As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Webcomics, The Whole Webcomics and Nothing But the Webcomics

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    For all rice boy's faults about pacing and character agency and all that, I still really love it.

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    then it turns out that the mouse is the only homophobe in the entire cast

Well obviously a mouse would hate Paz being with Kat.
    I'm so sorry.
    2013-12-30-chapter-4-page-65.png
    I have to give you a weird massage with my gas talons
    Wait, guys, hear me out. Internal investigations are comedy gold. Where are you going

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    gas talons

ilu z-morr

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    2013-12-23-GP0176.jpg
    2013-12-30-GP0177.jpg

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    I suspect we're going to get to page 100 and Rank'll say something to the effect of, "You geese couldn't make it through one thread following the rules, so now webcomics are gone forever. Good job."

2013-12-30-26p83.jpg

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    1388451535-2013-12-30-spikeguest.png
    Here's a guest strip from Spike! She has a comic.

She's getting revenge on me for this.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Machwing wrote: »
    I suspect we're going to get to page 100 and Rank'll say something to the effect of, "You geese couldn't make it through one thread following the rules, so now webcomics are gone forever. Good job."

And then delete all the webcomics from the internet forever.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    How can a guest Willis manage to be even worse than a regular Willis?

• Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    Machwing wrote: »

2013-12-30-26p83.jpg

droppin' 'za for a fallen homie.
    the deepest respect.

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    2013-12-31-phrasing.png

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    xg76.jpg
    Watcha thinking bout? I dunno, science stuff I guess.

Nimona is about a shapeshifting shark.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    20131231.png

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    sdb20131231.png

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Prof. AwesomeProf. Awesome Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    1388451535-2013-12-30-spikeguest.png
    Here's a guest strip from Spike! She has a comic.

She's getting revenge on me for this.

Some context: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/30/ani-difranco-retreat_n_4519959.html

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I dunno man

like, are we to salt the land and never go near it against because it was a slave plantation?

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    That comic is an extraordinarily petty way of addressing the issue.

• Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »

that's the whole point.
    It's revenge for Homestuck

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I was gonna respond to that thing but honestly that whole can of worms seems like the very easiest possible way of running into our eternal nemesis, The Webcomic Thread Argument.

Let's just let it pass
    By which I mean of course talking about homestuck

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    O no the magical dotted and/or plaid as seen in a cartoon near you

Also you forgot to tell people any cartoon in the Archime loop is NSFW

• Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
    Mayday wrote: »
    Mortal Sky wrote: »

that's the whole point.
    It's revenge for Homestuck

So it was deliberately over the top in order to get Willis' fan base all riled up at Willis?

qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    So

Happy new year to all of y'all from australia. May 2014 webcomics and webcomics discussion be even better.

• Options
    AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
    6a636838dBASj.png[/acornym]

• Options
    tumblr_mymt6wekwz1qf56dmo1_r2_1280.jpg
    SuperMutant Magic Academy is sometimes NSFW.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well would Pikachu know that electric pokemon are shitty againist rock types?

• Options
    sfp-4-28-for-web.png

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I dunno man

like, are we to salt the land and never go near it against because it was a slave plantation?

considering it's not the land itself that's the issue, so much as the actual plantation itself that's still there and boasting of it's history

also considering that there is a real problem in feminism with regards to intersectionality (which is a fancy word for caring about more than one type of oppression at a time).

it was just a really poorly chosen venue that highlights the issue a lot of white feminists have with regards to remembering that other oppressed groups exist too

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Well would Pikachu know that electric pokemon are shitty againist rock types?

Didn't stop him last time.

5fc681af8OvDr.png

• Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    I dunno man

considering it's not the land itself that's the issue, so much as the actual plantation itself that's still there and boasting of it's history

also considering that there is a real problem in feminism with regards to intersectionality (which is a fancy word for caring about more than one type of oppression at a time).

it was just a really poorly chosen venue that highlights the issue a lot of white feminists have with regards to remembering that other oppressed groups exist too

and then her apology wasn't, "I am sorry, I didn't think about how this choice of venue could be seen as hurtful." It was more, "Well O was hoping to provoke some discussion but I guess I was wrong. Jerks."

• Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
    I really want to talk about this Ani thing but ... here's the latest Charles Christopher.

tumblr_myed7s7Fze1qb05x1o1_1280.jpg

qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    The website for that plantation is a little too delighted about the glory days of the plantation, with how many slaves the owners had. I know there are some people who long for the "good old days" when people were allowed to own other people, it's just weird to see a luxury resort location be so bald faced about it.

Really I feel a profound disconnect for anyone who longs for the life of 100, 200, 500 years ago or whatever. They see Pride and Prejudice and imagine themselves walking through the halls of Pemberley and how lovely it would be. The thing those people don't understand is that even if you weren't part of a minority class, odds are against you being guest at such a mansion; If you were very, very lucky, you might be the one cleaning it.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    most of my forebears were Irish sharecroppers growing peanuts.

shit weren't too glamorous.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Peanuts, he says! phwooar, we would have given anything to grow peanuts!

• Options
    2013-12-30-992sports.gif
    'If sport did not exist, we would have to invent it'' -- Voltaire Bud

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    oh my god that alt text

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    most of my forebears were Irish sharecroppers growing peanuts.

shit weren't too glamorous.

most of my forebears were German immigrant farmers

homesteading everywhere from Pennsylvania to Missouri to North Dakota

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    most of mine were in the south, mostly oklahoma. the kennedy side of the family was so goddamn broke they traveled in a covered wagon until like 1937.

• Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    I'm proud to say that my ancestors were all way too damn poor to be slaveowners

This discussion has been closed.