Options

[Mini Phalla] Mafia - Village the Informed Minority (aka Mafia) and INANTP wins!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I just did?

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Jesus I am bad at reading. is your info source reliable?

• Options
    It's reliable to me.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Gonna be away the rest of the night. Saw a movie earlier and spent the rest of the day chopping up the dead tree in my front yard. Gonna go have a drink and roast hot dogs with said tree. :D

• Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    I think Vertroue disappearing last night is worth investigating further. She led the vote for most of the day, so the Vanisher (who presumably is either Mafia or SK since that's a negative village role) would have had plenty of opportunity to change their target appropriately. Using a kill on somebody who's dying to the vote is obviously wasteful, so I assume there's some reason they didn't change to someone else. A few possibilities of varying plausibility:

1) They weren't around for most of the day.
    - Kaplar made his vote early then checked out, but by the time he'd done so Vert already had 3 votes to no more than 1 for anybody else. I would think if he were the Vanisher he'd have noticed that and changed his order accordingly, but mistakes happen.
    - Megamek didn't post at all yesterday (or today for that matter). That means he would have missed the Vert bandwagon. The one hitch to this theory is that the Vanisher clearly did send in an order, but mega sending in an order early day 2 and forgetting to vote is plausible.

2) They wanted to conceal Vert's role.
    The only people I can think of who would want to cover up somebody's role post-death would be the Mafia, since having a complete vote record is naturally good for the village and an SK would also want to vote out Mafia and thus have nothing to hide vote-wise. This implies either that Vert was Mafia and they wanted to hide the fact we'd hit one of them or that they felt disrupting the vote record was worth sacrificing an abduction on someone else. The former doesn't hold water in my eyes because the Vert bandwagon didn't get above 3 votes until two hours before vote close, which would have been plenty of time to stir up a bandwagon on somebody else. The latter is more plausible I suppose, but I don't think the Mafia would feel like hiding that a villager died would be worth the lost kill.

3) The vanishing is connected to the Vanisher's vote rather than a separate ability.
    This seemed more reasonable before I looked at the record. Of the seven people who voted for Vert yesterday none of them voted on day 1 for someone who vanished that night. Likewise nobody voted for enlightenedbum when he vanished. Vert and jdark did vote for each other on day 1, but I'm pretty sure that's a meaningless coincidence.

Of the above possibilities I think Megamek makes the most sense to me.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Langly dies SK and INANTP has information about that.

I'm shocked.

• Options
    :D

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Haven't really seen anything out of Invictus, which is a bit odd.

• Options
    Megamek

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Langly and INANTP are bitter enemies forever, according to a news article I just printed. Anyone want a copy?

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    The mob forms in ~50 minutes

Many people aren't ready to leave their homes, though

• Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    megamek

Low to no activity seems like its a mafia thing from time to time so I guess it can't hurt at least throwing a vote his way to gauge the reaction.

Then again activity on the weekend is pretty abysmal anyway. He hasn't made a post all day, I'm willing to bet that isn't going to change before vote close.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I have so much due this week

Don't expect too much from me

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    As of Bradicus's post:

Vote Count
    megamek 3: (smasher, i needed a name to post, bradicusmaximus)
    theroadvirus 2: (mrtlicious, griswold)
    gizzy 1: (kaplar)
    kaplar 1: (gizzy)
    invictus 1: (premium)

No votes by:
    @xenogears of bore
    @mikey cts
    @kime
    @cesareb
    @the_anonymous
    invictus
    megamek
    theroadvirus
    captainplanet82

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    All right, friends, I've done my due diligence at the other game, made myself a drink, and now turn some long-overdue attention to this one.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
  • Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    megamek, we need a consensus vote

EDIT: i still think TRV is the obvious choice here given his weird-ass behavior, but I'm not going to push for that with 40 minutes to go. we can't have a tie

Griswold on
    FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    So we're to the point of just pointing our fingers at inactives? Cool. kime fits that description nicely.

• Options
    Griswold wrote: »
    megamek, we need a consensus vote

Griswold, why do you want a consensus vote? I've seen you ask for this before, and consensus votes strike me as obviously bad.
    1), they're evidence that the mafia agrees with the vote, because otherwise they'd probably try /something/, and so consensus is some evidence that we've picked the wrong target.
    2), they fuck vote records right the hell up. If everybody votes for the same person, we can't generate analysis and reasons against any particular person. We can't, in fact, because we have the same evidence for everybody. The village wants to be able to distinguish players; they want a variety of votes.

Now, I take it your thought is something about preventing vote manipulation, and we should in most cases have a big enough gap to prevent that. But 2-3 is a big enough gap, we don't need consensus, and consensus is bad for the above reasons.

• Options
    CesareB wrote: »
    So we're to the point of just pointing our fingers at inactives? Cool. kime fits that description nicely.

I will damn well give a freaking reason for the vote I decide on as soon as I can look through the thread.

• Options
    Invictus wrote: »

I will damn well give a freaking reason for the vote I decide on as soon as I can fabricate one.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Invictus, Cat got your tongue?

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Sorry I thought you had already voted, Invictus.

But I'm leaving it because I think it's funny anyway.

• Options
    And given how many people are left to vote, griswold, that reasoning for a switch is super sketch.

• Options

I will damn well give a freaking reason for the vote I decide on as soon as I can look through the thread.

God, subtext is just lost on some people. I'll spell it out. Vertroue disappeared the same night he was voted out. This suggests a drastic lack of attention by the invisi-killer. I think kime is displaying this sort of inattention.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Setup speculation:

something is weird about the narrations. I do not for a second believe we were so lucky as to kill two SKs in the first two days. I don't know what that means; maybe killers that have the ability to hide their kill's alignment. I will operate under the assumption that I do not know their alignment, though I take them to be at least marginally more likely to be villagers than not.

EDIT: I bet this is Obi's twist; various ways to screw with the narration.

Invictus on
  • Options
    Invictus for being less interesting than usual in games

Therefore evillllllll

Steam profile
  • Options
    And you also messed up @The Anonymous I believe

• Options
    Griswold

• Options

God, subtext is just lost on some people. I'll spell it out. Vertroue disappeared the same night he was voted out. This suggests a drastic lack of attention by the invisi-killer. I think kime is displaying this sort of inattention.

So, for what it's worth, when I read that narration, it's not clear to me that the black helicopter was /against/ vertroue. That's to say, maybe the black helicopter /saved/ vertroue? Prevented us from lynching her?

But she's gone from the list, in any case. I just think that the move to 'someone vanished her and wasn't paying attention' is far too quick, and kime is not a person I would ever attribute that kind of carelessness to. If kime is an SK (or whatever) that has that power, he'll check to make sure his kill is good, even if he's not posting.

• Options
    But she's gone from the list, in any case. I just think that the move to 'someone vanished her and wasn't paying attention' is far too quick, and kime is not a person I would ever attribute that kind of carelessness to. If kime is an SK (or whatever) that has that power, he'll check to make sure his kill is good, even if he's not posting.

Truth. I probably wouldn't put in a kill order for someone close to winning the vote anyways, just in case something happened. Plus I think I was back at least in time to vote for vert myself, because I was pretty sure she was in first or close to it, so it would be silly for me to also kill her.

I'd accept the reason of general lack-of-posting, though. Just not that it implies I'm the invisi-killer

Steam profile
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Sorry, Phallanoia was taking up all my time

Megamek's who all the cool kids are voting for right

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Invictus is behaving way out of character.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    Can you get us an updated vote list @Smasher

Has it actually been working correctly for you thus far?

• Options
    kime wrote: »

Truth. I probably wouldn't put in a kill order for someone close to winning the vote anyways, just in case something happened. Plus I think I was back at least in time to vote for vert myself, because I was pretty sure she was in first or close to it, so it would be silly for me to also kill her.

I'd accept the reason of general lack-of-posting, though. Just not that it implies I'm the invisi-killer

Fair enough. But I doubt there are many people who would just come out and admit that they'd make the kind of mistake that the invisi-killer appears to have made. It's not that I think of this as something that you would normally do, but that you're clearly off your game for whatever reason. Doesn't much matter, Megamek appears to be in a nearly unassailable position.

• Options
    Urgh, well, I go with TheRoadVirus on the basis of the called no-kill, /and/ on the basis that he called his kill.

Why is that suspicious? Because manipulating the narration is a thing in this game. No one else seems interested in calling kills, despite the rumor being that there are many, many kills floating around. So either he's the /only/ village kill of all of those kills, or he's desperate to 'confirm' himself with a narration manipulating kill.

This game has become socially complicated, I think. This is my best bet now; tonight if another 'serial killer' dies that will tend to confirm most of my speculation.

As for being out of character, Mikey, that's fair; I've done a ton of things this week and had little time for either mafia game. But this hour I could give, and tomorrow I can give a significant amount.

• Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    11th hour bandwaggon eh? Sounds legit to me!

Or not. Invictus

First post of the day people!

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    Anyone can be assailed!

• Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Let's try that again. Invictus.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    MegaMek for self-preservation.