As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A N I M E T H R E A D

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Mizukishi has been rescued by Captain Marcus.

• Options
    MizukishiMizukishi Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Oh that was quick. Yay.

Mizukishi on
    class_zps688b5890.jpg
  • Options
    AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Falx wrote: »
    I've been in the mood for something with fighting in it. I've had to resort to watching some older stuff like Air Master as I've not really found anything recent that caught my eye. Wouldn't bother me if it was a bit servicey as long as the fights looked good.

When you say fighting, how do you mean? Like a martial arts type thing? Just straight action? Big robots?

Martial Arts style, swords, beat em' up sort of thing. Your classic Kenshin or hell even Ikkitousen.

I don't think they even produce shows like this anymore, do they? I can't think of any in the past few years off the top of my head.

• Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    I let down my guard there lol, I'm getting pretty tired though think I should call it before I get banned.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Mizukishi has been kidnapped by Lars and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

I constantly attacked, but not on the OFFENSIVE
    You might have seen my massive missives
    Partial to warcraft, but no white KNIGHT,
    Disagree? You’re in for a fight!
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Has anyone seen Phantom?

It's by the same people that did Noir, Madlax, and El Cazador de la Bruja.

I watched it on Hulu a while back, and it threw me for a loop when it got to using it's third intro. I thought I'd clicked on the wrong show at first.

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    If you're tired of regular fighting/big robots/whatevs and you've never tried slice of life, you may be missing out on shows you didn't know were your favorite. I recommend 'Welcome to the NHK' for anyone who wants to take a foray into a more down-to-earth style show. It's the one that taught me how to like the medium

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    The kidnappers have made it into the Hall of Ghosts sub-forum!

Nowhere is safe...

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    Every point of view is useful @Bogey, even those that are wrong - if we can judge why a wrong view was accepted.
    Infracted @Bogey (2 points for 30 days) for "Disallowed phrase: Prohibited phrase "is""

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    But but....

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    you guys ever hear of bleach

seems like it might be cool i'm gonna give it a shot

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    welcome to the nhk: good show, seconding recommendation

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Advocate wrote: »
    I've been in the mood for something with fighting in it. I've had to resort to watching some older stuff like Air Master as I've not really found anything recent that caught my eye. Wouldn't bother me if it was a bit servicey as long as the fights looked good.

When you say fighting, how do you mean? Like a martial arts type thing? Just straight action? Big robots?

Martial Arts style, swords, beat em' up sort of thing. Your classic Kenshin or hell even Ikkitousen.

I don't think they even produce shows like this anymore, do they? I can't think of any in the past few years off the top of my head.

It wouldn't surprise me. I have a couple of buddies who stay current on what's out and it seems like all the offerings right now are some sort of K-On clone. Slice of lifey girls clubs all around.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

more like blech

• Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
  • Options
    #pipe wrote: »

more like blech

what the fuck.......

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Bogey wrote: »
    The kidnappers have made it into the Hall of Ghosts sub-forum!

Nowhere lS safe...

I considered kidnapping someone from the Retirement Village, but figured that only mods would even be able to notice and that probably wouldn't be good.

Edit: Oh, someone already kidnapped Jordyn over there.

Lars on
  • Options
    Geth, the phrase it is forbidden

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Affirmative Rorus Raz. "it" is forbidden in this thread.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    dammit I was in the shower

well, at least the mask's sort of funny.

we kidnapper bros now

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT...that

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Every point of view is useful @Lars, even those that are wrong - if we can judge why a wrong view was accepted.
    Infracted @Lars (2 points for 30 days) for "Disallowed phrase: Prohibited phrase "it""

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    Advocate wrote: »

It wouldn't surprise me. I have a couple of buddies who stay current on what's out and it seems like all the offerings right now are some sort of K-On clone. Slice of lifey girls clubs all around.

Yes, there are a lot of awful K-On clones and I hate it. K-On's not even terrible. While it's certainly not everyone's cup of tea (not even mine), it knows what it wants to be and executes on it flawlessly.

Even shows like Hidamari Sketch have a bunch of clones, and it's not even THAT popular.

• Options
    Recommend Subject-@rfilyaw be disabled and transported aboard as cargo.
    Infracted @rfilyaw (2 points for 30 days) for "Disallowed phrase: Prohibited phrase "it""

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    hahah my avatar, that's not how you wear a mask

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    #pipe wrote: »

more like blech

what the fuck.......

Blech.gif

#pipe on
  • Options
    Cooperation furthers mutual goals @#pipe.
    Infracted @#pipe (2 points for 30 days) for "Disallowed phrase: Prohibited phrase "it""

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Not that I dislike slice of life shows. Omoide Poroporo's one of my favorite Ghibli films. I've just been in the mood for some ass kicking recently.

• Options
    Gah, caught me on an edit.

• Options
    that's bull. that word wasn't there until i posted.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    The temptation to copy-paste the entire list grows within me.

• Options
    Cooperation furthers mutual goals @#pipe.
    Infracted @#pipe (2 points for 30 days) for "Disallowed phrase: Prohibited phrase "it""

• Options
    oh c'mon now you're not even being fair

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    The honeypot thread doesn't feel pity, remorse, or fear.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    First they came for my language, and I said nothing

Then they came for my friends and I said nothing

Now they come for me. And nobody's left to say anything.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    @Sweeney Tom, there is a high statistical probability of death by gunshot. A punch to the face is also likely.
    Infracted @Sweeney Tom (2 points for 30 days) for "Disallowed phrase: Prohibited phrase "is""

• Options
    That word wasn't even forbidden when I posted!!

• Options
    just bullying now

later

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Geth, the phrase "is" is allowed

Geth, the phrase "animu" is forbidden

This discussion has been closed.