Options

Existential crisis webcomics [chat]

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    next christmas I am going to dedicate the christmas dinner to Odin

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Sparvy wrote: »
    I hate when you open up some low viewer count twitch stream and the guy streaming greets you on his mic

I'm just trying to check some shit out yo

why you gotta make it all awkward

Make your twitch name unpronounceable or a string of non-printing unicode characters.

H̛͔̟̠̬̗̻͓E̹̠͇̭̱͞ ̶̼̫͚̬ͅC͏̺̮̙̻̼͚Ó̰̞M҉̠̱̥E̯̬͖͉̕S̸

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Oh oh, or a string of slurs and create a compilation of twitch streamers saying them.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    WOO GOING TO START DROPPING 4MG of E TODAY

congrats cindy!

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    Over two-thirds of Americans believe demons and angels are active in the world. Who are we to call them crazy? Sane people, that is who.
    According to a 2007 Pew Research survey, two-thirds of Americans (68%) completely or mostly agree that angels and demons are active in the world (and not just on Halloween). Just 14% completely disagree with this idea. Among religious groups, Mormons (88%), evangelical Christian (87%) and members of historically black churches (87%) are the most likely to agree that angels and demons are active in the world. Jewish Americans are by far the most likely to disagree that these spirits stalk the planet (73% disagree with 52% completely disagreeing). Buddhists (56% disagree), Hindus (55%) and the religiously unaffiliated (54%) are other faith groups disagreeing that angels and demons exist in our world.

you're telling me only 46% of non religious people in the US don't believe angels and demons walk the earth? :P

my parents would probably say they're religiously unaffiliated, but they're really just southern baptists that don't act completely like the taliban

Non-religious people in the US:Religion::Independents:Republicans

I.e. "I'm not one of those stupid Bible thumpers, I just believe in God, Jesus, Heaven, Hell, and occasionally go to a random church for Christmas / Easter".

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    this is a paraphrase of a current e-mail chain:

IS: this server is having issues
    Unix: you added 150 java processes and it was already at 80% memory usage so it's crashed, we'll bring it back up please don't do that

an hour later

IS: this server has crashed AGAIN
    Unix: that's because you crashed it again with your java processes
    IS: you said not to run 150 processes, we only ran the 96 we absolutely needed
    Unix: no matter how much you need them if there isn't memory available it will crash the box
    IS: okay we'll run them as soon as the box comes back up

override367 on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    why is the card game that i bought for SIG as a gift no longer on amazon except from third party resellers who want to chage 8x its value

i want it for myself now

now i have to look on the internet aside from amazon

Cards Against Humanity? It should show back up, I know the regular sellers stock ran really low during christmas.

no, it is Coup, the resistance

Hmm, looks interesting, I really liked Avalon the resistance which looks like it was by the same company -- my local game shop lists it as out of stock so either just a regular stock issue or a limited run type thing.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    my brain is only capable of remembering star trek trivia in good detail

hrmm lets see

list the classes of the various vessels to bear the name enterprise

Space ShuttleNXConstitutionConstitutionRefitExcelsiorAmbassadorGalaxySovereignOdyssey

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    btw people who eat loudly are subhuman

and shud b culled

also people who snore

>_>

• Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    why is the card game that i bought for SIG as a gift no longer on amazon except from third party resellers who want to chage 8x its value

i want it for myself now

now i have to look on the internet aside from amazon

Cards Against Humanity? It should show back up, I know the regular sellers stock ran really low during christmas.

no, it is Coup, the resistance

Hmm, looks interesting, I really liked Avalon the resistance which looks like it was by the same company -- my local game shop lists it as out of stock so either just a regular stock issue or a limited run type thing.

It just got a lot of buzz as it came out recently so it sells out pretty quickly anywhere. I had to wait a week or so pick up my copy.

• Options
    zagdrob wrote: »
    kaleedity wrote: »
    Over two-thirds of Americans believe demons and angels are active in the world. Who are we to call them crazy? Sane people, that is who.
    According to a 2007 Pew Research survey, two-thirds of Americans (68%) completely or mostly agree that angels and demons are active in the world (and not just on Halloween). Just 14% completely disagree with this idea. Among religious groups, Mormons (88%), evangelical Christian (87%) and members of historically black churches (87%) are the most likely to agree that angels and demons are active in the world. Jewish Americans are by far the most likely to disagree that these spirits stalk the planet (73% disagree with 52% completely disagreeing). Buddhists (56% disagree), Hindus (55%) and the religiously unaffiliated (54%) are other faith groups disagreeing that angels and demons exist in our world.

you're telling me only 46% of non religious people in the US don't believe angels and demons walk the earth? :P

my parents would probably say they're religiously unaffiliated, but they're really just southern baptists that don't act completely like the taliban

Non-religious people in the US:Religion::Independents:Republicans

I.e. "I'm not one of those stupid Bible thumpers, I just believe in God, Jesus, Heaven, Hell, and occasionally go to a random church for Christmas / Easter".

I describe myself as "I'm not religious"

I take offense, on the behalf of words, that religious people call themselves non-religious

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014

hrmm lets see

Space ShuttleNXConstitutionConstitutionRefitExcelsiorAmbassadorGalaxySovereignOdyssey

you forgot galaxy x

and odyssey is just from star trek online it doesnt count

override367 on
  • Options

hrmm lets see

*points*

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    This conversation makes me wonder.

Did I have the capacity to be an intelligent person.

Or

Was I just well-educated?

Why are you assuming either one of those are true?

Because I was much more successful when I was younger before I adopted a slew of vices.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    national news are really fucking boring today. I'll keep just posting the pictures. The context is dull as shit.

XNjc0iFaeR3wNrIWfRII7QBxTXjx8-uc-3x9Ad9J5Btg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    national news are really fucking boring today. I'll keep just posting the pictures. The context is dull as shit.

XNjc0iFaeR3wNrIWfRII7QBxTXjx8-uc-3x9Ad9J5Btg

*points*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRDS

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    btw people who eat loudly are subhuman

and shud b culled

also people who snore

>_>

if u snore i will kill u

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    hahaha

"We need to start more java processes on this server , any update on this issue ?

We are still getting this problem."

holy crap guys how hard is it to understand "not enough memory", I think they want us to ask for more memory to be added for them but that's not how it's suppose to work

ahh, office politics

override367 on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

Or

Because I was much more successful when I was younger before I adopted a slew of vices.

yes, me

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    II had a puzzling end to a so-so game of Dota 2 today.

Me and Winky were with spanish-speakers who weren't really big on "teamwork", we had a pretty lame comp (Shadow Shaman, Puck, Bloodseeker, Tidehunter and Elder Titan.) against a better composed team (Faceless Void, Drow Ranger, Crystal Maiden, Lifestealer and some other hero i forget) with more damage output, at any rate...

So, anyway, things were looking dire as hell. we were pushed pretty far, mid-lane was ompletely destroyed and they did Roshan. We demolished them, stole Rosh, pushed a lane, won a very short teamfight and they all disconnected save for one who just stopped playing.

Really puzzling.

They were winning, and they were winning hard...But the second we started doing less awful, they all gave up...

I hope they felt it was worth it to get an abandon...

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    chris christie is fucked

• Options

hrmm lets see

you forgot galaxy x

and odyssey is just from star trek online it doesnt count

supposidly it does

but only in the universe they don't care about cause they've rebooted themselves a new one

• Options
    oh man this, on the other hand

Vikingland, proposed amusement park, looking for a spot right now

concept art for that park:

serpents+coils+flume.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    hello nords

poo
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »

Or

Dunning-Krueger effect

No. I think 21 year old me was far more keen than I am currently.

That could be a conflation of maturity and intelligence. But I woke up trying to remember with the Frege-Geach problem was and could not recall it.

Younger DUE wrote papers on this.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    chris christie is fucked
    He is going to have to do a lot of throwing people under buses. The number of staff and associates involved suggests he either doesn't have a good handle on his team or is in on it.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    since im back at work that means my burger king diet restarts.
    I've been clean for a month.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    chris christie is fucked
    He is going to have to do a lot of throwing people under buses. The number of staff and associates involved suggests he either doesn't have a good handle on his team or is in on it.

???

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    i really want to write "congratulations! i'm 90% sure you won't raise a serial killer" in this card for my friend at work who is going on mat leave

but other people are going to read it and may be appalled

actually that makes it even better

• Options
    a woman is in the newspapers going "hey, cyclist, i hit you with my car and you stormed off, sorry about that, it was my fault. Holla@me."

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    chris christie is fucked

right, which is why he is fucked

if he burns his whole team down, he looks incompetent and makes a huge amount of enemies

or he's the corrupt jersey politician

bye bye 2016

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    r-u2Z-wZtlc5L9rmZs13CQ1jgfE61qyeDSH0eqW90rOg.jpg

Shouldn't have stopped sacrificing to Thor.

Lightning can be a pretty good omen, 'cause Thor is probably smiting some trolls or giants.

A thing I don't like about modern thors is that Mjölnir tends to shoot electricity instead of being thrown really hard.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1q_rRicAwI

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    part of me wants to go buy a bunch of land in detroit and see what happens

OCP will either buy you out or send mechs to take you out

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    chris christie is fucked

???
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/09/nyregion/christie-aide-tied-to-bridge-lane-closings.html?_r=0
    A series of newly obtained emails and text messages shows that Gov. Chris Christie’s office was closely involved with lane closings on the New Jersey side of the George Washington Bridge in September, and that officials closed the lanes in what appeared to be retribution against the mayor whose town was gridlocked as a result.

Mr. Christie has insisted that his staff and his campaign office had nothing to do with the local lane closings, and said that they were done as part of a traffic study.

But the emails show that Bridget Anne Kelly, a deputy chief of staff in Mr. Christie’s office, gave a signal to the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to close the lanes about two weeks before the closings occurred.

“Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee,” she emailed David Wildstein, Mr. Christie’s close friend from high school, and one of his appointees at the Port Authority, which controls the bridge.
    The mayor of Fort Lee, Mark Sokolich, is a Democrat and did not endorse Mr. Christie. In the emails and texts released Wednesday, Mr. Christie’s staff and appointees were gleeful when the abrupt lane closings gridlocked the town for four days, beginning with the first day of school and including the anniversary of Sept. 11. Mr. Sokolich, who had not been informed of the closings, texted Bill Baroni, the governor’s top appointee at the Port Authority, asking for “help” because the lane closings were making children on buses late to school.

“Is it wrong that I am smiling?” Mr. Wildstein texted Ms. Kelly.

“No,” she texted back.

“I feel badly about the kids,” he texted.

“They are the children of Buono voters,” she said, referring to Mr. Christie’s Democratic opponent, Barbara Buono, who was trailing consistently in the polls and lost by a wide margin.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    chris christie is fucked

???

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2014/01/08/_time_for_some_traffic_problems_in_fort_lee.html

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 100

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Jacobkosh. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Thats right @sirrealitycheck
    I HAVENT HAD A CHEEZBURGER IN A MONTH
    I think I may be dying.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    chris christie is fucked

wat hapen

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Wow, that is some cartoon villain shit

twitch.tv/tehsloth
This discussion has been closed.