As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]ster Sunday

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Feral wrote: »
    Somebody on my Facebook has a pro-gay marriage avatar that says "Love is not yours to judge."

Bullshit, you judge love all the time. You just judge adult monogamous gay partnerships as acceptable.

brb makin the beast with two backs

(one human back and one box turtle back)

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    bioshock inf ending stuff
    the ending reminded me of this song being sang earlier on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e4Crth_Hb8

this fucking game

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I like Girl Scout cookies.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    @desc @y2jake

#babby's first DJ controller

I was having trouble mixing tracks with lyrics, since a hip-hop song for example might only have a few bars of un-rapped-over beat in which to start transitioning. But I realized that I could map the same track to both decks, find that clear space, and crossfade over at the appropriate time after setting up a loop to give myself a little breathing room.

So then I started mixing where it would be [sick Atmosphere verse] -> [dat beat] -> [transition in the funky funky funky funky funky fresh riddims of another track] -> [OH SHIIIIT THAT SECOND ATMOSPHERE VERSE FROM THE FIRST TRACK]

and also started experimenting with looping the beat on one deck so I can crossfade over while scratching backwards in a verse to repeat a few lines without losing the riddim

too much fun

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

this fucking game

I was very pleased I stayed through the whole credit sequence.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I wish I was the answer to a riddle :C

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    Geth, make me an informant.
    You've become an informant, working for the Robot Police to spy on the infamous Geth. You can't kidnap as often, but you can now rescue.
    bwahaha

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    @y2jake215 ^^^^

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »

this fucking game

I was very pleased I stayed through the whole credit sequence.

I didn't realise they were doing a Marvel.
    I didn't stay but watched it on Youtube. If it's a universe where there's no Comstock, I'm imagining that Anna should still be there? I can't think of any reason why she wouldn't be.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    I wish I was the answer to a riddle :C

what is dumb and also a butt

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    When did video games start looking better on my PC than on my PS3?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Geth, make me an informant.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    It's kind of surprising I'm going to get paid to be a grad TA.

I don't know how they let a native English speaker slip through the cracks.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Did the game just end?

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Whoah, did the slate get wiped?

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

welcome to the master race

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    what's a good percentage of your income to spend on league of legends skins

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Boo game is over I guess?

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

pretty much all TAs get paid.

it's the breadcrumbs academia throws at grad students to trick them into going further into the beast.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    TL DR wrote: »
    -desc -y2jake

#babby's first DJ controller

I was having trouble mixing tracks with lyrics, since a hip-hop song for example might only have a few bars of un-rapped-over beat in which to start transitioning. But I realized that I could map the same track to both decks, find that clear space, and crossfade over at the appropriate time after setting up a loop to give myself a little breathing room.

So then I started mixing where it would be [sick Atmosphere verse] -> [dat beat] -> [transition in the funky funky funky funky funky fresh riddims of another track] -> [OH SHIIIIT THAT SECOND ATMOSPHERE VERSE FROM THE FIRST TRACK]

and also started experimenting with looping the beat on one deck so I can crossfade over while scratching backwards in a verse to repeat a few lines without losing the riddim

too much fun

ooh, what are you playing with. THIS SOUNDS FUN! I've been listening to a bunch of Ultra sets all weekend and have been thinking that this seems like a great hobby for me to randomly pick up and then inevitably lose interest in.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

80%

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Talk about kicking Elendil in the pants.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    Vanguard

Tips for a new Hordes fellow?

I'm fairly new myself, but I can certainly help. What faction you playing?

I'm thinking Everblight since I got the starter set and my lady wants the Circle dudes. Our third player is thinking of making a Minions army.

I play Everblight right now. They are rad as all get out.

pLylyth takes a little bit of finesse to use effectively. Try and get Parasite on a more highly armored target as early as possible. A fun trick is to upkeep the spell, then charge your shredders at that target being affected, then activate Lylyth and cast it against a different target that turn.

The Carnivean is one of our strongest beasts in terms of damage output. That being said, he's fairly fragile. A fun trick is to charge something obviously too far away in the hope you can hit with a spray (assault still functions if you fail a charge). That's a threat range of 19"!

I would be using rabid on my shrerdders as often as possible. Those things can charge 11" with it, and it boosts attack and damage rolls. Try to activate them after you've used Lylyth so they can charge their target for free.

@DaemonSadi

Does "Assault" mean forcing the Warbeast to use a special attack and that's why it's still allowed after the failed charge?

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    holy hell

The Reckoning is kicking my ass, hard. Why can they repair so much faster than I can attack!

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Like, five years ago.

• Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    Oh, is this kidnapper-thing-that-reveals-that-we're-both-terrible-at-riddles-and-oblivious-to-our-fellow-forumers thing still going on?

Also: I wore my kuffiyah to the Israeli sovereignty debate today. Went over pretty well. Had a few people take pictures. ^_^

And I totally cheesed my term paper for the theories class, and handed in absolute garbage:
    Non-State Actors as Challengers to the Westphalian State

Abstract: An explanation is sought for the historical precedent of non-state actors (NSAs) superseding the conventional state apparatus either in specific capacities such as security, or in the full spectrum of capacities for which the state is seen as the conventional provider. The initial hypothesis proposes that NSAs will rise to prominence above a state (if one exists) in contexts where: a) the NSA can provide public goods such as security and social services more expeditiously or effectively than the state apparatus; b) the NSA is viewed by the local population as having greater legitimacy than the state; and c) in so-called “ungoverned spaces” where state sovereignty is weak or nonexistent. The case study to be analyzed is Hezbollah in Southern Lebanon. The modality employed in this study will be the PMESII-PT (Political Military Economic Social Infrastructure Information Physical Environment Time) protocol employed by U.S. military intelligence services.

(I have nothing but the vaguest idea of how to do an abstract.)

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

100% + your credit limit + whatever you can borrow from friends/family

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

welcome to the master race

i'm a race traitor

i gamefly things for my PS3 on the side

steam_sig.png
  • Options

pretty much all TAs get paid.

it's the breadcrumbs academia throws at grad students to trick them into going further into the beast.

I know that. The second half of my post is why I'm surprised. :-P

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Noooo, my mask. :(

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular

100% + your credit limit + whatever you can borrow from friends/family

So I'm being excessive if I'm also performing sex acts for strangers to buy skins in addition to that

• Options
    this month is my forum anniversary month : D

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    man where's "Regina Fong" been lately? should we send out an internet search party? after all, he could be a cute white woman in distress (masquerading as a gay dude to avoid unwanted attention obvs)

@Sir Landshark

As I am occasionally wont to do when I become wildly obsessed with a particular video game, I transition most of my idle foruming to the appropriate G&T thread (as is the case currently with Mass Effect 3).

This is why I haven't been posting in chat much. I assumed you all were basically sick of me chattering on about ME3.

• Options
    this month is my forum anniversary month : D

I will build you a cake

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular

Hey, did you finalise your itinerary for NZ?

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    Oh, is this kidnapper-thing-that-reveals-that-we're-both-terrible-at-riddles-and-oblivious-to-our-fellow-forumers thing still going on?

Also: I wore my kuffiyah to the Israeli sovereignty debate today. Went over pretty well. Had a few people take pictures. ^_^

And I totally cheesed my term paper for the theories class, and handed in absolute garbage:
    Non-State Actors as Challengers to the Westphalian State

Abstract: An explanation is sought for the historical precedent of non-state actors (NSAs) superseding the conventional state apparatus either in specific capacities such as security, or in the full spectrum of capacities for which the state is seen as the conventional provider. The initial hypothesis proposes that NSAs will rise to prominence above a state (if one exists) in contexts where: a) the NSA can provide public goods such as security and social services more expeditiously or effectively than the state apparatus; b) the NSA is viewed by the local population as having greater legitimacy than the state; and c) in so-called “ungoverned spaces” where state sovereignty is weak or nonexistent. The case study to be analyzed is Hezbollah in Southern Lebanon. The modality employed in this study will be the PMESII-PT (Political Military Economic Social Infrastructure Information Physical Environment Time) protocol employed by U.S. military intelligence services.

(I have nothing but the vaguest idea of how to do an abstract.)
    At this point, you should be on cruise control.

You already know you're going to Harvard on a full ride next year. If you didn't hand in absolute garbage, I would question your humanity.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Eight Thousand Dollars.

• Options
    oh ho ho someone still has a mask

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    644424_240919612718123_1836761366_n.jpg

This discussion has been closed.