As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Rise of the Logical Phallacies: [Phalla] - Mafia victory!

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    If you were mafia you wouldnt care because of vote manip

Or you would care extra because of villager vote manip

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    So, jdarksun is mafia. jdarksun is a programmer.

The magic box is fucked.

Wouldn't it be funny if Phyphor and jdark were mafia together, and they came up with the plan to fuck with the magic box?

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Bedlam wrote: »
    If you were mafia you wouldnt care because of vote manip

Or you would care extra because of villager vote manip

Either way, I really don't care if I'm voted out tonight. We deserve to lose this game. The village has played like idiots all game.

Edit: And you guys with post restriction powers should have been targeting the inactive players. Why fuck with the posting habits of people actually contributing? Make people look suspicious? Stupid.

Either that, or it's a mafia power. In that case, Dagon was in contact with a mafia member last night. I told him to be wary. He wasn't.

Figgy on
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Magic box usually gets fucked once a game due to vanilla.

Phyphor doesn't appear to be around to fix it, like he usually does.

There are really 3 vote targets today, what is up with people ignoring them?

• Options
    Assuran wrote: »

It's been overly fucked. Says there are 4 bedlam votes today. There are zero.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    sheep

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    So, jdarksun is mafia. jdarksun is a programmer.

The magic box is fucked.

Wouldn't it be funny if Phyphor and jdark were mafia together, and they came up with the plan to fuck with the magic box?

You think I need to do anything for that to happen? That's funny

Loser

• Options
    I like my Loser (or Matev) vote more, but I'm not convinced Figgy is mafia. So, I guess I'll switch to Sheep. I just analyzed the bottom few posters this morning and hadn't made to him yet. Sheep is pretty much the same reasoning as I gave for them, so, Post or die.

However, I'm also not convinced Figgy ISN'T mafia.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Not calling a vote with certainty but switch to sheep

• Options

Ever notice how you were clicking on a link that said "Day 3 votes"?

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »

I did not. But I had 4 votes yesterday?

• Options
    edited July 2012
    If you watch the box closely like I do, you notice it acts really funky every once in awhile. I'm sure it's hella frustrating for Phyphor, but this isn't an uncommon thing.

In this case, I believe it never updated to day 4, so was switching votes around in day 3, meaning the vote total for day 3 was off as well.

Assuran on
  • Options
    Phyphor wrote: »

I did not. But I had 4 votes yesterday?

Those people voted for other people. It just kept tallying because it doesn't autodetect narration posts

• Options
    So, there are 12 minutes left.

Anyone going to heed the network's call?

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    So it's a fucking tie right now according to the box, sorry Figgy

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    [Vote close in 2min...

Narration will probably not for at least 60min, sorry guys My son just got home from a 2week vacation like 15min ago. :)

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Kilnaga for being suspicious! Also whee

• Options
    premium wrote: »

Why are you moving the vote away from the network call?
    Retaba wrote: »
    Kilnagafor being suspicious! Also whee

Throwaway vote in a tie game? (posted 1 minute after the tie was broken). Really?

• Options
    premium wrote: »

Why are you moving the vote away from the network call?
    Kilnagafor being suspicious! Also whee

Throwaway vote in a tie game? (posted 1 minute after the tie was broken). Really?

I think I read the rules wrong, I'm asking for a clarification. I think I may have been a dumbass.

• Options
    I thought this closed at midnight my time, not 11. So I came back and saw the comment of 12 minutes left at 11:59 and just went with it. Annnyyywaaayyyyyssssssss you guys went with that whole sheep thing so very strongly! Isn't it interesting.

• Options
    I think think think that quite a few people have been under performers this game! I don't just mean today because it is the weekend so that is sort of expected but I mean oh gosh look at the time I don't even know what I mean do I? Wheeee

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Yeah, I've been slacking a lot. :(
    If people want to kill me, I understand. I hope to have everything in "the RL" a bit more in order for next phalla. Should make my interactions with folks smoother

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Day 4 - The Devil’s Brew
    ... I want you to know that I do not shun controversy. On the contrary, I will take a stand on any issue at any time, regardless of how fraught with controversy it might be. You have asked me how I feel about whiskey. All right, here is how I feel about whiskey:

If when you say whiskey you mean the devil's brew, the poison scourge, the bloody monster, that defiles innocence, dethrones reason, destroys the home, creates misery and poverty, yea, literally takes the bread from the mouths of little children; if you mean the evil drink that topples the Christian man and woman from the pinnacle of righteous, gracious living into the bottomless pit of degradation, and despair, and shame and helplessness, and hopelessness, then certainly I am against it.

But, if when you say whiskey you mean the oil of conversation, the philosophic wine, the ale that is consumed when good fellows get together, that puts a song in their hearts and laughter on their lips, and the warm glow of contentment in their eyes; if you mean Christmas cheer; if you mean the stimulating drink that puts the spring in the old gentleman's step on a frosty, crispy morning; if you mean the drink which enables a man to magnify his joy, and his happiness, and to forget, if only for a little while, life's great tragedies, and heartaches, and sorrows; if you mean that drink, the sale of which pours into our treasuries untold millions of dollars, which are used to provide tender care for our little crippled children, our blind, our deaf, our dumb, our pitiful aged and infirm; to build highways and hospitals and schools, then certainly I am for it.

This is my stand. I will not retreat from it. I will not compromise.
    -Soggy Sweat, Jr.

A smaller gathering, but no less fervent, joined The True Scotsman on the day after The Strawman’s demise. “Who did this?” someone demanded.
    “Any truly bad argument would demand to know,” the Scotsman replied, looking at sheep.
    “We demand to know!” most of them shouted.
    “We will find out soon enough,” said the Scotsman, studying the crowd from behind his mask. In truth, he wondered himself. Perhaps tonight someone would slip, and he would know where next to strike.

Arguments flared, but not for long. Insults were levied, accusations denied, statistics invented on the spot. The Red Herring spoke briefly to someone, but accidentally breathed a face full of cigar smoke and stumbled off, gasping and trying to catch his breath.

Standing in a doorway, wheezing and coughing, Langly never heard them turn the knob... eyes streaming from smoke, he never saw the hands reach out. He felt them grab, though. He croaked out a plea for help and struggled briefly as he was gripped by many hands and dragged inside. Appeal to Authority poked his head through the door and glanced around. No one had seen them. He shut it firmly and turned the lock.

Langly was gone.

Back in the square, the Scotsman reviewed the tally. “Figgy, come forward!”
    Rough hands shoved figgy to the front of the group.
    “These arguments believe you understand good logic from bad. What have you to say for yourself?”
    “I do! Of course I do! All of us do!”, Figgy said.
    “That’s good enough for me. Finish him, arguments!”

The arguments searched him for facts, and kept searching until nothing was left. Coming up empty handed didn’t seem to deter them at all.

The Red Herring: Lungfull of cuban cigars
    Langly - The Red Herring: Permanently reasoned with by The Good Arguments
    Figgy: Subjected to vigorous fact-finding mission by the vote

Top Five Vote Earners
    Figgy: 7
    Sheep: 5
    LoserForHireX: 4
    Kilnaga: 1
    Retaba: 1
    Assuran: 1

PMs are out. Day 5 begins now!

spool32 on
  • Options
    Bravo, village.

Sheep .

Let us get it right, this time.

• Options
    OoOoooOOo

Golf clap.

ooooooOooOoO

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    I'm going to get in early in case I miss vote close again. Curse having a job.

Sheep

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Right then, Sheep. I'll make sure your family is taken care of @Figgy.

• Options
    Why are you guys voting for Sheep?

• Options
    GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    So I left leaving you all well wishes and this is what we get? Much sadness. Glad to see my Sheep vote from yesterday is finally gaining some steam.

• Options
    GreenbaronsGreenbarons CanadaRegistered User regular
    Why are you guys voting for Sheep?

I'm not sure on the instant bandwagon, but I voted for him yesterday because he has been ridiculously quiet. He has posted nothing but single red votes and nothing of substance to the village. He has also jumped onto quite a few bandwagons. He seems to be trying to keep as inconspicuous as possible, which comes off as suspicious to me.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    The village is doing poorly this time. I blame Retaba for that. Because he knows what he did.

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Sorry. Was fighting Zombies in my FTF group.
    (The game or real ones?)

Wow. I didn't post at all yesterday & no one voted for me.
    Interesting...

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    Now everyone will vote for you!

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Nah, I'm beneath notice.

E - Are you net-head now TRV?

stever777 on
    Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    i make a perception check!

• Options
  • Options
    Made a total newb mistake last night, my apologies. Let's make this right.
    Sheep

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I can't tell if premium is pulling an Obi or is just really unobservant.

Yeah, let's do the network call tonight, but let's also not kill discussion. kthx

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Network call?

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    sheep