As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Your favorite recipes!

ElinElin Registered User regular
I recently got a Kitchen Aid stand mixer and I'm in love with it, I would cuddle it at night if I could lift it. I want you guys to help me use it more!

Now, I am a blog-a-holic and comb Allrecipes regularly so I'm not looking for blog links in general. I'm looking for your favorite recipes that I can make with my stand mixer. Breads, cakes, cookies, things I haven't thought of yet. Tell me what you like so I can learn to make it! As a bonus I'll tell you some of the recent things I've made.

My husband loves these cinnamon rolls

This English muffin bread makes the best toast

Have You ever had Butter Cake

My husband's tummy thanks you all in advance.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
PSN Hypacia
Xbox HypaciaMinnow
Discord Hypacia#0391

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    I don't have a stand mixer, so I make it with my food processor, but if I did have a stand mixer I'd make my bread with it. I make a loaf of sourdough bread more or less every week, plus when I need pizza dough I make that. You can also make sandwich bread. All three of this are far cheaper and more delicious to make on your own, and they make the house smell terrific when you're baking them. With a stand mixer doing the kneading, the work is extremely minimal.

• Options
    I don't have a stand mixer, so I make it with my food processor, but if I did have a stand mixer I'd make my bread with it. I make a loaf of sourdough bread more or less every week, plus when I need pizza dough I make that. You can also make sandwich bread. All three of this are far cheaper and more delicious to make on your own, and they make the house smell terrific when you're baking them. With a stand mixer doing the kneading, the work is extremely minimal.

Oh, we make pizza dough ALL THE TIME. SO much pizza, and it's so easy since it takes 4 ingredients I keep in my pantry (for the dough). I like mushroom and onions on mine, my husband thinks onions are the debil so he goes with mushrooms and a meat.

I haven't made a sandwich loaf as yet, but I make dinner rolls and that toasting bread I linked up top. I've also made focaccia. I have a recipe for pita bread that looks very good but I haven't yet made it.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    MrtimothyMrtimothy software dev in training seattleRegistered User new member
    If you're interested in homemade (not from a mix or can) pumpkin pie, as long as we're coming up on the season, you can halve a pumpkin, roast it at 420ºF for an hour, and then remove the skin and use the mixer to mash the pumpkin. If you add your evaporated milk or cream and the rest of the recipe in while you're mixing, your oven will still be pretty close to temperature when it's time to put the pie in.

We also use ours with a whisk attachment to make our whipped cream. It goes well with the pumpkin pie.

Os7wMvk.png
  • Options
    Mrtimothy wrote: »
    If you're interested in homemade (not from a mix or can) pumpkin pie, as long as we're coming up on the season, you can halve a pumpkin, roast it at 420ºF for an hour, and then remove the skin and use the mixer to mash the pumpkin. If you add your evaporated milk or cream and the rest of the recipe in while you're mixing, your oven will still be pretty close to temperature when it's time to put the pie in.

We also use ours with a whisk attachment to make our whipped cream. It goes well with the pumpkin pie.

I'll admit I've always used canned pumpkin. I'm not sure why the thought of roasting pumpkin was intimidating since I roast tons of acorn squash every fall.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391