Options

[TRIALS FUSION] MAN! MACHINE! THE FUUUTURE....

• Options
    xXheberXxxXheberXx Registered User regular
    Was just browsing thru this thread to get an idea of whether it was worth getting fusion or not-- and based on the caliber of people here decided to create an account.

Still playing evolution daily on 360 (platinum on all non-dlc extreme tracks) and not even sure if I need a new addiction yet, but I do have a little cash to throw at it if its worthwhile. Must admit videos of the master challenge caught my eye, but tricking looks gimmicky at best.

Spammed out some friend requests if you left your GT, hope you don't mind. Mine is the same as my username.

See you at the finish line!

• Options
    AchireAchire Isn't life disappointing? Yes, it is. Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I can't help but feel that Evolution was better but hey, more Trials. Not that much out on the new consoles anyway.

Oh about the theme song, the very beginning actually sounds very much like 90's Finnish eurodance (the composer and the developer are Finnish).

Achire on
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    I think Evolution is slightly better than Fusion. They both generally feel roughly the same gameplay wise, but it seems that Fusion has nerfed some of the advanced moves/tricks. In Evolution, you could stick your front tire on a ledge and kind of spam the gas while holding the brake and lift your back end up. It made getting up some tricky obstacles much easier. In Fusion, it is alot harder to do and you don't seem to have the same ability to lift yourself out of almost making an obstacle.

I do like the Challenge system they put in for each track, that will add a lot of replayability. If they had that in Evolution, I would have definitely spent even more time grinding away there. The trick stuff they put in Fusion is pretty easy to ignore if you don't want to do it though. It's nice that they put in different ways to play the game, but to me, I don't even notice it's really there.

Otherwise, more Trials is good enough for me.

• Options
    Yeah quovadis, I use that technique all the time (some ninja tracks you can't get by without it). I think some people call it "fapping" but I'm sure there's a more tasteful name for it. I also heard that doing a 'fender grab' (landing your backwheel on an edge and pulling your self up by hitting the throttle) is far less intutive this time around.

From the first impressions I've read on the ubisoft board, this seems to be the general concensus:

-Most tracks are bland and sterile, with no real sense of identity
    -Easy/Medium tracks seem to be lazy variations on "Rollercoaster" from Evo
    -Track Central has been butchered
    -Leaderboards are spotty
    -Caters too much to the casual crowd
    -Announcers are horrible
    -Front tire glitches, ruining runs
    -Futuristic theme gets old quick and seems out of place
    -Over too quickly/too easy to get golds
    -Bike physics have changed for the worse

+Game looks nice and performs well
    +Extreme tracks are challenging and creative
    +Track editor has great potential
    +Challenges add significant replayability
    +Messaging system keeps things competitive

Are most people jumping on board with this? Anyone still going to be playing Evo?

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Don't go to the official boards of any games

It's pretty much always populated with whiners and babies

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    ...that all seems fairly nitpicky. I am enjoying it just fine. The voiceover can be annoying when turbo repeating but otherwise I am having a great time with it. But I am easy to please since I am by no means a "Certified Trials Badass".

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I can understand most of those gripes. I also felt that the tracks weren't as creative or inspired as in previous games. A lot of them look and feel same-y. I'm by no means a great Trials player (I can't even pass half the extreme courses), but I was able to get golds and even a couple platinums on the easy/medium tracks with ease. My biggest beef is the smaller track selection compared to Evolution.

On the other hand, it's more Trials and it plays just fine. I'm happy to bounce between HD, Evolution and Fusion as the mood suits me.

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    The intro song reminds me of that Space Olympics song from SNL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHsdI_kK2HY

My largest complaint is probably number of tracks as well, I hope they add a ridiculous amount of good tracks in the Season Pass but I am going to wait a bit before actually putting down the money for it.

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    The dlcs for trials evo had best stuff anyway.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ...that all seems fairly nitpicky. I am enjoying it just fine. The voiceover can be annoying when turbo repeating but otherwise I am having a great time with it. But I am easy to please since I am by no means a "Certified Trials Badass".

It has nothing to do with being a "certified trials badass". To me, it's recognizing the attention to detail in previous Trials games and the dedicated Red Lynx team going way beyond just getting the job done. Part of that appreciation developed only after I realized that easy/medium tracks were specifically designed so that lines would accommodate a beginner, but simultaneously there's a hidden line (in plain sight) that only dedicated riders can nail. So when the level of effort doesn't seem on par with previous entries, it's disappointing.

Trials has always been about overcoming challenge by repetition and subtle adjustments, and it needs precise/responsive controls to back that up. When you get robbed of a flawless run because of some lame tire glitch, or the game reports your time wrong it ruins the experience.

So yeah, for people who care about where this series came from and where it's going, these are more than just "nitpicks".

xXheberXx on
  • Options
    Right I hear you, I have played them all and seriously find this one a great addition to the series. Not trying to say you're wrong, I just noticed very little of what those complaints mention. I too care about the series, surprisingly enough.
    Plus you listed a huge list of complaints, and instead of responding to the guy who agreed with you, you responded to me. I haven't had a time posted wrong or had a tire glitch. Pardon me if I don't share the frustration. If you enjoy the older versions more due to mechanics you can always play those games, y'know.

• Options
    Not my personal complaints Jay, I haven't bought the game (just played the demo which gives zero to go off of). I've been reluctant climb aboard because of all the mixed reactions and a large degree of hate from trials vets. Truth is, I'm itching to buy the game but I've come to expect so much from this series that it'll almost certainly be a disappointment. Part of me wants to do it just for some fresh extreme tracks to try and master over the next several months.

Good to see positive feedback from someone who enoughed the previous two.
    I ahoukd also mention I have no idea what the hell I'm typing because mobile browsing for pa is crap.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Youtube has been recommending me a ton of Seananners and Hutch playing Trials Evolution. I played HD, but could never beat the last circuit of rage tracks. Digital on the One is only 19.99 so I'm tempted. But the thing that confuses me is why the digital is 19.99 while retail is 39.99? Does it come with the like season pass or something?

• Options
    Yes, disc versions include the Season is Pass.

I would consider myself a Trials vet, and I really enjoy Fusion but I would agree that Evolution was better in terms if content. I imagine the DLC might rectify that but we will have to see. I still think it is easily worth the $20 I paid so far.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Decided to dive into Fusion on the advice of some helpful forum members. Having a lot of fun with some of the Easy/Medium tracks and chasing some of Quovadis' times. Also I'm one of the few people ont his planet who actually reall likes the TK panda.

This earns a solid 7.5 from me (probably higher when some issues get sorted). For every bland, forgettable track there's another gorgeous one that really took some thought. I've heard the extreme tracks are punishingly difficult this time around, which I'm really looking forward to :wtf:

Oh and I really would like some more ghosts to compete against.

xXheberXx on
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Gold on all extreme tracks. InfernoIV was a beast (duh), especially THAT part. First run through was 278 faults, got it down to 25. It really feels like an accomplishment getting that done, and the atmosphere/music on that level is just perfect.

Bravo RL/Ubi. I'll just go eat my humble pie now :blush:

xXheberXx on
  • Options
    pawa24pawa24 Registered User regular
    So apparently this game is having the same issues as AC4 on xbox one where certain people cannot connect to the ubisoft servers. I have been googling the shit out of this trying to find a fix. All I can find is Ubi saying that it is a known issue and they are working on it. I still cannot access the servers on AC4 and its been what 5 months now?
    Sorry rant over. However if any of you got a fix for this it would be greatly appreciated. I got Trials too and would love to bro it up with you classy gentlemen. Add me on xbox: pawa24. Same as my forum name.
    Also. I HATE that title music.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Thought it was the PS4 version of AC4 that had those issues but I it's always possible that I am remembering wrong. I lose my connection to the Ubisoft servers when I minimize the game for a while but it has always been able to reconnect.

FuriousJodo on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    I grabbed this the other night, and played through all the 'beta' tracks before I realized it didn't have everything available yet.

It's pretty fun. If you use it as a pick up and play couch MP experience, it looks great and plays well.

Half the maps, or maybe the game itself, has this bug where the game plays at half speed. I'll tell you, it makes anything hard super easy to do :\ Although at some point through the map, it will suddenly go into 'real time' and fuck you over.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm leery about why Ubisoft insists on us using uplay and their servers all the time. No local storage of tracks from TC is kind of a bummer, even though there's not much on there anyway.

Also, have you guys heard about the secret ninja tracks available in the game? Basically if you 0 fault an extreme track and bailout across the finish line, it lets you play an EVEN HARDER version of it. The Inferno IV ninja makes me shudder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46g2He6IhRM

Just awesome that they extended the gameplay with additional levels, even if it is balls hard to even unlock :)

• Options
    That is absolutely amazing that they put that in there and it hurts my brain to see how complicated those courses are. Now to just wait until the pros end up 0-faulting those courses......

• Options
    I wish there were more medium-difficulty tracks. I could barely manage to beat just one of the extreme tracks.

• Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    Yay, it's finally out on PC! Anyone else on PC? I need times to race against! TwntyOneTwlv on Steam and Uplay.

• Options
    Anyone here manage to 0 fault inferno IV yet? I got it down to 10 last night, but today I can't get anything under 30-50. So frustrating...

• Options
    Ha 0-fault Inferno IV. I will eventually gold it, but 0-faulting it is out of the question.

I have one achievement left to get. It's the "Get all the challenges" achievement. In other words, I have no more achievements left to get!

• Options
    vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    Picking this up for PS4 tomorrow, does anyone else need more ghosts to race?

PSN: vidkid7

55ymlH2.png
  • Options
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    I have one achievement left to get. It's the "Get all the challenges" achievement. In other words, I have no more achievements left to get!

Haven't even bothered with the challenges yet. Are they actually fun to do or does it feel more like busy work?

• Options
    xXheberXx wrote: »

Haven't even bothered with the challenges yet. Are they actually fun to do or does it feel more like busy work?

I have only touched a few of them, but from glancing through the descriptions of most of them, there is a mix. Some seem like they are neat ideas and will add fun and length, some seem more like work than fun and some just seem difficult for the sake of being difficult.

• Options
    Have you guys tried reversing at the beginning of tracks yet? Some... interesting things to be found. So far I have only done it on Frost Bite and Light City, but I'm sure there's more of them scattered throughout.

• Options
    There are a few cool ones where the camera is behind the player, or the player has to drive right to left.

• Options

I have only touched a few of them, but from glancing through the descriptions of most of them, there is a mix. Some seem like they are neat ideas and will add fun and length, some seem more like work than fun and some just seem difficult for the sake of being difficult.

They basically just threw challenges into the normal flow instead of having them completely seperate. I like most of them, and they are spaced out well enough (one per event or whatever) that you don't really get sick of them.

• Options
    Anyone know if there's a way to share replays on a console without a capture card (are they stored anywhere accessible from a computer)?

• Options
    vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    Anyone know if there's a way to share replays on a console without a capture card (are they stored anywhere accessible from a computer)?
    Are you playing on Xbox One or PS4? If so, you could always use the Game DVR/Share Button stuff to make a video.

55ymlH2.png
  • Options
    vid wrote: »
    Are you playing on Xbox One or PS4? If so, you could always use the Game DVR/Share Button stuff to make a video.

I'm actually playing on 360. Would've upgraded to XB1 if those cheap bastards at Microsoft would let my live purchases transfer over. I have over $500 in XBL content.

• Options
    Spent maybe 2-3 hours trying to get a zero fault run on "Mind the Gap" (I think thats what it is called) - finally did it and I'm still 20 seconds too long for the Platinum medal. :(

• Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    The difficulty jump from Medium to Hard is just ridiculous. I unlocked the first hard level last night, and I'm not sure if it's fun or not. Had a blast all the way here, but this feels like slamming into a fun wall. If I could figure out bunny hopping, I'd probably have a much easier time too.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Hard didn't seem that bad after doing all of evolution. The extreme stuff is the first map I max faulted/max timed out of a map for. I'll give the other extreme maps I havent tried a chance, but I think I am done already if they are that hard. There's a point where you have to master the forward/backward movement in order to proceede at a level I am never going to accomplish, so I will just give up and admit failure.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I always attempt 0 fault runs every time so when I find one I can't beat I will be stuck for weeks.

• Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    I finally beat Frost Bite, meaning I've cleared all the Extreme tracks. Time to go back and work on those Platinums!

• Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    What bike are you guys using for the first hard levels? I just unlocked the Pit Viper, so I assumed I was supposed to use that one, but it just doesn't seem to have enough power to make it up the really steep inclines. I switched to the Roach for one, and it just powers up the inclines no problem, but I'm apparently even worse at bunny hopping with it than with the Pit Viper. So, with either one I'm hitting checkpoints 100+ times, which is starting to get annoying.