Options

Avengers: AvX CHAMPIONS. "wedabes" declares Captain America.

• Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    No no!

"No more men"

All men are turned into a female alternative version for the next year (e.g. until the next event). Cheesecake covers galore! New romances and hook-ups! Discussions about the equality of the sexes! Spontaneous slumber parties! Sexual awakenings! And no refrigerators!

I would actually start buying non-trades if they did that.

EDITED to use more PC language

cshadow42 on
    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Marvel would implode, and comics fans would die.

Let's hope it happens!

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    I would buy every book written half-decent and then explode

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    "Everyone is Groot"

The Avengers are made up of Iron Groot, Captain Grootmerica, Grooteye, Spider-Groot, Grooterine (He's the best at what he Groots), etc.

• Options
    (He's the best at what he Groots)
    This is the best thing ever.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    You could have a sparticus moment with "I am Groot"

• Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    No no!

"No more men"

All men are turned into a female alternative version for the next year (e.g. until the next event). Cheesecake covers galore! New romances and hook-ups! Discussions about the equality of the sexes! Spontaneous slumber parties! Sexual awakenings! And no refrigerators!

I would actually start buying non-trades if they did that.

EDITED to use more PC language

tumblr_lsgwdbiIDQ1r14f5y.jpg

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Bleeding Cool double downs on the Remender/Opena on an Avengers title, but on a "new" Avengers title. Wonder what this would mean for Secret Avengers?
    Okay, here we go. Yesterday’s Marvel Switcheroo piece seems to have knocked a couple of fillings loose.

And one of them is that Rick Remender and Jemery Opena are starting a new Avengers book together, called Astonishing Avengers. Following on the route mapped by Astonishing X-Men… and Panini’s Astonishing Spider-Man.

We need more Astonishing comics. And we’re going to get them.

If I was still using traffic lights to measure the validity of rumours this would be green with a tinge of yellow.

AND
    After his five year plan of writing Fantastic Four came to fruition, it’s time for Jonathan Hickman to turn his long term thinking, planning and structure to The Avengers. Brian Bendis has been writing the book for an age and is planning on moving on to something even bigger…

Look for the beginning of Hickman’s latest epic in September or October… and I’m told that he’s joining with Esad Ribic.

Which makes me sad since the team from the Ultimates left to do that :(

UltimateInferno on
    "Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    You could have a sparticus moment with "I am Groot"

DnA did do that when the Guardians visited Planet X, didn't they? Or something similar?

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    I would buy every book written half-decent and then explode
    Ick, no. From a gender politics perspective it's terrible.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Yeah it is but I'm terrible

• Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    and another BC rumor, which I could be alright with. Like he's no Hickman, but it could be alright.
    Matt Fraction and Salvador Larocca, taking over the Fantastic Four when Jonathan Hickman leaves for Avengers.

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Larocca back on FF, I hope he would go back to his older style for that. And bring back Puppy.

That is actually a lineup for the FF that can work, and the constant science stuff on top of following Hickman's run would force Fraction to not decompress everything so much.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Full Marvel September Solicits. I sure get the feeling Scott or Emma is dying at the end of AvX, probably Scott the way the Uncanny solicits are written.

Are you prepared for NEMESIS 2????
    Zemo wants to kill Sharon Carter in space for some reason.
    Avenging Spidey has two people I've never heard of on the book, that's a sure sign it's not long for this world.
    Patrick Zircher now seems to be called Patch Zircher, did his love for Nick Fury go too far?

TexiKen on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Oh so those Thanos stories are reprints, that makes more sense.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Avengers seems to take place after Secret Avengers and heavily features Noh-Varr.:

He "betrays" the team by giving the little sliver of the Phoenix they were able to capture over to the Supreme Intelligence and leaving the team in a dangerous(but survivable, as he knew from reading the ship's specs) situation.

But when the Supreme Intelligence informs Noh that they are gonna use the Phoenix to fuel the resurgence of the militaristic Kree Empire and leave Earth to die in the Phoenix Force's wake, he rebels and takes out the Supreme Intelligence.

Sadly, the Avengers show up and don't know any of this so they smack him around a bit and tell him to never come back to Earth. Then after they leave he is attacked by the Kree forces and discovers his Nega-Bands no longer work.

He ends up hijacking a warship and flying off-planet.

Honestly, it is a pretty rad twist from what I was expecting and leaves his character in a cool place for future stories. I would not be surprised at all if he shows up in Bendis' cosmic stuff post-AvX.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Full Marvel September Solicits. I sure get the feeling Scott or Emma is dying at the end of AvX, probably Scott the way the Uncanny solicits are written.

Avenging Spidey has two people I've never heard of on the book, that's a sure sign it's not long for this world.
    Patrick Zircher now seems to be called Patch Zircher, did his love for Nick Fury go too far?

God i hope its cyclops. Hes such a douche character. He always has been. and seeing him go from idealistic douche who protects the world against people who hate and fear him to 'id rather risk the entire planet on the slim chance we can have more of those people that everyone hates and fears' douche just makes him so damn unlikable. I dont understand emmas interest.

Then again i have trouble with the whole idea of mutant hate existing at all in the marvel universe. Take a mutant characters abilities and search for the same abilities that were gained via a magic potion, radiation, science or bolt of lightning and you will find that person living without the stigmata of being a mutant. Which makes no fucking sense. The whole x-men premise seems to be marvel trying to be poliltically correct and teaching people that we shouldnt be bias just because they are 'different' yet for the most part they eliminated the 'mutants are really ugly and gross' part years ago. if the x-men name or the 'brotherhood of evil mutants' name didnt exist, and everyone involved in those two groups just changed costumes nobody would know the difference between them and any other generic super villian/hero.

The idea that the politicians have this terrible agenda to control the mutants and dont have a single plan to defend against say thanos or loki or wonder man is just such a fabricated issue its bad storytelling. The closest they come to sentinals for those types is the hulkbusters and they kinda had a reason at the time for that.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

You mean Logan's adventures in Madripoor.

Blankzilla wrote: »
    Honestly, it is a pretty rad twist from what I was expecting and leaves his character in a cool place for future stories. I would not be surprised at all if he shows up in Bendis' cosmic stuff post-AvX.
    No! It has to be Captain Marvel! It has to be ...

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    JyrenBJyrenB St. AugustineRegistered User regular
    Fraction on FF could be great. He can write some wonderfully wacky super science and that's what I really want from an FF book.

osasbutton.png
    XBL: JyrenB ; Steam: Jyren ; Twitter
  • Options
    Man Carol is being touted as "Earth's Mightiest Hero"

chances are she is sticking around on-planet and not going cosmic

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Carol to be the next Sentry you heard it from Blank's mouth

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    NEWS YOU CAN TRUST

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    be sure to visit Blank's new website, cuttingawesome.com

• Options
    Man Carol is being touted as "Earth's Mightiest Hero"

chances are she is sticking around on-planet and not going cosmic

And Noh-Varr should be her sidekick protege.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Poor Noh Var

eternally under-appreciated

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Moonstone seemed to appreciate him just fine.

• Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    A few thoughts about the Marvel solicitations.

-Oh shit, Lady Stilt-Man's on the cover of Secret Avengers.

-Neil Edwards is drawing Dark Avengers, which I'm less than enthused about. His work on Herc was very plain.

-Camuncoli's covers to Avengers Academy are super creepy, and awesome.

-Ant-Man's got a cool new helmet, in Defenders.

-Big Hero 6 is being collected, in a format that seems similar to the DC Comics Presents line. Might pick that up, since it intrigued me when it was originally being published.

-Brian Clevinger's writing the UItimate Spider-Man TV tie-in book.

-I'm digging Khoi Pham's minimalist, cartoony style on the Earth's Mightiest Heroes tie-in book.

-Nathan Edmondson and Nic Klein are doing an issue of Punisher MAX, which is pretty cool. Their Image series, Dancer, has been really enjoyable.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Man I do not even want to know what they got up to

when a dude who is literally enhanced by genetically engineered space cockroach DNA, has spit that can control minds and double-joints everywhere is weirded out by your sexual tastes

then something crazy is going on

Solar on
  • Options
    "Brian Clevinger's writing the UItimate Spider-Man TV tie-in book."

So it's safe to assume it will be a thousand times better than the cartoon it's based on?

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    big hero six is so damn cool

I need that collection

I am the hugest Sunfire fan

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    azith28 wrote: »

God i hope its cyclops. Hes such a douche character. He always has been. and seeing him go from idealistic douche who protects the world against people who hate and fear him to 'id rather risk the entire planet on the slim chance we can have more of those people that everyone hates and fears' douche just makes him so damn unlikable. I dont understand emmas interest.

Then again i have trouble with the whole idea of mutant hate existing at all in the marvel universe. Take a mutant characters abilities and search for the same abilities that were gained via a magic potion, radiation, science or bolt of lightning and you will find that person living without the stigmata of being a mutant. Which makes no fucking sense. The whole x-men premise seems to be marvel trying to be poliltically correct and teaching people that we shouldnt be bias just because they are 'different' yet for the most part they eliminated the 'mutants are really ugly and gross' part years ago. if the x-men name or the 'brotherhood of evil mutants' name didnt exist, and everyone involved in those two groups just changed costumes nobody would know the difference between them and any other generic super villian/hero.

The idea that the politicians have this terrible agenda to control the mutants and dont have a single plan to defend against say thanos or loki or wonder man is just such a fabricated issue its bad storytelling. The closest they come to sentinals for those types is the hulkbusters and they kinda had a reason at the time for that.

The fear with mutants has more to do with the fact that they're a new species that has the potential of supplanting humans.

With other superhumans, they either can't pass their powers down to their children or there aren't enough of them to really make a dent in the gene pool.

With mutants, not only can normal humans have mutant children, mutants can breed and create new generation of mutants. Before M-Day, there were millions of mutants and new mutants were being born to human parents every day. Those numbers had the potential to grow exponentially over successive generations until mutants become the dominant species on earth.

KingofMadCows on
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    I like seeing Hit Monkey back in the Deadpool book, they had a good run last time he showed up.

Cyclops is going to die, everyone wants it too bad for it not to happen. He and Emma will fight, she kills him, and then leads the X-Men.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    Something to drool over:
    tumblr_m14im0jfib1qbkg3oo1_500.jpg

I really wish they'd call Pepper Potts "Iron Maiden" instead of "Rescue".

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Well, the band Iron Maiden already sued the creators of the comic, Iron and the Maiden, forcing a title change. So, I imagine Marvel/Disney doesn't want that headache, should Pepper take off as a character.

Still, Rescue is a pretty crummy name.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Yeah. Rescuer is at least, I don't know, a name.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Well, the name is a reference to the fact that her armor has no offensive weapons. It's built as a rescue and first responder-type design. IT doesn't make it any less silly, but as I recall the issue where he unveils it to Pepper goes into why he named the armor Rescue.

There's something about the cover of Uncanny #18 that I like a lot. I think maybe it's the idea of Scott and Emma as the Flamebird and Nightwing of the Marvel U.

azith28 wrote: »

The fear with mutants has more to do with the fact that they're a new species that has the potential of supplanting humans.

With other superhumans, they either can't pass their powers down to their children or there aren't enough of them to really make a dent in the gene pool.

With mutants, not only can normal humans have mutant children, mutants can breed and create new generation of mutants. Before M-Day, there were millions of mutants and new mutants were being born to human parents every day. Those numbers had the potential to grow exponentially over successive generations until mutants become the dominant species on earth.

Exactly. As I understand it the analogy Morrison was going for in New X-Men is the same as Louis CK's bit that he wouldn't want to time travel into the future because when people of color do overtake whites in terms of population there is going to be a Hell of a reckoning coming their way. Before M-Day, that fear of reckoning was directed at people who can set you on fire with a glance.

That did come over time, however, because the idea for a long time was that they were persecuted by society for being different and actively being tormented and attacked because humanity has a long and storied tradition of not accepting people who are different. And eventually it morphed directly into a civil rights metaphor.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    surely iron maiden can't sue people for using the phrase 'iron maiden'

• Options
    I am enjoying AvX

but it seems like they are going down the "it's the end of the world!" route

and didn't they just do that in Fear Itself?

I mean, Fear Itself was shit that should be ignored pretty much entirely if possible (sorry Fraction, but it was)

and AvX is actually a lot more fun and seems to suit a giant event much more effectively

but still

• Options
    Big difference between the AvsX world ending threat is that it's an actual established character with a great comics history behind it. The villain in Fear Itself, while a solid concept overall, came out of nowhere. I still think that story could have been salvaged with a better ending, mostly Thor not dying even if it led to some good aftermath stories.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Avengers seems to take place after Secret Avengers and heavily features Noh-Varr.:

He "betrays" the team by giving the little sliver of the Phoenix they were able to capture over to the Supreme Intelligence and leaving the team in a dangerous(but survivable, as he knew from reading the ship's specs) situation.

But when the Supreme Intelligence informs Noh that they are gonna use the Phoenix to fuel the resurgence of the militaristic Kree Empire and leave Earth to die in the Phoenix Force's wake, he rebels and takes out the Supreme Intelligence.

Sadly, the Avengers show up and don't know any of this so they smack him around a bit and tell him to never come back to Earth. Then after they leave he is attacked by the Kree forces and discovers his Nega-Bands no longer work.

He ends up hijacking a warship and flying off-planet.

I hope this actually leads to someone doing something with him, and it's not just him being pushed off to the sidelines.

This discussion has been closed.