[Chat] atop a Skyscraper

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Zephiran wrote: »
    In today's news:

What Has Florida Man Been Up To Lately?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25726591
    Florida man shot dead in cinema texting row

A retired police officer shot dead a fellow cinemagoer in Florida in an argument over texting, police say.

Ex-officer Curtis Reeves, 71, opened fire after asking a man sitting directly in front of him to stop texting several times, a Pasco County Sheriff spokesman said.

Chad Oulson, 43, died in hospital.

The victim had explained that he was texting his three-year-old daughter, witness Charles Cummings told FOX 13 television.

mmmmmrrh

I'm really starting to think this is just what happens when people with early stage dementia still have access to firearms. Because you can go a long time slowly losing your mind before it becomes noticeable enough to be a problem.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    my family might be getting a pair of puppies soon

we shall see

What kind?

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    http://www.hangthebankers.com/the-subway-deception/

Someone posted this on facebook.

Felt really great to unfriend them.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    In somewhat older news, we journey to the war-torn Central African Republic in an exposé of human inter-faith exchanges.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-25708024
    CAR cannibal: Why I ate man's leg

The buses throwing up clouds of red clay dust had yet to rub out the ugly bloodstain in the dirt. A Muslim man had been murdered here a few days ago, by Christians. His limbs were hacked off. Then one of the crowd ate the flesh in a public demonstration of cannibalism.

We were filming nearby when a young man in a yellow T-shirt came up to talk to me.

"I am the naughty one," he said in broken French. Puzzled, I shook his hand and was trying to ease past him when I noticed the machete tucked into his skinny jeans. "I am the naughty one," he repeated.

A few minutes earlier, I had spoken to a horrified witness, Ghislein Nzoto. He said it began when the Muslim man was dragged from a bus.

"People started attacking him, kicking him. They smashed a rock against his head. They kept going even after he was dead."

He went on: "They set the body on fire. There were about 20 youths. They cut a whole leg off. Then one of them started to eat it. He bit into it four times and swallowed. It was raw, not burned.

"This was right in front of the Burundian peacekeepers. One of the soldiers vomited. Then he chased people away with his gun."

The cannibal's name was Ouandja Magloire - though he told me he was now known as "Mad Dog".

There was a busy market either side of the street, people hawking brightly coloured cloth, skin-whitening creams, and piles of fresh loaves. We went somewhere a bit quieter so I could ask him why he had done this awful thing.

He told me that Muslims had killed his pregnant wife, his sister-in-law, and her new baby.

He saw a man sitting on the minibus - he thought he looked Muslim so he decided to follow the bus. More and more people joined him until he was at the head of a mob.

"We followed him," he said. "If he reached the intersection, the Burundians would protect him. So we told the minibus driver to stop. The driver said: 'You're right. He is a Muslim.'"

He described what happened after the man was dragged off the bus: "I kicked his legs out from under him. He fell down. I stabbed his eyes.

"Muslim! Muslim! Muslim! I stabbed him in the head. I poured petrol on him. I burned him. Then I ate his leg, the whole thing right down to the white bone. That's why people call me Mad Dog."

On the video, "Mad Dog" is seen happily chewing, his cheeks bulging. He waves a leg about in between mouthfuls.

... As we interviewed him, a small crowd gathered, all Christian. They shook his hand and patted his head, smiling and laughing as he, for the first time, smiled broadly. To them, he was a hero.

mmmhhrrmmmr

Zephiran on
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »

we shall see

What kind?

mutts

their mother is a collie alsatian mix and we have no idea what the father was, looking at the pups however my best guess is a labrador

a buddy of mine adopted a dog from a shelter not knowing she was pregnant, six weeks later *BAM* six puppies

my mum is interested in getting two of them but we'll see, they're only a week old right now and haven't even opened their eyes yet afaik

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    In today's news:

A retired police officer shot dead a fellow cinemagoer in Florida in an argument over texting, police say.

Ex-officer Curtis Reeves, 71, opened fire after asking a man sitting directly in front of him to stop texting several times, a Pasco County Sheriff spokesman said.

The victim had explained that he was texting his three-year-old daughter, witness Charles Cummings told FOX 13 television.

mmmmmrrh

yeah i read that

it is so unbelievably dumb

this is why you never get in an argument in America, you never know if the other guy is some whack job who feels he has the god given right to take your life over insignificant bullshit

he didn't just kill that guy, he shot the dudes wife as well becuse she happened to get in between him and his murder victim

i just hope they don't let him off a prison sentance because of his age

Murders aren't actually that common in most of America

sig.gif
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    From will arnett to nick kroll amy poehler must really like foreheads

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    McDonald's in China delivers, and you can order via internet.

It takes a lot of willpower to not make that a daily thing.

a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    Whelp I'm single.

But I get my puppy today. So my emotions are a bit confused!

whoa what happened stacey?

also do you have puppy pics?

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    McGriddles make me. . .lets just say I need to know where the nearest low traffic bathroom is

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

we shall see

What kind?

mutts

their mother is a collie alsatian mix and we have no idea what the father was, looking at the pups however my best guess is a labrador

a buddy of mine adopted a dog from a shelter not knowing she was pregnant, six weeks later *BAM* six puppies

my mum is interested in getting two of them but we'll see, they're only a week old right now and haven't even opened their eyes yet afaik

Best post some pics, son.

• Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    McGriddles make me. . .lets just say I need to know where the nearest low traffic bathroom is

that's why McGriddles never make you fat

a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    In today's news:

mmmmmrrh

yeah i read that

this is why you never get in an argument in America, you never know if the other guy is some whack job who feels he has the god given right to take your life over insignificant bullshit

he didn't just kill that guy, he shot the dudes wife as well becuse she happened to get in between him and his murder victim

i know

i just don't feel like rolling those dice when so many people are carrying around weapons that make it trivially easy to kill you, not to mention the belief they have the right to use them if they feel the slightest bit threatened

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular

did they expect the mall foodcourt to grow their own avocados out back?

• Options

we shall see

What kind?

mutts

Best post some pics, son.

it'ss be 7 weeks at the earliest before we're allowed to take them even if my folks do decide to go ahead with it

but if we do then, yes there will be puppy pics

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    In today's news:

mmmmmrrh

yeah i read that

i know

i just don't feel like rolling those dice when so many people are carrying around weapons that make it trivially easy to kill you, not to mention the belief they have the right to use them if they feel the slightest bit threatened

the point is its not that many people

you roll far more dice every time u get into a car

24 hour news channels i guess

sig.gif
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    In today's news:

mmmmmrrh

yeah i read that

i know

Its no worst than going traveling anywhere else. In Texas, don't take something from someone that's worth more than $500 after sundown and they won't kill you legally (Its a real law in Texas). In Florida, stay away from ghettos, places that have a lot of (ugly) graffiti, or waving more than one Confederate flag with in eye sight of each other. Which leaves you about 80% of the state to run around in.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    In today's news:

mmmmmrrh

yeah i read that

i know

im not sure what the disagreement here is

im not saying this is something that's more likely to happen to you then a car crash, or slipping in the shower or electrocuting yourself with your toaster

i'm saying it's far more likely to happen then it should be

i’m not slandering America here, there’s no need to run to the defence of the red white and blue or the second amendment

i’m voicing the opinion that this dudes death was utterly pointless and avoidable but no lessons will be learned because reasons

Casual on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014

In today's news:

mmmmmrrh

yeah i read that

i know

you have a really strange perception of america

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Or even better, videos!
    I have a dog of incomparable courage; may you have similar luck with your hound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGqieZFlX9A

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Welp. I have a cold. Nothing new. Nothing special. There was a time when I could just go to the pharmacy and get a box of sudafed. The symptoms would become barely noticeable. But I live in goddamned Mississippi where you need a goddamned prescription and no goddamn doctor will give you one because you might just be a drug seeker.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    In today's news:

mmmmmrrh

yeah i read that

i know

The problem is, if you walk away and don't fight back, they see it as an even bigger insult.

You have to capitulate so they know they won. "You're right, my mistake, I'm sorry."

And then you take out your gun and shoot them.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    shit

i got confused somehow

the monthly start of swing dance classes was yesterday

sig.gif
  • Options
    Gooey wrote: »
    In today's news:

mmmmmrrh

yeah i read that

i know

you have a really strange perception of america

i've had enough gun control arguments to last me a life time already

i'm not doing it here

i'll say i'm upset that someone’s husband and father is dead because he used his phone in a cinema and leave it at that

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited January 2014

Really the most disturbing thing there is that subway bread apparently contains no eggs or milk since they're vegan friendly.

I can't say I'm surprised to find out they're chemical wonderlands.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    In today's news:

mmmmmrrh

yeah i read that

i know

im not saying this is something that's more likely to happen to you then a car crash, or slipping in the shower or electrocuting yourself with your toaster

i’m not slandering America here, there’s not need to run to the defence of the red white and blue or the second amendment

i’m voicing the opinion that this dudes death was utterly pointless and avoidable but no lessons will be learned because reasons

yeah i'm totally down with all that

it was just that first "this is why you don't argue in America" that I was disagreeing with

I argue in America all the time!

sig.gif
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    That dont look like a dog. Looks like a baby lamb.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I have a lot of angry opinions about that theater thing. It makes me fairly upset to think about it. Suffice it to say I wish that old fucker had the balls to get on with it and turn the gun on himself.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Casual, not everyone is carrying a gun in America.

• Options
    In today's news:

mmmmmrrh

yeah i read that

i know

i’m not slandering America here, there’s not need to run to the defence of the red white and blue or the second amendment

it was just that first "this is why you don't argue in America" that I was disagreeing with

then for what it's worth i genuinly hope you never run into that one in ten million or whatever with a Zimmerman complex

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    In today's news:

mmmmmrrh

yeah i read that

i know

you're doing it right now

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Whelp I'm single.

But I get my puppy today. So my emotions are a bit confused!

whoa what happened stacey?

Just some differences we've had for awhile and we finally decided it was best to call it.

This is the most recent pic of the pup at 8 weeks:

SARAPUPPIES025_zps27f05a6c.jpg

I'll take some pics with me and her snuggling later today once I have her!

@Irond Will

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    Vanguard wrote: »
    In today's news:

mmmmmrrh

yeah i read that

i know

you're doing it right now

woah

sig.gif
  • Options
    I do nothing but argue and I'm still free of any bullet holes, and I live in Mississippi. But really, it's hard to shoot a guy with a roguish smile like mine.

• Options
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Casual, not everyone is carrying a gun in America.

i didnt say there was

im aware of the rate of concealed carry

can we please end this? now?

it won't go anywhere good

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Ooh, what sort of breed is that?

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Huh

My "today I learned" for the day is that Barbary corsairs raided Iceland in the 17th century and took several hundred Icelanders as slaves

Didn't think they'd go that far north!

• Options
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

did they expect the mall foodcourt to grow their own avocados out back?

It's just this sense of outrage at something so obvious. Then the fact that they actively read a site called "hang the bankers" and are willing to repost their articles.

Nope.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    I argued in America, but then I got murdered. :(

This discussion has been closed.