Options

Go find the new STEAM Thread!

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »
    Ashe wrote: »
    I used to love me some L4D Vs. Unfortunately we got pretty good at it and it turned from "Woo, fun chaos! Epic comedy wipes!" to more competitive types amongst my L4D friends getting pissy if you happened to miss the survivors with a Boomer or one of the insta-kill Smoker/Charger kinda places. Pressure took away the fun factor! ... I know, I can hear a small violin playing somewhere, just for me.

Reloadin'.

This is what killed TF2 for me. Some people got srs bsns, other retaliated and got stupid silly (fuck crouching boxing heavies) to compensate. Eventually, I just stopped playing.

Also, the 10,000,000 hats and items, so even when I want to play I have no idea who's holding what and what it does and say fuck it and uninstall.

I actually got quite a few kills with my KGB+Steak Sandvich Melee Heavy.

Minigun? What's that?

This was in the days before the heavy got any new equipment. Or maybe right around the heavy update. I don't remember. FOREVER ago.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    I'll just leave these here.

signature.png

signature.png

Don't forget to vote for what is next in the comments.

Ending soon.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    You might wanna bring that up in the zeyboyd thread. RainbowDespair might know what's going on.

I will do that.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    3 hours left signature.png

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Did they ever fix the item duplication glitch in Dead Island? Because man, being able to infinitely clone copies of any weapon sure made item durability a non-issue.

• Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Lawndart wrote: »
    Did they ever fix the item duplication glitch in Dead Island? Because man, being able to infinitely clone copies of any weapon sure made item durability a non-issue.

I always carried like 4 swing weapons at least. Only threw 1 or 2 that I may loose and if so, I didn't care too much. I never really found it to be much of an issue. Especially with durability perks.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    At some point I am going to get a goddamn gun in Dead Island, right? This melee combat over, and over, and over again is getting exhausting. Even my nice upgraded modded weapons can only take out 3-4 Walkers before needing repairing.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    At some point I am going to get a goddamn gun in Dead Island, right? This melee combat over, and over, and over again is getting exhausting. Even my nice upgraded modded weapons can only take out 3-4 Walkers before needing repairing.

I heard the guns are kind of shitty though I'm not at that point yet. My main problem is that there isn't enough variety to the combat and weapons. With Borderlands, you had shitloads of different guns with the base types all feeling very different from each other.

• Options
    I agree, way too much emphasis on repairing items that are all exactly the same. Be it a bat, a stick, a club, a whatever.

So far I think the game is interesting, but the combat - which is clearly comprising a lot of the game - is lacking as all hell.

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited July 2012

You'll eventually see some guns once you get past the first act, but if you don't like melee, you're not going to be happy with the amount of guns and ammo you find, unless perhaps you're playing Purna.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    Next batch is up

signature.png

signature.png

Don't forget to vote in the comments.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    If that's the lady with the gun bonuses, yeah that's who I picked.

• Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    Thanks to @TestSubject23 for the gift of pants crapping fear. (Amnesia)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Hey. Chat died. You might wanna rejoin.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    Whoo, thanks @vagrant_winds for EYE!

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    Honestly don't know why anyone really even wants to play Dead Island with guns. Aren't there like a zillion zombie shooters out there that scratch that itch? Melee combat is pretty much the main draw of the game for me.

• Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    If I had more copies of Zeno Clash, I would give him a copy of Zeno Clash for this video.

I don't, though.

• Options
    ZealotZealot Registered User regular
    Zealot wrote: »
    signature.png

One bump before bed.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Had the urge to play Bioshock again. After getting my sound issues fixed, I tried turning off vsync to see how bad the tearing would be, and if it would be worth it compared to the drastic fps changes that vysnc was giving.

Turning it off crashed the game and now I can't even boot it up to change the setting back again!

Suddenly I don't have such an urge to play Bioshock again.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

For me, I didn't even mind the melee combat. I did mind that my weapons needed to be repaired constantly. I expected strong RPG elements. I didn't expect it to be an MMO.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Hmmm, Digital: A Love Story don't like Steam too much. I want to take pictures of blue screens.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    And the winner of Sonic CD is... @Squirminator2K for this. Thing:
    Runner up prize goes to @Professor Snugglesworth who wins...
    tumblr_m3vmcwpgH41r880jmo1_500.gif This

And now!

Winter Summer Sale Wrap Up Giveaway Contest Thing Part 2!

Braid is a good game, so I'm sure most of you have it already! For those who don't here is your opportunity. To be eligible, PM me your finest example of a twisted love story in a video game. It could be the love of a Lizard Tyrant for a fruit princess, or a Space Pirate's affection for his giant robot dinosaur. These are but my baseline examples, go nuts.

I'll pick a winner around this time tomorrow!

You didn't post my submission.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG8bBJyZrQI&hd=1&list=FLrc1NJTyjqhuoj88qsmm_Iw&index=2&feature=plpp_video&hd=1

It may not measure up to the winner's...thing...but it's still the most random funk music I've ever heard in a game.

• Options
    R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    Guys,

PA forumer @Dr Mario Kart (Steam ID Shane200) Has entered and won a number of giveaways (especially during the previous sale). He took most of the items that he won and put them up as steamgift giveaways to the public after being told here that it was heavily frowned upon.

I am honestly a little upset as one of the few giveaways I did during the Summer Sale went to a scumbag instead of a deserving member of the community.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    @TNTrooper is a classy fellow whose generous giveaway will not go to waste.

Thanks, mister trooper.

• Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular

Hey, I won something! I never win anything! Thank you, DRX. You are a classy, classy gentlesomethingorother.

Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    R0land1188 wrote: »
    Guys,

PA forumer @Dr Mario Kart (Steam ID Shane200) Has entered and won a number of giveaways (especially during the previous sale). He took most of the items that he won and put them up as steamgift giveaways to the public after being told here that it was heavily frowned upon.

I am honestly a little upset as one of the few giveaways I did during the Summer Sale went to a scumbag instead of a deserving member of the community.

I always hate hearing this stuff. Last year this happened to me twice. Someone won two of my giveaways who seemed to only visit PA during summer sales to try to get free games. I found out about it so he didnt get anything and i ended up just random gifting them away in steam chat but eh. Still, this mario kart guy has been around since 03' you'd think he would be above that kind of behavior.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    Guys,

Do you have a link to his S.gifts profile?

• Options
    R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Guys,

http://www.steamgifts.com/user/SHANE200

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    I like Dr Mario Kart. This is disappointing to hear.

Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »

For me, I didn't even mind the melee combat. I did mind that my weapons needed to be repaired constantly. I expected strong RPG elements. I didn't expect it to be an MMO.

Yea, I played the knife chick so I don't know if the gun girl has any Weapon decay perks. They do help. You start getting alot more weapons in act 3 I think.

But Guns are still kinda meh when I last played, I knew they were going to revamp them a little (it's been well over 8 months I'd guess since I played).

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Guys,

http://www.steamgifts.com/user/SHANE200

Since he won and regifted one of yours specifically you can likely report him to their support and his account'll get nuked, at the very least.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Guys,

That is pretty damn lame. And a great reason to not use steamgifts.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Anyone know who http://steamcommunity.com/id/maboroshi/ is on these forums?
    Guys,

Noted. I'll be sure to ask for any of my giveaways to be rerolled if he wins.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Oh my fucking god.

Saints Row 3.

Sublime.

I'm laughing so hard I'm in tears.
    :lol:

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Oh my fucking god.

Saints Row 3.

Sublime.

This makes me so happy.

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Oh my fucking god.

Saints Row 3.

Sublime.

This makes me so happy.

Me too. Saints Row 3 was so amazing. There was nothing I disliked about the entire experience.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    steam just died on me. is it offline for anyone else? Also, that steamgifts thing is shitty. Did remind me to enter a few random public ones though.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Why is putting games on SteamGifts you've won a bad thing? I'm sure I'm missing something obvious. Do you get something for putting stuff up on SG? (I've not done it yet)

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Steam died for me too.

It's shitty because he's won something like 8 games from people here, then turned around and regifted them publicly. If he doesn't want them, the cunt shouldn't be entering contests for them.

• Options
    Magus` wrote: »
    Why is putting games on SteamGifts you've won a bad thing? I'm sure I'm missing something obvious. Do you get something for putting stuff up on SG? (I've not done it yet)

If you didn't want the game, why did you enter it basically. Its kind of rude to say to someone I want a PS3 for my birthday and then when they give it to you, you go and give it to a random friend.