Options

!!! CLICK HERE TO ENLARGE YOUR WEBCOMIC THREAD !!!

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Transferring docs between sketchbook pro and photoshop in PSD format can cause this weird bug in sketchbook which basically scrambles all your data. It looks like someone made one of those slidey-puzzles out of your drawing, except half of the pieces are just noise. And you can't even revert - it scrambles the file itself, even if you don't save.

I've gotten pretty good about making frequent backup copies thanks to that, but I've lost large chunks of one or two paintings in the past.

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    so the second part of Annie in the Forest is now available on the main gunnerkrigg website

check it out, why don'tya

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    0vXyAO0.png

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    0vXyAO0.png

Huh, well nuts. Look like Red is your best option.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Annie's going to end up with Jack, I know it.

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    I awesome'd that because I want more good shit in Malky Dungeon form, and not merely because I'm a dick.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    Annie never dates, never marries

she's like uh, do you know what will happen to me if I get preggoes

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I'm betting you that's what her dad is trying to do

find a way for her to find love and have children if she so wishes, but keep on living afterwards

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    he's just, you know

being a colossal dick about it

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Oh my god Wizard Village left me in tears, folks. So good!

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I like how the blurs almost give you an idea of what he is thinking about

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Transferring docs between sketchbook pro and photoshop in PSD format can cause this weird bug in sketchbook which basically scrambles all your data. It looks like someone made one of those slidey-puzzles out of your drawing, except half of the pieces are just noise. And you can't even revert - it scrambles the file itself, even if you don't save.

I've gotten pretty good about making frequent backup copies thanks to that, but I've lost large chunks of one or two paintings in the past.

It sounds like you could make some weirdass glitch art by deliberately playing with this effect.

• Options
    Men want home runs, but are afraid that admitting it would cost then home run opportunities. Therefore, we bunt.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Annie's Dad is a total douchebag and her mother is dead

given her somewhat sheltered existence and social reclusiveness it's fair to say that her experience of personal relationships has probably been very poor

She's never really shown any interesting in dating beyond what teenage hormones have pushed, and I expect that is part of the reason why

If Annie does ever have a partner (and I'm not saying she will), that partner doesn't seem like it will be one of the existing cast

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    in the Annie in the Forest book, she is crushing pretty hard on a forest boy

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I'm kinda hoping Annie is asexual

that would also make any inter-species romance she might have less icky to write out

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    christ, I probably didn't phrase that well

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »

that would also make any inter-species romance she might have less icky to write out

Given that she is the product of a mixed species marriage, does this mean any romance she has, or what

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I'd like to see Annie as asexual just because I'd like to see a character like that in fiction.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »

Given that she is the product of a mixed species marriage, does this mean any romance she has, or what

she's human in appearance, I mean

but, yeah, having an main character who's asexual would be good for its own sake

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options

but, yeah, having an main character who's asexual would be good for its own sake

All right

I guess I'm just wondering at the "icky" thing

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Cambiata wrote: »
    I'd like to see Annie as asexual just because I'd like to see a character like that in fiction.

Shhhh, don't let the artist of this hear you

Duke 2.0 on
    VRXwDW7.png
  • Options

eventual product

00000820.jpg

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

You should be reading Supernormal Step then!

• Options
    Kilroy wrote: »

eventual product

Given she's not on fire or manifesting that way now, and might never

But she's been the product of a mixed-species marriage since she was conceived

She just looks completely human

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Kilroy wrote: »

eventual product

Given she's not on fire or manifesting that way now, and might never

But she's been the product of a mixed-species marriage since she was conceived

She just looks completely human

I'm saying that her mother was also mostly human, looked human, and lived like a human

calling that a mixed-species marriage seems silly to me

• Options

All right

what if she and ysengrim become an item, for example

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    I would agree with that

Except that she can still basically catch fire and control flames, and has manifested as a flame elemental at least once, and goes to Coyote and Ysengrin to learn about her heritage from the perspective of the forest

So treating her as being solely human seems... disingenuous

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    she hangs out in the forest a bunch

maybe she falls in love with something very non-human

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Is this DBZ rules

Is she 1/4 fire person

Will she never realize her full potential and go fire saiyan

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    Men want home runs, but are afraid that admitting it would cost then home run opportunities. Therefore, we bunt.

Do you think you could phrase this in the form of a Curling analogy?

• Options

All right

I get what you're saying

But she's the product, down the line, of some guy or girl basically falling in love with a walking bonfire

Human love in the context of the forest doesn't seem to be beholden to many of the same taboos as it would in the court

I'll grant you it'd be weird as shit if she fell in love with Ysengrin, though

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Garthor wrote: »

Curling is too aggressive of a sport for a similar analogy to be made and its fans are often very direct about when they want to engage in sexual intercourse.

HAAAAARD!

HURRY!

HAAAAAAAARD!

HURRY! HAAAAARD!
    This joke seems like something a Canadian comic from the mid-90s would bring to the Just for Laughs festival.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I actually don't know much about curling or its fans, so that might be a sweeping generalization and you might want to skip it.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Garthor wrote: »

You want to score at least two with the hammer, so if it looks like you'll only get one, you instead try for a blank end.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options

All right

I get what you're saying

But she's the product, down the line, of some guy or girl basically falling in love with a walking bonfire

Human love in the context of the forest doesn't seem to be beholden to many of the same taboos as it would in the court

I'll grant you it'd be weird as shit if she fell in love with Ysengrin, though

Could have been a woman falling in love with a bonfire! Or are elementals female?

• Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    g55140ea3.jpg
    butthug dot com sometimes has rude stuff. Like hugs.

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Mike LL taught me you can be asexual and/or aromantic (not to be confused with aromatic, which is delicious smells)

So an asexual person can fall in love and get married and never have sex. and an aromantic person can have sexual partners but never a life partner

that's all i have to contribute

HugmasterGeneral on
This discussion has been closed.