Options

G&T Secret Santa 2012: He'll be back again some day.

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    Getting worried about the box I sent through the post myself now, been 2 weeks and it's still not there.

It has my return address on so it's probably not lost, but someone posting about how USPS dudes were nicking packages has me paranoid.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Giftget.gif

My Santa is a CRAZY PERSON who keeps giving me crazy awesome things. Like this, which I've wanted for forever! AND the DLC thing!
    WE93j.png

AND implying that there's a physical box on the way? WHAT MADNESS IS THIS SECRET PERSON?!

• Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    I just wanted to let my Santa know that part 2 of my gift arrived earlier this week and I simply haven't had time for a gift-get post. I'll get it posted by tomorrow, I promise!

Kendrik on
    steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Ok, I've just finished my last two computer repairs for the day and I've changed my voicemail to say I'm not taking any more on until the start of January. Bliss. So that's self employment done for the year and I only have one more week of 9to5 job boredom.

Christmas, I am ready for you. Bring it on.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    Santa is real.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Giftget.gif
    For real this time!

After a couple of false starts due to items without notes (it turned out the gloves were from my SE++ satan and the GoT bundle was from my brother), Proxy the Elf got in touch to tell me gifts would be arriving.

Lo and behold, a box was on my bed beside me when I woke up today! That's service! (Thanks, dad).
    vyfXo.jpg?1
    See? A box! Lets open it

HDNaP.jpg?1
    Presents! Awesome! I love presents.

g2ACX.jpg?1
    A note! Its blurry! I am a terrible photographer! It says "Grown men pretending to beat the crap out of each other? Sounds like fun to me! From Your Secret Santa Maz-" Yay! Thanks Maz-! Although I do have to correct you, as a wrestling fan, there's nothing pretend about getting thrown around a lot, only the amount of animosity involved is fake (and the story and match are scripted). Still, I love wrestling. Lets see what it is!

yX88h.jpg?1
    Oh shit! CM Punk Best in the World on Blu Ray! This is the only WWE Blu Ray I planned on owning (until I noticed that they released an attitude era one) and now I do own it! Thank you so, so much Maz-!

But that's not all! This box is bigger!

0JxTS.jpg?1
    I'm not even sure what this means! What sort of hood would I be rolling through in a Long Island suburb? There are a few towns that look like the hood, but in reality, they're just poorly kept. Anyhow, lets open the box.

bZNmK.jpg?1
    Oh wow! A New York Giants Super Bowl XLVI hat! Let me tell you a story: I had a hat just like this, bought it the day after they won, and wore it when my older brother and I went to the Canyon of Heroes to witness the victory celebration. At one point, the floats stopped, so folks started tossing stuff onto it, getting it signed, and then the players threw them back. So I told my bro to throw his hat, but he threw mine instead, and then the floats started moving again. I never got it back! So now I have a hat of my very own! Thank you so much, Maz!

Thank you very, very much for my presents, Santa @Maz-! Happy holidays, everybody!

• Options
    WraithXt1WraithXt1 Registered User regular
    Santa had perfect timing this year. I received not only a copy of Battlefield 3, I also received a full copy of the expansion!

I was at a LAN party where the game was needed, at the exact right instant I received the download code for it! Thanks again, cardboard delusions!

That's three years in a row my Santa has had absolute PERFECT timing with the exact right gift!

WraithXt1.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Giftget.gif
    For real this time!

After a couple of false starts due to items without notes (it turned out the gloves were from my SE++ satan and the GoT bundle was from my brother), Proxy the Elf got in touch to tell me gifts would be arriving.

Lo and behold, a box was on my bed beside me when I woke up today! That's service! (Thanks, dad).
    vyfXo.jpg?1
    See? A box! Lets open it

HDNaP.jpg?1

g2ACX.jpg?1
    A note! Its blurry! I am a terrible photographer! It says "Grown men pretending to beat the crap out of each other? Sounds like fun to me! From Your Secret Santa Maz-" Yay! Thanks Maz-! Although I do have to correct you, as a wrestling fan, there's nothing pretend about getting thrown around a lot, only the amount of animosity involved is fake (and the story and match are scripted). Still, I love wrestling. Lets see what it is!

yX88h.jpg?1
    Oh shit! CM Punk Best in the World on Blu Ray! This is the only WWE Blu Ray I planned on owning (until I noticed that they released an attitude era one) and now I do own it! Thank you so, so much Maz-!

0JxTS.jpg?1
    I'm not even sure what this means! What sort of hood would I be rolling through in a Long Island suburb? There are a few towns that look like the hood, but in reality, they're just poorly kept. Anyhow, lets open the box.

bZNmK.jpg?1
    Oh wow! A New York Giants Super Bowl XLVI hat! Let me tell you a story: I had a hat just like this, bought it the day after they won, and wore it when my older brother and I went to the Canyon of Heroes to witness the victory celebration. At one point, the floats stopped, so folks started tossing stuff onto it, getting it signed, and then the players threw them back. So I told my bro to throw his hat, but he threw mine instead, and then the floats started moving again. I never got it back! So now I have a hat of my very own! Thank you so much, Maz!

Thank you very, very much for my presents, Santa @Maz-! Happy holidays, everybody!

That's excellent, glad you like it! I was afraid you'd already own that hat or one similar to it and almost didn't buy it, but looks like I was right to do it anyway.

As you know, there's more one package on its way to you. That one will be..different. There's a fair chance you'll hate it, or already own it, but..I just had to throw it in :P

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Hey

Hey Santee

I purchased your final gifts today

I still really hope your first one shows up from Canada Post, however :(

I am taking no chances this time, I am going to use UPS and see what brown can do for me

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    D'oh. Wrong thread.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    noir_blood wrote: »
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Woooo! I'm glad my gifts came to you safe and sound @ueakcrash! I hope you and your wife have an great Christmas and enjoy Community.

Oh, and the hats are handmade, but not by me. Got them from etsy.

Now it's my turn, for....

Giftget.gif
    Before getting this package today, my Santa had already gifted me twice with ebooks:

The-Stupidest-Angel-928613.jpg

The Stupidest Angel is awesome. The only other book I read of Moore is Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, in which Raziel has a small role, so it was cool seeing him again.

51LTTMTaVRL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

This one I'll probably get to afterwards.

5EF15C1E-D7A7-40AF-A939-D98F4B883EFF-1333-000002B8DC8AF8E2.jpg

Now a wild box appeared!

D2DC7C89-192D-431A-93C4-5A31FB81E66C-1333-000002B8F37641D1.jpg

This is a job for the CHRISTMAS AVENGERS

E049A3A7-D2FC-49AB-AF32-31101AE6D2D9-1333-000002B9056B3733.jpg

The two heavy hitters start off by investigating the box....

F64AA588-BE97-4389-828F-6B434BA183D5-1333-000002B918E8DCEE.jpg

Oh no! The goodwill and cheer was simply too much for them!

5DF6F38E-6AE3-4413-8185-7C6A9A51CDE5-1333-000002B9224B213C.jpg

Captain America decides to take one of the presents head on! Will he reveal what's underneath the colorful masking?

6E3EFD4E-5333-4731-8662-47C3F5E46803-1333-000002B92B12078D.jpg

YES This is awesome, as I been meaning to play this game, and didn't get to. Oh man, I can't wait to do start inhabiting some steampunk era bodies. But wait, what about the other box?

C792BBAB-F130-4B5B-A5E2-6937C8EB71EC-1333-000002B936701E7F.jpg

Ironman, Iron Fist and Dr. Strange step up to the plate and give it their all!

78FFD254-3EA2-4A73-A522-16586F35776B-1333-000002B94167CD3A.jpg

Holy eff! It's GAME OF THRONES SEASON ONE This is incredibly generous Santa! Despite having HBO, I never got around to seeing the show(though I've read the books), so you can bet I'll be dipping into this during the Christmas Break. In fact, this gift was so great that as you can all see, our superheroes could do nothing else but bow down to it. Is this the end for our Marvelous heroes?

AFB865A5-EDFF-40EC-9D35-5B53512CB3E2-1333-000002B94980CE21.jpg

NO Super Awesome and totally stud DEADPOOL arrives to the scene, armed to the hilt! This will clearly be the battle of the century! Wait..Deadpool seems to be getting distracted...

3020BFD9-FDAC-44C1-B44F-64234E6D788D-1333-000002B95C7593C3.jpg

Oh Deadpool!

1A00100C-C410-4443-98C1-50DA183E7828-1333-000002B9626FCC94.jpg

The gifts again.

My Santa, despite knowing my hatred of puzzles, still had me decipher his name. Using my supreme skills, and okay, a pretty generous set of hints, I have determined that @Fig-D is my Santa! Thank you so much!

I'm glad everything made it okay! Its funny you should mention LAMB, as that was my first Moore book as well.

Again, Happy SS!

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    Giftget.gif

Kush has discovered New Package!!
    DSCF0642_zpsea6a557e.jpg

Hmmm.... OMFG Lego Star Wars set!!!
    DSCF0644_zpsa17b2081.jpg

Gotta go in for a closer look...
    DSCF0645_zpsa9ff7372.jpg

Could it be?!?! It couldn't possibly be....a handmade Wheatley!!!! (back from SPACE) and scared Kush away :(
    DSCF0648_zps71353237.jpg

After fleeing from Wheatley, Kush discovers some new awesomez reading material..
    DSCF0651_zpsac058ffa.jpg

All that reading tuckered out this adventurous turtle. Fortunately, Santa @Mint included some delicious new treats for Kush! MMMmmmm, Shrimpy!
    DSCF0652_zps33ffbdce.jpg

Thanks so much @Mint for this barrage of awesome gifting! I can only assume you made the Wheatley and painting yourself, so when I say you're crafty, there's an awesome double-meaning. Crafty because you make awesome things and crafty because I still have no idea how some of my gifts were delivered in person and some were mailed O_o You crafty goose. Also, Kush is extremely weird about not eating stuff when he is outside of his tank, but when I put him back in, I gave him some of the treats and he DEVOURED them. He absolutely loves them, and wishes me to send on his thanks. And I thank you for including something for him, that was hella cool. I will post pics of when the Lego set is complete if ya like, but I will have to wait til my exams are done (Tuesday) before I get started :)

Please excuse me not taking pics of the actual unwrapping Santa @Mint, I'm afraid I'm a bit of a little kid when it comes to presents and ripping them open immediately. Plus my turtle is skittish and it would just be damn near impossible to set it all up LOL.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    [insert obvious "That's no moon" joke here]

Turtles are fantastic animals, I'd love to have one as a pet. Those are some freakishly long claws though :shock: I didn't even know turtles had them.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Giftget.gif
    For real this time!

vyfXo.jpg?1
    See? A box! Lets open it

HDNaP.jpg?1

g2ACX.jpg?1

yX88h.jpg?1

0JxTS.jpg?1

bZNmK.jpg?1

Best in the World is pretty damn good, especially when you hear about how they kept burying Punk, either inadvertently or on purpose.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

Turtles are fantastic animals, I'd love to have one as a pet. Those are some freakishly long claws though :shock: I didn't even know turtles had them.
    I had a turtle for a pet as a kid, but it ran away.

• Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

I have a hard time even considering them claws. They're like, soft and flexible, not dangerous at all. He's a pretty awesome pet, I'm constantly amazed at how much personality he displays. Like, when I feed him his normal pellets, he'll get little crumbs stuck to his face. Then he wipes them off like a little kid wiping his mouth on his sleeve, dragging his whole arm across his mouth.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Like, when I feed him his normal pellets, he'll get little crumbs stuck to his face. Then he wipes them off like a little kid wiping his mouth on his sleeve, dragging his whole arm across his mouth.

I WILL PAY YOU A MILLION DOLLARS FOR A VIDEO OF THIS.
    Disclaimer: I do not have a million dollars. But I want to see it.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    Holy crap, Santa. I mean... I'm speechless.

Photos to come in the morning. I still don't really know what to say. You're fantastic!

• Options
    Holy crap, Santa. I mean... I'm speechless.

Photos to come in the morning. I still don't really know what to say. You're fantastic!

What a teaseeeeeee

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Giftget.gif
    This is just the first part of my gift but hurray, gift get!
    diablo_3_gift_get_zps9d6bf6e1.jpg

Hurray Diablo 3! I'm downloading it now at about 3 megs / second and destroying my internet. I can't wait.

@Shadowane's Secret Santa thanks! And they said there is a package on the way too. Fun!

• Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    Gift Get!

Well, I actually received the gift a few days ago but between exams and work I haven't had much time to upload my pictures. But don't worry, the gift was received with warm hearts and much gratitude.

Now let's see some pictures!
    Guelph-20121211-00444_zps95918904.jpg

Here we have the opened box, containing much Cristmas joy.

Guelph-20121211-00445_zpsa9b3ffc8.jpg

How many gifts do we have? One gift! Two gifts! Three gifts! Four gifts! Ah ah ah!

Guelph-20121211-00446_zps046ff244.jpg

I freed Mario from his papery prison! I was too eager to rip into them and forgot to get a picture of the wrapped gift.

Guelph_Eramosa-20121211-00447_zpsd8cfac0d.jpg

Here's the next gift, wrapped and waiting. What could it be...

Guelph_Eramosa-20121211-00448_zpscabf069c.jpg

Cool! I'm just a big kid at heart and love action figures, so you can be sure this is going to go to good use. I could use a Spartan to guard my gaming shelf. Marauders are everywhere!

Guelph_Eramosa-20121211-00449_zps08855be0.jpg

This package is a lot more boxy than the previous two.

Guelph_Eramosa-20121211-00450_zps5627fc2a.jpg

I love these things! The gigantic heads on them are just adorable. I'll team Chief up with the other Spartan!

Guelph_Eramosa-20121211-00451_zpseba42a07.jpg

Dun dun dun! The final package!

Guelph_Eramosa-20121211-00452_zps3410e463.jpg

Santa, I'm not sure if you knew this or just got lucky, but I've really, really, really wanted to start reading this series but just haven't gotten around to it. You have no idea how much I appreciate this gift!

Guelph_Eramosa-20121211-00453_zpscf347829.jpg

The whole haul, displayed for your enjoyment. I got gifted like crazy this year!

The only thing missing is a name. I have a real name, but no username. Please, santa, come forth and let me know who you are so I can give proper thanks!

• Options
    Like, when I feed him his normal pellets, he'll get little crumbs stuck to his face. Then he wipes them off like a little kid wiping his mouth on his sleeve, dragging his whole arm across his mouth.

I WILL PAY YOU A MILLION DOLLARS FOR A VIDEO OF THIS.
    Disclaimer: I do not have a million dollars. But I want to see it.

Due to your apparent excitement and the numerous people who agree with you, I will definitely try to get this on film. I have to say, it's one of the most downright adorable things I've ever seen. Another thing he does that is awesome/hilarious is when he tries very hard to break out of his tank; he has a whole procedure and damned if he doesn't get close.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited December 2012
    SirUltimos wrote: »
    Gift Get!

Well, I actually received the gift a few days ago but between exams and work I haven't had much time to upload my pictures. But don't worry, the gift was received with warm hearts and much gratitude.

How many gifts do we have? One gift! Two gifts! Three gifts! Four gifts! Ah ah ah!

I freed Mario from his papery prison! I was too eager to rip into them and forgot to get a picture of the wrapped gift.

Cool! I'm just a big kid at heart and love action figures, so you can be sure this is going to go to good use. I could use a Spartan to guard my gaming shelf. Marauders are everywhere!

I love these things! The gigantic heads on them are just adorable. I'll team Chief up with the other Spartan!

Santa, I'm not sure if you knew this or just got lucky, but I've really, really, really wanted to start reading this series but just haven't gotten around to it. You have no idea how much I appreciate this gift!

!

The whole haul, displayed for your enjoyment. I got gifted like crazy this year!

The only thing missing is a name. I have a real name, but no username. Please, santa, come forth and let me know who you are so I can give proper thanks!

Hurray! You got it! I totally forgot to include a note. But I saw that you liked action figures and figured a few Spartans can always be handy. Storm Front is because I adore the series and everyone should read them. Plus, books are a thing for secret Santa. I am glad you enjoy it all! Get to readin'!

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited December 2012
    My package is on it's way

Thanks Proxy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qnxIsebqMJE

D:

Ed; I gotta say Santa, the constant dread you inspire in me is some next level stuff. Be assured, I have not been sleeping lately. <3

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Just got an alert from UPS that a delivery is inbound! Apparently it's from Amazon? I don't recall ordering anything..... AHHHH IT COULD BE PRESENTS!!!!

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    My Santee's gift was delivered on Thursday, so I hope it arrived okay.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    SirUltimos wrote: »
    Gift Get!

!

Hurray! You got it! I totally forgot to include a note. But I saw that you liked action figures and figured a few Spartans can always be handy. Storm Front is because I adore the series and everyone should read them. Plus, books are a thing for secret Santa. I am glad you enjoy it all! Get to readin'!

It's on my list to read right after I finish Snow Crash. I can't wait to get to it.

Thanks again! It made my Christmas :D

• Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    Dear Santa,

Please check this out today: http://starcraftcharity.org/events/end-of-liberty/live.php

And I guess every other Santa as well!

• Options
    I don't get it

• Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    Thanks, UnbreakableVow, I'm now running "Big" through my head.

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Sweet, think I'll finally be shipping out my santee's box tomorrow.
    And also, I have no boxes from anyone (just in case my Santa was wondering or anything).

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    This is not a place to pimp events.

The Starcraft thread is plenty visible.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    So my Santa sent me a sneak preview of what he was working on...
    ?view=att&th=13ba59f6c6597a24&attid=0.1&disp=attd&realattid=f_hasotqqh0&safe=1&zw
    ?view=att&th=13ba59f6c6597a24&attid=0.2&disp=attd&realattid=f_hasotuo81&safe=1&zw

I am equally stunned and thrilled to see what is coming next...thank you Santa

CoJoe.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    So my Santa sent me a sneak preview of what he was working on...
    ?view=att&th=13ba59f6c6597a24&attid=0.1&disp=attd&realattid=f_hasotqqh0&safe=1&zw
    ?view=att&th=13ba59f6c6597a24&attid=0.2&disp=attd&realattid=f_hasotuo81&safe=1&zw

I am equally stunned and thrilled to see what is coming next...thank you Santa
    Might just be me, but both those links look like they point to a google mail address. You might need to rehost them.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Yeah they're broken. And I got all excited too!

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Whoops...let me try again. I'm trying to do everything via cell phone, and my internet kung-fu is not the best to begin with :/
    photo.php?fbid=3639187473368&set=a.2882629839900.100707.1684727434&type=3&src=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-ash3%2F525791_3639187473368_1315667211_n.jpg&size=800%2C659
    photo.php?fbid=3639188873403&set=a.2882629839900.100707.1684727434&type=3&src=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-prn1%2F533503_3639188873403_1591906224_n.jpg&size=800%2C659
    ]

CoJoeTheLawyer on

CoJoe.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    If you're on your phone you might have to save them first.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Whoops...let me try again. I'm trying to do everything via cell phone, and my internet kung-fu is not the best to begin with :/
    photo.php?fbid=3639187473368&set=a.2882629839900.100707.1684727434&type=3&src=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-ash3%2F525791_3639187473368_1315667211_n.jpg&size=800%2C659
    photo.php?fbid=3639188873403&set=a.2882629839900.100707.1684727434&type=3&src=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-prn1%2F533503_3639188873403_1591906224_n.jpg&size=800%2C659
    ]

Just use imgur and link the image source

• Options
    Still broken. Save the images to your hard drive and upload them using imgur or something.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Imgur? Is that like a genie?

CoJoe.png