Options

[Phalla] Time Wars: JUMP 10 - America loses the war (mafia victory)

• Options
    ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    This just in: time travel sucks. Thanks to the village for... un-killing me? Yes.

Interesting that the village had an incredibly successful day, yet America is right back to square 1 if not square zero. This just in: time travel sucks.

Also, for anyone who hasn't translated it yet, as near as I can tell both other permakills translate as 'The will of the people' - in other words, it's named the same thing as our vote kill.

Apologies if this is retreading really old ground, but I've been dead a long time.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Two mafia killed on the same day and then the timeline got worse.

Weird.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    OoooOoooOooo
    My only regret is that I died because I apparently did not fully understand my abilities.
    OoooOoooOooo

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    Since I think everyone's pretty convinced I'm what I claim right now, I see no reason not to share my exact powers with all at this point: I can guard a person from one attack on days 3 and 5; this can be two different people. This echoes, like votes, so it works even if I'm tempdead (as I often am), based on my last set of orders.

First order of business: remove echoing vote on Phyphor until I figure out who to vote for today.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I'm putting this out here now, I am not going to try and figure out wtf is happening with the timeline, etc. It's too late for me.

But Flarne's vote post was screaming mafia to me.

INANTP, bringing up your spotless vote record when you had no information seems like a ... bad idea.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    We just saved ourselves two kills on day 1. Looks like whoever killed phyphor will be killing him forever.

With Langly and Gizzy not dying,
    SeGa again dies on day 5.
    I again die on day 6. (It is possible that i am scheduled to die every day on day 6, but on jump 5 38th beat my mystery assassin to the punch)
    Spoit dies again on day 4.

Other things:
    Invictus, Jpants, Locus and Blarney all die on day 4, just like last jump.

I do know if we are able to parse out the sources of the temp dead, but it would be a big help if we could.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Also, tonight we find out if IW was the source of the purple kill, or if its a faction thing.

Steam
  • Options
    For reference, today's active list:

MrT
    SLyM
    Assuran
    Mikey CTS
    Capfalcon
    enlightenedbum
    INANTP
    romanqwerty
    The Anonymous
    Mill
    TheRoadVirus
    Zombie Hero
    Retaba
    Ronrab

Obviously, this list must contain at least one mafia, (as any list of this size would)

Steam
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Should contain a mafia, yes!
    Sadly I have not been in contact with many folk, but I do know that Retaba still needs killin'.

• Options
    Sadly I have not been in contact with many folk, but I do know that Retaba still needs killin'.

If it didn't contain a mafia or other threat to village, the game would end.

Steam
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

If it didn't contain a mafia or other threat to village, the game would end.
    Threat to the village doesn't necessarily mean mafia, though. We could just be left with a serial killer or somesuch.

• Options
    Looking at Jump 1. We only had one kill on day 3.

People who died beforehand:
    Gizzy (not mentioned as sun tzu until day 5)
    The Anonymous
    Premium - Died Green
    Invictus
    INANTP - died on day 1 jump 4 and day 3 kills still there
    Retaba

So:
    TA
    Invictus
    Retaba

could be responsible for thos extra kills.

Romanqwerty is a name that cesareb had a good call on, and it hasn't been addressed since, so keep that name in mind too.

Steam
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    My feeling on Luecedes was spot on! Also, I'm not mafia or anything really. I'm just a mad scientist trying to set this world right!

• Options
    Putting a placeholder on Retaba for now.

Steam
  • Options
    So misguided, I am torn between a feeling of pity or righteous anger.

• Options
    Go with righteous pity

Steam
  • Options
    Feelings are overrated. Don't feel a thing, be a thing! Rather than feeling angry become a rage elemental, brought only to this plane to exact merciless vengeance upon all those who have wronged you. They don't even have to have wronged you! They can just be killed for what you assume was a slight they may or may not have done against themselves or another person or thing.

explosive_rage_elemental_by_tonie2000-d4msh60.jpg
    See that? That's you, as directed by Michael Bay

• Options
    Foolish, my Vengeance is pure and and will be directed at those ONLY who have wronged me so! Like you.

U59V10c.jpg

• Options
    TRV be purged bye fire!

• Options
    Ahahah crap. Doing too many things at once leads to disaster!

• Options
    Mmm but if I claim it is a pun to send him on his way, maybe I can get away with it...

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Meh Retaba needs to die

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Mikey CTS wrote: »
    Meh Retaba needs to die

This is a bad vote post

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    It is, will someone do me a favor and strike down all my enemies?

I'll even accept assistance from the mafia.

Never a Kime around when you need one!

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Anyways, if you guys vote out a villager tonight bad things won't happen, right? You should get crackin on your next move after my green death.

Retaba on
  • Options
    SLyM wrote: »
    Mikey CTS wrote: »
    Meh Retaba needs to die

This is a bad vote post

This is a mafia post.

We can do this back and forth all day long. How about we both agree to Post Better(tm).

• Options
    Those two posts aren't really the same thing.

SLyM's post has yours as evidence. In custody and chains and everything. Probably getting tazed right now.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Retaba wrote: »
    Those two posts aren't really the same thing.

SLyM's post has yours as evidence. In custody and chains and everything. Probably getting tazed right now.

This is empirically bullshit. Calling something a bad vote post doesn't mean a damn thing. How is it a bad vote post? What the hell defines something as a bad vote post? People make placeholder votes all the time and no one calls them on it. There is no difference between my post and a single vote post. People make single vote posts with no reasoning all the damn time and no one calls them on it. Including you, Retaba.

Mikey CTS on
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Settle down now. Everyone is bad and you should all feel bad.

If someone is willing, can you tell me the mechanics of your power? As in, do you target a day or a jump, Do you target all days simultaneously, etc. I have a theory.

• Options
    That isn't my understanding, a vote post with no reason has always been said to be a bad vote post. People aren't always called out on it because ??? but that doesn't really change that it isn't. SLyM's comment isn't an indication of mafia. A vote with no reason is a bad vote post.

So they aren't the same thing and the only way to determine if that will matter is if people vote for you for it. A bad vote post also isn't indication for someone being mafia either because as stated, lots of people do them!

Am I wrong on the first part?

• Options
    The only reasons I commented on it are because you're voting for me and because I wanted to make that joke.

Reasons.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    INANTP, bringing up your spotless vote record when you had no information seems like a ... bad idea.

I HAVE NEVER CARED

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Anyways, if you guys vote out a villager tonight bad things won't happen, right? You should get crackin on your next move after my green death.

I feel like a better defense would be pointing out a target that is more likely to be mafia. There is still plenty of time left today

Steam
  • Options

I feel like a better defense would be pointing out a target that is more likely to be mafia. There is still plenty of time left today

I know we're all impressed with my vote yesterday, but I can assure it was pure luck. :)

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Has anybody looked at Assuran at all here? His posts make me skeptical, but again operating on instincts, which have been a bit off so far.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    So, our choices seem to be between Invictus, Retaba, and TA. Of which, TA , what say you?

Ret seems to be in the lead, so let us hear from one of other candidates.

• Options
    TA I only know that he is bad at everything.

Invictus seems in the best placement out of the 3 of us which bothers me. But I would probably be bothered by that no matter who it was.
    Also his actions haven't been out of place for him I guess?

• Options
    Has anybody looked at Assuran at all here? His posts make me skeptical, but again operating on instincts, which have been a bit off so far.

It's a time travel game and I'm confused as fuck. This echoing vote thing coupled with actions taken by dead people have me really off.

I'm not offering anything because I never would have figured out what ZH, you, and jdark figured out. The best I can do is offer my red vote to village targets.

• Options
    Retaba, because Zombie seems to have had good instincts and analysis this game.

• Options
    Also, I owe Iron Weasel (or maybe someone else) a thanks!