what you think, Minister. Our orders were to kill him.” The monster turned back to the Supreme Chancellor. “Now, before I was interrupted, I asked if you had any last words, worm. Be quick. And say something inspiring, less you die a coward like every other politician.”

“I die as an honorable servant of the Republic. I can think of no higher honor in the galaxy.”

The last sound the former Supreme Chancellor heard was a snort of derision as the General’s blade carved his head from his neck.

The General snapped off the lightsaber and together the General and the Bounty Hunter turned to leave. Without looking back, the General commanded: “Minister, contact our ally. Tell him we have finished here.”

Yoda lifted his head from mediation. He did not need to say a word, the entire council felt the loss of Yaddle. She was at peace, but that did not make her death any easier. And Yoda sensed that her death was just the first.

From across the room, Mace Windu entered and softly stated, “We must tell the Senate that they will need a new Supreme Chancellor. Our rescue efforts have failed. He was already dead before we reached his chambers.”

Yoda’s ears laid back and he frowned. “Darker, the coming storm grows. I fear the dark cloud of the Sith shrouds us all.”

All PMs are now out. You are now free to discuss things at your leisure. Day 1 ends Monday, May 21st, 2012 at 10:00 EST. Thank you

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
  • Options
    I will be occupied for the rest of the day, but will still check in to make sure everything is running smoothly.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Ugh. We could've saved one at least...

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Aw Yaddle can't talk funny anymore :(.
    So I wonder what difference alternate vote outcomes would have had.

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    We have lost two great champions of The Republic today. If we do not act quickly many more will die. To this end the bounty hunter Obifett must be brought to justice.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Aw Yaddle can't talk funny anymore :(.
    So I wonder what difference alternate vote outcomes would have had.

Per Assuran it just determined what RNG setup he used. Basically it was an extra layer to randomize who was who.

For example, I might have been Darth Vader, but instead I'm [REDACTED]

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    But people forfeited that choice by choosing neither option.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Redacted sounds like the name of someone evil! And those brackets of yours look awfully ominous!

Darth Redacted. That actually sounds kinda cool