As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Deadlands: The Weird [Phalla]. Night 9: Hell on Earth (mafia victory)!

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Doubted what?

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    This cyth vote isn't happening too easily. No sir.

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Don't trust the network call?

• Options
    Whoops. Didn't see that.

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Cythraul

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Vote closed. Narration pending.

Assuran on
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Night 8: Standing On the Eve of Destruction

The Nations were growing desperate and accusations were flying back and forth between the two countries. They finally agreed that the woman causing all of this trouble needed to be put down.
    The rounded up Mina Devlin and drug her to the closest tree they could find.

As they were fitting her for her tie, Cythraul calmly smiled and said, “Fools, you’ve already lost. You just don’t know it yet.”

General William Tecumseh Sherman was the Union’s bulwark against the South. He burned Atlanta to the ground and destroyed Bowling Green. Tonight, he had hunted down MikeyCTS, Confederate Loyalist and sent him to the brig. Once there, he noticed he was being stalked. He quickly jumped on his horse and made for the winding cavern he had set camp in the hills of the Badlands.

However, he was not used to facing such a tricky foe as the one he found himself engaged in this night. It stalked him relentlessly, doubling back and finding him time and again despite his best efforts of deception. Finally, the beast cornered him and Vertroue had no place left to run. The thing devoured his very essence.

Ketbra, Union Loyalist knew that Mina was evil the entire time. He just didn’t realize saying it out loud would result in a rather nasty case of the exploding head.

The shadows have grown dark and dangerous, twisting into menacing figures with life of their own. Fear encircles everything.

And now, we stand on the eve of destruction.

The Dead:
    Cythraul, Mina Devlin - the Vote
    MikeyCTS, Confederate Loyalist - Arrested by the US Army
    Vertroue, General William Tecumseh Sherman, the Vig Hunted and devoured
    Ketbra, Union Loyalist - Head exploded rather violently

No inactivity. PMs are going out.

Assuran on
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    OooOOooOOoooO

V7LDDQG.png

oOooOooOooOoO

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    000ooo000ooo000

Horray for the Confederacy!

ooo000ooo000ooo

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    Day 9 begins now as all PMs are out.

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    o0oo0oo

Winter is coming fools
    Fly!

o0o0o

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    9 left?

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Yeah, I think it's 9.

Anyways, I'm not going to be on much tomorrow. I'm also calling it a night, god damn do I hate it when RL stuff dumps a bunch of work on me. ><

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I'd withdraw but I don't think we have a replacement, so I'll just tough it out.

Mill on
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    4. Phyphor
    9. Mill
    20. Megafrost
    23. blahmcblah
    29. Zonugal
    34. Kaplar
    38. spool32
    41. JaysonFour
    43. Wiet

4 mafia dead. They probably had 7 or 8 to start with so that's 3-4 left. Hopefully 3

Phyphor on
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Hmm... Might this be the one time Zonugal is actually mafia?

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Wiet is a quiet riot.

• Options
    Megafrost. Nuh-uh. I'm quieter.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Folks, we have a problem, and I think I know how to solve it.

Since Mill put out his call for specials following a called vig, the village has been systematically torn apart. It started with Greeper and Phyphor, who both made seer claims to Mill. Greeper was more circumspect, and Phyphor seemed to have good info, so Mill believed him and out went Greeper.

That was a bad call that was never really explained in public. Since then we've also lost a healer and a vig, and last night what's left of Mill's network killed Mikey (who my seer earlier verified to him as CSA), and what I think was the CSA vig also put a hit on me that I just barely survived. Who's apparently been orchestrating this village bloodletting while the mafia gets kill after kill in Mill's network and mine?

Phyphor.

Now, he's going to say (and Mill will confirm) that he made the call to vote Cythraul, but even that is suspect - from the narration, apparently voting for him is what killed Ketbra! That doesn't happen by accident. Mill's been tight lipped so I don't know the content of all their discussions, but you don't just luck into killing a known villager the way Ketbra died - I believe Phyphor called for a vote that he knew would result in the death of a villager as well. Then he talked vert into killing Mikey (who I'd already confirmed was CSA) and the as-yet unknown CSA vig into taking a shot at me.

If it had worked, the mafia might have won last night. Fortunately, I already had misgivings as you can see in the thread and as Mill (and vert and mikey, if they were still alive) would confirm. So instead of following Mill's seer requests, we conferred and decided to aim at Phyphor instead. And guess what?

Phyphor is mafia. Mill's network is compromised. They took out a seer, a vig, a healer, the neutral we'd confirmed to Mill (Aura), the CSA we'd confirmed (Mikey) and, acting I believe on his influence, tried to take out me.

I am a Union mouthpiece for a seer, and my seer's call didn't get one of us killed. It's time to vote out Phyphor and see if we can salvage the game before their gambit sinks yet another village.

• Options
    Bahahahaha good one spool

Your seer is bunk, mafia. I seered ebum, and I seered cythraul.

If I was mafia why would I give up a mafia just for one measly kill?

Who is your guard then? OF course Mill's network is compromised - you know who I am (and oddly enough didn't kill me, but I guess taking out the vig was higher priority). Fortunately, you don't know the CSA vig so we're good

Post your seer report then

• Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    Assuming 3-4 mafia are left with 6-5 villagers. Worst case scenario we need to kill two mafia tonight to stop them from breaking even with the village, and thus winning. At that point trading a mafia for a villager doesn't seem like that much of a wild move? It got the game to the point where we might lose tonight after all.

I need to think this over before putting my vote in.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, spool. If you were a villager being fooled by a mafia you'd structure your argument differently. This is a straight up mafia ploy - they don't know how big my network is, only that it's at least me, mill, the vig and whoever I seered last night, unless he died. And that's too big for them.

I suspect that Cythraul had some sort of kill ability, or maybe a revenge kill and the narration being written in that way was was host discretion, I know that I would do that even if there was no direct causal link as it makes a good narration.

But, for those who are village and not in my network: why would I call a vote on a mafia through mill, instead of a non-mafia? That would have ended the game

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I'm going to throw a vote on spool. It's something to go on, at least... if it ends tonight, it ends tonight. But I think his argument makes more sense than spool's, anyways.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    Also, we're down to the end anyway. Seers wont matter anymore as tonight or tomorrow will be the last day:

Spool, reveal your seer. If you're village you're revealing a mafia.
    If you're mafia, you need to give up another mafia, or a vanillager will out you

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    If I was mafia why would I give up a mafia just for one measly kill?

Who is your guard then? OF course Mill's network is compromised - you know who I am (and oddly enough didn't kill me, but I guess taking out the vig was higher priority). Fortunately, you don't know the CSA vig so we're good

You thought the CSA vig would take me out too. It was a neat little set up but it didn't work. The better question is why you picked Ketbra - maybe you thought he was the seer? Maybe you had bad intel, but somebody put the CSA vig on me last night as well. With me, mikey, and Aura gone, there would be only two people left in my group, and Ket dying leaves Mill basically alone.

We'd have been at 8 players, and with your mafia kill and a vote bloc you could win in a day. That was your play - but it's blown up in your face now.

Mill will confirm he never told me who the Union vig was. I think he doubts you too. Vert certainly had her doubts but we couldn't finish talking it through before the narration appeared.

I'm sure as hell not telling you who my guard is!

• Options
    Why would I put the vote on a mafia and not a villager, so as to gain that extra margin?

You're seriously claiming that I, as a mafia, would kill a mafia who then kills a villager by dying, instead of killing a villager directly and then setting myself up for elimination the next day

• Options
    If I'd died like you expected, there would have been no one left to peg you. Mill asked me to keep your identity secret and I did so, and he even confirmed yesterday that I'd done what he asked.

• Options
    Actually, what I would do is get mill to vote out a villager and then hit mill and go up against the new network head, creating confusion and pretty much guaranteeing victory. I wouldn't attack you, because if you were legitimate you might have a guard. When going for an endgame maneuver you don't attack high value targets

• Options
    I'm almost insulted you think I'd make a plan so bad

• Options
    You can't hit up Mill, and you likely know this, because he does have a guard - one I gave him.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    So.

There's 9 players left.

We have you (vanilla)
    A seer
    At least 3 mafia
    A vig
    At least 2 guards
    + Mill (vanilla?)

Getting crowded in here!

Phyphor on
  • Options
    I mean, come on. You can't both have guards unless the only vanilla people left are the publicly revealed people and everyone else is a special. That's absurd

In which case everyone is in the network right? I mean really

• Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    I don't know how strong the vig is, but you don't need to be special to guard.

XStly.jpg
  • Options
    Presumably a vig is good enough to punch through a single, normal guard

• Options
    Even if it isn't though, just change those 2 guards to 2 networked people instructed to guard the heads and you still have the scenario where the entire village consists of 2 vanilla "network heads" 2 vanillas assigned to guard 1 vig and a seer. So the entire village would be networked at this point and all of this is academic! Right?

• Options
    Now, here's my version

Mafia has a guard - this is probable in a battle game!
    Mafia "assigns" guard to nominal network head - Mill
    Mafia actually assigns guard to mafia network head - spool
    Guard on mill is phenomenally successful! Village won't attack their nethead and the mafia won't either because they've infiltrated it

Village consists of 1 nethead, 1 seer, 1 vig, 2-3 vanillagers. Mafia consists of 1 guard, 2-3 others

• Options
    Please use feasible scenarios in the future, thanks

• Options
    So.

There's 9 players left.

We have you (vanilla)
    A seer
    At least 3 mafia
    A vig
    At least 2 guards
    + Mill (vanilla?)

Getting crowded in here!

Where does that put me?

• Options
    Now, here's my version

Mafia has a guard - this is probable in a battle game!
    Mafia "assigns" guard to nominal network head - Mill
    Mafia actually assigns guard to mafia network head - spool
    Guard on mill is phenomenally successful! Village won't attack their nethead and the mafia won't either because they've infiltrated it

Village consists of 1 nethead, 1 seer, 1 vig, 2-3 vanillagers. Mafia consists of 1 guard, 2-3 others

This is a good play, but you're let down by the roles of the Neutrals.

I love that you don't know this. Mill was sensible not to tell you - the guard would be dead now instead of you wasting your juice with the network trying to decapitate me.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Clearly mafia, unless you're in spool's "network" it would seem

Phyphor on