• Options
    DreggorDreggor [E] PAX East PC Room Deputy Registered User regular
    Chart updated again.

-=Dreggor
    PAX Prime PC Room Deputy
    PAX East PC Room Deputy
  • Options
    Chart updated one more time. All groups I have been contacted about are on the list. So, if you do not see your group on there, drop me a line.

-=Dreggor
    PAX Prime PC Room Deputy
    PAX East PC Room Deputy
  • Options
    shepdshepd Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Hmmm, I don't see my seating request in there. I guess the email didn't get through?

Can I send it by PM?

I can't figure it out, but it seems that in fact my email client blew up in the middle of sending that email. I can't even retrieve it from the sent items, even though the stub is there. I've re-sent it. Shouldn't be a problem, our request isn't overlapping. :) Explains things, though!

shepd on
  • Options
    [H]olyGeekboy[H]olyGeekboy PAX dad and PC builder ClevelandRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    65 Days.
    14+-+1

p3HkbcM.png
  • Options
    Chart Updated with everything I have through right now.

-=Dreggor
    PAX Prime PC Room Deputy
    PAX East PC Room Deputy
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Hmm, my request is still missing. This time I'm certain the email went through. Could you take a look at your PM? Is there another alternative way to contact BYOC? I'll try re-sending from my work email this time?

EDIT: Sent from my work email as well now... let's hope it shows up in your inbox this time! :)

shepd on
  • Options
    Shepd, you are all set. Chart reflects your request.

Chart is up to date with everything I have.

-=Dreggor
    PAX Prime PC Room Deputy
    PAX East PC Room Deputy
  • Options
    BarkBark Registered User regular
    I see the seats I requested are now reserved. If they are for my group, you sure updated the map fast. Do I get a confirmation email to make sure they were reserved for my group?

sl1ao1t19fl8.png
  • Options
    Bark wrote: »
    I see the seats I requested are now reserved. If they are for my group, you sure updated the map fast. Do I get a confirmation email to make sure they were reserved for my group?

Confirmation sent.

-=Dreggor
    PAX Prime PC Room Deputy
    PAX East PC Room Deputy
  • Options
    Dreggor wrote: »
    Shepd, you are all set. Chart reflects your request.

Chart is up to date with everything I have.

Awesome, thank you so much! :) Now everyone in our group will be happy.

• Options
    BarkBark Registered User regular
    Thanks Dreggor!

sl1ao1t19fl8.png
  • Options
    Thanks Dreggor!

No problem, April is coming fast and looking like it's going to be a great PC Room. We had a lot of success at Prime this year and are bringing some of those ideas to East where they are appropriate. You guys will have a lot going on!

-=Dreggor
    PAX Prime PC Room Deputy
    PAX East PC Room Deputy
  • Options
    A.SabotA.Sabot Boston, MaRegistered User regular
    Dreggor wrote: »
    Thanks Dreggor!

No problem, April is coming fast and looking like it's going to be a great PC Room. We had a lot of success at Prime this year and are bringing some of those ideas to East where they are appropriate. You guys will have a lot going on!

You have no idea how excited this just made me for BYOC!

Pax East 2016: BYOC [x], 3 Day Passes [x], car[x], license[x], new computer[x]
  • Options
    [H]olyGeekboy[H]olyGeekboy PAX dad and PC builder ClevelandRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Testing in a spare chassis to make sure all components are functional... 32GB DDR3, dual GTX 660 Superclocked, Core i5 3570K (working on an OC), water cooling, wireless, 256GB SSD boot. Waiting on a Creative Labs Recon3D (it's black, versus the new cards, which are red.) SIT_PC.jpg

p3HkbcM.png
  • Options
    thorkonthorkon Registered User regular
    Oh sweet lord, You're putting a monster gaming setup in there.

/thumbs up.jpg

I'm going middle ground for my build, it's going to be the living room PC so it doesn't have to do anything too demanding except for some gaming LANs in the apartment. I still havent ventured into watercooling yet, I'll have to look into trying it out.

• Options
    KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    It's actually pretty easy with the self-contained kits. I installed one into my own machine DURING PAX in 2012. (That one is now a friend's, my current one is air cooled)

JfqWFk8.png
  • Options
    thorkon wrote: »
    Oh sweet lord, You're putting a monster gaming setup in there.

Yeah, I don't have any corporate sponsors (wish I did), but I did invest some coin this year. The linear actuator and remote was $140 alone. There's a bit tied up in the hardware, but I reused the CPU, half the memory, and one of the video cards from last year.

Most of the reason is what happened at Prime. A lot of really awesome custom cases were completely overlooked. Two really skilled folks from Boeing took the top two prizes for casemods, and they were very serious about their craft, with watercooling, custom paint and decals, etc. Really fine work. But it felt like a real slap that all three prizes were handed out to the stock case, plus window, plus watercooling, plus lights, plus paint crew. So I figured, I'll try my hand at it. I don't think I've built a "standard" modified PC case since around 1999, when I built a desktop case custom cooled to run a Celeron 333 at 550 MHz. I custom painted a couple in the early 2000s, AMD Athlon XP boxes. But nothing like this.
    I'm going middle ground for my build, it's going to be the living room PC so it doesn't have to do anything too demanding except for some gaming LANs in the apartment. I still havent ventured into watercooling yet, I'll have to look into trying it out.

Check out the Corsair closed-loop systems. This is the entry level one, the H55 Quiet edition. It ran me $54.99 on sale at MicroCenter here in Cleveland - CPU block with integrated pump, radiator, and fan. And I'm conservatively running the Core i5 3570K at 4.0GHz. I can probably hit close to 4.3GHz. Some of them go up to 3x120mm fan mount-sized radiators.

As for actual playing of games, I'm not hardcore, but I was going for building something that can take on pretty much anything. And with a good color scheme. :)

Can't wait to see your giant homage to LoL!

p3HkbcM.png
  • Options
    I think i will do water cooling next year now that you guys mention all that about it.

I know that feeling about the modding contest, sometimes the online contest haves ones that win and its a stock case with a paint job. Very disappointing but it happens. But some people that are highly skilled come out with some crazy stuff that is awe-inspiring. I'd love to see prime but haven't made it happen yet.

I feel I'll be ready to show the case off this Monday. Just finishing up the painting now! Had some unforeseen issues that seem to come up whenever modding is involved.

• Options
    I think i will do water cooling next year now that you guys mention all that about it.

I know that feeling about the modding contest, sometimes the online contest haves ones that win and its a stock case with a paint job. Very disappointing but it happens. But some people that are highly skilled come out with some crazy stuff that is awe-inspiring. I'd love to see prime but haven't made it happen yet.

I feel I'll be ready to show the case off this Monday. Just finishing up the painting now! Had some unforeseen issues that seem to come up whenever modding is involved.

Please post picture! :)

• Options
    Soon! Getting the video together and touching up paint.

• Options
    Soon! Getting the video together and touching up paint.

I can't wait, please post it here!

• Options
    I recently put all my PAX casemods in my office together... 9291d7166f5811e3b8940ed701fd31aa_8.jpg

p3HkbcM.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Div is still my favorite, by far

• Options
    If I remember correctly, top is 2012, and then bottom goes 2009 2013 2011, right?

JfqWFk8.png
  • Options
    Super close! top 2012, 2010, 2013 and 2011 (No Pax East in 2009! :) ) See you at east, Kilo?

p3HkbcM.png
  • Options
    oh hurf, right, yeah I'll be there, bringing my computer again, though no real changes from last year, no money for upgrades, sadly.

JfqWFk8.png
  • Options
    I hear ya. I keep selling parts to afford more parts. Always a loss!

p3HkbcM.png
  • Options
  • Options
    That thing is so cool! The video you made was really good! I can not wait to see this in person!

• Options
    itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    @thorkon Awesome man! Another great build this year, can't wait to see it at East!!!

signature.png
  • Options
    That *MIGHT* weigh more than the DivPC.

p3HkbcM.png
  • Options
    Seating chart updated! April is coming fast!

-=Dreggor
    PAX Prime PC Room Deputy
    PAX East PC Room Deputy
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I'll get the weight of it soon as I am also curious. I'm guessing 140 lbs?

• Options
    FireWaterFireWater Registered User regular
    Nice case mod, I will just be bringing a boring ole gaming laptop.

Just a quick question, need a 25' CAT 5e cable, and for my notebook at kensington lock is that correct? Anything else specific to a notebook I would need?

• Options
    What you've listed is everything you need. I would bring an extension cord just in case you don't have enough power cable length (power outlets aren't necessarily as convenient as you might think). Preferably one with just just one outlet, since the BYOC staff won't let you split outlets.

• Options
    FireWaterFireWater Registered User regular
    Right, just out of curiosity, since I pretty much only need one outlet because I am not brining a monitor, can I use it for something else?

• Options
    JonoseelJonoseel Here Be Unicorns and Dragons Boston, MARegistered User regular
    FireWater wrote: »
    Right, just out of curiosity, since I pretty much only need one outlet because I am not brining a monitor, can I use it for something else?
    Yes, just remember you have a limit on how much power you draw from your 2 outlets. Charging a phone, laptop, camera etc... would be fine. something large I'm guessing would not because it would draw to much power. What are you intending on using?

Pax Eat Stuff: 3 Day Badges[]; BYOC Badge[]; A Roof to stay under[X]; A ride of some sort[].
  • Options
    Jonoseel wrote: »
    Yes, just remember you have a limit on how much power you draw from your 2 outlets. Charging a phone, laptop, camera etc... would be fine. something large I'm guessing would not because it would draw to much power. What are you intending on using?

Full size fridge!

• Options
    JonoseelJonoseel Here Be Unicorns and Dragons Boston, MARegistered User regular
    A.Sabot wrote: »
    Jonoseel wrote: »

Full size fridge!

Nope not funny, the fact that you are sitting next to me and made me open up the forums to see that, I'm even less amused.

Pax Eat Stuff: 3 Day Badges[]; BYOC Badge[]; A Roof to stay under[X]; A ride of some sort[].
  • Options
    Technically a full size fridge plus a laptop won't draw as much power as a serious gamer rig. Technically. But it's a terrible idea. :P