As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PHALLA] Final Fantasy XIV: CLOSED Shalmelo and Cythraul WIN!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Things Egos didn't say about your conversation:

-Dick

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    JLeoJLeo Registered User regular
    Understandable. I think I'm 100% sold on INANTP being legit.

• Options
    I'm out! Should I die to the vote, I will be exonerated! Should I die to the mafia, it was inevitable. ObiFett and Delmain are mafia! Do not let the last mafia member win! With my last breath, I blame Egos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdL--2IBOoQ

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Yeah, it sounds like Egos didn't keep good notes or invest in making a password set up.

I also blame village for not going to the guy that handed us langly, called for MrT's death, and didn't do a thing to stop the mi-go wagon. o_O

• Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Darn it Delmain, why does cute Cthulhu have to be evil?
    Mill wrote: »
    I also blame village for not going to the guy that handed us langly, called for MrT's death, and didn't do a thing to stop the mi-go wagon. o_O

And for the record I am a goose, it's my excuse.

I never thought stever777 was mafia, just that he might have been given bad info.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Also those of you like Cythraul who never contacted Egos can eat a dick because it would be really goddamn easy to confirm myself through telling you what you told Egos.

I'm pretty sure I said publicly that I lack any role/job. ie vanillager. I guess if I'd have remembered I could have sent that to Egos as well, but it should have been fairly common knowledge.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    What's the count at anyway? Maybe I'll just hop on this Delmain train for entertainment at this point. I'm sure we can sort the rest of this crap out tomorrow.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Bleh, not sure who to believe. INANTP seems slightly more credible/less desperate, though, so delmain

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    hang on.

wait a second.

Who the hell gives the mafia a guard?

I mean, i'm already a bit leery at the whole 'even specials on both sides' thing which is just sloppy design to begin with. But a mafia guard?

Seriously. That is just.

FROWN.

• Options
    hang on.

wait a second.

Who the hell gives the mafia a guard?

I mean, i'm already a bit leery at the whole 'even specials on both sides' thing which is just sloppy design to begin with. But a mafia guard?

Seriously. That is just.

FROWN.

Lots of alternative games with lots of roles.

Like Phallakinetic.

Okay not a good example.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Phallakinetic should not be used in any examples.

like ever.

that does not mean that it's good to have a mafia guard. What the hell is the point of being ultra cautious about being discovered if you can just go "lolguard!"

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Ugh.
    Throat...scratchy.
    Lungs...congested.
    Too...sick...to...go...on...describing...symptoms...

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    ok i finished catching up.

!Delmain

As much as I hate the thought of believing that the host would do something this silly, it appears that they have.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Phallakinetic should not be used in any examples.

like ever.

that does not mean that it's good to have a mafia guard. What the hell is the point of being ultra cautious about being discovered if you can just go "lolguard!"

Seen a few games with mafia guards lately.
    They aren't really that powerful. They don't guard against the vote so if a village vig hits the guarded mafia they just let the network know and it gets sorted out.

• Options
    in the right context, mafia guards could be super powerful.

just like in the right context any role can be super powerful.

half the point of being mafia is the paranoia. If you can just be like 'man i've got a guard!' then that takes away the paranoia. If only for a day.

And one day extra of a mafia member living is one day extra that can effect their overall stabbiness in the game. One day extra of a mafia member living is one day extra of one more vote than should have been. It gets the mafia one step closer to their usually purported goal of outnumbering.

I'm not saying that it can't work, but it should, in my opinion, be reserved for games where it won't make too much dramatic difference.

In this game where it appears if you were grouped you got an extra action (i never got into a group. I tried, but everybody kept killing my friends off), one more day for that mafia member being alive is one more day of a potential group performing an action that the mafia is in charge of.

Which dramatically can shift the balance of how the game plays out.

Again, this is all my opinion and lord knows that I really don't like making complicated games that require full on spreadsheeting programs to map out results, but I think that a mafia guard is right up there with thralls and millers for being 'obnoxious'.

ok. done rant.

• Options
    Pretty sure parties only get an extra vote if they all vote in a block, but I understand what you're getting at.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Think I've been a mafia guard more then once, not that odd when there is more than one vig/attack powers

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    FINAL FANTASY 14 IS A BAD GAME

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Oh come on, tonight is the night narration isn't instantaneous?

• Options
    The suspense is killing me!!!

• Options
    Looks like the host was last online this morning.
    Oh well.
    Any reveals so we don't have to wait to see who's a liar?

• Options
    EPIC REVEAL
    I'm the GM archer

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Agreed, I'll even take mentions of who was suppose to die.

• Options
    TrueNeverbornTrueNeverborn Registered User regular
    okay huge traffic pile up, just spent several hours on the road. Vote is obviously closed, let me get stuff computed and I'll have narration out ASAP

So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Sorry just able to post. If inantp dies to tje vote im sorry had family dinner w no phome access

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    This freaking game caused me to half-ass my lab report, almost miss my Lab, and forced me to PM from my phone while driving.

One good thing was that I learned how to use the voice-to-text function on my phone today.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    This freaking game caused me to half-ass my lab report, almost miss my Lab, and forced me to PM from my phone while driving.

One good thing was that I learned how to use the voice-to-text function on my phone today.

Unrelated, but I found out today that my girlfriend's 5 year old slider phone has bluetooth support and voice commands.

• Options
    Server soft reset, Error. Premium has disconnected.
    <Cid>Today you all voted for Delmain. He had a throwing circle, Pugilist. Of Course the techs will need to examine the code.

<Cid> I Needed A Name To Post was targeted by a lancer, while also being a Archer. Then we have Mill who got returned by some arrows. Then you players got vicious! Obifett died with a giant hole and two arrows in him. Obifett had a bloody Lance on him.

Premium - Player, Disconnected, Banned
    Delmain. –Hacker, Pugilist, Reset by Admin, Under Investigation
    Mill - Player, Returned, Under Investigation
    I Needed A Name To Post - Gamemaster, Archer, Returned, Under Investigation
    Obifett – Hacker, Lancer, Returned, Under Investigation

On a personal note I am EXTREMLY Sorry for the delay today.

So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • Options
    ARM

PUNCH

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Nice 2 mafia down and I was right about delmain

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    OOOoooooOOOOoo

Never stood a chance against the Pro Phalla Player, INANTP.

Played the most back-stabby and vicious mafia/hacker I could, though.

OOOoooooOOOooO

ObiFett on
  • Options
    oooOOOooo

Saw that coming :)

oooOOOooo

• Options
    Once the mafia = and/or out number the players I will end the game. That has not happened, You are still going.

TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • Options
    oooo000000oooooo00000000oooooo0000ooooo00000ooooo
    hello-kitty-adventure-island-demotivational-poster-1246104498.gif
    oooo000000oooooo00000000oooooo0000ooooo00000ooooo

• Options
    Lets hang in there guys we've gotta weed out the last of them.

• Options
    so we were saying 3 left earlier? based on the 20% norm for games.

And there's 2 down in narration.

So there's either 1 mafia left, or there was more than 20%.

For easy reference the current player list:

Assuran
    Blahmcblah
    Cythraul
    JLeo
    Lonelyahava
    SeGaTai
    Shalmelo
    Stever777
    Void Slayer

• Options
    Well the only person I'm sure of now is me lol.

• Options
    Or there could be four mafia left, all with kills.

AHHH!

Wait, how is stever777 still alive?

• Options
    i haven't found a good reason to advocate for his death?

I was going to, but then he provided the information on Migo.

which is still fucking bizarre in itself.

But at this point, i'd say stever is alive because he hasn't proven himself needing to die.

or even deserving of it lately.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    There's definitely a mafia archer still in play, since delmain died as a pugilist and mill was killed by arrows. Thankfully we took out the red lancer, so the mafia will be down a kill, but we have to assume that they're still working with at least 2 kills per night.

Thoughts?

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets