Options

[Mini]Batman: The Animated Phalla: Village Victory!

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Yeah, I just edited something in to address that a bit.

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    Matev wrote: »
    I suspect, based on my knowledge, is the drill is an actual item that can be recovered. The problem is unless we know who's holding the drill, that makes it difficult to recover it, not mention it can likely be passed around by those who took it.

I believe Matev is attempting to suggest that he needs guarding by giving away the idea that he has acquired knowledge in some form!

Yeah, he totally said he had knowledge in relation to what ZH was talking about. Since ZH was killed off (we assume because of this knowledge), I'm sure Matev is thinking he's probably next?

That assumption may or may not be valid, as ZH only publicly revealed the Sonic Drill thing between close and narration (I think). You're assuming that ZH talked to someone yesterday who was wiling to tell him about the drill -- and then shared that knowledge with someone else (a mafia) who killed ZH for it. If that's the case, there's someone out there who talked to ZH about the drill and someone else about ZH knowing about the drill. That person should come forward asap.

Alternately, a mafia for some reason told him about the drill and then killed him... instead of just not telling him in the first place.

He may well have been killed because of the drill knowledge. But as it wasn't in response to the drill reveal, it might also have been dumb luck.

No, I'm assuming ZH straight up knew about the Drill himself, not that somebody told him about it. The cargo that was stolen was WE cargo, and he works for WE. Makes sense to me that he knew what the shipment contained.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    Ugh. Yeah, I thought there was an "I've been told" in his reveal post somewhere. I hang my head in shame &etc.

It's still possible that he didn't reveal the sonic drill thing to anyone until he put it in the thread, and therefore just got unlucky... but it's much less likely.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I for one don't see why these people keep revealing things they know when what they know seems utterly useless to the thread!

There's a drill? Wonderful! Now we just look for the avatar hiding a drill behind their back and we have found mafia!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm a bit fuzzy on that too. Maybe it's a game over situation. If we get the drill back the mafia loses instantly. If we don't get the drill when Condition X is met, we lose instantly. Otherwise, it just seems goose-chase-y to me. I was only really interested in it in regards to how knowledge of it informed ZH's death.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Because it might be useful later on when we're no longer around.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Because it might be useful later on when we're no longer around.

It's a good thing you have chosen to accelerate that process then!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I don't know why you say things like that and don't tell us why it might be useful. If the mafia have the drill, they presumably know what it does.

• Options
    In fact, I daresay that unless someone knows of some bizarre piece of information about the drill ("Oh, you can take it from someone by quoting them and saying Boppa booey"), you should keep your head down and stop telling people about something even you don't know the importance of!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Sorry, was browsing for some other things.

INANTP and Kilnaga have the right of it. I have knowledge that should be useful for the village, and it would be useful if I stayed alive long enough to compare notes with some people.
    So you have knowledge of something the mafia has or wants? How does that prove you village?

• Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    Really I don't see any reason to worry about the drill itself right now. There's nothing the village as a whole can do to get it, and if individual players are able to I agree they should just keep quiet and do whatever that is.

If and when someone does reveal information in the thread (hopefully for a good reason) we can do something about it then, but for now we should focus on the Mafia.

• Options
    I'm heading out for the night very, very soon. So. Time to make a vote.

I'll throw Langly's name out there. Haven't heard much out of him this game, and... well honestly this is gut more than anything.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Time for Duckwing Duck to attempt to solve this mystery!

So Wayne Tech people are either specials or a neutral faction that has some aims that align with the village. At least that's my general read for now.

On the drill, I'm not sure how to make heads or tails of that. My gut tells me if that was what was stolen, removing the mafia may lead to it being recovered. A sonic drill is probably something that should handed over to the proper authorities when it is found but for now, we're better off focusing on finding the mafia.

Also citizens of Gotham, could you like avoid doing things that scream "dear the mafia, I think you probably should get rid of me, but not really and by the way I'm not confirmed," in the thread. You know the whole thing about loose lips sinking ships.

Not seeing many leads to our ne'er do wells . . . okay, I've nothing. I'm skeptical that Baidol is part of the crafty criminals behind last night's incidence. Our esteemed colleague INANTP Lord Death Man provided a very good critique against the vote. Now does anyone have any contradicting stories they'd like to share with the class because as I've said, I've got nothing.

• Options
    Mill wrote: »
    ... Duckwing Duck...

For shame.

• Options
    I agree that we should focus on voting out Mafia. I'm just being a bit paranoid and making sure that the uninformed majority can get a little more informed.

Lot of votes on Sir Fab (It's rough when you were invincible last game, everyone's got an axe to grind whether it was RNG or not), very easy for a gangster to hide in that wagon. Kime and Baidol had some early steam, but no one was buying it. Kime might bear investigation, but it's Kime, at best a 50% chance it might bear fruit.

Keep an eye on Baidol. However, someone else stuck out above those 2

Langly had a throwaway vote on Iron Weasel and then switched to Sir Fab in yesterday's closing minutes. Why?

Additionally, I'm going to repeat the call put out by ZH last night, any Wayne Enterprises employees (Or anyone else with more info) should get in touch with me. Mr. Fox would like to speak with you in his offices.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    But what of his alleged attempt to say oh I told you not to vote Sir Fab?
    Baidol wrote: »
    Voting for sirfab for a role he was given is pretty silly.

That's it! That's the whole thing!

Furthermore, he has not even done this theorized lording over of those who voted for Sir Fab! What would it accomplish? Taunting us for voting out a villager? Why? It is a reality of phalla that villagers will be voted out! Particularly on Day 1!
    Yes, the entire point of my argument was that he half-heartedly argued against voting for Sir Fabulous, which he could possibly use at some later point as evidence that he was not a bad guy. I did not argue that he was vehemently supporting Sir Fabulous. I did not argue that he immediately came back and said "I told you so!" I merely argued that he could use what happened on Day 1 as evidence in his favor at a later date. That's all.

I also specifically said his vote for Retaba was not indicative of anything by itself. I argued that the two points in conjunction make him suspicious. If he really believed that Sir Fabulous should not be voted out Day 1, why throw away his vote? Why not put his money where his mouth is?

I'm not saying "Baidol is definitely a bad guy, I have solved the case!". I am saying right now he is the most suspicious to me. Considering the other three votes made today are for Mill and Gizzy and Langley (for none of whom was a reason given), I don't think Baidol is a bad choice.

Edit to add: Matev voted for Langley (with a reason!) while I was phone posting.

Edit again: wish my phone would stop auto correcting Langly

Locus on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Locus wrote: »
    But what of his alleged attempt to say oh I told you not to vote Sir Fab?
    Baidol wrote: »
    Voting for sirfab for a role he was given is pretty silly.

That's it! That's the whole thing!

Furthermore, he has not even done this theorized lording over of those who voted for Sir Fab! What would it accomplish? Taunting us for voting out a villager? Why? It is a reality of phalla that villagers will be voted out! Particularly on Day 1!
    Yes, the entire point of my argument was that he half-heartedly argued against voting for Sir Fabulous, which he could possibly use at some later point as evidence that he was not a bad guy. I did not argue that he was vehemently supporting Sir Fabulous. I did not argue that he immediately came back and said "I told you so!" I merely argued that he could use what happened on Day 1 as evidence in his favor at a later date. That's all.

I also specifically said his vote for Retaba was not indicative of anything by itself. I argued that the two points in conjunction make him suspicious. If he really believed that Sir Fabulous should not be voted out Day 1, why throw away his vote? Why not put his money where his mouth is?

I'm not saying "Baidol is definitely a bad guy, I have solved the case!". I am saying right now he is the most suspicious to me. Considering the other three votes made today are for Mill and Gizzy and Langley (for none of whom was a reason given), I don't think Baidol is a bad choice.

Edit to add: Matev voted for Langley (with a reason!) while I was phone posting.

I did put my money where my mouth is, by not voting for SirFab. The other choices were kime, who I as a personal rule do not vote for on Day 1, then a series of other people with two votes. What do you feel would have been an appropriate action to take?

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I did not argue that he immediately came back and said "I told you so!" I merely argued that he could use what happened on Day 1 as evidence in his favor at a later date.

But you're still vocalizing as a part of your suspicion a justification that has not happened! The idea of what someone could do in the future should not even enter into the thoughts of an accusation, as it is fabricated! Find the deeds themselves suspect by all means, but constructing an elaborate fantasy scenario where he cackles maniacally whilst pulling wool over your eyes with a backpedal is foolish!

And even then, nothing Baidol has done would be evidence in his favour, for there is nothing that he has done which a mafia would not do! He cannot employ these acts to clear his name at a later date!

Baidol suffers from the most common justification for a day 2 vote - he had some votes on day 1! This is a consistent villager suspicion that often leads nowhere, because day 2 is just day 1 with the vote record of day 1 - a day notorious for being filled with random and throwaway votes!

It is the common fallacy of presuming that your only lead is your best lead!

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I'll be out tonight, so there is a possibility that narration could be delayed. Still, votes and orders sent at or after 10:30 will not count.
    Get your votes and orders in.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Your only lead by definition is your best lead. I am open to changing my vote, but so far the reasons for the alternatives are "because" and "my gut" which are not compelling arguments. The argument by Matev is better but personally I don't agree with it.

There are four hours to go and only six votes are in. I'd like to have more options, but right now they are few and far between.

Locus on
  • Options
    Your only lead by definition is your best lead.

And presuming that your only lead is the only one to be found is foolish!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I really cannot read INANTP's posts.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    chamberlain your lack of idle banter concerns me.

Have you tried reading them from left to right?

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    hmm

Votes, votes, votes...

Matev I actually don't buy it.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    INANTP because he's useless from my perspective.

• Options

I won't lie that's tempting too

Steam profile
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I can get behind a Langly vote

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I put a sir fab vote down because the vote was close and I wanted to lengthen the lead?

I put a vote for iron weasel as a grudge for his bomb in the other mini.

but I couldn't say it was for that reason because the game wasn't over yet.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Langly wrote: »
    I put a sir fab vote down because the vote was close and I wanted to lengthen the lead?

I put a vote for iron weasel as a grudge for his bomb in the other mini.

but I couldn't say it was for that reason because the game wasn't over yet.

The Sir Fab vote is silly, since if I remember correctly I made an almost identical vote seconds after you :P

Edit: not "the sir fab vote," I meant "the Langly vote". Whoops

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Sir Fab: 4
    kime: 3
    Invictus: 2
    Ebum: 2
    Mill: 2
    Langly: 2
    Cesare: 2
    Mi-go: 2

A bunch at 1. Everything is from Smasher's post above. I haven't double checked that.

one minute after this post, I voted for sir fab to lengthen the 1 vote lead, and kime voted right after me.

So if your argument is that both of us are mafia, then we're like, the stupidest mafia to ever have lived to do that.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    The Baidol vote seems highly suspect to me. I'm leaning towards Locus being a concerned citizen of Gotham St. Canard, who means well, but is suspecting the wrong person.

*Looks at the other people voting for Baidol and pulls out his gas gun.

Suck gas, evildoer!

*Fires a laughing gas bomb at premium.

Jumping on such a lame wagon, is something that I can see a craft phalla villain doing to avoid suspicion.

• Options

A bunch at 1. Everything is from Smasher's post above. I haven't double checked that.

one minute after this post, I voted for sir fab to lengthen the 1 vote lead, and kime voted right after me.

So if your argument is that both of us are mafia, then we're like, the stupidest mafia to ever have lived to do that.

No, my argument is that you're mafia. Kime voting to save himself is fine and he could've been working on it while you posted. I don't trust Kime based on past experience, but right now I trust you even less based on the evidence.

Both of your votes were vote posts with no explanation (You could've said something for Sir Fab at least) and nothing else of substance throughout the day. (Not as suspcious, but still something to note)

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    My gut says BradicusMaximus is evil. It also says he could be a mafia.

• Options
    [color=]INANTP[/color] because he's useless from my perspective.

Oh my most humble apologies ebum, I'll get right to randomly accusing people instead of challenging votes and making people justify them!

HEY PREMIUM

alijMiv.jpg

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I don't know that the Day 1 votes will tell us much until someone turns up red. Mafia hiding in the bandwagon? All villagers on the wagon? Odd that MrT voted so early today on the same person?

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options

No, my argument is that you're mafia. Kime voting to save himself is fine and he could've been working on it while you posted. I don't trust Kime based on past experience, but right now I trust you even less based on the evidence.

Both of your votes were vote posts with no explanation (You could've said something for Sir Fab at least) and nothing else of substance throughout the day. (Not as suspcious, but still something to note)

Why would I make an additional vote on a wagon I had no interest in if kime isn't also mafia.

Why would I change my vote at all

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Let's go with, premium.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    But hey you want to talk useless?
    I'll fifth that. Confused.
    kime wrote: »
    What was that, I forget? I remember it being cool though :P

Evil with the evil win con on odd days and good with the good win con on even days.
    I really should have gone with my first idea for kime in the Phalla Phalla.
    That is a terrible disguise.
    Baidol is also still alive in the current mini.

And puns are a sure sign of evil.
    Baidol

Gotham has enough misery to deal with. Puns are just gratuitous torture.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Yes, I have not been engaged in this game as of yet. I tend not to be until day 3.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Yeah, I totally deserved the Day 1 vote Langly (briefly) threw my way.

I'm stll puzzling things out, but I can't say I like these votes for INANTP; honestly his posts aren't hard to read, and voting for people because they've adopted a persona seems silly.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227