As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Dungeon Crawl 2: The Cave's Treasure - GAME OVER

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Sure, go nuts

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Wh9oooiooooi. Asshats

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    This'll be quick since I'm on my phone.

Same group that killed Jpants last night is killing INANTP tonight. This is the same group Aura was leading.

To make it simple: the village has a vig and I'm calling their kill. If I am alive tomorrow, this should hopefully allow the village to coordinate through me.

I get that we don't have colors for the causes of death, but I'm more than happy to have the mafia anyone try to challenge me on this. A small part of the village is very organized, hopefully we can get the rest of us on board tomorrow.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Hey, group that killed Jpants

You know how you have a buddy, who had a buddy, he didn't want to tell you about

Well uh, yeah.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Hey, group that killed Jpants

You know how you have a buddy, who had a buddy, he didn't want to tell you about

Well uh, yeah.

yay

yet another thing aura is gonna have to explain postgame

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Yeah, inantp won't die, I will if you actually do enough to beat my defense.

So, yeah.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Let's all reveal right now please :)

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    I am
    something so cool you guys
    you don't even know
    oh wait I guess you do
    because I'm the merchant

• Options
    I'm dead and killing me makes Assuran useless so who cares

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    I'm dead and killing me makes Assuran useless so who cares

.... Assuran? ...

• Options
    .... Tayrun? ...

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    .... Metal Gear? ...

• Options
    Day 4 Results Narration
    Confident that they had finally rid themselves of whatever had been causing the supernatural deaths, the adventurers charged once more at the Cyclops, intent on defeating it. SeGaTai led the charge and swung at the Cyclops with his mace, but the weapon just seemed to bounce off of the monster’s knee. The Cyclops raised its club high in the air and brought it down swiftly onto the head of SeGaTai, who fell to the ground in pain. During the ensuing melee a wizard released a powerful fireball. It was not clear whether the fireball was aimed at the Cyclops or at Langly, but it was the rogue who was struck by the fireball. The remaining adventurers used the fireball as a distraction and struck as one against the Cyclops, who finally fell to their blows.

Shortly after the Cyclops was defeated, the adventurers saw that another member of their party had been mortally wounded in the battle. Trust lay bloodied on the cave floor. In his right hand he grasped a talisman that appeared to be in the image of a demon or some other kind of monster. Whatever Trust was doing, it was clear he had not joined this quest in order to recover any sort of holy relic. Before he died, Trust managed only six words: “Everywhere I turned, they were incorruptible.”

The adventurers were in the process of looting the corpse of the Cyclops when they heard a loud gasp. They turned and saw ObiFett choking, grasping for air and desperately looking around for anyone to help him. Alas, none of the adventurers could do anything as the evil that had touched the party had not been vanquished, and ObiFett fell silent.

Grieving over the loss of yet another brave knight to whatever foul abomination plagued this adventure, the adventurers noticed that SeGaTai, despite his wounds, did not seemed disturbed by the death of ObiFett. Convinced that the cleric’s non-chalance meant that he must be mad, just as JPants and OminousLozenge were, the adventurers descended upon him and beat the life out of him. Unfortunately, SeGaTai was not mad at all, he had just been dazed by the wound inflicted upon him by the Cyclops.

Convinced that they had to move on if they were ever going to reach the holy relic (and the treasure that lay with it), the adventurers moved further into the cave. They had gone only a few meters further down the passage when they heard a loud roar, and a cave bear emerged from the darkness. Having already battled a giant ooze and a Cyclops, the party was well-equipped to handle a mere bear. It happened so fast, no one even saw what happened. One moment the bear was on its hind legs, roaring. The next, it had been sliced neatly in half. When the adventurers approached the dead bear, they watched in amazement as the animal slowly decreased in size and lost all of its fur, revealing Assuran. No one knew how the adventurer had gained such powers, but they feared they had lost a powerful ally for the remainder of the quest.

Deaths
    Lucian Oakheart (Assuran) - Adventurer Familiar Bear
    Schizmo (Langly) - Adventurer Rogue
    Fizmo (SeGaTai) - Adventurer Cleric
    Novah (ObiFett) - Adventurer Knight

Aramil Cael (Trust) - Avatar of Famine Knight

Cyclops

There are 7 healing potions in the public supply.

Void Slayer has used a Potion!

Day 5 Monster Narration

After defeating the cyclops, you continue on through the cave. The cave opens up even more into a vast chamber. The chamber is so big that your torch is unable to illuminate the entire room, but in the distance you can hear some running water. You decide that following the sound of the water will likely lead you to the exit of this chamber and further into the cave.

As you get closer to the source of the running water, you notice that the floor of the cave has become rocky. Each of the rocks has become slick with water, likely from the underground river that flows through the chamber. You turn to warn everyone else about the slick conditions, but before you can get a word out one of your fellow adventurers slips and falls on the rocks. He drops his sword and it hits the ground with a loud clang, which echoes throughout the large chamber.

The entire party goes silent, and for a few moments the only sound you hear is the rushing of the underground river. Soon, however, you detect the faint fluttering of wings from above, though you can barely hear it over the sounds of the river. Second by second the sound of beating wings becomes louder, until it completely drowns out the river. The sound is as loud as thunder. Everything goes black as the entire Bat Swarm descends upon the party.

Day 5 has begun! The day will end tomorrow at 10 PM EDT. PMs going out.

Steam
  • Options
    Oh.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Oh.

Fan, fucking, tastic. :D

• Options
    OoooooOooOOooO
    Welp

That was unexpected, but entirely my dumb dumb fault
    OooOoooOoooOoo

• Options
    So I'm village, let's talk.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Ooooooo

Boo

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    So Assuran was a barbearian after all

• Options
    Correction: The cyclops dying adds a health potion to the pool, so there are 8 health potions in the public supply.

Steam
  • Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    premium wrote: »
    So Assuran was a barbearian after all

ooOooooOOOoo

:^: :^: :^: :^:

ooOoooOOooOo

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    I can't wait to try and piece together what happened to Obifett's crew, I'm so excited!

Dud2fR2.gif

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Well, shit. Sorry SeGa :(

• Options
    There will always be villagers with bad vote records, it happens

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    Why SeGaTai and not GG?

Just curious.

This is a good question, by vote record they were 50/50. Chose SeGa as the most suspicious based on other factors, like helpful in-thread etc.

• Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    What's the deal with Trust? Corrupting sounds like Cultists. SK? That incorruptible line I'm assuming means whatever it was is not a threat anymore.

Is this something from the last game? And was the Bear one of our specials?

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Flarne wrote: »
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    Why SeGaTai and not GG?

Just curious.

This is a good question, by vote record they were 50/50. Chose SeGa as the most suspicious based on other factors, like helpful in-thread etc.

Honestly, I don't have an excuse for my vote for MrT other than I kinda felt bad about making INANTP get upset so much. Vote for me, but I'm just a nobody.

• Options
    Speaking of thread helpfulness, any info on the Bat Swarm GG?

• Options
    *Bat Swarm HP: 16 Attack: Deals 4 Damage to all voters on wagons of size 1, and everyone receiving just one vote. If a player satisfies both conditions, they get hit for 8. Drops: 150 gold, Choking Powder, Weapon+2, Armor+2, 2 Health Potions

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    0oooo0ooo0

I had the right to bear arms.

0ooooo00ooo0

• Options
    Assuran wrote: »
    0oooo0ooo0

I had the right to bear arms.

0ooooo00ooo0

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrV1SNViBPp09k2Oi1YMKctE4m5eFYOlwfdwkR0UAQrKukouda

• Options
    If I am reading that right, the monster power means don't be on the only person to accuse someone and don't be accused by only one person.
    Except on Rangers, like myself. We are immune to monsters.
    Oh, right, unless you are a Ranger, in which case, here is a pile of free damage.

I'm going to start off by voting SLyM. As I am not a Ranger, hopefully someone else will do so as well. Or come up with a better target before I have to leave for Free RPG day at the local game store.

• Options
    and by that I mean SLyM.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Oh hey, the current monster is significantly worse for us. Good thing we spent that damage killing the cyclops.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I don't think this monster is a bad as you think it is.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    The current monster is the "No Throwaway Votes you Lazy Bastards" monster.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    The monster isn't that bad for us, and we got gold for killing it, and if we had used the damage on each other we'd probably just have more dead villagers.

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Frankly I like killing the monsters if for nothing more than fun and loot :D

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Cythraul wrote: »
    Frankly I like killing the monsters if for nothing more than fun and loot :D
    More loot more better.

Smoking some pork shoulder and chilling out with Tavern Ale for a Father's Day/birthday (not mine) thing. Will try to dig into the vote record an update my sheet for yesterday.