As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Puzzle & Dragons: Hhhhhggrrlgllllrb

• Options
    LubonyLubony Registered User regular
    yeah im gonna have to wait on hera. 3 stones wasted and cant get past the first level , all 4 tries had 2 synced up monsters that murder me in moments.

No rules or morals except those you choose to accept and live by.
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Step 1: Begin fresh install.

Step 2: Did you get a god from your first rare egg?

If no: Go to step 1.

Step 3: Get a healer friend.

Step 4: Farm Rippers.

Step 5: Farm Pengdras.

Step 6: Get a Sky Dragon.

Step 7: Realize Sky Dragons suck and that was a waste of time.

Step 8: What the fuck is this Hera shit, goddamnitt.

Ancient Dragons are amazing though. 25k AOE damage every 9 turns! If you can skill them up you can get it down to 4 turns! Good stats too! Only downside is it costs more than my whole team...

Plus skilling them up involves actually getting a dozen (or more) of them.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    What are you using for your team and what did you get from the rare egg machine? Do you have the easter egg dragon?

I did not play during the easter event, so no, I don't have the easter egg dragon.

My team is:
    Tyrra (starting monster)
    Blue Goblin
    Woodsie
    Yellow Carbuncle
    Black Fighter (i'm pretty sure this guy was my rare egg monster)

• Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    Lubony wrote: Β»
    After watching some videos online i realised not only was i playing this game completly wrong...but i also suck at it, holy crap watching the way some people manipulate the orbs is crazy.

I may be playing it wrong too. Got a link to any particularly good videos?

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options
    Unless you are particularly attached to your progress atm @Lucascraft, I'd recommend re-rolling until you get a much better starter rare egg monster.

Basically any God is good, I think.

Black fighter is not very good.

Any god on your starting team will fix your problems of being one shot in that temple, as it probably has more HP than the entire rest of your team put together.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuDNFCE7Rzg he so effortlessly makes crazy combos and setups.

• Options
    Thanks Lubony. A lot of those patterns I've learned but I saw at least two new ones there!

I'm finding the hard part is not messing up matches I've created as I try to run off and get new matches.

What would one need to beat Hera? The log in screen said zeus was coming but you'd want hera first.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I am not attached to my progress, no. I guess I can reroll and hope for a better rare egg.

In the meantime, are there any sites or anything that explain the best fusions? Or how to better fuse in general? I've just been doing it pretty randomly.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    The general rules of thumb are

-feeding same element monsters to same element monsters gives you an exp boost
    -you want to feed 5 monsters together, as the cost in gold to feed monsters depends on the level of the monster you are feeding too
    -at a certain point it becomes more efficient to level up the monsters you are feeding (I've heard this recommended with the evolved carbuncles) and then feed those to your monster.

The wiki listed in the OP has a 'quick evolution list' which will tell you the exp needed to max out your monsters.

Also if you get 'metal dragons' that say they are enhance material they give lots of exp.

If you're just starting I would say

-reroll until you get a decent starter drop (level 30 god, of any kind, is probably good)
    -on Thursday, be sure to run the 'green dragon dungeon' to get evo materials (dragon seeds/dragon plants/dragon flowers) Additionally dragon fruits are pretty darn good for their cost. this dungeon is very easy, IMO
    -on Friday, be sure to run the sprite dungeon to the get ghost looking guys (that end in 'lit) for evo'ing / resolve teams. I think these dungeons are also quite easy
    -on the weekend, run the tri-color dungeons that give you tons of cash (but not much exp or drops). I was perpetually out of money from evo'ing things until I started running this. It's also a pretty easy dungeon
    -run any 'dungeon of the metal/sapphire/emerald' dungeon that pops up. These give you dragons which are worth quite a bit of exp when fed to your pets. They are quite easy dungeons.
    -I spent most of my magic eggs on getting more boxes. I have 100 now? I would save the others until a 'godfest' rolls around.

Keep turning in your PAL eggs to get lil dragons, which can be evolved into rippers. If you do get a desirable god, log in and out so that other people who want to use your leader card as a helper can do so - more PAL points for you.

I got one each of the red/yellow/dark/green rippers and put them all on a team. Then I evoed them up to their 3rd form. The team is massively, massively over cost, but as long as you switch to a team that is not over cost when the game complains at you, you can use the over cost team in dungeons just fine (which helps a ton when you are starting out and cost seems to be your big limiter)

Also check out the link in the OP 'what monsters beginners should farm for'.

It will also help you know what friends to try to make. If they have an auto healer (heals you when you match orbs) or a poison monster or a shiva or an echidna, I'd try to friend them up. Also I'd add all the active PA guys as friends - a lot of them (sadly not me) have auto healers up which will make your life much easier.

You (or someone) asked if you should have to go back and run older dungeons. This certainly happened to me, as at one point I was just getting massacred by what I ran into. I just ran whichever one was 1/2 stamina, and called in a new friend each time (+10 pal points!). I could chain run them until I levelled up and got lots of pal points in the process too.

Vorpal on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    theres a bunch of strategies on the puzzles and dragon forums, my problem is i dont have enough team points or proper gods to make a high hp / damage team to do the dungeon proper, so i gotta rely on my demon viper orochi to build a resolve team, which was easy, but if the monsters on the first wave are on the same timer resolve team is boned instantly as you ahvent had time to build up skills to help you wipe them out.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    @Lucascraft Black fighter is from the tutorial, maybe you fused what came out of the rare egg machine? Either way I'd say restart.
    Check out this post for a guide to what is and isn't good.
    http://ggftw.com/forum/game-discussion/118764-iphone-android-puzzle-dragons.html#post1783761

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Just be aware that I reset about 10-15 times before I pulled my Isis.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    So, what's the deal with Hades in this Hera dungeon? pdx says it deals 82k? I can put together about a 12k hp ama/odin team, wondering if i can do this stoneless.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    NabobNabob Registered User regular
    Guhhhh I've done Castle of Satan about 15 times now and still haven't even seen a knight!

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2367-6821
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    So, what's the deal with Hades in this Hera dungeon? pdx says it deals 82k? I can put together about a 12k hp ama/odin team, wondering if i can do this stoneless.
    Hades hits really really hard. You need ~16,500+ HP to take a hit from him with Odin. Just finished with the Ogre/Ama team I posted earlier. I can post some pictures in a bit.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Squid56Squid56 Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    So I never really asked, but my starter pull was Loki - I figured it was a god so that was a decent pull. For the longest time I had trouble fitting him into a group though, with his 20 cost - but now he's rockin' my light/dark team.

Side note - is it worth it to use gold/metal dragons to try to level your Siren? Seems like a waste with the like color bonus going by the way side.

Squid56 on
  • Options
    Hades hits really really hard. You need ~16,500+ HP to take a hit from him with Odin. Just finished with the Ogre/Ama team I posted earlier. I can post some pictures in a bit.

Hmmm, ok so I guess my only possibility is resolve. Is Hera guaranteed? All the screens I see of people completing get one.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Yes Hera is a 100% guarantee.

I boneheaded and didn't use any magic stones to get my resolve team past the first round. Then read somewhere that basically if you spend 5 stones to just think of it as a REM pull.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Ooh 5 stones to get a Hera sounds pretty darn good, actually.

Someone tell me how to resolve team for this dungeon properly.

Every time I've tried a resolve team it's failed horribly haha.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm really hesitant to try and help with a resolve team since I'm nervous about them myself. Been playing way too long with my Archangel leader to learn how to play without losing life. I did read though that the best is the Viper/Ama team (with Ama really high RCV). My friend helped me set up my team which consists of:

Viper (Lead)
    Ama MAX (Friend)
    Lilith <- for Hera herself
    Red Ripper
    Echidna
    Vritra

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    So basically...you want to make sure that the health healed by your auto healer is enough to put your team at 70-80-90% hp, whatever it is, to exceed the resolve thres hold.

How do you determine how much health you'd get back? Is it 3x RCV?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Expect to spend a few stones. If you get two devils in the first level, just quit. If you have Vritra you don't need Lilith, Vritra will break Neptune's armor as I understand it.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited April 2013
    So here's my Hera adventure if it helps anyone.
    I had to use Ogre and Amaterasu because I don't have a Viper Orochi and my Amaterasu *still* needs two mythlits to evolve then like a billion xp. If you have a high level Amaterasu O or a Viper Orochi, you are in much better shape because you can fit bigger monsters with more hp and better skills.

2tU55SU.png
    The Team:

Ogre Lv 2 HP 120 Atk 95 (As low level as possible, Ogres gain HP quickly. This one came out of the PAL machine lower than they can spawn in the game.)
    Thunder Chimera Lv 40 HP 584 Atk 1105 30 turn 20x attack (You want to get this to level 30 at least so you can one shot all the devils in rooms 2,3, and 4)
    Snow Dome Dragon Vert Lv 1 HP 777 Atk 505 13 turn 30x attack (Quick charging attack, yes it has a lot of HP, but it was a lot easier than training another chimera)
    Neptune Lv 16 HP 543 Atk 353 20 turn 2x poison (You need either a monster with poison/Gravity/75% armor reduction or something to get by Neptune's 72,000 armor)
    Harpie Demon Lv 46 HP 490 Atk 1013 9 turn attack (Ideally a lower cooldown if possible) (I took this screenshot last so the Harpie demon is higher level than when I ran it, and I got the cooldown to 6 turns! Should make things easier if I go back in, which I'm thinking about doing.)
    Team HP 2514
    +Ama 3101

Friend leader:
    Ama 3101/ 925*5= 4625

4625-4211.25= 413 spare hp

AMlbbg5.png

Room 1:
    The first time I got here there were two devils... So I died and waited for stamina regen.

The second time I got these two. They hit together every six turns. It seemed doable. You have to keep in mind that the demons have 2200 armor. I spent 3 stones but was able to put down the demon and freely charge all of my skills against the knight. I also stored some light orbs for the next turn and let poison kill him.

(Also apparently hit the volume button by accident.)

BwoDa5e.png

Room 2:
    Well Lucky me! Another double hit. The chimera sweeps the devil, and takes a chunk out of the other two, but with all my skills, I'm not able to save myself from dying again and losing a stone. Total -4 stones. I am able to kill the demon in time to avoid losing more stones, and again charge skills and store orbs.

5ZF0qzy.png

Room 3:
    I actually get lucky here, the chimera kills the devil, and these guys will never attack on the same turn. Even if they would have, the green easter dragon hits the frost demon for ~30k killing it.
    Charge skills, store orbs and proceed.

UHMrqAf.png

Room 4:
    This would be bad if it wasn't a color my green easter dragon was strong against. Kill the devil with chimera, demon with dragon and I'm in the clear.

Rooms 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10:
    As long as you match 3 orbs you cannot die here! (If you did the math right when making your team) Also make sure you have poison or gravity or grudge strike for neptune.

YKL4WHl.png
    Hera Get! I'm going to find a way to jam her into my Ancient Dragon team, because Holy crap I am sick of that guy and his 7,000,000+ HP

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Whoah, nice guide ! Thanks :)

I have an ogre and the easter dragon, but like you, my auto healer is not levelled up yet. So I'd need to use someone elses auto healer. As I don't have any kind of poison/armor break monster, I think this probably precludes me from finishing the dungeon, as I couldn't use a helper as my helper slot will be filled with auto healer.

Where are the best places to get a poison/armor break monster? I am in the middle of the castle of satan, atm.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Am I crazy, I could have sworn the demons on the first floor started at 3 turns 2 turns but then synced up after a round...

• Options
    If demons are 2/3 they will never sync. Was one a devil or a mystic knight?
    Vorpal wrote: Β»
    Whoah, nice guide ! Thanks :)

I have an ogre and the easter dragon, but like you, my auto healer is not levelled up yet. So I'd need to use someone elses auto healer. As I don't have any kind of poison/armor break monster, I think this probably precludes me from finishing the dungeon, as I couldn't use a helper as my helper slot will be filled with auto healer.

Where are the best places to get a poison/armor break monster? I am in the middle of the castle of satan, atm.
    Your best bet would be to chain run Skydragon of Dark on Expert or Master and hope the succubus drops. You could also get her from the Castle of Satan level Witches' Ball, but the drop rate is not very good there.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Man, Hera is a good reason to leave my Neptune unleveled, but fuck that, I want a seven star.

I was going to make Neptune into has dark form. Is there a particular reason that's bad and I should light form him?

• Options
    I have the 3rd form Dark resist dragon. with a good auto healer think that's enough for skydragon master or expert ?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Nah, was light and dark demon. Crazy confirmed I suppose, must have misread.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    @Darkwolfe, Not that I know of. Later on there might be a reason. If we get Hera-Is later you'll want something that gives dark/ice resist for sure.

@Vorpal Do you have any monster that could turn something into hearts? If not, you'll need an Amaterasu friend with at least 920 RCV to heal off the Master skydragon's damage. Or a rainbow keeper/echidna/ some way to slow the damage for a bit.

The other problem with Master level is there is a 1% chance you'll meet the "Porter of Hell Demon Dogs" who hits for 21,062. Doable with some hp and a 50% resist, game over with 30% resist. Hilariously enough spawned on me the first time I tried Master with 30% resist and ended my run. 1% chance. Good times.

Expert level is easier, you would need a 623 RCV Amaterasu to finish it with a 30% resist dragon. Less if you can reduce damage for a bit or have a heart creator.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Apparently that Mystic Knight schedule is off, according to the puzzle dragons forums http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=4286&page=9 now I have to see if i can get through the last level of castle of satan to keep trying for my mdk. At least I'm at almost 20 runs without seeing one, I would've been pissed to finally see one and it be the wrong knight :)

• Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    Reading this thread is very overwhelming for someone who is just Rank 13 and struggling to get coins to level up his starter dragon and random low-lvl buddies, haha.

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    Is the 623 RCV I need having to come from the amaterasu herself or the total RCV on my team?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Smoogy wrote: Β»
    Reading this thread is very overwhelming for someone who is just Rank 13 and struggling to get coins to level up his starter dragon and random low-lvl buddies, haha.

Start with a not shitty rare. Get some lil dragons. Make them ripper dragons.

Everything else can be thought about once you've parsed that basic stuff.

• Options
    Well I got a fire knight on the 4th floor. Waiting on my stamina to recharge now to see if I can do floor 5! Amateratsu okami makes stuff eeeeeaasy

• Options
    So basically...you want to make sure that the health healed by your auto healer is enough to put your team at 70-80-90% hp, whatever it is, to exceed the resolve thres hold.

Ama's do 5x while the others do 3x.

Congrats on snagging Hera! I tried and got both demons on the same timer right off the bat. *sigh* Just a sign that I'm not supposed to get Hera I guess.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    How do I log out? It seems that sometimes when I leave my phone for a good while, I come back and I have to log back in, but other times, I open P&D after a few hours and it's exactly where I left it, which I assume means nobody can use my dudes.

• Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    arrrrgh, why is it i can never be around for when the ruby dragon evo materials appear, i need 2 of those fucks for a pengdra

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: Β»

Ama's do 5x while the others do 3x.

5x the RCV of your team or 5x the RCV of the healer?

Presumably the RCV of your team is used when you heal via heart orbs.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    There's Metal Dragon Hunting for the next 20 minutes. Dunno if that's a thing you might want.