As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 3/27/13: Got it? Jokes.

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
East of West #1, it's Saga and Arrowsmith and four horsemen end of the world stuff mixed in, here is how the USA differed wildly from history. Plus, a map! I always love a good map :
eastofwest1a_zps0c368406.jpg

eastofwest1b_zps3c687ea9.jpg

eastofwest1c_zps5d45c386.jpg

Flash forward to 2064, when the four horsemen are reborn, but have to be kids for a bit. They find a survivor in their carnage:

eastofwest1d_zps58a4d099.jpg

Death seemed to escape being reborn, and they're upset about it. Map time!

eastofwest1e_zpsbcf9faef.jpg

PRA is communist china, only in America.

Batman Inc. #9, Prince Harry, tanks, and empathic cows:

batmaninc9a_zps89ba0dac.jpg

batmaninc9b_zps122c3504.jpg

batmaninc9c_zpsce89b7e9.jpg

batmaninc9d_zps19bf54a7.jpg

batmaninc9e_zpsccf222b1.jpg

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    A+X was sooo good this week, I may post pages, but , not sure if a page will do it justice, the Wolverine/Carol story was basically a comedy skit of epic proportions.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Dammit I was making this thread right now

This was a really, really great week overall, here are my favorite bits:

A+X #6 - Logan and Carol's poker game/argument about who would win in a fight between Astronauts and Cavemen is interrupted:
    nasNLJ5.jpg?1
    x7epVcK.jpg?1
    dv3u126.jpg?1

Uncanny Avengers #5 - Alex Summers steps up to the big leagues:
    XR8XAzH.jpg?1
    5KlGrxl.jpg?1
    o3OlGDG.jpg?1

Young Avengers #3 - Loki tries an interesting tactic to get the rest of the team to trust him:
    z39MxFI.jpg?1

Guardians of the Galaxy #1 - Peter Quill and his dad have an interesting relationship:
    uQbQ1bb.jpg?1
    SSSYGRf.jpg?1

Age of Ultron #3 - Taskmaster is a funny guy and in a gambit to see the inner workings of Ultron's fortress, Luke Cage discovers who is behind the apocalypse:
    FyFPosx.jpg?1
    OWtmd8g.jpg?1
    3WMwXsJ.jpg?1

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    FF # 5 - Crazy Old Man Johnny Storm From The Future decides to embrace his destiny as a hobo and goes down and out on the Bowery.

Crazy Old Man Johnny Storm From The Future is also unaware of the impact of the last several decades of gentrification upon the Manhattan real estate market:
    gjoRXHa.jpg

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Wow, after how much I hated cyclops in that earlier thread, Havoc pretty much summed up my entire opinion on the whole "homo superior" thing.

• Options
    Yeah, Remender writes a fantastic Havok and I can't wait to see where he takes him.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    I want to high five Havok.

He's on his way to becoming a strong counterpoint to Cyclops. I agree with everything he said.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    And while you all sit around in a drum circle mutants are being rounded up by sentinels and cops! Where were you while our babies burned?

I'm cool with that speech though*, it works to make the ethics more Scott vs. Alex (because maybe that way Marvel won't make it so one-sided), although "M Word" is an eyeroll.

Scott didn't see something as broken, it was broken, Alex's gypsy teammate broke it. Unilaterally. And that's a chop, wut wut.

edit: what was Rogue's reasoning for being passive aggressive/bitchy in the preview pages a while back?

TexiKen on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Time Warp came out today, it's a mixed bag, more bad than good, and kind of feels like a one-shot of Vertigo's current malaise all in one.

Out of the 9 stories, only two would I say are really good, Matt Kindt's story is fantastic and Dan Abnett's story is good and then kind of does a good job making you feel sorry for having to do a job you don't want to do. Since I can't post Kindt's story without really messing with the whole premise, here's some of Abnett's story, it puts those Flinstones dinosaurs in their place for bad jobs:
    timewarp1a_zps1e13a0dc.jpg

timewarp1b_zps96952e25.jpg

timewarp1c_zps473dd57b.jpg

timewarp1d_zpsb0d742c2.jpg

Tom king and Tom Fowler did a good story that plays with language really well and has a hook to the story that you'll figure out a page before the ending, and it's good for what it is, the art is really nice. Everything else is meh to bad (Simone's story is pretty bad, it reads like a fanfic from scans daily or something).

TexiKen on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Man. East of West is a good start. 39 pages too, which is even better.
    I love Hickman's world building.g

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Dang, I was gonna skip A+X just because I've been spending way too much weekly, but looks like I'll have to add 1 more purchase tonight.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Robots in Disguise 15, the whole issue was basically an enormous fight with character revelations and deaths narrated by Prowlvastator

here's a highlight
    tumblr_mkbtk46Szv1qbgas1o2_500.png

aaaaaand here's Arcee saying what's up with her
    tumblr_mkbswzK4071qbgas1o1_500.png
    tumblr_mkbswzK4071qbgas1o2_500.png
    tumblr_mkbswzK4071qbgas1o3_500.png
    tumblr_mkbswzK4071qbgas1o4_500.png

Antimatter on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Red Lanterns 18. Had some extremely powerful moments if you've been following the GL books for a long time.
    Atrocitus' has been tormented by the destruction of his people. It's the source of all his rage and hate, which hasn't dulled in over a billion years.

Volthoom re-writes Atrocitus' history and shows him a timeline where his homeworld and family were never destroyed by the Manhunters. In it, Atrocitus became a brutal conqueror, oppressing his people and slaughtering any dissenters, even in his own family.
    redlanterns_018_15.jpg
    redlanterns_018_16.jpg
    redlanterns_018_17.jpg

Volthoom turns him loose, and we get this:
    redlanterns_018_20.jpg

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Journey Into Mystery #650: Sif enjoys some downtime (and Marvel is obviously sneaking in clues about their next crossover with some immediately recognizable kids):

GpJthy3.jpg

• Options
    Broxton being covered in Snow is completely accurate to this shitty Spring we have been getting in Oklahoma

and I love the relationship between Asgardia and Broxton and hope it never goes away

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Uncanny X-Force #3
    Psylocke takes a peek inside Bishop's brain, which turns out to be drawn by the wonderful Adrian Adolpha
    hieNnf2.jpg
    wB7LWhY.jpg

My8JMed.jpg
    MnAGlv4.jpg
    PjyhoWr.jpg

pAIonYF.jpg

GtetYoj.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Wolverine and the X-Men #27

Genesis does a little bonding with his newest classmate, who also gets a codename from Wolverine in a lovely nod to people as old as me.
    2cD0OEl.jpg
    RXyMMaw.jpg

DmYM9C7.jpg
    VDFweCH.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    WatXM is so goddamn good

and UXF's psychic plane is probably the best interpretation I have seen

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I'm really digging a lot of the moments in this thread.

The mighty warrior Sif just hanging out with a bunch of kids and having a snowball fight! Wolverine and Captain Marvel playing poker with a big bad supervillain!

It's like there are comics tgat have come back around from being super serious and gritty to an age when being a superhero was just a lot of fun.

• Options
    A+X actually had two poker games, the second was Gambit vs. Thing. It isn't bad at all but Carol/Logan is amazing.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Is that the last thing Peter David wrote before the stroke?

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I don't think the stroke significantly impacted his writing. He's got X-Factor written through the next few months at least without a co-writer or anything.

• Options
    So who is this "The End" fellow. Best I could find is an old Human Torch and Toro villian from the 40's

• Options
    He's a new dude.
    It's a joke because he is THE END and shows up for the conclusion of the story. Peter David loves puns,

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Ah.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Journey Into Mystery #650: Sif enjoys some downtime (and Marvel is obviously sneaking in clues about their next crossover with some immediately recognizable kids):

GpJthy3.jpg

Oh man I didn't even notice this! hahahaha that's great!

( The finishing panel of the snowball fight was also good)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Non-Marvel reader here. Who are the kids?

I love the dude with the shovel waving to the Asgardian in the background.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    they aren't marvel characters

it's a joke
    South-Park-Kids-at-the-Bus-Stop-south-park-14533649-539-398.jpg

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular

The four kids behind the car look suspiciously like the four kids from South Park.

The four kids next to Sif look suspiciously like four generic kids.

• Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Lawndart wrote: »

The four kids behind the car look suspiciously like the four kids from South Park.

The four kids next to Sif look suspiciously like four generic kids.

Ohhh, okay. I was staring at the kids around Sif trying to figure it out.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    two behind the car and two next to Sif actually

• Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure who the redhead is but isn't the blond girl one of Volstagg's?

• Options
    she is, and the redhead's clothing looks pretty asgardian as well

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Wolverine and the X-Men #27

Genesis does a little bonding with his newest classmate, who also gets a codename from Wolverine in a lovely nod to people as old as me.
    2cD0OEl.jpg
    RXyMMaw.jpg

DmYM9C7.jpg
    VDFweCH.jpg

Huh. I assumed Genesis was raised in a program of Superman's fairytale awesome Kansas not of real world Kansas.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    "Let me know if you need suggestions on where you can stick it, Alex"

"Okay! Sounds great!"

Remender is great and Havok is great

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Turambar has been kidnapped by Centipede Damascus and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

I make my money through ONOMONOPEIA!
    I drink that shit up like fresh sangria
    Is that enough to FILL YA?
    Now quiet you’re interrupting my animes.
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    it's the forbidden word of crwth?

• Options
    rfilyaw

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Save me!
    The answer is ronnie-kun!

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    iguanacus has been kidnapped by Centipede Damascus and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

Two forks would be lovely!
    Now, polish my head, skank!
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    WiseManTobes has been kidnapped by Wearingglasses and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

My name is something you’d find near toilets
    But that’s nothing compared to the shit I deal with
    For a brief stint, I tried adoption
    But the kid I got turned out to be rotten
    Which forumer am I?