ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i've been shot nine times

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    i can see i've offended people here

so the misreading, the exageration and the straw men are coming out

vanguard i'm looking at you

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    I guess if I'm not going to dance I can just do more yoga :(

sig.gif
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Tonight I dreamed I took the bus without paying. #thuglife

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

No you're 100% right. Arguing with people is a really risky way to get yourself shot or at least attacked in some fashion.

Don't engage, diffuse the situation, walk away.

That's like "how to deal with assholes 101"

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I need to lrn to Brand better

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Every American I knew in Japan carried a wooden pistol on them at all times

they clutched it and wept

for it was not the same as the one they had left behind in their homeland

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    Zephiran wrote: »
    In today's news:

What Has Florida Man Been Up To Lately?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25726591
    Florida man shot dead in cinema texting row

A retired police officer shot dead a fellow cinemagoer in Florida in an argument over texting, police say.

Ex-officer Curtis Reeves, 71, opened fire after asking a man sitting directly in front of him to stop texting several times, a Pasco County Sheriff spokesman said.

Chad Oulson, 43, died in hospital.

The victim had explained that he was texting his three-year-old daughter, witness Charles Cummings told FOX 13 television.

mmmmmrrh

yeah i read that

it is so unbelievably dumb

this is why you never get in an argument in America, you never know if the other guy is some whack job who feels he has the god given right to take your life over insignificant bullshit

he didn't just kill that guy, he shot the dudes wife as well becuse she happened to get in between him and his murder victim

i just hope they don't let him off a prison sentance because of his age

Murders aren't actually that common in most of America

i know

i just don't feel like rolling those dice when so many people are carrying around weapons that make it trivially easy to kill you, not to mention the belief they have the right to use them if they feel the slightest bit threatened

you have a really strange perception of america

i've had enough gun control arguments to last me a life time already

i'm not doing it here

i'll say i'm upset that someone’s husband and father is dead because he used his phone in a cinema and leave it at that

i'm not talking about gun control? like, at all. i am not talking about that.

i'm talking about your irrational fear of "rolling [the] dice when so many people are carrying around weapons"

on the other hand you are right and i am shot daily

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

not sure anyone's offended man

you're being kinda weird

like, the next post after your "let's drop it please" was an inflammatory post by you!

that's not a good way to get it dropped!

sig.gif
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    We need to accept that no matter what side of the gun debate you're on, as an American, you accept guns as a reality. You will see them. You will hear stories about misuse of them. To casual, they are things that are not part of his every day world. They are explosive murder barrels that are only allowed to be carried by peace officers (and very few of those) and the military. He has a fear and respect for them that we simply can't appreciate. We're desensitized whether we're for or against guns.

So give Casual a break. Let him be mortified and shocked and all the stuff. I think at the end of the day he knows America isn't any more fucked than his country in aggregate.

I mean I think his people's aversion to dentistry is terrifying but he doesn't give me long lectures on the beauty of cavities.

• Options
    bowen wrote: »

No you're 100% right. Arguing with people is a really risky way to get yourself shot or at least attacked in some fashion.

Don't engage, diffuse the situation, walk away.

That's like "how to deal with assholes 101"

apparently i said 100% of people in the US and carry guns and shoot you 100% of the time

i don't remember saying that and can't find the post but several people can't be wrong!

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Saying you want to drop it, then making another post about it is stupid.

I didn't misread anything. You made statements about "how many people are carrying weapons in America" and why "you should never argue in America".

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Replace "guns" with "machetes" and see what that does to your thoughts.

Echo on
  • Options
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Every American I knew in Japan carried a wooden pistol on them at all times

they clutched it and wept

for it was not the same as the one they had left behind in their homeland

otoh they carry wooden katanas at renaissance fairs for people of glorious nippon who may have lost their keepsake

sig.gif
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

I had a dream in which my grandma was alive #sadlife

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM

• Options

it leaves them the same! except about simon's post, that one makes a bit less sense

sig.gif
  • Options

I'd rather get shot, tbh.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    In LoL? Or some other sort of Brand?

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I really resent that collecting swords has become so goddamned representative of neckbeardery. I love the look of swords. They're goddamned beautiful. But I can't own one because UGH, those guys.

• Options
    Bloody played a game with us 30's last night as support Morgana and pulled his weight thoroughly. I was impressed.

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    I really resent that collecting swords has become so goddamned representative of neckbeardery. I love the look of swords. They're goddamned beautiful. But I can't own one because UGH, those guys.

skippy bought soy a wooden sword

let's get him

sig.gif
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Scandal-plagued Chris Christie proposes longer school day

Seems like a good way to raise his popularity again after the scandal.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

I find he's one of those champs I just have to turn my brain off to play.

Just "lol I am fire "

steam_sig.png
  • Options

skippy bought soy a wooden sword

let's get him

kids are allowed to have wooden swords.

But only boys.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    We need to accept that no matter what side of the gun debate you're on, as an American, you accept guns as a reality. You will see them. You will hear stories about misuse of them. To casual, they are things that are not part of his every day world. They are explosive murder barrels that are only allowed to be carried by peace officers (and very few of those) and the military. He has a fear and respect for them that we simply can't appreciate. We're desensitized whether we're for or against guns.

So give Casual a break. Let him be mortified and shocked and all the stuff. I think at the end of the day he knows America isn't any more fucked than his country in aggregate.

I mean I think his people's aversion to dentistry is terrifying but he doesn't give me long lectures on the beauty of cavities.

I am so torn

on one hand death to america!

on the other, statistics. You will not get murdered.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    i feel listless and melancholy this morning

sig.gif
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    The real fucked up thing about the movie shooting is that it was just during the previews, who cares about the previews?

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Not how statistics work.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options

Move to Sweden.

Here you can ask someone to pass the bottle opener and they'll give you a longsword.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Ooh, what sort of breed is that?

Japanese Akita.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

I had exactly the same thought.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I can say for, like, the MS murder rate, most of those murders are in Jackson, and most of them are in a ahem, certain area. So. Just don't be there.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    the dentistry jab reminds me of a cracked article

something something busting national stereotypes

"british have bad teeth"

"no they don't look at these denstistry stats!"

that's not the stereotype!

the stereotype isn't hah hah oh man the caries on those ol' brits

the stereotype is that british teeth have all the straightness and evenness of gravestones in a marsh with a blind groundskeeper

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Morning

wangs?

g3f02215a.gif

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Not how statistics work.
    “Did many people die?”
    “Three thousand four hundred and ninety-two.”
    “Out of how many?”
    “Three hundred and ten million.”
    “A small proportion.”
    “It’s always one hundred per cent for the individual concerned.”

• Options
    Not how statistics work.

Exactly how statistics works.

You will not get murdered is true within an acceptable accuracy range.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Vanguard wrote: »

Saying you want to drop it, then making another post about it is stupid.

I didn't misread anything. You made statements about "how many people are carrying weapons in America" and why "you should never argue in America".

i guess i just don't like having things i didn't say attributed to me?

you took the worst possible interpritation of my words, ran with them to their furthest extent and then made me out to be some absurd lunatic because the place you ended up at was pants on head

well im sorry but i don't feel like taking credit for the straw man views you've applied to me

i honestly didnt want to continue with this, but when a bunch of people decide to continue the conversation as some sort of pantomine debate, taking turns to play me as the wicked witch, i feel inclined to say a few words in my own defence

Casual on
  • Options

I had exactly the same thought.

Most people don't carry a high enough caliber weapon for it to really "maim" you like a machete would. You just gotta roll the dice and hope that whatever they hit doesn't cause you to die in the next few hours.

Machetes.. you're probably going to lose a limb and/or bleed out. Fuck that noise.

• Options
    I can say for, like, the MS murder rate, most of those murders are in Jackson, and most of them are in a ahem, certain area. So. Just don't be there.

and when people are scared of the violence associated with the drug scene in the park they seem to be afraid of getting stabbed in the throat for passing by

which doesn't happen

don't be indebted to drug dealers and you'll be fine

ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.